ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Hi there
© Arici Graziano
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fuck the Stones and their $450 tickets (and I'm a die hard fan) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
May 14th, 2005 10:49 AM
telecaster billy when your Mommy & Daddy come home (do they know you are on the computer when they aren't home) ask them if you can do some chores around the house for money

Then by next fall/winter you should have earned enough to buy a $100 to see The Stones

Now when you go to the show, there will be people sitting very close. DON'T GET MAD AT THEM

They have worked hard or worked smart and have something
called "disposable income". That means they have money that they choose to spend as they please

And it pleases them to see The Stones up close

DON'T LET THIS RUIN YOUR STONES EXPERIENCE!

Them being up close and paying a lot of money is independent of your Stones concert experience

This example will apply in real life on a daily basis so you simply MUST learn to deal with this envy

When you get older you will see this on airplanes, hotels and cruise ships. There will be many, many people paying much more than you did.

Don't let it bother you

Good luck
May 14th, 2005 11:03 AM
billy first of all I saw the Stones when you wasn't born yet and actually they were a lot better in those days than they are now. But maybe you should ask your mommie and daddie about that although I have a sligth feeling they were listening to the Osmond Brothers, the Bay City Rollers, Macca and Captain and Tenille.
It's fine by me if people are willing to pay outrageous prices for a band that hasn't made a good record in 25 years. Have a nice time! Maybe you sit so close you can put your nose in Mick's ass. In that case 400 dollar is a bargain!
May 14th, 2005 11:05 AM
Poplar
quote:
telecaster wrote:

called "disposable income". That means they have money that they choose to spend as they please

while i agree with the frustration in this thread, i think my friend telecaster - as he does so often - has offerd a needed counterpoint.

but damn, my wallet too a hit in the past hour.

May 14th, 2005 02:17 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
telecaster wrote:
billy when your Mommy & Daddy come home (do they know you are on the computer when they aren't home) ask them if you can do some chores around the house for money

Then by next fall/winter you should have earned enough to buy a $100 to see The Stones

Now when you go to the show, there will be people sitting very close. DON'T GET MAD AT THEM

Them being up close and paying a lot of money is independent of your Stones concert experience

This example will apply in real life on a daily basis so you simply MUST learn to deal with this envy

When you get older you will see this on airplanes, hotels and cruise ships. There will be many, many people paying much more than you did.

Don't let it bother you

Good luck

LOL!! Made me laugh out loud!
May 14th, 2005 02:50 PM
ResidentMule my opinion is pretty much that a once in a lifetime experience is worth a couple hundred bones, but anybody who feels they absolutely need to be up front every tour and get the best seats out of a stadium of 50,000 is probably an asshole though. having a disposable income is one thing, the 'I have more money so I deserve it' mentality is just something I kinda find obnoxious after a while. I mean we should all get to spend some bucks on somethin nice for ourselves once and a while but how much money you have and how big of a fan you are are two different things.

$450 is a high price for a rock n roll show. I agree that if you don't like it, don't pay it, but since we're all Stones fans here I think we all have the right to say that $450 is a little silly.
May 14th, 2005 03:10 PM
Dan
quote:
billy wrote:
Still one question still not answered. If you already own more than 200 million dollar what's the use of asking 400 dollar for a ticket? You reach a certain point when making more money is useless because you can't spend it anymore in a lifetime even if you have to pay alimentation to 5 or 6 women.

Whats the most you think someone should be allowed to earn? Not to mention the guy who always arranges the tours to be profitible is likely working for a percentage, not 11 bucks an hour or something like that.
May 14th, 2005 03:11 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
billy wrote:
first of all I saw the Stones when you wasn't born yet bargain!

ah, so you ARE one of those cheapskates who've been left behind in hostory's dustbin...hint gas is more than a dollar a gallon now too

WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!!

we ain't subsidizing the concert experience for whiners and losers

May 14th, 2005 03:15 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL

I love you Gazza---you give me just enough rope to hang myself and then let me have a laugh. On my next spring's visit to Bushmills and the Glenns of Antrim I will be raising a toast to you...even if you are a loyalist, hell, they ain't all bad
May 14th, 2005 03:22 PM
Dan
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
my opinion is pretty much that a once in a lifetime experience is worth a couple hundred bones, but anybody who feels they absolutely need to be up front every tour and get the best seats out of a stadium of 50,000 is probably an asshole though. having a disposable income is one thing, the 'I have more money so I deserve it' mentality is just something I kinda find obnoxious after a while. I mean we should all get to spend some bucks on somethin nice for ourselves once and a while but how much money you have and how big of a fan you are are two different things.

$450 is a high price for a rock n roll show. I agree that if you don't like it, don't pay it, but since we're all Stones fans here I think we all have the right to say that $450 is a little silly.

More like a 24th in a lifetime experience for me with a highest cost of $200 and an average of around $75 or less and a theatre gig so I can't see getting all wound up over this tour. I am sure I will catch a ticket at a decent price or at least thank gawd for bootleg DVDs!
May 14th, 2005 03:29 PM
telecaster
quote:
billy wrote:
"first of all I saw the Stones when you wasn't born yet and actually they were a lot better in those days than they are now."

Holy Shit! Billy you saw the Stones in 1961! Where?
Is this the rumored "lost concert" that people have been talking about for years? And here we all thought they started in 1963.

What songs did they play? What venue?

If you have a bootleg of that you are sitting on gold my friend, pure gold.

[Edited by telecaster]
May 14th, 2005 03:37 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
Dan wrote:

More like a 24th in a lifetime experience for me with a highest cost of $200 and an average of around $75 or less and a theatre gig so I can't see getting all wound up over this tour. I am sure I will catch a ticket at a decent price or at least thank gawd for bootleg DVDs!

then you are very lucky, how do you do it? I can't imagine every getting to see the Stones up close without paying an arm and a leg
May 14th, 2005 03:44 PM
Dan
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:

then you are very lucky, how do you do it? I can't imagine every getting to see the Stones up close without paying an arm and a leg

Unfortunately, last tour they werent selling seats behind the stage like on the NS tour, so there were an average of 3-4000 more tickets available for those arena shows. I would pay an average of half price or less in the parking lot. Unfortunately half of $403 is still too much, unlike half of $90-150. Also got really lucky with the Wiltern ticket through the fan club. Also the best ever show was Oakland 99 for $70 and I cant really spend a few grand chasing that same monkey and no other show except maybe the Wiltern has ever come close. Havent been in the first few rows or anything like that, I prefer risers about PA level but this time around I think I will just settle for nosebleed stadium seat and watch the video screen and fireworks.
May 14th, 2005 03:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

I love you Gazza---you give me just enough rope to hang myself and then let me have a laugh. On my next spring's visit to Bushmills and the Glenns of Antrim I will be raising a toast to you...even if you are a loyalist, hell, they ain't all bad

LOL

Fair enough - but in all seriousness dont presume to know the extremes of someone's politics based on their religious background or nationality. "Loyalist" means something very different from "unionist" where I come from. My political opinions or beliefs dont threaten anyone.
May 14th, 2005 04:19 PM
Keefj200 Just finished a British Constitutional and Legal History class....very interesting stuff. Loyalist!
May 14th, 2005 06:28 PM
HellsRollingThunder here is a site to find out some of the current ticket prices as given
to me by a friend, so see for yourself, if you do not have this or
know about it. If you do then sorry.

bluebuckstickets.blogspot.com

I am not paying $800.00 tickets for a Stones concert. They should
come out naked!! Yeeeek! Anyway, what are we paying for when
we pay $800.00 a ticket will someone please explain this to a
naive, uninformed, out of it Stones fan? Thank you.
May 14th, 2005 06:58 PM
Dan
quote:
HellsRollingThunder wrote:
I am not paying $800.00 tickets for a Stones concert. They should
come out naked!! Yeeeek! Anyway, what are we paying for when
we pay $800.00 a ticket will someone please explain this to a
naive, uninformed, out of it Stones fan? Thank you.

If you pay $800 for a concert, you are paying for what you think the concert is worth, or at the very least paying a very high tax for your naivity.

There is no guarantee the show will be good, no guarantee the people around you wont do everything they can to make it a thoroughly unenjoyable evening, no guarantee they will play your favorite song and no guarantee the show wont even get cancelled.

May 14th, 2005 08:09 PM
billy
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Holy Shit! Billy you saw the Stones in 1961! Where?
Is this the rumored "lost concert" that people have been talking about for years? And here we all thought they started in 1963.

[Edited by telecaster]

We all thought? Maybe just you because real Stones connoisseurs know they started in the winter of 1962. It shows what kind of fan you are.
May 14th, 2005 08:12 PM
billy
quote:
Dan wrote:

Whats the most you think someone should be allowed to earn? Not to mention the guy who always arranges the tours to be profitible is likely working for a percentage, not 11 bucks an hour or something like that.

Just answer my question
May 14th, 2005 09:54 PM
Dan
quote:
billy wrote:

Just answer my question

I thought I did. What was the question again?
May 14th, 2005 10:12 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! >>>>Why would a middle of the road fan go and pay that kind of money to see the Stones? How are they going to expand their fanbase if only older people who have money can go and see them?

I'd hate to see the Stones playing to 1/2 full shows because of their greed.<<<<

First of, no one is forcing anyone to buy a ticket. As it was said before, The Stones are really not interested in expanding their fan base at this stage. Sorry, but you won't see The Stones playing to half empty shows. Charlotte sold out in less then an hour today, as I expect many other shows did as well. Have you attened a high profile sporting event lately? If so then you will know that the prices for these events are outragous! The Stones are the premier band in the world, they've played along time and if the market will bare the kind of prices that we're seeing, then it's the publics fault for driving the prices up to begin with. The price of entertainment is not cheap by any means. I certainly hated to pay $173 per ticket today, but I want to see The Stones again, so what am I to do. Bitchin about the prices isn't going to help matters so what's the use?
May 15th, 2005 01:05 AM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I LOVE the Stones as much as anybody but this is fucking ridiculos.

How can the average person go and see the Stones? If you take your wife or girlfriend your looking at between a $400-$1000 night.

And if you have to go to a ticket broker you are looking at a $600-$1,600 night (I've see tickets on e-bay for nearly $4,000 each)

What kind of an asshole is going to pay $4,000 to see the Stones? I don't think I'd pay $4,000 to see Jesus Christ never mind Keith Richards.

Don't get me wrong, I can more than afford it,but this is bullshit. I'm 29 and have many friends who would love to see the Stones but their is no way they can afford it.

Unless I can get a decent price at face value I will be sitting this one out. And I'm a huge life long Stones fan.

Why would a middle of the road fan go and pay that kind of money to see the Stones? How are they going to expand their fanbase if only older people who have money can go and see them?

I'd hate to see the Stones playing to 1/2 full shows because of their greed.

I think I'll buy the album for $9 when it comes out,watch my Four Flicks dvd's and spend that same $600-$1,600 and go to the Caribbean for a fucking week.

P.S. Mick is laughing at all the suckers paying more than $400 to fund his new mansion.

go find the full version of that new tune from the Press Conference.

then explain why we are really lucky "they" don't charge us

say like this:

first ticket 450.
second ticket 900.
third ticket 1350.

well you get the picture....

(and that would be based solely on any even
minor improvements in the tune itself).

I'm in for the DURATION, hang the price schemes and games,
there are always tickets and they have a habit of matching
dollars in pocket when they happen to crop up.

as to the view that "it's too high a cost", I would suggest that
saving a mere dollar and a half a day since the last date, was a
sure bet for covering the upcoming costs of this go-round.
($1.50 x 547 days ($820.50) is equal to a high cost ticket and then some.)

and for the ones with the cash or the plastic
my view is put up AND shut up.
May 15th, 2005 05:01 AM
billy lotsofshit wrote:

[quote] we ain't subsidizing the concert experience for whiners and losers [unquote]

But I 'm sure they will make an exception for you

May 15th, 2005 09:02 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
billy wrote:
lotsofshit wrote:

[quote] we ain't subsidizing the concert experience for whiners and losers [unquote]

But I 'm sure they will make an exception for you

ooooo...skillfull comeback mr. whiner/loser...it's like you turned the tables

wow

OK now

Cazart!!!
May 15th, 2005 10:27 AM
gimmekeef Life is full of inequities....why should Stones ticket prices be exclusive of that reality.They charge what they feel people will pay.Once again they're reputation has allowed them to capitilize with quick sales at prices that stagger the casual observer.I feel sorry for those who cant offord to attend...but spend my time really caring about the millions who wont have anything to eat today....
May 15th, 2005 11:56 AM
flexy633
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Shut up already, we get it, you are a broke cheapass

You also are a jealous ignorant cheapass

I happen to agree with the original poster. Broke cheap ass? How can you even say that? Face the facts - $450 a ticket for something like row 35 is ridiculous and outrageous.

The Stones are not broke by any sense. There is no reason to charge these kinds of prices. I am a diehard Stones fan and have loved them since 1981. But, I cannot defend them on these prices.

As my boss said, "I'd expect to spend the night with Mick Jagger for $450 a ticket!"
May 15th, 2005 12:11 PM
billy
quote:
flexy633 wrote:

I happen to agree with the original poster. Broke cheap ass? How can you even say that?

That piece of wood hasn't been tuned in a long time. That's why.
May 15th, 2005 03:14 PM
iluvmickjagger07 i agree. these prices are ridiculous! i hope i somehow win two tickets like on the radio or something.
but i guess its worth it
[Edited by iluvmickjagger07]
May 15th, 2005 04:32 PM
time is on my side
quote:
telecaster wrote:
billy when your Mommy & Daddy come home (do they know you are on the computer when they aren't home) ask them if you can do some chores around the house for money

Don't let it bother you

Good luck

While I happen to agree the prices are outrageous, it's all about supply and demand. We live in a free market system and the net result is that certain forms of entertainment will, at times, be expensive. Such is life. Plus the above quote is a classic. I'm never laughed so hard and so long at anything posted on this board before.
May 15th, 2005 04:55 PM
Soldatti Who's buying $450 tickets?
It's fucking ridiculous!
May 15th, 2005 05:04 PM
glimmertwin50 If people want to pay $450.00 that is their choice. It's not what I am going to do.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour