ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Pierre Fournier
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How Pissed is Mick? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
25th May 2006 03:01 PM
IanBillen
I kinda doubt Mick is pissed. It was an accident for cryin out loud. People climb those trees all the time trying to go get co-conuts. Someone may argue that is a young, and able mans game. But hell, is Rock n Roll? He does that all the time. I'm sure Mick is just glad Keith is going to be OK.

It isn't like Keith got so screwed up on Vodka he forgot the chords to Satisfaction and fell off stage.

Shit happens is all.

Ian
25th May 2006 03:28 PM
glencar IanBillen, you're as dumb as ever! Of course Mick is pissed! This event cost him millions & it was all due to Keith & Ronnie fooling around unnecessarily.
25th May 2006 03:29 PM
Some Guy I see another Dirty Work in the future
25th May 2006 03:30 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

It isn't like Keith got so screwed up on Vodka he forgot the chords to Satisfaction and fell off stage.

basically thats why he fell out of the tree on his head.
25th May 2006 03:32 PM
glencar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I see another Dirty Work in the future

Main Offender?
25th May 2006 03:39 PM
texile
quote:
marko wrote:
Well,when was the last time keith covered someones ass?
40years ago,and that was once?Its allways others.mostly mick who has to cover other peoples fuck ups,believe me,this isn´t the last one.And nobody gives mick any credit
for what he does.

THANK you.....
that fact is not said enough.
mick puts up with alot of shit -
and carries on without publically bitching....
a true freind to keith.
25th May 2006 03:41 PM
glencar Yes, I've always been impressed with Mick's public rectitude. He's a class act. Keith could learn from him.
25th May 2006 03:48 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I see another Dirty Work in the future

THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE;MARCH 24,1986..THE SHOT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD..
25th May 2006 03:57 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE;MARCH 24,1986..THE SHOT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD..

One Hit remains a great tune!!!!!

Bill Perks speaks the truth!!!!!
25th May 2006 04:38 PM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

One Hit remains a great tune!!!!!

Bill Perks speaks the truth!!!!!

There's more soul in the first ten seconds of One Hit than entire ABB..
25th May 2006 04:41 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:

There's more soul in the first ten seconds of One Hit than entire ABB..

NO DOUBT!!

LOVE THAT INTRO!!!!

GREAT RIFF!! VIOLENT!! EVIL!!! KEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!
25th May 2006 04:51 PM
the good
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

I kinda doubt Mick is pissed. It was an accident for cryin out loud. People climb those trees all the time trying to go get co-conuts. Someone may argue that is a young, and able mans game. But hell, is Rock n Roll? He does that all the time. I'm sure Mick is just glad Keith is going to be OK.

Shit happens is all.

Ian

I think Sir Mick's initial reaction was relief, but I imagine he's pretty annoyed at this point. And I'm pretty sure Keith is feeling like a TOTAL dumbass.
25th May 2006 04:56 PM
steel driving hammer Nobody's pissed, it gives Mick time to catch up on personal things and what not.

Stop thinking for Mick and think for yourself.
25th May 2006 05:02 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

NO DOUBT!!

LOVE THAT INTRO!!!!

GREAT RIFF!! VIOLENT!! EVIL!!! KEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!

Yes! And one of my favorite Stones videos as well - even though it signals the near break-up of the band, those two appeared quite genuine in their loathing for one another and it was quite electric!! I recall watching that and thinking Keith's touch of grey hair looked sooooo cooool!
25th May 2006 05:54 PM
ListenToTheLion I have burried Dirty Work in my garden the day it was released. One of the worst albums in rock 'n roll history.
25th May 2006 06:51 PM
Soldatti
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
I have burried Dirty Work in my garden the day it was released. One of the worst albums in rock 'n roll history.

An excerpt of the NME review of DW:
"At least half of this album is their most honest, passionate and un-self-conscious music since... well, since Exile..." CHARLES SHAAR MURRAY, 8/10 rating.

Of course, each new album since TY got the same review but the excitement slowed down on the next months (see SW, VL, B2B, ABB and the next one if we get one...)
25th May 2006 07:08 PM
wattsup Okay I will join in
Mick is probably aomewhat upset as he is involved with the business side a lot more than you average rock star. I am sure he had planned to relax & enjoy himself more than he is.
As far as ABB goes I like it a lot only Voodoo Lounge is its equal in the past 20 & some years.
Hopefully the boys will kiss & make up. The Glimmer Twins should be rocking again in a month or so me thinks.
25th May 2006 07:27 PM
texile
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, I've always been impressed with Mick's public rectitude. He's a class act. Keith could learn from him.

it's too late for keith to learn anything...
he's been indulged and coddled far too long.
25th May 2006 07:39 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
IanBillen, you're as dumb as ever! Of course Mick is pissed! This event cost him millions & it was all due to Keith & Ronnie fooling around unnecessarily.

Quit picking on IanBillen or I will spank you, young man!

Maybe Keith should have just impregnated some young, buxom Australian groupie, no?
25th May 2006 07:44 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, I've always been impressed with Mick's public rectitude. He's a class act. Keith could learn from him.

I don't know why we are at odds today, my friend. Mick a class act? Ugh! He will screw anyone - literally and figuratively. He should have NEVER accepted that knighthood either. The only thing I admire about Mick is his stamina as he is in excellent shape for his age. I applaud his dedication to keeping his body in top shape.
25th May 2006 08:00 PM
icetea
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

(Oh, and the fact that Mick's known to have done some major things that... hm...well, give another extra to Keith... Think of Freejack, his solo work, the latest sitcom story... Well... He's certainly not doing himself any good!)

I liked Freejack! One Mississippi...Two Mississippi...Three Mississippi...
25th May 2006 08:01 PM
icetea
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

(Oh, and the fact that Mick's known to have done some major things that... hm...well, give another extra to Keith... Think of Freejack, his solo work, the latest sitcom story... Well... He's certainly not doing himself any good!)

I liked Freejack! One Mississippi...Two Mississippi...Three Mississippi...
25th May 2006 08:41 PM
Twostoned
quote:
jb wrote:

sad....vl imo better.

Voodoo Lounge is much, MUCH better!
25th May 2006 08:46 PM
Bloozehound anyone who really begs an answer to this thread might want to check the "get a life" section of isle 0
25th May 2006 08:47 PM
Twostoned
quote:
gypsy wrote:

He should have NEVER accepted that knighthood either. The only thing I admire about Mick is his stamina as he is in excellent shape for his age. I applaud his dedication to keeping his body in top shape.

Why shouldn't he have accepted the knighthood? I admire that more than Keith's whining about it. I also admire Mick for taking on the business side and keeping the band rolling when things got tough. So what if he screws around.
25th May 2006 10:08 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
F505 wrote:

Don't forget to celebrate the 40th birthday of fligth 505....

Dear dutch F505, WOW, is that really you little fella? Where the hell have you been that this board has fallen in a endless hiatus. Always loved your material, as it sounded mint fresh. Really glad you are back.

Talking 'bout mint fresh, coupla days ago I tried "wearing" a green mint condom (just to "spice up" the relationship)..... and I swear the God that in my short life, I have never felt so FRESH before. It even burned......PHEW...

Minty!
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
25th May 2006 11:07 PM
MissJaneDoe
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Maybe Keith should have just impregnated some young, buxom Australian groupie, no?

I don't think knocking up some slut would cause the tour to be postponed.
Call me old fashioned, but I prefer my rockers to have sex with buxom groupies versus getting wasted and falling out of a tree. Now, if he jumped out of a tree because he was trying to land on top of a naked groupie..........that would be acceptable.

25th May 2006 11:08 PM
pdog
quote:
MissJaneDoe wrote:

I don't think knocking up some slut would cause the tour to be postponed.
Call me old fashioned, but I prefer my rockers to have sex with buxom groupies versus getting wasted and falling out of a tree. Now, if he jumped out of a tree because he was trying to land on top of a naked groupie..........that would be acceptable.

He jumped out of the tree trying to land on a syringe full of dope!
26th May 2006 12:06 AM
glencar
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Note to self: KEEP PICKING ON IanBillen till it hurts!
26th May 2006 12:08 AM
glencar
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I don't know why we are at odds today, my friend. Mick a class act? Ugh! He will screw anyone - literally and figuratively. He should have NEVER accepted that knighthood either. The only thing I admire about Mick is his stamina as he is in excellent shape for his age. I applaud his dedication to keeping his body in top shape.

Well, you know I agree about the knighthood although I'm willing to accept that he did it for his Dad. I'd accept a knighthood from that batty old Queen if it made my Dad happy. I know Mick's been pretty sleazy in his personal life but as far as dealing w/the media, I think he does a pretty good job.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)