ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick Jagger in Perú, 1982
Archives: Tomás D'Ornellas, Photo by René Pinedo
From Cucho Peñaloza's book "Los Rolling Stones en Perú"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Ronnie Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
7th June 2004 09:18 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm sorry my darling Gypsy.

It's just that life happens sometimes. When it does, our little slice of cyberspace kinda gets lost in the shuffle.

I miss you too.
7th June 2004 09:38 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
How come when Bill gets his noodle wet he's some kind of monster, but when Ike and JFK did it, it's a wink wink thing?

When Clinton lied, no one got killed.

When Reagan and the 2 Bush boys lied....people died. Lots and lots of people.

I guess I'll take these one at a time SS.

First of all Clinton did much more than just get his noodle wet. There's more than enough evidence to suggest that he is,at the very least a sexual predator,and at the worst a rapist. However,it's a safe bet that JFK,nor Ike,ever defiled the actual Oval office by inserting cigars into young interns' vaginas. I guess many libs think that this is just a case of overblown conservative rhetoric. Well,to that I say simply. I expect the President of the United States of America to not be a pervert and to show a deferential respect for the office that he holds. I find it disgusting that he would use his power and charisma to literally charm the pants off a 21 year old that he obviously had some control over. It is sick to think that this was just another case of president fooling around on his wife. Clinton's sexual history betrays him.

When Clinton lied nobody died?!?!?!? Your kidding right SS?! Clinton choose to ignore the growing threat of Islamic terrorism that brought us 9/11/01! Who was in office for the first attack on the WTC? Who was in office for the Bali bombing? Or the bombing in Kenya? Tanzania? Somalia? Who was in office when the 19 Islamic terrorists were in flight school in Florida? How many people did Clinton have a personal claim to have liberated?

As for Bush and Reagan. Hey,the facts are simple. Reagan spurred the desolution of the USSR. He is considered a hero amoungst millions of people in Eastern Europe. Go to Romania and ask them what they think about Reagan. You might try asking a group of Chechs. Or the people of the Baltic states. Reagan is held in very high regard over there. They know what he did for them. He helped liberate them and they have not forgotten that. Clinton would kill for Ronald Wilson Reagan's legacy!

To date Bush Jr. has liberated exactly 50,000,000 more people than Clinton did during his eight years in office. History will judge whether Bush's stand on Iraq was correct or not,but it's worth noting that the same folks who are slamming Bush as being a cowboy are the same one's who said the exact same thing about Reagan. So far history has shown us that Reagan was absolutly correct in standing up to the Soviets. Only history will tell if Bush was right as well.

When Reagan and the Bushs acted people were liberated. Lots,and lots of people.

Riffhard
7th June 2004 09:49 PM
Bloozehound very well said riffhard

7th June 2004 10:15 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
How come when Bill gets his noodle wet he's some kind of monster, but when Ike and JFK did it, it's a wink wink thing?

When Clinton lied, no one got killed.

When Reagan and the 2 Bush boys lied....people died. Lots and lots of people.

You're quite the media pawn......
8th June 2004 01:07 AM
The_Worst
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I guess I'll take these one at a time SS.

First of all Clinton did much more than just get his noodle wet. There's more than enough evidence to suggest that he is,at the very least a sexual predator,and at the worst a rapist. However,it's a safe bet that JFK,nor Ike,ever defiled the actual Oval office by inserting cigars into young interns' vaginas. I guess many libs think that this is just a case of overblown conservative rhetoric. Well,to that I say simply. I expect the President of the United States of America to not be a pervert and to show a deferential respect for the office that he holds. I find it disgusting that he would use his power and charisma to literally charm the pants off a 21 year old that he obviously had some control over. It is sick to think that this was just another case of president fooling around on his wife. Clinton's sexual history betrays him.

When Clinton lied nobody died?!?!?!? Your kidding right SS?! Clinton choose to ignore the growing threat of Islamic terrorism that brought us 9/11/01! Who was in office for the first attack on the WTC? Who was in office for the Bali bombing? Or the bombing in Kenya? Tanzania? Somalia? Who was in office when the 19 Islamic terrorists were in flight school in Florida? How many people did Clinton have a personal claim to have liberated?

As for Bush and Reagan. Hey,the facts are simple. Reagan spurred the desolution of the USSR. He is considered a hero amoungst millions of people in Eastern Europe. Go to Romania and ask them what they think about Reagan. You might try asking a group of Chechs. Or the people of the Baltic states. Reagan is held in very high regard over there. They know what he did for them. He helped liberate them and they have not forgotten that. Clinton would kill for Ronald Wilson Reagan's legacy!

To date Bush Jr. has liberated exactly 50,000,000 more people than Clinton did during his eight years in office. History will judge whether Bush's stand on Iraq was correct or not,but it's worth noting that the same folks who are slamming Bush as being a cowboy are the same one's who said the exact same thing about Reagan. So far history has shown us that Reagan was absolutly correct in standing up to the Soviets. Only history will tell if Bush was right as well.

When Reagan and the Bushs acted people were liberated. Lots,and lots of people.

Riffhard

Riffhard, you are 100% correct!!!
[Edited by The_Worst]
8th June 2004 09:55 AM
Joey

Did you all see Patti Davis at the ceremony yesterday ?!?!?!

Man , she is STILL a Hot Piece of Ass at age fifty two !

That REMAINS Ronald Reagan's greatest lifetime achievement !

Word !

Burcee !
8th June 2004 10:37 AM
Sir Stonesalot Gypsy....

You have now seen reason #2 as to why I don't hang around here much anymore.

Riffhard's post is so wildly retarded that I'm not even going to bother with a reply.

I don't associate with people who believe such things in my personal life....no reason for me to do that in cyberlife either.

Don't expect to see much of me around until and if there is a new record and tour to talk about.
8th June 2004 10:44 AM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Gypsy....

Riffhard's post is so wildly retarded that I'm not even going to bother with a reply.

I don't associate with people who believe such things in my personal life....no reason for me to do that in cyberlife either.

Don't expect to see much of me around until and if there is a new record and tour to talk about.

8th June 2004 10:46 AM
Riffhard Wildly retarded?! What the hell is that about Marc?! I simply laid out the facts that are on public record. If you choose to ignore those facts fine,but it seems to me that you have swung wildly at my post and have offered no facts to back yours up.

There was a time not to long ago that we both were smoking a joint together in front of the blimp. Where's the love? I have no problem with your different veiws on politics,but don't expect me to sit idly by while a man that I greatly admire gets trashed less than 48 hours after his death.

Riffhard
8th June 2004 10:48 AM
jb The Blimp...oh the good ole days!!!
8th June 2004 10:55 AM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Gypsy....

You can always post over at Keno's Board .............Wait !!!!!!! ...... Scratch That !!!!!

Developing ................................................

Jercee !
8th June 2004 11:28 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

You can always post over at Keno's Board .............Wait !!!!!!! ...... Scratch That !!!!!

Developing ................................................

Jercee !

Hey - what happened to the food thread there? I had Greek caviar spread last night and am currently totally bloated! Salty...

I'd eat some fried dough and lard, but I'm afraid it may make me too serious.!!!!!

8th June 2004 11:38 AM
Joey
Are your ankles all " Puffed Up " ?!?!?!?!

Developing ....................................

" He's debating whether or not to hit 9K today Ronnie ! "

Puffy !

[ Edited by Kid Joe Boy ! ]
[Edited by Joey]
8th June 2004 11:46 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Hey - what happened to the food thread there? I had Greek caviar spread last night and am currently totally bloated! Salty...

I'd eat some fried dough and lard, but I'm afraid it may make me too serious.!!!!!

8th June 2004 11:54 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

Are your ankles all " Puffed Up " ?!?!?!?!

No - but my ass is looking a bit more like JLo's.

Joey - you are so close to the 9000 mark. Don't let Josh make you feel less a man....

Steelie's a great guy and all - but his boundries are a bit slippery.

8th June 2004 11:56 AM
Joey " Steelie's a great guy and all - but his boundries are a bit slippery. "

Please Enlighten !!!!

Yerskee !
8th June 2004 11:57 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

8th June 2004 11:58 AM
Joey

8th June 2004 11:58 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Steelie's a great guy and all - but his boundries are a bit slippery. "

Please Enlighten !!!!

Yerskee !

8th June 2004 12:00 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

8th June 2004 12:01 PM
Joey

8th June 2004 06:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yes, wildly retarded.

>There's more than enough evidence to suggest that he is,at the very least a sexual predator,and at the worst a rapist.<

>I find it disgusting that he would use his power and charisma to literally charm the pants off a 21 year old that he obviously had some control over.<

So the fact that Monica set out for Washington DC with the express purpose of getting in the President's pants(her words, expressed in many interviews) means that he is a rapist? If anything Monica was the preditor in that situation. She seduced him. I know that doesn't fit in with your propaganda, but that comes straight from Monica's mouth. Pun definately intended.

And I guess you believe Paula Jones' fairy tale too? You know why I don't believe her? Two words...booking fees. Or maybe, nose job. How about...gold digger.

Bill Clinton is certainly not blameless...I consider infidelity to be quite distasteful. And he was kinda stupid to get himself into those particular situations. But "sexual preditor" and "rapist"...wildly retarded.

>However,it's a safe bet that JFK,nor Ike,ever defiled the actual Oval office by inserting cigars into young interns' vaginas. <

So you don't think Ike or JFK ever got some strange in the Oval Office? Oh nigga please. You know that to be a "fact"? No you don't, so don't even try to pass it off as one. I will give you this though...JFK and Ike liked a good cigar way too much to stick it up some tramp's twat.

>When Clinton lied nobody died?!?!?!? Your kidding right SS?! Clinton choose to ignore the growing threat of Islamic terrorism that brought us 9/11/01!<

Another wildly retarded statement. Where was the lie? Failing to take action on iffy intel is now a lie? I think you better look up the word "lie" in the dictionary. Bill said that he didn't see enough hard intel to take action. I believe him. Did he know something was going on?...yeah probably, just like we know something is going on now. The thing is, we don't know what or where or when....and it was the same case back then. Clinton simply did not have enough evidence to act on. So I'll ask again...where was the lie? And just exactly what was he supposed to do with this iffy intel? How was he supposed to act on something that he didn't have any hard evidence of? Nice try Riffie, but the FACTs are that Bush Jr was briefed on Al-Queda activity, and that it was going to be a strike in the US, MONTHS before it happened. So if Clinton is guilty of inaction, so is Bush Jr.

"I believe the brief was titled "Bin Laden and Al-Queda poised to strike in the US."-Condoleza Rice before the 9/11 Committee.

>Go to Romania and ask them what they think about Reagan. You might try asking a group of Chechs. Or the people of the Baltic states. Reagan is held in very high regard over there. They know what he did for them.<

Go to El Salvador, Nicaragua, and Guatemala and ask them what THEY think of Reagan and Bush the Elder. How many thousands died there as the result of our "covert operations", and illegal arms sales? Those people know what Ronnie and George did for them.

I also think that you are not giving the Poles and Czechs and Russians and the rest enough credit. Reagan did not tear down the wall by himself. Reagan was a helpful distraction...the real reason the Soviet Union fell was because of the PEOPLE who rose up. Reagans handlers were smart enough to have him take the credit for it.

>When Reagan and the Bushs acted people were liberated. Lots,and lots of people.<

You say "liberated", I say invaded and wrongly occupied. And lots and lots of people are dead because of it. Both native and American. Is Saddam being ousted a good thing? Sure, no one is gonna argue that. But is getting rid of him worth the costs, both in blood and in dollars? Fuck no! It was worth it when Bush the Elder took him on in the 90's. Saddam invaded a foriegn land, big fuckin' no-no. We should have taken him out then and there. We had the entire world behind us then...even most of the Isalmic nations! But George Sr. muffed the punt on that one BIG TIME. And now Georgie Jr. has to try to make things right for Daddy. Fuck THAT noise...it's about 12 years too late for that shit. We all know that the real reason for Iraq is revenge and job security. And that STINKS.

Now WE are the one's invading a foriegn land. Big fuckin' no-no. It's no small fuckin' wonder why the rest of the world hates us.

And you know what, we still don't have Bin Laden. We still haven't stopped Al-Queda. We've been in Iraq for over a year, and we are no closer to having that situation resolved than when we went in. We are STILL being slowly crushed by the huge deficits rung up by Reagan and the 2 Bush Boyz. North Korea still has the bomb. Israelis and Palestinians are still slaughtering each other. Iran has it's reactor back. It costs me $25.00 to fill my gas tank(when I first got the car I could fill the tank for $11.00). And there is no end in sight for any of it.

8th June 2004 08:17 PM
Taptrick
QUOTE:
So the fact that Monica set out for Washington DC with the express purpose of getting in the President's pants(her words, expressed in many interviews) means that he is a rapist? If anything Monica was the preditor in that situation. She seduced him. I know that doesn't fit in with your propaganda, but that comes straight from Monica's mouth. Pun definately intended.

And I guess you believe Paula Jones' fairy tale too? You know why I don't believe her? Two words...booking fees. Or maybe, nose job. How about...gold digger.

Bill Clinton is certainly not blameless...I consider infidelity to be quite distasteful. And he was kinda stupid to get himself into those particular situations. But "sexual preditor" and "rapist"...wildly retarded.
Gotta diasagree with this. As someone that teaches sex offender education to incarcerated military members I can safely say two things as fact: (1)every single military member Clinton was in charge of was subject to prosecution for doing the same thing under multiple violations of the UCMJ. Not all are prosecuted - some are. I've had seen guys put away for doing less and I've seen guys put away for doing more. (2) Regardless of how I viewed the situation, if I had screened him as a prisoner (for a crime other have been convicted of in similar situations), I would have recommended sex offender education because the act took place in the workplace under an extreme power differential. Consent can not be given when there is a power differential. And he had about as large and wide a power differential as you could get with Monica. Thats my feeling.

But - SSAL: album and tour may not be to far away. So you'll just disagree with others for a while (but don't forget others will agree with you too)...and then tour - album - Stones - harmony in the universe again.
8th June 2004 08:17 PM
Taptrick QUOTE:

Gotta diasagree with this. As someone that teaches sex offender education to incarcerated military members I can safely say two things as fact: (1)every single military member Clinton was in charge of was subject to prosecution for doing the same thing under multiple violations of the UCMJ. Not all are prosecuted - some are. I've seen guys put away for doing less and I've seen guys put away for doing more. (2) Regardless of how I viewed the situation, if I had screened him as a prisoner (for a crime others have been convicted of in similar situations), I would have recommended sex offender education because the act took place in the workplace under an extreme power differential. Consent can not be given when there is a power differential. And he had about as large and wide a power differential as you could get with Monica. That's my feeling.

But - SS: album and tour may not be to far away. So you'll just disagree with others for a while (but don't forget others will agree with you too)...and then tour - album - Stones - harmony in the universe again.
[Edited by Taptrick]
[Edited by Taptrick]
8th June 2004 08:39 PM
Riffhard SS here's the deal.

Clinton signed the Iraq Liberation Act in 1998. The Act states plainly that the role of the US goverment was to take Saddam out of power. If force was deemed nessesary so be it. After 9/11/01 all bets were off. The David Kay report states emphatically that US spy sattelites had photos of "long convoys of trucks and trailers heading towards Syria" in the three months prior to the initial ground assault. Syria is the home of the only other Batthists regieme in the Mid East. Three weeks ago the Kingdom of Jordan busted an Al Queda plot to blow up the American embassy in Jordan with a biological warhead that would have killed an estimated 80,000 people! That's right eighty thousand people! Where did the weapon come from? According to the Jordanian military authorities it came straight from Syria! They even went so far as to say that it had the looks of "Iraqi markings" all over it! So why did the media just blow over this story?!?!?

Bush did exactly what the entire world wanted him to do. He went to the UN and they dragged their feet for fourteen months! We now know that the Oil for Food Program was a complete and utter sham to the tune of 10.1 billion dollars. The three countries that benefitted the most from this scam,just coincidently enough,were the same three that stated that they would never sign off on an attack against Iraq! Why is that?

As for Clinton's sexual escapades,believe what you want. There are at least four other women besides Paula Jones who have claimed that he either raped,groped,or otherwise sexually harrassed them. A retired Arkansas state trooper went on record to say that Clinton did in fact rape a woman while he was governor of Arkansas. I guess all these allegations are just part of the "vast right wing conspiracy" though,right? Whatever man! The guy is a freaking letch who treated the highest office in the world like it were his personal frat house. I have no sympathy or respect for the man,but then again I'm sure he could give a shit about what I think. Just so long as historians get his legacy right. There is "ample" evidence that you could read if you ever choose to do so.

In closing I would only add that I have never shown any disrespect towards you on this board. I have not been treated the same by you with your self rightgeous post slamming me and implying that I post retarded rants. I have no problem with you Marc,but I don't like being ridiculed by someone that I considered to be a friend.

Before you even say it let go on record as saying that,I do in fact,have a thick skin. So don't tell me to grow one. I just don't generally go around flaming my friends. Even if I dissagree with them.

Riffhard

[Edited by Riffhard]
8th June 2004 10:01 PM
Taptrick QUOTE:
Go to El Salvador, Nicaragua, and Guatemala and ask them what THEY think of Reagan and Bush the Elder. How many thousands died there as the result of our "covert operations", and illegal arms sales? Those people know what Ronnie and George did for them.

Like anywhere you will find both opinions. I know people in Nicaragua who had their property and businesses seized and were thrown in jail for 8 years simply because they believed in freedom and the right to own. They hated Daniel Ortega and considered him a murderer. Ironically, he still owns huge chunks of property that he seized from others. That whole political system is up for grabs again currently.
8th June 2004 10:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot >implying that I post retarded rants.<

I implied no such thing. I fucking said it outright. I'd say it to your face too.

>but I don't like being ridiculed by someone that I considered to be a friend.<

Don't take this personal. I would say the same things to anyone who posts the gospel according to the Republican Party....and in fact, have done so many many times.

I was not, and am not, a Bill Clinton fan. At best the clown was a mediocre President. But what I am sick of is that as soon as one critisizes Bush Jr., you Republicans immediately attack Clinton! Instead of defending your guy, you attack the former Pres. It's a stupid and retarded tactic. Clinton has nothing to do with this situation in Iraq. It is a simple case of Bush Jr. has fucked up big time, and instead of pointing the finger at themselves they point it at Clinton. It's fuckin' lame and weak dude.

Oh, and that State Trooper you mentioned...he had retracted that statement...and then decided to retract the retraction. Credibility shot. I don't believe him. Once the Paula Jones thing came out, so did all the other gold digging leeches who smelled a quick buck.

Look, I am an independent. I am a sceptic. I am a cynic. I have voted for Republicans, I have voted for Democrats. My glasses are not tinted by membership in a political party. I form my own opinions. I subscribe to no political dogma.

You do.

Don't forget, I was on your side until it became clear that Bush Jr. lied to us about the reasons for invading Iraq. There are no WMDs, and no connection between Al-Queda and Saddam, like Mr. Bush said that there was. You can make all the excuses and blame whomever you like...it still does not change the fact that we invaded a sovriegn nation based on lies.

I do not like being fed bullshit, and then told that I'm not a good American if I don't believe said bullshit.

When you are wrong, you are wrong...friend or not.
8th June 2004 10:50 PM
gypsy I don't like to debate politics and religion on message boards. It will always lead to trouble.

joey, I'm bloated...took some Milk of Magnesia...and nothing.

irritable

bowel

syndrome
8th June 2004 11:32 PM
corgi37 Means nothing to me. He was a moron. Also, widely hated in the 50's for being a Hollywood snitch during the McCarthy witch hunts.

Nice hair color though!
9th June 2004 07:23 AM
Factory Girl J.Lo is a major skank. P.Diddy is gross. Isn't Marc Anthony (muy muy skanky) already married??? I really don't givr a poop.

Regan wasn't very bright even pre-dementia. Nancy is scary.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6