ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Đ 1965 Pierre Fournier
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How Pissed is Mick? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
26th May 2006 03:34 AM
IanBillen
For the support, Thank you.

As for my opinion. I still stand by it. What about Ronnie? I suppose he is mad at him also? What can he do? Keith is ALWAYS sitting on some ledge, squatting down instead of just sitting, he has always been monkey like. I know he has climbed, or sat in places a zillion times that could of resulted in a fall.

If Mick ever really thought about it (which I am sure he may of passively done at one time or another)...Mick probably realized it may happen, some time. Keith is Keith. that he could fall down and go boom.

The dude was just being his usual self. Waisted, and being somewhere aloof or on some pirch. It was an accident. Mick went up on some scafolding in Buffalo in 81 that they warned him not to do because the winds were up and he could get blown off.

Now if Mick fell. That would give someone a cause to be kinda ticked after it was all said and done since he was specifically warned about that very situation that night that he purposely chose to challenge.

This is different. Keith was a little irresponsible. Fuck, it is Keith Richards. This is nothing new. To us or Mick.

I doubt Mick is pissed. Maybe slightly irritated at Keith being Keith and this occuring. OK. But out right pissed.

Nawwww. Nothing new here from Keith. It wasn't like Keith burned down the stage while everyone was sleeping. lol

Ian
26th May 2006 03:52 AM
Riffhard
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Keith is ALWAYS sitting on some ledge, squatting down instead of just sitting, he has always been monkey like. I know he has climbed, or sat in places a zillion times that could of resulted in a fall.

Ian

You had me at hello!

Shit fire Ian! You post the strangest fuckin' shit!

Ain't nuthin' wrong with it mind you. It's just fuckin' strange as the day is long is all I'm tryin' to say!

Riffy
26th May 2006 03:54 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

For the support, Thank you.

As for my opinion. I still stand by it. What about Ronnie? I suppose he is mad at him also? What can he do? Keith is ALWAYS sitting on some ledge, squatting down instead of just sitting, he has always been monkey like. I know he has climbed, or sat in places a zillion times that could of resulted in a fall.

If Mick ever really thought about it (which I am sure he may of passively done at one time or another)...Mick probably realized it may happen, some time. Keith is Keith. that he could fall down and go boom.

The dude was just being his usual self. Waisted, and being somewhere aloof or on some pirch. It was an accident. Mick went up on some scafolding in Buffalo in 81 that they warned him not to do because the winds were up and he could get blown off.

Now if Mick fell. That would give someone a cause to be kinda ticked after it was all said and done since he was specifically warned about that very situation that night that he purposely chose to challenge.

This is different. Keith was a little irresponsible. Fuck, it is Keith Richards. This is nothing new. To us or Mick.

I doubt Mick is pissed. Maybe slightly irritated at Keith being Keith and this occuring. OK. But out right pissed.

Nawwww. Nothing new here from Keith. It wasn't like Keith burned down the stage while everyone was sleeping. lol

Ian

Are you on dope?
26th May 2006 04:27 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

An excerpt of the NME review of DW:
"At least half of this album is their most honest, passionate and un-self-conscious music since... well, since Exile..." CHARLES SHAAR MURRAY, 8/10 rating.

Of course, each new album since TY got the same review but the excitement slowed down on the next months (see SW, VL, B2B, ABB and the next one if we get one...)

Exactly, reviews don't say that much. Remember the 5 star review in Rolling Stone of Goddes in the Doorway an album even worse than Dirty Work. I predict ABB will survive as a solid (not brilliant) piece of work. So Listen To The Fortune-teller.
26th May 2006 06:26 AM
IanBillen A Bigger Bang well and beyond surpassed almost everyones expectation here. Come on now. We remember all the chiming before we heard about the albums content...."Stones song writing days are well over"...."Don't ever expect another great, or even so much as good Stones album"...."their days are long gone"...."just look at the singles from Forty Licks and what does that tell you"....

Well Bull. A Bigger Bang truly surprised, and even in some cases almost shocked most all nay-sayers. It is good enough to do all that.

The Album is completely solid. Not one really weak song, or even spot. It rocks, is un-apologetic,
and is basic. A direct, hard hitting, higher powered Stones album that didn't stray far from home base.

The album is as sweet pie. You can't ask for anything eles, or more. Anyone who is never is satisfied no matter what anyway.

ABB is rock solid and doesn't, for one moment, try and be something it isn't. Jaggers vocals are amazing.

You all wanted an album that was basic, and non-sense.

Well they delivered! On the mark baby and sounding completely in form. And the songs are really good as well. Anyone who has heard it I personally spoke to that doubted The Rolling Stones recording ability this day and age is truly surprised at how really good it is when they hear it.

It will be looked at as: an under-exposed latter day marvel.

That is the best way I can describe A Bigger Bang....an under-exposed latter day marvel from The Rolling Stones.

Mr. Billen
[Edited by IanBillen]
26th May 2006 08:19 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
A Bigger Bang well and beyond surpassed almost everyones expectation here. Come on now. We remember all the chiming before we heard about the albums content...."Stones song writing days are well over"...."Don't ever expect another great, or even so much as good Stones album"...."their days are long gone"...."just look at the singles from Forty Licks and what does that tell you"....

Well Bull. A Bigger Bang truly surprised, and even in some cases almost shocked most all nay-sayers. It is good enough to do all that.

The Album is completely solid. Not one really weak song, or even spot. It rocks, is un-apologetic,
and is basic. A direct, hard hitting, higher powered Stones album that didn't stray far from home base.

The album is as sweet pie. You can't ask for anything eles, or more. Anyone who is never is satisfied no matter what anyway.

ABB is rock solid and doesn't, for one moment, try and be something it isn't. Jaggers vocals are amazing.

Well they delivered! On the mark baby and sounding completely in form. And the songs are really good as well. Anyone who has heard it I personally spoke to that doubted The Rolling Stones recording ability this day and age is truly surprised at how really good it is when they hear it.

That is the best way I can describe A Bigger Bang....an under-exposed latter day marvel from The Rolling Stones.

Mr. Billen
[Edited by IanBillen]

SWING ON,IAN,YOU ARE POSTING MOST WELL,IF I MAY SAY SO!
26th May 2006 09:32 AM
Bruno I canīt understand the complainings about a record that has Let Me Down Real Slow, Back Of My Hand, LIND or Dangerous Beauty.
26th May 2006 10:29 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Bruno wrote:
I canīt understand the complainings about a record that has Let Me Down Real Slow, Back Of My Hand, LIND or Dangerous Beauty.

I'm not even trying to understand the complaints anymore. Some people are just gonna bitch-- while watching [cough] American Idol!
26th May 2006 10:32 AM
pdog
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

I'm not even trying to understand the complaints anymore. Some people are just gonna bitch-- while watching [cough] American Idol!

Both blow! I like about 6 songs on ABB. And none of those songs jel well together... Which I'm finding odd, b/c in the past Stones records with different genres of music did transition well, proff again the threw this together, or jagger did mostly, only to have a new record for a tour.
26th May 2006 11:33 AM
Zulu Fun Mix Is the Ian Billen character for real or is it someone playing a role?
26th May 2006 11:40 AM
pdog
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:
Is the Ian Billen character for real or is it someone playing a role?

He's really that retarded!
26th May 2006 11:50 AM
glencar Ian's a goof but I like him anyway. And he's (for once) spot on. ABB is awesome work. It wildly surpasses VL. It's as good as anything since Some Girls & better than much of it. I even like Sweet Neocon.
26th May 2006 11:50 AM
glencar And Pdoggy, let's not make fun of the retarded.
26th May 2006 11:55 AM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
And Pdoggy, let's not make fun of the retarded.

I've been told you can make fun of any group you belong too. I got Irish, German, Jews and Catholics, and of course the mentally challenged!
26th May 2006 12:12 PM
glencar It's true! I make fun of the Jews all the time since my best friends are jews!
26th May 2006 01:39 PM
pdog Hanig jewish friends is always good, everyone needs lawyers and doctors nearby all the time. You're a very wise man.
26th May 2006 01:44 PM
Joey " THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE;MARCH 24,1986..THE SHOT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD.. "

Man looks into the abyss and sees the " Dirty Work " album staring back at him .. It is at THIS point that man finds his character and THAT is what keeps man out of the abyss .

JACKY !
26th May 2006 02:17 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:
" THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE;MARCH 24,1986..THE SHOT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD.. "

Man looks into the abyss and sees the " Dirty Work " album staring back at him .. It is at THIS point that man finds his character and THAT is what keeps man out of the abyss .

JACKY !

PLAY IT LOUD JOEY CAKES!AND PUT ON THE OUTAKES AFTER
26th May 2006 02:28 PM
glencar The outtakes will only make him cry for what might have been.
26th May 2006 02:47 PM
polytoxic Strictly Memphis would've been a great single!
26th May 2006 04:09 PM
Joey " PLAY IT LOUD JOEY CAKES!AND PUT ON THE OUTAKES AFTER"

26th May 2006 05:31 PM
pdog Joey, you will be deleted!
27th May 2006 09:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot I like Dirty Work. The guitars slash like the machete in the Amazon Jungle. There is fire and anger in there. The drums sound like shit...but pretty much every album released in the same period suffers from that. I forgive it.

>MARCH 24,1986<

On March 24 2006, I carefully opened my never before played mint copy of Dirty Work. I lovingly placed it on my turntable, gently turned the volume knob of the stereo to 11, and ever so delicately lowered the tone arm.

Rock and roll exploded from my speakers. Yes my friends, warts and all...it was rock n roll. And it was good.

A Bigger Bang, on the other hand, is quite simply not a rock n roll album. It is adult contemporary pop music. I suppose, if you like adult contemporary pop music, A Bigger Bang would be a good album. I'm just not into that kind of thing. Not enough adrenaline for me. I still get that kick from the Stones live show...but not from ABB.

And of course Sir Michael is pissed. This latest Keefscapade hit him in the wallet...not a good place to hit Jagger. But I don't see him being so pissed that he would kill the rest of the tour. He wants to recoup the losses.

But between this and Charlie claiming that he doesn't want to do any more long world tours...I'd say this is the last big tour for sure. I don't think they are done playing live...just no more big long gigantic tours.
27th May 2006 09:12 PM
lotsajizz Dirty Work kicks ass
28th May 2006 12:39 AM
glencar DW & ABB kick ass.
28th May 2006 01:01 AM
Bloozehound ABB is for men who like to hide in closets and post shit on msg boards from their closets like, "wow I'm in a closet and i think ABB is the shit. By the way did you see Micks hair, it wathh thooo fabulous, made me jacth ofth in my closet"
28th May 2006 07:22 PM
IanBillen
Well....

I can tell you this. If you are not even some what impressed with A Bigger Bang you might as well forget about any Rolling Stones album in the future.

Also, more to my point, if you are this critical or picky as to think A Bigger Bang is that much of a sub-par album I would sincerely be surprised that you think anything of any real quality is released in this day and age.

If you do I'd like to hear what you think is actually any good within recent times....

Again. Call me crazy, however, my guess is that the few folks that lable A Bigger Bang as being totally insufficient and sub-par are always going to be the complainers regardless of what The Stones do anymore.

You all wanted it. They gave it to you. And you still whine.

-Give us, and yourself a break-

Sincerely,

Ian

28th May 2006 07:34 PM
telecaster
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I like Dirty Work. The guitars slash like the machete in the Amazon Jungle. There is fire and anger in there. The drums sound like shit...but pretty much every album released in the same period suffers from that. I forgive it.

>MARCH 24,1986<

And of course Sir Michael is pissed. This latest Keefscapade hit him in the wallet...not a good place to hit Jagger. But I don't see him being so pissed that he would kill the rest of the tour. He wants to recoup the losses.

Losses? That is really funnny

Insurance picked up the entire tab

Payable to Michael Cohl. Stones are GUARANTEED the money

Cohl buys the insurance

Wake up people

28th May 2006 07:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
A Bigger Bang well and beyond surpassed almost everyones expectation here. Come on now. We remember all the chiming before we heard about the albums content...."Stones song writing days are well over"...."Don't ever expect another great, or even so much as good Stones album"...."their days are long gone"...."just look at the singles from Forty Licks and what does that tell you"....

Mr. Billen

aside from the 'not really one weak song' bit (there are two or three absolute clunkers on it and a similar number that are so-so), you are correct
[Edited by Gazza]
28th May 2006 08:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
A Bigger Bang, on the other hand, is quite simply not a rock n roll album. It is adult contemporary pop music.

in my eyes, there is no such thing. I hate the way music has to get pigeonholed into ludicrous and artificial subgenres that no one seems able to define adequately, and then judged as to its quality based on that criteria more than anything else.

There are only two types of music - good and bad.

ABB falls into the former - quite comfortably

I dont care if DW has a rock n roll 'attitude'. It simply has too high a percentage of songs that are, by Rolling Stones standards, subpar or in some cases, shit. Thats all that counts. They could record an album of Peruvian nose-flute songs for all I care as long as it was a good one. Labels and genres dont mean a damn thing to me. Quality does.

There are some moments of magnificence, most notably Page's guitar on 'One Hit' and the superb 'Sleep tonight', but those are outweighed by utter dross like 'Hold Back' and 'Winning ugly'. Both of which (and 'Back to zero' for that matter) are worse than anything on ABB or pretty much anything the Stones have recorded since.

Plus the production is horrible. I know Charlie broke his leg during the sessions, but Lillywhite actually makes him sound like he's broken both of his arms as well. For some reason, the sound on the outtakes is far better. Mick's barking and growling singing style on much of the album are amongst his worst ever. The 80's were the nadir of his career as a vocalist.

If the Stones released DW in 2005 after an 8 year gap, many of the people praising it now would be burning effigies of the band in disgust.

[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)