ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Fleabit Peanut
Monkey was here babies!
Spectrum Arena, Philadelphia - Today 30 years ago
© 1975 FPM C10
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where Is Maxy's Couch? Did Someone Break It? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
June 17th, 2005 02:49 PM
jb http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050617112809990001

Unfucking beleivable.....What this guy will do to get elected in 08....
June 17th, 2005 02:59 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050617112809990001

NOTHING is unbelievable.
June 17th, 2005 03:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050617112809990001

A Bush...probably anything to get re-elected. I read somewhere yesterday where some Republican congressmen want to can the 22 Amendment so W can run again.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
June 17th, 2005 03:06 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

Hi LJ....howe are you?

Hi JB!

Big plans for the weekend??? Have a good one.

LJ.
June 17th, 2005 03:07 PM
voodoopug
June 17th, 2005 03:07 PM
Joey

I feel ill :

Flacky !

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.
June 17th, 2005 03:14 PM
jb I am ashamed of my state...We blew it in 2000 and look at the results!!!!
June 17th, 2005 03:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
...and look at the results!!!!

About a Trillion dollars. Your unborn Grandchildren thank you all very much.
June 17th, 2005 03:18 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I am ashamed of my state...We blew it in 2000 and look at the results!!!!

I would like to caress your kneecaps and nibble your elbows --- ALL at the same time .

Flacky !

June 17th, 2005 03:19 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fuc*ing Andrew wrote:
This guy is calling ME houseboy? You know, the picture could just as well be used to describe your relationship with jb.

You are truly sick and twisted. If you had an ounce of decency, you would delete that photo immediately.
June 17th, 2005 03:19 PM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

About a Trillion dollars. Your unborn Grandchildren thank you all very much.

Frig YEAH !!!!!! : BITE !!!!!!!!!

http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpenny.htm

" Kids & Grandkids do NOT vote Ronnie ! "

Spazzy !

June 17th, 2005 03:20 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

You are truly sick and twisted. If you had an ounce of decency, you would delete that photo immediately.

I would like to bite and kiss you
June 17th, 2005 03:20 PM
jb Hi Gypsy!!!! It's so nice to be back!!! Have a great weekend. Guess I won't be chatting with you tonight
[Edited by jb]
June 17th, 2005 03:22 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Hi Gypsy!!!! It's so nice to be back!!! Have a great weekend. Guess I won't be chatting with you tonight
[Edited by jb]

Strangely , I feel somewhat connected to you geographically

Stritzee ! ™

F. LACKY !!!!
June 17th, 2005 03:24 PM
gypsy
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Possessing perhaps the most powerful right hand in heavyweight history, Max Baer was a flashy performer who wise-cracked and clowned his way through his career. Although he never fully realized his tremendous potential, Baer won the heavyweight title, and his showmanship entertained an America rocked by the Great Depression. Born in Omaha, Baer moved with his family to Colorado and then to California. He dropped out of school after eighth grade to work with his father on a cattle ranch, where he built his great physical strength doing range work.
Early in his career, Baer trained with a zeal he did not demonstrate later. He turned pro in 1929 and won 22 of his first 24 fights, nine with first-round knockouts. Baer was in supreme condition and dangerous in the ring. In 1930, he was charged with manslaughter when Frankie Campbell, brother of baseball player Dolph Camilli, died as a result of a Baer knockout. Ultimately cleared of criminal charges, Baer was suspended from fighting in California for a year.

Baer quit boxing for several months after Campbell's death, then lost four of his next six fights, partly because of his reluctance to go on the attack. One victor, Hall of Famer Tommy Loughran, told Baer that he was looping and telegraphing his punches. Jack Dempsey helped Baer shorten his punches and took an interest in him for the rest of his career. In 1932, Baer knocked Ernie Schaaf unconscious in the tenth round of what had been a fairly even fight. Not long after, Schaaf died following a bout with Primo Carnera. The death was attributed in part to the beating administered by Baer.

In 1933, in the best fight of his career, Baer beat Max Schmeling at Yankee Stadium before 60,000 fans. Baer hammered Schmeling so thoroughly, referee Arthur Donovan stopped the fight in the tenth round. Now in line for the world heavyweight title, Baer fought Primo Carnera in 1934. At the Madison Square Garden Bowl, before a throng of 50,000, Baer knocked the giant Carnera down eleven times in eleven rounds.

Baer was now at the height of his fame. He starred in a movie, The Prizefighter and the Lady (banned in Germany because Baer's grandfather was Jewish), and lived the high life. He was romantically linked to innumerable starlets, socialites, chorus girls, and Broadway actresses before marrying in 1935.

Baer frittered away the title to James J. Braddock in his first defense. He fought with an injured right hand, and his half-hearted, joking effort lost him the fifteen-round decision. He had been champion for a year. Three months later, Joe Louis demolished Baer in four rounds.

Baer continued to fight for another six years, compiling a record of 30-4 in that time. In retirement, Baer acted, had a successful nightclub act both individually and with Slapsie Maxie Rosenbloom, and refereed boxing and wrestling matches. Baer's son, Max Jr., became famous in his own right for playing the role of Jethro Bodine in the long-running television comedy series, The Beverly Hillbillies.

Max Baer Sr. possessed the perfect boxer's physique. He was an excellent fighter. However, he was a heavy drinker and womanizer, which was his downfall. Had he used a bit more discipline, he could have held on to his title for many more years.
June 17th, 2005 03:24 PM
jb Funny!!!! I hope Omaha gets the Stones show and it is not stolen by Kansas!!!!
June 17th, 2005 03:25 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
Funny!!!! I hope Omaha gets the Stones show and it is not stolen by Kansas!!!!

I second that!
June 17th, 2005 03:26 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Fuc*ing Andrew wrote:
Excuse me. But Fiji says if I want to keep my job, I am to deliver this message.

"To Joey, with nothing but love...

"Once proud Joey act so hungry"

Sorry Joey.

[Edited by Fuc*ing Andrew]

HaHAHAaHA!!!
June 17th, 2005 03:27 PM
jb http://slate.msn.com/id/2120151/
June 17th, 2005 03:30 PM
FPM C10
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Max Baer Sr. possessed the perfect boxer's physique. He was an excellent fighter. However, he was a heavy drinker and womanizer, which was his downfall. Had he used a bit more discipline, he could have held on to his title for many more years.

And he was GREAT as Jethro Bodine in the Beverly Hillbillies!

June 17th, 2005 03:32 PM
gypsy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

And he was GREAT as Jethro Bodine in the Beverly Hillbillies!

That is Max Baer Jr. His father was a great man.
June 17th, 2005 03:43 PM
FPM C10
quote:
gypsy wrote:

That is Max Baer Jr. His father was a great man.

Yeah, I know. I was trying to be funny.
My mom was good friends with Nancy Kulp (Miss Jane Hathaway) and Nancy told me that she was afraid of Max Jr. on the set because he often came in loaded on a variety of drugs and alcohol.

Did you mean Max Sr was a great BOXER or a great man? I really don't know anything about him. Ali is the only boxer I ever looked up to.
June 17th, 2005 03:45 PM
jb I thought Jews did not name their kids after someone who was alive?
June 17th, 2005 03:51 PM
telecaster "However, he was a heavy drinker and womanizer"

Story of my life pumpkin

Fast women and slow horses

tele!
June 17th, 2005 03:51 PM
gypsy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Yeah, I know. I was trying to be funny.
My mom was good friends with Nancy Kulp (Miss Jane Hathaway) and Nancy told me that she was afraid of Max Jr. on the set because he often came in loaded on a variety of drugs and alcohol.

Did you mean Max Sr was a great BOXER or a great man? I really don't know anything about him. Ali is the only boxer I ever looked up to.

I thought you were joking, but I couldn't be sure. After all, you once made a very long post in reply to one of mine about watching TV instead of reading books. I never replied. I thought that if you really believed my post, it wasn't worth my time to clarify my post to you.

Max Sr. was a great boxer. I don't know if he was a great man or not. I know from the books that I've read that he is not the animal they portray him to be in "Cinderella Man."
June 17th, 2005 03:54 PM
gypsy
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

HaHAHAaHA!!!

You're such a disgusting neanderthal, that it doesn't surprise me in the least that you would find that photo comical.
Shouldn't you be out having sex with some fat lonely mentally-challenged woman?
June 17th, 2005 03:55 PM
jb Ron Howard and Mel Gibson must be friends..............
June 17th, 2005 03:57 PM
FPM C10
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I thought you were joking, but I couldn't be sure. After all, you once made a very long post in reply to one of mine about watching TV instead of reading books. I never replied. I thought that if you really believed my post, it wasn't worth my time to clarify my post to you.

Sorry! I really WASN'T sure about that one. After all, that's the REAL reaction we get from a lot of people about our no-TV thing.

One I'm also sorry about is the thread about Mick's stupid sweater. I just got around to watching Napoleon Dynamite last weekend and when that line ("How could anyone possibly know that?") came up I went "D'OH!!!"

Man, I loved that movie!
June 17th, 2005 04:06 PM
Joey

A National OUTRAGE !!!!!

Why ?!?! .... WHY ?!?!

" Wisconsin May Ban Morning-After Pill "

" The Wisconsin Assembly approved a ban on the so-called morning-after pill on state college campuses, a restriction that would be the first in the nation if approved.

The vote in the lower chamber late Thursday sends the bill to the state Senate; both are controlled by Republicans. Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle said he will veto the measure if it reaches his desk.

The legislation would prohibit University of Wisconsin System health centers from advertising, prescribing or dispensing emergency contraception — drugs that can block a pregnancy in the days after sex. The state university system has 161,000 students on 26 campuses.

Republican Rep. Daniel LeMahieu introduced the bill after a health clinic serving UW-Madison students published ads in campus newspapers inviting students to call for prescriptions for the drug to use on spring break.

"Are we going to change the lifestyle of every UW student? No," LeMahieu said. "But we can tell the university that you are not going to condone it, you are not going to participate in it, and you are not going to use our tax dollars to do it."

Democrats said the bill would deny rape victims a chance to stop pregnancies and predicted it would lead to more unwanted pregnancies and surgical abortions.

Democratic Rep. Marlin Schneider called the measure "a direct frontal assault on the right to privacy, on the right of free speech, on the right of a free press."

"Apparently some in this body want to take us back to the time when the dispensing of contraception was a criminal act," Schneider said.

The morning-after pill, a heavy dosage of hormonal birth control, can work to prevent a pregnancy up to five days after unprotected sex by preventing ovulation or fertilization. UW students can get the drug at discount rates from campus pharmacies funded by student fees.

The drug, which requires a prescription, was approved as a contraceptive in 1998 by the Food and Drug Administration.

LeMahieu said the bill would not affect traditional birth control pills. Attorney General Peg Lautenschlager said the bill was worded too vaguely to know for sure.

The Assembly vote made Wisconsin the first state to seriously consider banning emergency contraception on college campuses, said Elizabeth Nash, who tracks state legislation at the Alan Guttmacher Institute, a think tank that supports abortion rights. Bills in Virginia have died in the past two years. "

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050617/ap_on_he_me/contraception_ban;_ylt=Aoa3gkVzSydnRKjecbKnLYBI2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl
June 17th, 2005 04:12 PM
gypsy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Sorry! I really WASN'T sure about that one. After all, that's the REAL reaction we get from a lot of people about our no-TV thing.

One I'm also sorry about is the thread about Mick's stupid sweater. I just got around to watching Napoleon Dynamite last weekend and when that line ("How could anyone possibly know that?") came up I went "D'OH!!!"

Man, I loved that movie!

Apology accepted. I knew you were smarter than that.
I was certain you had already seen Napoleon Dynamite.
Great movie, isn't it? I HAD to buy the DVD.

"Your mom goes to college."
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)