ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Hi there
© Arici Graziano
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fuck the Stones and their $450 tickets (and I'm a die hard fan) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
May 15th, 2005 05:51 PM
MikeyC613 I'm a 20 year old guitar player and singer. I see the Stones every chance I get, and in the past, 4 of my 5 Stones concerts had been funded by my father. I drove 9 hours to Toronto and saw the Stones at the SARS concert for 25 bucks, got high during the Isley Brothers, got mauled during AC/DC, and saw the front area clear out during the Stones. I'm probably not going to be able to see them on this tour unless scalpers are out in front of UVA's football stadium selling them for a decent price. But personally, being a musician and the Rolling Stones being my personal heroes, I hope they take a huge fucking bath on this tour. Their most hardcore fans (Rocks Off members and the like) should not be having discussions about how they refuse to go to their shows, especially since this is probably their last tour. Granted they gave up the idealology of rock and roll beliefs long ago, passing on your music to people and new audiences is the ideal of being a great musician and true to what you do. Shoveling money on top of your 300 million dollar bank accounts is pretty disgusting. I saw Chuck Berry when he was 74 years old for 35 bucks, and the ENTIRE front row was teenagers. It was incredible to watch Chuck interact with kids my age, calling them out during intstrumental breaks and laughing at them, and made me realize what going to concerts was all about. Muddy, John Lee, they knew it too. Mick and Keith do too, they profess it, but don't practice in the least.

I know, It's Only Rock and Roll, but I can't afford it?
May 15th, 2005 06:35 PM
kath oh you can get in for a hell of a lot less than that.......jeez, anybody who spends that can afford it, i guess...me i'm holdin' out until the day of the show....
May 15th, 2005 07:51 PM
ResidentMule its not like you have to pay $450 or you don't get to go at all. if your a Stones fan you should be able to enjoy the show even if your in the back row. cant shell out $200 this time around? they got seats for $60 too
May 16th, 2005 02:44 AM
padre
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Who's buying $450 tickets?
It's fucking ridiculous!

I was just about to use the EXACT same words!
I will consider 450 when they play on my backyard with Mick Taylor and Brian Jones on guitars.
I hope they open the shows with Money (That's What I Want).
May 16th, 2005 03:26 AM
Everybody s Lucifer Ofcourse it's ourageous to ask 450 dollar. Who think that's normal is absolutely crackers. Besides it's crazy to let people sit in an arena. You gotta have space to dance. If you wanna sit go to the Rhythm Kings.
May 16th, 2005 09:42 AM
gimmekeef For all future tour press conferences I think the secret mode of transport should now be...AN ARMORED CAR!...
May 16th, 2005 09:55 AM
telecaster So.....

All you complainers don't fly on an airplane because
someone paid $2,300 in first class while you paid
$170 to land at the same place?

Do you give those people evil stares as you walk to your
coach seat?

Help me out here....

May 16th, 2005 10:05 AM
Nellcote Look, you do not have to pay major bling for tix.
You need to be resourceful.
I have no bones about my fan club assisted purchase if that's what it takes, and you get early access, along with other items within the fan club, it's an easy C-note if you are a fan.
I got wicked pissa seats for 08/21, did not spend $453 a ticket.
I went to Ticketbastard Saturday, admittedly only got one seat for 08/23, however, I still got a good location at the 3rd price level. And, that was at a Kinko's, as I was not home.
So, suck it up, use your skills, and you too will experience the greatest thrill of them all, a live appearance of
THE WORLD'S GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND!!!
May 16th, 2005 10:12 AM
Gazza I think maybe a more appropriate metaphor would be that if most other high quality airlines can fly you first class for a third of that price and easily make a very tidy profit for themselves, then asking $2,300 seems a tad excessive.

If people want to pay $450-500 a ticket, fine. Its a rip off but if you think its worth it for 2 hours entertainment in a football stadium, good for you. Its your money.

I think it would be beneficial however to have a consistent price structure. It seems deliberately vague and designed to sucker people into assuming that you can only get great seats if you pay a lot of money for them. With hindsight that doesnt appear the case but its a bit late for many people who paniced into buying expensive tickets. It seems insane to read about people getting good seats for $160 and $99 (which arent bad value at all) yet other folks are getting inferior ones for in excess of $300.

Personally, I'd be pretty miffed if I paid $450 for a ticket and was sitting beside someone who paid $99
[Edited by Gazza]
May 16th, 2005 10:18 AM
Everybody s Lucifer
quote:
telecaster wrote:
So.....

coach seat?

Help me out here...

Man, you make me laugh. What a senseless comparison!
If you want to make a comparison: in the 'Stones plane' we all used to pay more or less the same amount of money for a seat. Some featherbrain has invented that the Stones plane in 2005 is in need of first class and business class. Why? The music won't get better if you pay 450 dollar. These tickets are for spivs who can brag about it. Pathetic.
May 16th, 2005 11:02 AM
telecaster After reviewing all these posts you all have changed my mind!

You were right and I was wrong!

I am going to save my money and see the following shows:

1. Elvis
2. The Beatles
3. Jimi Hendrix
4. The Doors
5. Stevie Ray Vaughn
6. Buddy Holly

What a great summer it will be! I am sooo...looking forward to this!

BTW, I hear The Doors have the nerve to ask $120 for some seats!
May 16th, 2005 11:18 AM
gimmekeef Free enterprise is never pretty or fair...but its a reality we all need to deal with.....Whining wont get you in....I think prices are ridiculous but thousands of people who sold out shows in minutes think otherwise.Thats the system...tough shit but it aint gonna change because we complain.It will only change when people say no I wont pay.Hell Cohls probably sayin to the band..Damn it I knew we could have got $ 500!.......
May 16th, 2005 11:20 AM
Joey

STONES IS STONES ................Bigger than all of us baby !!!!!

$ 450.00 per ticket -- Cheap

J. !

|
|
|
|
V
May 16th, 2005 11:31 AM
Everybody s Lucifer
quote:
Joey wrote:

STONES IS STONES ................Bigger than all of us baby !!!!!

$ 450.00 per ticket -- Cheap

J. !

|
|
|
|
V

This is gonna happen AFTER you have paid:

May 16th, 2005 11:42 AM
Joey
quote:
Everybody s Lucifer wrote:

This is gonna happen AFTER you have paid:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 16th, 2005 12:17 PM
J.J.Flash One thing I still can't stand is the fact that there are people who want to watch a Rock'n'Roll show in a seat, that's all, IMHFO....
May 16th, 2005 12:29 PM
monkeyman62 $450 doesnt even guarantee an ON STAGE seat
thats ridiculous
May 16th, 2005 12:32 PM
kath
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So.....

coach seat?

Help me out here....

great post!!!!

sheesh, it's months away...and you can get in really a lot cheaper than that...

May 16th, 2005 12:33 PM
Everybody s Lucifer I have attended a seated Stones concert one time in my life. It was in Giants stadium and it was the most crazy concert I ever witnessed. While the music was hot and steaming everybody was glued to his seat! Incredible.
[Edited by Everybody s Lucifer]
May 16th, 2005 12:35 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
I have attended a seated Stoens concert one time in my life. It was in Giants stadium and it was the most crazy concert I ever witnessed. While the music was hot and steaming everybody was glued to his seat! Incredible.

Being cynical or what fellow?!?
May 16th, 2005 12:39 PM
Everybody s Lucifer
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Being cynical or what fellow?!?

No, I support your remark it's madness to watch a rock 'n' roll show in a seat.
May 16th, 2005 12:49 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:

No, I support your remark it's madness to watch a rock 'n' roll show in a seat.

Oh, I see. Thank you
May 16th, 2005 01:48 PM
Joey [quote]monkeyman62 wrote:
$450 doesnt even guarantee an ON STAGE seat
thats ridiculous "

No , ridiculous is attending another stadium concert in the potentially pouring rain instead of witnessing THE GREATEST ROCK & ROLL BAND OF ALL FRIGGIN TIME in a nice cozy , precious arena or club SETTING ......WTF ?!?!

Word ......to your Great Great Grand Pappy's !!!!!

" Stones Rule You Punk Ass Bastards ! "

Cassie " CLUBBY " Yates ! ™

[ Edited by Cassie ]
[Edited by Joey]
May 16th, 2005 02:39 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Joey wrote:
[quote]monkeyman62 wrote:
$450 doesnt even guarantee an ON STAGE seat
thats ridiculous "

No , ridiculous is attending another stadium concert in the potentially pouring rain instead of witnessing THE GREATEST ROCK & ROLL BAND OF ALL FRIGGIN TIME in a nice cozy , precious arena or club SETTING ......WTF ?!?!

Word ......to your Great Great Grand Pappy's !!!!!

" Stones Rule You Punk Ass Bastards ! "

Cassie " CLUBBY " Yates ! ™

[ Edited by Cassie ]
[Edited by Joey]

I am desperately looking forward to a huge monster stadium down here my friend.....no seats please
May 16th, 2005 04:13 PM
Joey
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

I am desperately looking forward to a huge monster stadium down here my friend.....no seats please

J.J. Flash .............................

What will you do if the band plays a few ' club dates ' down there in South America ?!?!

....will you try to attend all of them ?

Developing ..................................

Clubby ! ™
May 16th, 2005 04:45 PM
J.J.Flash I fear that it ain't gonna happen. Non-profitable they might say.
May 16th, 2005 04:50 PM
Joey
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
I fear that it ain't gonna happen.

You make Joey sad .
May 16th, 2005 04:58 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
I fear that it ain't gonna happen. Non-profitable they might say.

Club shows aren't profitable anywhere as such.

That's why they do so little of 'em and don't bother raising ticket prices for these venues to absurd amounts (exceptions like Vegas are the case), even with 2000 a ticket it would be peanuts with 10 clubs in a year's tour..., so they keep prices low.

They only do clubs for their sponsors, for public relations in general (VIP's), and for themselves to change the scenery.

Oh yeah, and as a reward for their die hard fans of course .
May 16th, 2005 06:42 PM
iluvmickjagger07 can someone please let me borrow $450. its for school
May 16th, 2005 07:25 PM
Dan
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
can someone please let me borrow $450. its for school

If only you were over 18, or someplace other than Texas, I would offer to take you to a concert.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour