ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Fleabit Peanut
Monkey was here babies!
Spectrum Arena, Philadelphia - Today 30 years ago
© 1975 FPM C10
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where Is Maxy's Couch? Did Someone Break It? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
June 16th, 2005 05:20 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
It was hacked. By Germans.

Say the word, my friend and Roostah will unleash his FURY!!!!
June 16th, 2005 05:23 PM
gypsy I think it's blatantly obvious that Max moved to a private board, inviting only his ass-kissing buddies. Tele?
June 16th, 2005 05:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I think it's blatantly obvious that Max moved to a private board, inviting only his ass-kissing buddies. Tele?

is this the truth????
June 16th, 2005 05:27 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I think it's blatantly obvious that Max moved to a private board, inviting only his ass-kissing buddies. Tele?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 16th, 2005 05:28 PM
gypsy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

is this the truth????

I may be wrong. But that is my gut feeling.
June 16th, 2005 05:30 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

You Flatter Me Sir !!!

{ Ed McMahon Laugh : Ho ! ... Ho ! ... Ho ! )

Flacky Carson !

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.
June 16th, 2005 05:31 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsy wrote:

you are a fair and honest woman, if this is true and you were not invited to the private board.....this is horrible...you were part of the blood that kept that board alive!
[Edited by voodoopug]
June 16th, 2005 05:35 PM
gypsy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you are a fair and honest woman, if this is try and you were not invited to the private board.....this is horrible...you were part of the blood that kept that board alive!

Thank you, pug. You are a true gentleman.
I believe I wouldn't be invited due to the fact that I rarely suck up to Maxy, unlike tele, SS, Fiji, and a few others.
I'm sure I will catch some flak for this, but I am prepared.
June 16th, 2005 05:38 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

is this the truth????

I won't deny that what Gypsy says is consistent with the e-mails that I may have received. I just can't say at this time. I don't want to spread false rumors, so I'll just say these things may or may not be true according to what I am hearing from people that I can't name at this point.
June 16th, 2005 05:39 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I believe I wouldn't be invited due to the fact that I rarely suck up to Maxy, unlike tele, SS, Fiji, and a few others.

I like every second, so long as you are on my mind
Every moment has its special charm
It's all right when you're around, rain or shine
I know a crowd who only live after midnight
Their faces always seem so pale
And then there's friends of mine who must have sunlight
They say a suntan never fails
I know a man who works the night shift
He's lucky to get a job and some pay
And I like every minute of the day

I dig every second
I can laugh in the snow and rain
I get a buzz from being cold and wet
The pleasure seems to balance out the pain

And so you see that I'm completely crazy
I even shun Y.O.T.I.
The people on the hill, they say I'm lazy
But when they sleep, I sing and dance
Some people have to have the sultry evenings
Cocktails in the blue, red and grey
But I like every minute of the day

I like every minute of the day ..... ( fade to Steelie )
June 16th, 2005 05:41 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I won't deny that what Gypsy says is consistent with the e-mails that I may have received. I just can't say at this time. I don't want to spread false rumors, so I'll just say these things may or may not be true according to what I am hearing from people that I can't name at this point.

W- W- W- What ?!?!

June 16th, 2005 05:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsy wrote:

only a gentleman to dignified ladies such as yourself! glad to see you posting more here at Rocks Off (our home)
June 16th, 2005 05:54 PM
gypsy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

only a gentleman to dignified ladies such as yourself! glad to see you posting more here at Rocks Off (our home)

Your kind words are much appreciated. I am glad to be back, as I feel Fiji and SS created a harsh environment on www.maxlugar.com.
June 16th, 2005 05:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Your kind words are much appreciated. I am glad to be back, as I feel Fiji and SS created a harsh environment on www.maxlugar.com.

i am told that they asked josh to leave the board!!
June 16th, 2005 06:06 PM
gypsy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

They bullied him. He really had no choice. They have a gang-like mentality when they are all together. I have no respect for that type of behavior. It also jives with my theory about maxlugar being too spineless to just come out and admit that he would like a private board. They are cowards. We are NOT!
June 16th, 2005 06:20 PM
Some Guy It made it past St. Patricks Day.
June 16th, 2005 07:14 PM
pdog
quote:
gypsy wrote:

It also jives with my theory about maxlugar being too spineless to just come out and admit that he would like a private board. They are cowards. We are NOT!

I may have to reconsider greeting Maxy in NYC...
This is sad, I must consult my Oija board and meditate with Yoda. If this is true than Maxlugar has gone over to the darkside, BUT! I hold out hope that he was only hacked and all will be well right soon enough.
June 16th, 2005 07:15 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

jb left on his own... He may have felt bullied but he talks the talk as good as anyone else. It was his choice and no one elses.
June 16th, 2005 07:32 PM
gypsy
quote:
pdog wrote:

I may have to reconsider greeting Maxy in NYC...
This is sad, I must consult my Oija board and meditate with Yoda. If this is true than Maxlugar has gone over to the darkside, BUT! I hold out hope that he was only hacked and all will be well right soon enough.

I was actually half-joking. He may be having server problems. I can't be too sure at this point.
Consult the Ouija board though...and I'll try to find my Magic 8 Ball. We'll get to the bottom of this one way or another.
June 16th, 2005 08:08 PM
pdog
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I was actually half-joking. He may be having server problems. I can't be too sure at this point.
Consult the Ouija board though...and I'll try to find my Magic 8 Ball. We'll get to the bottom of this one way or another.

The board told me that I may talk my wife into giving me a 48 hour pass to go to NYC in September. This would be good news, since I asked the board if I would be greeting Maxy in NYC...
I got one of those 8 balls somewhere too!!!
June 16th, 2005 08:30 PM
Child of the Moon What happened to the couch? I'll tell you:

WILL IT GO ROUND IN CIRCLES!?
June 16th, 2005 09:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot Gypsy...you are so full of shit that your eyes turned brown.

There is no private board. And for you to be claiming that I have been creating a harsh enviorment is the pot calling the kettle black. You have spit more venom in the last 2 months than I have in the last 2 years!

All I try to do is be a good friend to you...and this is how you treat me. I am hurt and disappointed.
June 16th, 2005 09:47 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Gypsy...you are so full of shit that your eyes turned brown.

There is no private board. And for you to be claiming that I have been creating a harsh enviorment is the pot calling the kettle black. You have spit more venom in the last 2 months than I have in the last 2 years!

All I try to do is be a good friend to you...and this is how you treat me. I am hurt and disappointed.

I like both of you and am anxiously awaiting for the couch to be brought back out covered in that clear plastic film stuff, so we can all spooge and foam on it. I have great news, I was hoping to post there first. It concerns me and The Stones, but it's great news. Very great... For me and those I hope to greet.
June 16th, 2005 11:25 PM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Gypsy...you are so full of shit that your eyes turned brown.

Yeah, well, howe do you think I feel? I wasn't invited to the new private board.
June 16th, 2005 11:32 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
What happened to the couch? I'll tell you:

WILL IT GO ROUND IN CIRCLES!?

GREAT POSTING!

I was totally on the Couch when it happened, too - There I was, just talking to SheRat about private dances to Miss You and smoking dope whilst fucking to Let It Bleed . . . And then . . . all of a sudden . . . the Couch was gone!

One minute I was there and the next . . .

I was nowhere.

I'm thinking maybe I can sue somebody for damages. Watching it happen was . . . traumatic.

June 17th, 2005 12:12 AM
glencar All is well again on The Couch. Well, maybe!
June 17th, 2005 05:07 AM
beer what's funny is as soon as the couch went tits up, all yall came running back to rocks off.

fair weather friends.

commence back peddaling........
June 17th, 2005 06:42 AM
LadyJane
quote:
beer wrote:
what's funny is as soon as the couch went tits up, all yall came running back to rocks off.

fair weather friends.

commence back peddaling........

SOME of us never left RO!!!

Now...anyone else having trouble accessing the Couch?? I got in this morning at home, but can't from the office. Yous?

LJ.
June 17th, 2005 06:45 AM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Possessing perhaps the most powerful right hand in heavyweight history, Max Baer was a flashy performer who wise-cracked and clowned his way through his career. Although he never fully realized his tremendous potential, Baer won the heavyweight title, and his showmanship entertained an America rocked by the Great Depression. Born in Omaha, Baer moved with his family to Colorado and then to California. He dropped out of school after eighth grade to work with his father on a cattle ranch, where he built his great physical strength doing range work.
Early in his career, Baer trained with a zeal he did not demonstrate later. He turned pro in 1929 and won 22 of his first 24 fights, nine with first-round knockouts. Baer was in supreme condition and dangerous in the ring. In 1930, he was charged with manslaughter when Frankie Campbell, brother of baseball player Dolph Camilli, died as a result of a Baer knockout. Ultimately cleared of criminal charges, Baer was suspended from fighting in California for a year.

Baer quit boxing for several months after Campbell's death, then lost four of his next six fights, partly because of his reluctance to go on the attack. One victor, Hall of Famer Tommy Loughran, told Baer that he was looping and telegraphing his punches. Jack Dempsey helped Baer shorten his punches and took an interest in him for the rest of his career. In 1932, Baer knocked Ernie Schaaf unconscious in the tenth round of what had been a fairly even fight. Not long after, Schaaf died following a bout with Primo Carnera. The death was attributed in part to the beating administered by Baer.

In 1933, in the best fight of his career, Baer beat Max Schmeling at Yankee Stadium before 60,000 fans. Baer hammered Schmeling so thoroughly, referee Arthur Donovan stopped the fight in the tenth round. Now in line for the world heavyweight title, Baer fought Primo Carnera in 1934. At the Madison Square Garden Bowl, before a throng of 50,000, Baer knocked the giant Carnera down eleven times in eleven rounds.

Baer was now at the height of his fame. He starred in a movie, The Prizefighter and the Lady (banned in Germany because Baer's grandfather was Jewish), and lived the high life. He was romantically linked to innumerable starlets, socialites, chorus girls, and Broadway actresses before marrying in 1935.

Baer frittered away the title to James J. Braddock in his first defense. He fought with an injured right hand, and his half-hearted, joking effort lost him the fifteen-round decision. He had been champion for a year. Three months later, Joe Louis demolished Baer in four rounds.

Baer continued to fight for another six years, compiling a record of 30-4 in that time. In retirement, Baer acted, had a successful nightclub act both individually and with Slapsie Maxie Rosenbloom, and refereed boxing and wrestling matches. Baer's son, Max Jr., became famous in his own right for playing the role of Jethro Bodine in the long-running television comedy series, The Beverly Hillbillies.

June 17th, 2005 06:55 AM
egon i like to have a couch to lie on for a bit.
too much wine last night...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)