ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Hi there
© Arici Graziano
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fuck the Stones and their $450 tickets (and I'm a die hard fan) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
May 16th, 2005 07:27 PM
Dan Theatre shows were profitible in a big way last time - mainly as a bait and switch tactic to sell fan club memberships and high prices arena and stadium tickets.
May 16th, 2005 08:34 PM
corgi37 What if you fave football/soccer/baseball/basketball team got into the finals? You know, the big one. Superbowl, world cup, fa cup, Aussie Rules grand finaL?

All sold out.

Would you pay $450 for a ticket?

Its a special event, right?

Its NOT a concert. It's an event.

The Stones have toured here 3 times in 32 years. I'll freaking pay what i have to. Whatever it takes.
May 17th, 2005 11:33 AM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
What if you fave football/soccer/baseball/basketball team got into the finals? You know, the big one. Superbowl, world cup, fa cup, Aussie Rules grand finaL?

All sold out.

Would you pay $450 for a ticket?

Its a special event, right?

Its NOT a concert. It's an event.

The Stones have toured here 3 times in 32 years. I'll freaking pay what i have to. Whatever it takes.

Corgi ...................................

Have you read THIS about our dearest Kylie ?!?!

" Kylie Minogue Diagnosed
With Breast Cancer "

" SYDNEY, Australia (AP) _ Australian pop star Kylie Minogue announced Tuesday that she has breast cancer, saying in a written statement that she's postponing a tour of Australia to seek treatment and apologizing to fans.
Minogue's management company said the 36-year-old's diagnosis was confirmed this week during a visit to the southern Australian city of Melbourne, her hometown.
"Whilst at home in Melbourne with her family this week prior to her Australian Showgirl Tour, Kylie was diagnosed with early breast cancer," the statement said. "She will undergo immediate treatment and consequently her Australian tour will not be able to proceed as planned."
In the statement, Minogue said: "I was so looking forward to bringing the Showgirl tour to Australian audiences, and am sorry to have to disappoint my fans. Nevertheless, hopefully all will work out fine and I'll be back with you all again soon."
Dr. Helen Zorbis, director of Australia's National Cancer Council, said that Minogue most likely would undergo surgery to remove a cancerous lump.
"She will be offered surgery as the first treatment I would think," Zorbis, who is not treating Minogue, told Australia's Sky News. Surgery could be followed by radiotherapy or chemotherapy, she added.
Minogue had concerts booked in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth over the next month as part of her Showgirl world tour. She also had shows scheduled in Singapore on June 17 and Hong Kong on June 23.
Michael Gudinski, head of Frontier Touring, the company promoting her Australian tour, said it was "way too early to tell" when Minogue might resume her tour and that it was appropriate to postpone the tour indefinitely to "let her find her space and deal with it."
"I'm just hoping and praying because the doctors found it so early that everything will be OK," he told Australia's Seven television network.
"Our thoughts and I'm sure many, many legions of Kylie fans will be with her all the way," he said. Minogue made her name as a star of the long-running Australian soap opera Neighbours before launching her singing career with hits such as "I Should Be So Lucky" and "Better the Devil You Know."
Her popularity soared after her critically acclaimed 2001 album Fever which reached No. 1 in charts around the world and No. 3 in the Billboard album chart, and a series of raunchy video clips released with singles such as "Can't Get You Out of My Head."
Fever sold more than 3 million copies worldwide, according to Minogue's Web site.
In late 2003 her song "Slow" became Minogue's seventh No. 1 single in Britain, 15 years and nine months after "I Should Be So Lucky" topped the charts there in 1988 for her first No. 1 hit. "Slow" also was nominated for a Grammy.
In the past, Minogue has auctioned one of her bras to raise money for breast cancer research and worked to raise awareness of prostate cancer, after her father was diagnosed with it.
Australian singer Delta Goodrem, who followed in Minogue's footsteps from Neighbors to pop stardom, was diagnosed in 2003 with Hodgkins disease, a form of lymphatic cancer.
Tuesday's announcement came just days after an exhibition started at Australia's National Portrait Gallery in Canberra dedicated to the mostly skimpy costumes Minogue wore in her video clips, including a pair of ultra-small gold hotpants she donned for the video of "Spinning Around."

What a tragedy this should happen to a HOT PIECE OF ASS !!!!

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=4003
May 17th, 2005 09:15 PM
Poison Dart Check out the front of the Boston Herald today. There is an article about tickets going for $3,500.
May 18th, 2005 11:54 PM
NeilJam
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
This reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they were talking about buying concert tickets from Ticketmaster.

One character (Smithers i think) say's to another character something like

"Concerts these days are a nice mixed crowd. They are full of the wealthy and the ignorant"

Never has this been as true as it will be tomorrow when lunatic fans fork over $450 (and more at ticket brokers) to Mick Jagger and his accountants.

Guy's they are laughing at us.

On the other hand god bless the Stones if (in their mid 60's)they can get it. After all nobody has to pay and see them. It's our own choice.

But, I sure as hell won't be paying it. Those $160 tix are my absolute limit.
I can afford much more. But I won't pay it just on principal.

Memo to Mick:

Mick if your looking in. I love you guys and your music but you can go fuck yourself if you think I'm stupid enough to pay that kind of money to see you guys in concert.

I thought that Simpsons quote was more along the lines of how the huge convenience charges ensure a good mix of the wealthy and ignorant.

Back on topic, I agree that $450 is way too much to charge for a single concert ticket. Even if I could afford it I wouldn't pay that.

May 19th, 2005 10:41 PM
BrianJonesForever Your right, fuck the stones. Fuckin Keith "You can have the money" Then why are good seats at fenway 3 grand, Keith? So you can go to your mansion in Jamaica and smoke yourself silly? Sorry, I'm fucking mad, and not going to the fenway shows anymore. We decided not to pay 450 for shitty seats. I'd rather spend the money on clothes, bills and pot.
May 19th, 2005 11:01 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
BrianJonesForever wrote:
I'd rather spend the money on clothes, bills and pot.

You'll go wacko, my friend.
May 20th, 2005 12:13 AM
BrianJonesForever Nah, My parents don't want to shell out 400 bucks for the three of us for crappy seats, its not worth it and its absurd. There are rumors of a fleet center show, and we have a friend with a box there, so we'll watch it from the luxury box like we did last tour.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour