ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Live album to be released on September (inc. the best from "LYL" to "NS") Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
July 13th, 2004 08:31 AM
Monkey Woman A old new best-of compilation... A best-of the already released live albums...
July 13th, 2004 08:38 AM
caro "Dear Member,

You probably heard some comments here and there, saying the fanclub didn't focus on the REAL fans and was basically made for rich people. Those comments are, of course, completely off-base. Still, they encouraged us to make your fanclub even BETTER.
Did you know the Stones are about to release a brand new compilation of old live songs? Well we decided to jump on this occasion to do some major clean-up and unmask those who bought the Platinum membership for the sole purpose of bragging about it to some blonde girlfriend. Indeed, this new CD will be coupled to a much-loved feature : the CLUB TICKETS!! Yes! See, we know YOU are only in it for the music, and you would of course never pass on the new CD. And so you will automatically be amongst the members who will be allowed to buy club tickets. Whereas those Bon-Jovi-listening, cigar-smoking, casual fan club members who won't bother to buy the album (the album, man! the music!!) will be shut out of this privilege. Quite smart, huh? Haha! Ha. Anyway, looking forward to your payment.
Sincerely,

Your
Fanclub staff,
As excited about all this as YOU are."
July 13th, 2004 09:40 AM
Taptrick
I'm starting to ask myself if this is a band intent on ruining their legacy. Don't get me wrong 40 years from now they will be seen as one of the best ever, but their actions of late may force them to overcome an image as the band that couldn't produce or quit at the end - grow some fucking balls, put out an album, tour, then put out a nut and bolts blues/r&b/soul album to bring it all back home - then coast into the embarrasing rerererelease era.

"Yeah, you outa see, youtta see all the kids a laugh, and they...they think I'm going crazy..."

[Edited by Taptrick]
July 13th, 2004 09:43 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
caro wrote:
"Dear Member,

You probably heard some comments here and there, saying the fanclub didn't focus on the REAL fans and was basically made for rich people. Those comments are, of course, completely off-base. Still, they encouraged us to make your fanclub even BETTER.
Did you know the Stones are about to release a brand new compilation of old live songs? Well we decided to jump on this occasion to do some major clean-up and unmask those who bought the Platinum membership for the sole purpose of bragging about it to some blonde girlfriend. Indeed, this new CD will be coupled to a much-loved feature : the CLUB TICKETS!! Yes! See, we know YOU are only in it for the music, and you would of course never pass on the new CD. And so you will automatically be amongst the members who will be allowed to buy club tickets. Whereas those Bon-Jovi-listening, cigar-smoking, casual fan club members who won't bother to buy the album (the album, man! the music!!) will be shut out of this privilege. Quite smart, huh? Haha! Ha. Anyway, looking forward to your payment.
Sincerely,

Your
Fanclub staff,
As excited about all this as YOU are."

LOL...they are good sellers
July 13th, 2004 10:05 AM
F505 Another live album? The last 4 were already disappointing. I agree with the ones who said: give us the entire mocambo: the Stones in top shape!
July 13th, 2004 10:17 AM
Gazza >does richard brandson need to finance another trip around the world?

Nothin' to do with Richard Branson. He signed the Stones to Virgin Records initially and then a few months later sold the company to EMI, with the Stones as his main "act" being the primary bargaining tool to tempt EMI into buying him out.

Virgin is only a subsidiary of EMI now. I don't think Branson has any dealings with the record label anymore. Same with his radio station. he sold that too a few years ago
July 13th, 2004 10:18 AM
The_Worst I have to believe all of this is just contractual obligations stuff. That being said, I just hope this double live has some of the best of the rare licks tour stuff. Personally, this sounds like a good opportunity to release "Nearness of You" on an offical Stones album. I can also see them putting "Love Train" and "Can't Turn You Loose" on this album. I hope they use the second disk as an opportunity to release the songs that have never been included on an offical release. If they put the war horses on the second disk I will probably puke...

I personally think all of the great old performances are being saved for when the Stones officially call it a day. Look at Hendrix, he was only really big for three years while he was alive and he has a new live album out every year!! Once the Stones finally call it a day I think we will see classic Stones releases for the next 100 years!!

If The Dead can release all their performances, imagine what the Stones could do!!!

All this being said, I will probably end up buying both the re-issue of Jumpback and the Best of Live album just because I'm a sucker for everything Stones... :P
July 13th, 2004 10:56 AM
Lazy Bones I just hope it's over-priced. It wouldn't feel right, otherwise!
July 13th, 2004 10:56 AM
glencar No doubt I'll buy this stuff too & even give away some copies for Christmas/birthday gifts. But it sure is a waste of time for the true fans like us.
July 13th, 2004 11:05 AM
Navin The Stones have to make another studio album - As per the 1993 Virgin contract - 3 studio albums and rights to all the post-1971 albums. So far, there have been only VL and B2B since.
July 13th, 2004 11:05 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
If The Dead can release all their performances, imagine what the Stones could do!!!

They're different. The Dead change(d) setlists everynight. The Stones change, maybe, 4-6 songs nightly. The Dead are also a highly recordable and tradable act.

I don't think anyone could afford official Stones releases. Not to mention how much they'd be edited. Personally, I'd still prefer an unedited audience copy.
July 13th, 2004 11:06 AM
glencar 2 studio albums in 10 years. No shame.
July 13th, 2004 12:19 PM
cwatts0462 why do the stones starve us for archive material
why cant they do what zep did with their new dvd
dont get me wrong i love four flicks, but where is
the stuff from 69 - 78 , they could make such a nice pkg with this stuff , why do all the other bands treat there fans to this type stuff but the stones have too bullshit
around all the time
July 13th, 2004 12:22 PM
jb Is this the new album or just a separate thing offered by the fan club?
July 13th, 2004 12:34 PM
glencar New release but old material.
July 13th, 2004 01:01 PM
Bloozehound A re-release of a discontinued greatest hits album...ok maybe...but also a re-release-greatest hits comp of the "live albums", LMAO! These guys are getting better than Klein at repackaging & reselling their crap.

I'll take a look at this live album, but it doesn't sound too promising so far. Hopefully they have something more enticing for us to spend our greenbacks on coming down the pipe in the not too distant future
July 13th, 2004 01:06 PM
Nasty Habits Lamer Than You'll Ever Be.

July 13th, 2004 01:07 PM
jb Is this the album to support the new tour starting Feb 8th at the Trocedero in Philly?
July 13th, 2004 01:10 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
jb wrote:
Is this the album to support the new tour starting Feb 8th at the Trocedero in Philly?

In your nightmares...
July 13th, 2004 01:36 PM
Saint Sway gee I just cant wait for "Best of the Best Of Albums"

fuckin idiots. Like someone said earlier: GROW SOME BALLS

just put out a new record already

or if your gonna put out a live album then pick one of the kick ass theatre shows and reclaim your crown as the worlds greatest

but stop recycling already released material!!
July 13th, 2004 01:47 PM
Stones The Stones try to release something every year to stay in the public eye. Either Solo or Group stuff has come out just about every year since the 1960's to today.
July 13th, 2004 02:08 PM
Gazza and this is "trying" ?

Trying our fucking patience, more like...
July 13th, 2004 02:15 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
and this is "trying" ?

This can't be the new tour album..this will not even sell 500k copies!!!
July 13th, 2004 02:18 PM
marko Trying our fucking patience, more like...

I�ve allready lost it mate,i�m more in zep world,still.
At leats zep gives something NEW all the time.Even i�m just
talkin about boots.
July 13th, 2004 02:59 PM
jb
quote:
marko wrote:

I�ve allready lost it mate,i�m more in zep world,still.
talkin about boots.

No Marko...don't go to the dark side yet....wait until we have full confirmation of this...
July 13th, 2004 03:01 PM
doo doo doo Dude I'm sorry but the released live albums suck and are poor representation of their live prowess. The best of Love You Live, Still Life, Flashpoint and No Security. You gotta be kidding me. There's no reason they can't pull shit from the radio broadcasts of the 70's (Leeds Lungs, Brussels & Handsome Girls), soundboard material from the 75 tour, El Macombo, Hampton 81...the list goes on and on. what a shame.
July 13th, 2004 04:14 PM
Gazza >This can't be the new tour album..this will not even sell 500k copies!!!

No..it wont be. There'll be a studio album for the tour.

This smacks of "contractual obligation"..

and 500k copies? You must be kidding. It won't sell 50,000 worldwide. No security sold - what, 90,000 - even though it came out during a tour? Who the fuck is going to think that buying a double CD to get 1 CD of previously unreleased live material from a year or two ago is worth the investment? The idea of that live compilation is too hideous to comprehend. All of those live albums SOUND very different musically too.
July 13th, 2004 04:25 PM
Joey
" I�ve allready lost it mate,i�m more in zep world,still.
talkin about boots. "

You make Joey
July 13th, 2004 04:27 PM
Joey " ........ live album compilation? Including songs from "No Security" - the lowest selling album the Stones ever put out and the one whose commercial failure (so we thought) meant no more live album cash-ins? Hands up who thought THIS was a great idea? No? Thought not! Oh but theres a live CD of Licks material on it. Great. A year after the tour ended too. Just when you thought that "Four flicks" meant ............. "

The " No Security " disc ROCKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST OFFICIALLY RELEASED LIVE STONES YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( except for Flashpoint )

G. I. JJJJJJJJERKY JOE BOY !
July 13th, 2004 04:27 PM
Gazza Just got a press release from rs.com

The Rolling Stones are pleased to announce that to coincide with the release of two new/old compilations "Live Licks" and "Jump Back" later this summer, that Premium Fan Club members will be able to purchase an interactive DVD of the turds of each of the four band members which were freshly created at Studio Guilaume Tell in Paris this summer especially for the fan club.

The DVD, entitled "The Rolling Stones Number 2's" will be available for $100 from September 20th but we are taking pre-orders for this essential new release NOW!

The DVD comes complete with interactive features such as a "scratch and sniff" facility and a "poop scoop" (the latter of which is supplied with the first 5,000 copies only). There will be also be a further limited edition released at Christmas with signed copies of bodily functions performed by all of the band members past and present, including Brian Jones, Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman which is expected to retail at around $10,000. The ultimate gift for the fan who has to have everything!

The "release" of this original and pioneering piece of marketing was in response to feedback from the loyal fans who subscribe to rs.com and who expressed that they were anxious for fresh material from the boys in 2004 while they wait for the new album and tour which is due to follow in early 2005. The band, as always, are always happy to oblige as a thank you to their fans who have supported them throughout the years.

[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5