ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Olympiastadion, Berlin- 21st July 2006
© Johannes Eisele with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ***THE STONES ARE SHIT*** Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
18th July 2006 09:12 PM
Lazy Bones Imo, the real problem with Ronnie isn't Ronnie at all. It's Keith. I believe Ronnie plays they way he does because that's how Keith wants him to play. I really don't think Keith would allow a bandmate to out-play him on the same stage.
18th July 2006 09:19 PM
Twostoned This is a very disturbing thread....
18th July 2006 09:23 PM
glencar Y'all leave Ronnie alone.
18th July 2006 09:25 PM
pdog
quote:
Twostoned wrote:
This is a very disturbing thread....

You should see me naked, you've got no idea what disturbing is...
18th July 2006 09:42 PM
Twostoned
quote:
pdog wrote:

Ha!
18th July 2006 10:42 PM
tookthatname
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'll stick with bouncy
19th July 2006 12:51 AM
corgi37 Stupid bloody thread. But who cares? RW or MT? It's all over anyway.
19th July 2006 02:40 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
so much damage was done between 82 and 89 to Ronnie. Its like his brain and talent were sucked out in those seven years.

its sad really. In the 70s, he was the shit. I consider him one of the most underated guitarists ever during that time.

He was great up to 82 but come the 89 tour he completely forgot how to play songs he once knew. So he started faking it and hopping around and waving. The result ever since has been an overall much thinner guitar sound than what it used to be.

the guy still has his moments. But they're sprinkled out very thin.

like I said. Its sad.

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Very very very thin you mean.
19th July 2006 08:25 AM
Honky Tonk Man Maybe his playing was deteriorating slightly, but the Woodster was still fine on the Voodoo Lounge tour and was still magnificent a few years earlier on the Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle tours. It was during the Bridges To Babylon tour that the form REALLY started to dip, not prior.
19th July 2006 08:30 AM
LadyJane
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Very very very thin you mean.

Do EVER..EVER have ANYTHING positive to say??

LJ
19th July 2006 08:43 AM
glencar He's a Dutch Joshy!
19th July 2006 09:24 AM
Joey
quote:
oldkr wrote:
Anybody who feels the need to tell me MT was better than RW or Keith needs to retire, or charlie will be dead in a week or there will be no US fall tour or any other nonesense ,

My Ass !!!!

BEST STONES YET !!!!!

UnfrigginBELIEVABLE Stones
19th July 2006 09:31 AM
glencar I think oldkr(the net's biggest Keith resource) was being facetious.
19th July 2006 09:32 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think oldkr(the net's biggest Keith resource) was being facetious.

I hope so ........ I love me Stones !

19th July 2006 10:16 AM
jb I respect Throbby very much and agree, RW is by far the nicest guy in the band. I also spoke to him at 4 Seasons and he could not have been nicer.
As far as MT, I have made it abundantly clear that for me, the Taylor era was simply their greatest. In fact, Throbby and SS turned me on to the very Taylor boots which cemented in my mind how unbeleivably tight the Stones were musically during this period.
Ronnie is a Stone through and through...and although I prefer the lead guitar of Taylor to the "ancient form of weaving" , I agree with some that RW may , in fact, be required to play in a certain manner to accomadate Keith. It is hard to understand how he could go from the hard sounding rocker from 75-81, to , imo, the anemic sound that we hear today. Whatever the reason, his playing just doesn't stand out....I know how excited we were to get CYHMK, SWAY, MM. etc...I give them credit for trying, but after the initial buzz of hearing it for the 1st time live, if your hon est, it just doesn't rock....Anyway, it's more or less a moot point as RW has spent 30 plus years with the band, is seemingly beloved by all, and may have kept this thing going as a liasion b/t the Glimmer Twins all these years. As the wind up their run this year, I can say RW does not owe us anything...he has done the best he can, and while it is not the type of playing I enjoy, the man certainly deserves our respect for his contributions ovwer the years. Moreover, we all can wish him and his family well in trying to stay healthy ...he is a young man and we don't want him or anyone to be sick.
19th July 2006 10:25 AM
FotiniD Just a little thought for all of us to ponder, since we're happy doing the "What if's" again.

What if the Stones had said their final goodbye's in the seventies? What if Keith had dropped dead or Mick had decided he'd be better off as a solo artist?

Or, to be more up-to-date, what if Keith (and I'm so glad we're so beyond this possibility now) hadn't made it after the operation?

I'd like to see then how many of you wouldn't say "thank you" if you could even have just one more chance to just see them playing the whole "Dirty Work" packed along with all the warhorses of the world in their gigs.

What I'm trying to say is yes, we souldn't take anything they say or do as gospel, but it's equally insane, imo, to go nagging about the same old boring stuff with every chance we get. (Enter: Ronnie vs. Taylor, Keith Should Quit, Change the Setlist or any other boring debate you like).

Just to see the great picture here and realize what we got, that's all I'm saying.

And do try to catch more gigs more often. And when you do catch them, try to feel the show without prejudice and actually focus on the band, not what you THINK the band will sound like.

Just enjoy it for Christ's sakes! How many more years do you think we'll be so lucky as to have a tour to discuss?
19th July 2006 10:28 AM
jb I am sorry about Greece ............
19th July 2006 10:39 AM
F505 .
[Edited by F505]
19th July 2006 10:40 AM
F505 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTaZVttOmwY&search=patti%20smith
19th July 2006 10:58 AM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
What I'm trying to say is yes, we souldn't take anything they say or do as gospel, but it's equally insane, imo, to go nagging about the same old boring stuff with every chance we get. (Enter: Ronnie vs. Taylor, Keith Should Quit, Change the Setlist or any other boring debate you like).

Just enjoy it for Christ's sakes! How many more years do you think we'll be so lucky as to have a tour to discuss?

all of those are separate arguments and just because one is absurd and tiresome it doesnt make the others likewise.

Ronnie v Taylor is simply a redundant discussion because theres no point to it and the band's line up isnt going to change - wanting the band to be more adventurous in concert isnt because its 'current' and relevant.

and if we dont have a tour to discuss in a few months time, whats the point of having a board if theres things that we cant all agree on or 'debate'. Theres more to it all than just "enjoying" it for its own sake just because its there

[Edited by Gazza]
19th July 2006 11:03 AM
F505 Well I prefer 'boring' discussions than threads like "I am so glad they are alive" or "We should be grateful they're still touring".
19th July 2006 11:05 AM
Joey " .......... whats the point of having a board if theres things that we cant all agree on or 'debate'. "

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
19th July 2006 11:06 AM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:
" .......... whats the point of having a board if theres things that we cant all agree on or 'debate'. "

Hello Mike!
19th July 2006 11:10 AM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:

Hello Mike!

Hello F505

What we drinking this evening ?!?!

19th July 2006 11:13 AM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hello F505

What we drinking this evening ?!?!

Whatever you want
19th July 2006 11:17 AM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
Well I prefer 'boring' discussions than threads like "I am so glad they are alive" or "We should be grateful they're still touring".

We (me) always try to keep the discussions lively and fun...what I enjoy most about this board is that we(me) are not limited to Stones, asmthat, indeed, would be boring. I agree, the "thank god they are alive/touring" threads are boring. We(me) try to focus on important /controversial subjects like tour revenue, Keith's phony image and jealousy of MT, Ronnie being a nice, but insignificant memebr in the band, the fact we can't even sell out arenas in som e areas, etc....I also love the fact that we(I) am allowed to discuss politics, religion, sex, and almost anything as long as we don't go too far.........................the board has a very high tolerance threshold, and thus, I make it my home away from home.
[Edited by jb]
19th July 2006 11:25 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

We (me) always try to keep the discussions lively and fun...what I enjoy most about this board is that we(me) are not limited to Stones, asmthat, indeed, would be boring. I agree, the "thank god they are alive/touring" threads are boring. We(me) try to focus on important /controversial subjects like tour revenue, Keith's phony image and jealousy of MT, Ronnie being a nice, but insignificant memebr in the band, the fact we can't even sell out arenas in som e areas, etc....I also love the fact that we(I) am allowed to discuss politics, religion, sex, and almost anything as long as we don't go too far.........................the board has a very high tolerance threshold, and thus, I make it my home away from home.
[Edited by jb]

http://www.foxnews.com/

19th July 2006 11:36 AM
jb The bastardss hit Nazareth!!!! I am truly sorry for my Christmas friends here.
[Edited by jb]
19th July 2006 11:37 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
The bastardss hit Nazareth!!!! I am truly sorry for my Christmas friends here.
[Edited by jb]

Shameless Bastards !

20th July 2006 02:40 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

and if we dont have a tour to discuss in a few months time, whats the point of having a board if theres things that we cant all agree on or 'debate'. Theres more to it all than just "enjoying" it for its own sake just because its there

Yes Gazza, the whole point of a board is to have debates and discuss, I don't disagree with that. It's just that there's a lot of negativity lately and it's driving me insane, cause I don't see the joy that's got to be involved since we're all talking about a band we love. I expected more of a positive reaction with the band out on the road.

Sure, they didn't help AT ALL with their stupid cancellations and keeping us in the dark for all this time and generally treating their fans like shit I know.

I'd like the Stones to be more adventurous as well, but if I made a list with the things that I'd like changed, setlists come way below e.g. ticket prices, the whole Vegas act on stage etc. Maybe it's more of a problem for people who attend lots of gigs. I see them once every three years or so, which makes me happy enough to ignore it's the 125996313rd time they play "Brown Sugar"

I guess I still have the Milan vibes in my head It was SO good a gig that all those things that made me angry too just stopped bothering me for a while (like a Morissey song goes, 'there is no point saying this again, but I forgive you, I forgive you, always I do forgive you' sort of thing) and I'd like to treasure this feeling before I start nagging as well, lol.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)