ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Olympiastadion, Berlin- 21st July 2006
© Johannes Eisele with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ***THE STONES ARE SHIT*** Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
18th July 2006 02:41 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

That was serious, I'm knitting!
I will knit sock monkeys of The Stones and sell them at shows!

I want in on the pre-sale!
18th July 2006 02:47 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I don't think the US Fall tour issue is nonsense at all. They shouldn’t even contemplate going back there 'till they've rescheduled all the cancelled European shows.

FUCK THE EURO TRASH!!!!
18th July 2006 03:08 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
pdog wrote:

That was serious, I'm knitting!
I will knit sock monkeys of The Stones and sell them at shows!

They are sure to be a hit. Sales will hit the Millions in no time. Everyone one RO will need one, especially Maxy......

18th July 2006 03:11 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

FUCK THE EURO TRASH!!!!

FUCK THE YANK TRASH!
18th July 2006 03:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

FUCK THE EURO TRASH!!!!

This is not a slight on European fans at all, the Fall Mini Tour is for Tax purposes and because the margin/profit is far greater in North America
18th July 2006 03:20 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
oldkr wrote:
Anybody who feels the need to tell me MT was better than RW or Keith needs to retire, or charlie will be dead in a week or there will be no US fall tour or any other nonesense ,

please post it here then I don't have to read it elsewhere!

THANKS

OLDKR

Buddy you just don't get it: lil Mick was an acomplished musician, Woody was always worse than every average high school band guitar player wannabee, that's simple as that. On the other side, Mick Taylor was very rarely a real Stone. And the Stones were never into great musicianship, if you know what I mean.
18th July 2006 03:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:

Buddy you just don't get it: lil Mick was an acomplished musician, Woody was always worse than every average high school band guitar player wannabee, that's simple as that. On the other side, Mick Taylor was very rarely a real Stone. And the Stones were never into great musicianship, if you know what I mean.

Please listen to Ronnie Wood with the Faces and with the Stones on Some Girls. Ridiculous comment.

Mick Taylor is a fine musician, but without the Stones or a Bluesbreaker reunion...you can find him rocking the house at a local tavern near you. We (the Stones) created the legend of Mick Taylor, and while he is one of the best technical guitarists that is heard on the radio, he does not fit the Stones Stage image. We have Blondie to cover the guitar licks and he does just fine!
18th July 2006 03:44 PM
Maxlugar [quote]voodoopug wrote:

Please listen to Ronnie Wood with the Faces and with the Stones on Some Girls. Ridiculous comment.

Mick Taylor is a fine musician, but without the Stones or a Bluesbreaker reunion...you can find him rocking the house at a local tavern near you. We (the Stones) created the legend of Mick Taylor, and while he is one of the best technical guitarists that is heard on the radio, he does not fit the Stones Stage image. We have Blondie to cover the guitar licks and he does just fine!

Mick Taylor doesn't fit the Stones stage image???? That's ridiculous! He is the image at the left of your screen from '69 though '74! The best years! AND Mick Taylor more closely resembles Brian Jones who created the damn band. Ron Wood's "image" is vastly different from Brian Jones and Mick Taylor.

Also, I agree Ron is more accomplished than Dick Bush here is claiming. My problem with Ron is more about laziness than about real talent. Anyone listening to Wild Horses 1976 or all of the '78 and '81 tours knows the guy can play. He just doesn't want to. He's quitting without having the balls to quit like the great Mick Taylor.
18th July 2006 03:45 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

only a die-hard U2 fan could write something that stupid
18th July 2006 03:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

only a die-hard U2 fan could write something that stupid

If you continue posting like that, I will not reveal the transcript of the Voodoo Press Conference as my team is close to obtaining one!
18th July 2006 03:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]voodoopug wrote:

Mick Taylor doesn't fit the Stones stage image???? That's ridiculous! He is the image at the left of your screen from '69 though '74! The best years! AND Mick Taylor more closely resembles Brian Jones who created the damn band. Ron Wood's "image" is vastly different from Brian Jones and Mick Taylor.

Also, I agree Ron is more accomplished than Dick Bush here is claiming. My problem with Ron is more about laziness than about real talent. Anyone listening to Wild Horses 1976 or all of the '78 and '81 tours knows the guy can play. He just doesn't want to. He's quitting without having the balls to quit like the great Mick Taylor.

Good post...I retract parts of my statement and merge it with yours.
18th July 2006 03:55 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

FUCK THE EURO TRASH!!!!

I do not particularly care for your avatar .

18th July 2006 03:56 PM
Joey .

" Mick Taylor doesn't fit the Stones stage image???? That's ridiculous! He is the image at the left of your screen from '69 though '74! The best years! AND Mick Taylor more closely resembles Brian Jones who created the damn band. Ron Wood's "image" is vastly different from Brian Jones and Mick Taylor.

Also, I agree Ron is more accomplished than Dick Bush here is claiming. My problem with Ron is more about laziness than about real talent. Anyone listening to Wild Horses 1976 or all of the '78 and '81 tours knows the guy can play. He just doesn't want to. He's quitting without having the balls to quit like the great Mick Taylor. "

18th July 2006 03:59 PM
Madafaka Yeah, Stones are shit! Kill them all!

18th July 2006 04:30 PM
pdog The Stones made God in their image!
18th July 2006 04:44 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]voodoopug wrote:

Well, you really must be a true believer Dexterity - that's something really nothing common with Woody!!

Whatever, if Stones really wanted to have the perfect guitar virtuoso, they would have chosen the strat cat Jeff - or someone else of so many other great guitar players - they just prefered to get someone who simply match better.

Was that really bad? Is it the perfection of Chuck's playing the thing which turns you on? Then again, who climbed the little banana tree with Keef?
18th July 2006 04:57 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

I have had the plerasure of meeting the young gentlemen several times, with Atlanta vbreakfest at Ritz being most memorable. He is , indeed, a gentlemen and has alwasy been a strong avocate of all things Stonesey........

I was there too!
18th July 2006 05:05 PM
pdog Blue... Where you been?
18th July 2006 05:08 PM
Hannalee
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
PLEASE DELETE ALL POSTS EXCEPT FOR THE FIRST ONE, OLDKR DOES NOT DESERVE THIS!

He started it!!
18th July 2006 05:09 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I was there too!

Blue .....................?!?!

BLUE .. ?!?!

Is THAT really YOU ?!?!

18th July 2006 05:12 PM
ExileInLA The Stones in 2006 are shit.

Mick Taylor was the man.

Mick Taylor IS fat.

Who cares.

I just know the band is done.
18th July 2006 06:10 PM
Jumpinjackflash59 Oldkr, yes of course Ronnie is a joke compared to Mick Taylor, yes of course Keith should retire, yes Charlie is in bad shape and so the minitour is cancelled.
May i also complain about the poor set lists?
18th July 2006 06:47 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves McCartney sucks!
18th July 2006 06:52 PM
throbby I have the greatest respect for Ron Wood having looked into his eyes as we passed each other in the hall of the Four Seasons. He is a true gentleman and the most fan friendly of the Stones. IMHO he takes way too much shit from some on this board.

He may not be a virtuoso, but he performs his role within the Stones.
18th July 2006 07:05 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
throbby wrote:
He may not be a virtuoso, but he performs his role within the Stones.

throbby, I agree with you. He is a true gentleman and undoubtedly a Stone and through. People gripes with him are all guitar based. Yes, Ronnie isn't a virtuoso, but Jesus, have you heard him lately? Worried About You, Sway, fucking hell, Tumbling Dice???? These are not PERSONAL attacks on the great man, far from it, I think many of us are just bemused at how a once wonderful guitarist now struggles to function on stage. Maybe he has problems with his fingers; maybe he's constantly wankerd! Anyway, were talking about him, right? I wish people wouldn’t act as if they’re his buddies. We’re all allowed to be critical and in the case of Ronnie, it’s warranted!
18th July 2006 07:17 PM
Saint Sway so much damage was done between 82 and 89 to Ronnie. Its like his brain and talent were sucked out in those seven years.

its sad really. In the 70s, he was the shit. I consider him one of the most underated guitarists ever during that time.

He was great up to 82 but come the 89 tour he completely forgot how to play songs he once knew. So he started faking it and hopping around and waving. The result ever since has been an overall much thinner guitar sound than what it used to be.

the guy still has his moments. But they're sprinkled out very thin.

like I said. Its sad.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
18th July 2006 07:18 PM
Madafaka I hate chicken salad!
18th July 2006 07:58 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
so much damage was done between 82 and 89 to Ronnie. Its like his brain and talent were sucked out in those seven years.

its sad really. In the 70s, he was the shit. I consider him one of the most underated guitarists ever during that time.

He was great up to 82 but come the 89 tour he completely forgot how to play songs he once knew. So he started faking it and hopping around and waving. The result ever since has been an overall much thinner guitar sound than what it used to be.

the guy still has his moments. But they're sprinkled out very thin.

like I said. Its sad.

I agree with you.
18th July 2006 08:11 PM
pdog
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
I hate chicken salad!

I agree with you.
18th July 2006 09:01 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
Blue... Where you been?

On vacay, as per usual this time of year. Went to South Carolina. Busy working since I got back. Missed everyone. Expect a posting frenzy later in the week.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)