ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Pierre Fournier
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How Pissed is Mick? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
28th May 2006 10:46 PM
IanBillen Sir Stones Alot Writes:

"A Bigger Bang, on the other hand, is quite simply not a rock n roll album. It is adult contemporary pop music."

Not really Sir Stones Alot. Certainly The better of A Bigger Bang is nothing but basic Rock and Roll. Your labeling A Bigger Bang as not being a rock n roll album and instead being "adult contemporary pop" shows me, and many, that you may need your ears cleaned or your head examined.

There are just a select few that have a different take than normal Rolling Stones. Probably the only two songs that are considerable are. Streets of Love, the other is Sweet Neocon. Then maybe Infamy. three songs tops. All other tunes on that entire album are either 100% typical Rolling Stones Rock N Roll or Rolling Stones style music that we have all been familiar with for decades.

Post all you like about my comments on the cover of Tattoo You. Still you post just as, if not more rediculous. Your latest writings about A Bigger Bang being adult contemporary pop and nothing rock n roll sounding confirm this.

Oh No Not You Again, Rough Justice, It Won't Take Long, Look What the Cat Dragged in, She Saw Me Coming, Driving too Fast, Dangerous Beauty....

Not Rock n Roll?...Adult Contemporary pop?

Anyone who has heard this album realizes that A Bigger Bang is purposely designed to be for the most part straight ahead rock. Nothing real extravagant, or too different. This is very obvious. Why you see it different than most everyone eles is hard for me to understand.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
28th May 2006 11:13 PM
PeerQueer [quote]IanBillen wrote:
Sir Stones Alot Writes:

"A Bigger Bang, on the other hand, is quite simply not a rock n roll album. It is adult contemporary pop music."

Not really Sir Stones Alot. Certainly The better of A Bigger Bang is nothing but basic Rock and Roll. Your labeling A Bigger Bang as not being a rock n roll album and instead being "adult contemporary pop" shows me, and many, that you may need your ears cleaned or your head examined.

There are just a select few that have a different take than normal Rolling Stones. Probably the only two songs that are considerable are. Streets of Love, the other is Sweet Neocon. Then maybe Infamy. three songs tops. All other tunes on that entire album are either 100% typical Rolling Stones Rock N Roll or Rolling Stones style music that we have all been familiar with for decades.

Post all you like about my comments on the cover of Tattoo You. Still you post just as, if not more rediculous. Your latest writings about A Bigger Bang being adult contemporary pop and nothing rock n roll sounding confirm this.

Oh No Not You Again, Rough Justice, It Won't Take Long, Look What the Cat Dragged in, She Saw Me Coming, Driving too Fast, Dangerous Beauty....

Not Rock n Roll?...Adult Contemporary pop?

Anyone who has heard this album realizes that A Bigger Bang is purposely designed to be for the most part straight ahead rock. Nothing real extravagant, or too different. This is very obvious. Why you see it different than most everyone eles is hard for me to understand.

________-

Well said - and Infamy is a great track. Dangerous Beauty continues to grow on me, and if they had a better record label, Oh No Not You Again and Rough Justice would have been bigger hits...

This was among the most solid albums of the year, and arguably the best for the Stones in the last 20 years.

Is it 1981 all over again? Hell no, the Stones were considered by many over the hill then - 20 years past and they don't even know what to call them anymore.

I call them the Stones - - my favorite band of all time.
28th May 2006 11:16 PM
glencar Good post PQ except even with a solid record company behind them, the Stones are bound to remain hitless. Maybe like Bon Jovi, they can try for a #1 hit on the country charts but the Hot 100 is beyond them now.
29th May 2006 12:01 AM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves Another good song from the ABB w/extras-We Don't Wanna Go Home.
29th May 2006 03:35 AM
F505 A Bigger Bang rocks, Sir Stonesalot sucks!
29th May 2006 12:30 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
glencar wrote:
Good post PQ except even with a solid record company behind them, the Stones are bound to remain hitless. Maybe like Bon Jovi, they can try for a #1 hit on the country charts but the Hot 100 is beyond them now.

The country charts are getting as goofy as the pop charts - in fact the damn music is sounding very much the same.

You're right though - the Stones just don't fit with the modern music machine...they have an "outdated" rock sound and are 60-plus years old. This is uncharted waters and corporate music, the media, and the public can't quite figure out what to make of it all - though that's been the case since Steel Wheels really...
29th May 2006 12:31 PM
speedfreakjive they should have released 'It Won't Take Long' as a single IMHO
29th May 2006 12:58 PM
Soldatti
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
they have an "outdated" rock sound and are 60-plus years old.

That's the main problem.
29th May 2006 01:45 PM
MrPleasant How deep is my love???
29th May 2006 10:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot I suck because I don't like the same things as you?

Whatever. Fuck you.

ABB does NOT fit what Rock n Roll is TO ME. If it's rock n roll to YOU...well that's cool too.

There is NOTHING on ABB that reminds me of ANYTHING that made me fall in love with The Rolling Stones music. I simply do not hear it. And I have tried to hear it. Repeatedly. But I can't hear what ain't there. Period.

Gazza, I understaned where you are coming from with your subgenre thing. But I honestly do not hear any difference between ABB and, well, Dave Matthews...or even...GASP! that new Bon Jovi album. It's the same kind of thing. And I don't like it. ABB gets all it's airplay(at least in my area of the world)on those shitty soft rock stations that you hear in supermarkets and department stores. And the worst thing is...it FITS IN!!! If you don't see the problem with that...well, I'm happy for you. I wish I could be that oblivious.

>If you are not even some what impressed with A Bigger Bang you might as well forget about any Rolling Stones album in the future.<

I know. And that makes me more sad than you can possibly know. It breaks my heart.

So go ahead and snipe at me. I don't give a fuck. I'm no sycophant. I know what I like...and ABB is simply NOT what I like. And if you have a problem dealing with that...eat fuck and piss off.
29th May 2006 10:17 PM
MrPleasant I like some of the stuff that the Bee Gees did (I.O.I.O., or the New York Gay Dildo Disaster of 1967). Does that make me dubious?

Two Thousand And Five. Two Thousand And Five. How does that coincide with your post-Bridges Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into Keith's precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Goddess Commie works. Hence A Bigger Bang.
29th May 2006 10:42 PM
time is on my side ABB= Stones best album since Tattoo You
29th May 2006 10:49 PM
MrPleasant The best one since Some Girls girls walk into a bar, one orders a shirley temple. Shirley Temple's pimp comes over and says "you won't be sorry"?
30th May 2006 10:21 AM
F505
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
So go ahead and snipe at me. I don't give a fuck. I'm no sycophant. I know what I like...and ABB is simply NOT what I like. And if you have a problem dealing with that...eat fuck and piss off.

You react very pissed for someone who don't give a fuck what other people think of you.
30th May 2006 10:22 AM
F505
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
ABB= Stones best album since Tattoo You

Right!
30th May 2006 11:08 AM
Sir Stonesalot Pfffft!

That wasn't even close to being pissed off. That was more of a slightly annoyed response. I haven't been really angry in almost 3 years....

Still, you didn't see me saying that you or anyone else suck for liking ABB. And what did you do? MmmmmHmmm. I think that deserves an "eat fuck" and a "piss off".

Keep trying. You may end up getting a "twat" or "fuckwit" tossed your way. But you really have to earn those.
30th May 2006 11:12 AM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:

You react very pissed for someone who don't give a **** what other people think of you.

Hello F505.
30th May 2006 11:56 AM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hello F505.

Hello Joey, I heard that Omaha sucked!
30th May 2006 12:23 PM
Twostoned
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
ABB= Stones best album since Tattoo You

Yeah, right.
30th May 2006 12:25 PM
Twostoned
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
There is NOTHING on ABB that reminds me of ANYTHING that made me fall in love with The Rolling Stones music. I simply do not hear it. And I have tried to hear it. Repeatedly. But I can't hear what ain't there. Period.

Yep
30th May 2006 12:33 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Twostoned wrote:

Yeah, right.

It's better than the overrated Voodoo Lounge.
30th May 2006 01:00 PM
Egbert
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
It's better than the overrated Voodoo Lounge.

True dat
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)