ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Hi there
© Arici Graziano
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fuck the Stones and their $450 tickets (and I'm a die hard fan) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
May 13th, 2005 07:58 PM
Poison Dart I LOVE the Stones as much as anybody but this is fucking ridiculos.

How can the average person go and see the Stones? If you take your wife or girlfriend your looking at between a $400-$1000 night.

And if you have to go to a ticket broker you are looking at a $600-$1,600 night (I've see tickets on e-bay for nearly $4,000 each)

What kind of an asshole is going to pay $4,000 to see the Stones? I don't think I'd pay $4,000 to see Jesus Christ never mind Keith Richards.

Don't get me wrong, I can more than afford it,but this is bullshit. I'm 29 and have many friends who would love to see the Stones but their is no way they can afford it.

Unless I can get a decent price at face value I will be sitting this one out. And I'm a huge life long Stones fan.

Why would a middle of the road fan go and pay that kind of money to see the Stones? How are they going to expand their fanbase if only older people who have money can go and see them?

I'd hate to see the Stones playing to 1/2 full shows because of their greed.

I think I'll buy the album for $9 when it comes out,watch my Four Flicks dvd's and spend that same $600-$1,600 and go to the Caribbean for a fucking week.

P.S. Mick is laughing at all the suckers paying more than $400 to fund his new mansion.
May 13th, 2005 11:35 PM
CraigP I totally, whole-heartedly agree. I know quite a few kids getting into the Stones but can't afford a damn ticket!!! When the first words of a new tour cam eout, I asked a few people about going and they already had made the decision because of the prices. The tickets should be $40. And that asshole Michael Cohl up there, announcing the prices have gone up.
Fuck corporate greed.
May 13th, 2005 11:38 PM
Lazy Bones Personally, I thought that at this stage of the game the Stones would want more people to see them - perhaps many that have never seen them before.

I wanted to take my kids to see them - Mrs. Lazy Bones, too - but that won't happen.
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
May 13th, 2005 11:43 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
How can the average person go and see the Stones? If you take your wife or girlfriend your looking at between a $400-$1000 night.

I'm 29 and have many friends who would love to see the Stones but their is no way they can afford it.

That's the reason for the lack of young people on Stones concerts.
May 13th, 2005 11:52 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Hey, I'm working two jobs for my tickets... it's the cruel, cruel world of supply and demand.

The club shows will get a much better "young people" response, especially if the album actually winds up appearing and being good. I saw Bob Dylan for the first time at a GA club and can't imagine seeing him any other way. I was surrounded by my friends, other people my age, and people who'd been seeing him since the sixties, and it felt awesome. So awesome that when a buddy of mine and I went back to see him at the Orpheum and everyone was kind of sitting around, it felt like a giant buzzkill, especially with the outrageously wild setlist he played.

I've been spoiled by high-octane general admission shows (The White Stripes, The Hives, etc.), and I think the Stones are capable of an equal performance, if they buckle down and try. After seeing what Dylan is capable of, I don't think the age is a valid excuse anymore. Keith Richards keeps referencing John Lee Hooker and Muddy Waters and so forth - Muddy Waters released some damn good albums late in his life. Let's see the Stones do the same, and put some life behind the show.

As for the prices, I was honestly expecting the ticket prices to be much higher than this, with the tickets that are currently $163 up at the $250 mark.
May 14th, 2005 12:04 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
I wanted to take my kids to see them - Mrs. Lazy Bones, too - but that won't happen.

i hear that. family discounts are not an option this tour that's the kind of thing a year-long $100 membership should get ya...

quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Hey, I'm working two jobs for my tickets... it's the cruel, cruel world of supply and demand.

The club shows will get a much better "young people" response, especially if the album actually winds up appearing and being good. I saw Bob Dylan for the first time at a GA club and can't imagine seeing him any other way. I was surrounded by my friends, other people my age, and people who'd been seeing him since the sixties, and it felt awesome. So awesome that when a buddy of mine and I went back to see him at the Orpheum and everyone was kind of sitting around, it felt like a giant buzzkill, especially with the outrageously wild setlist he played.

I've been spoiled by high-octane general admission shows (The White Stripes, The Hives, etc.), and I think the Stones are capable of an equal performance, if they buckle down and try. After seeing what Dylan is capable of, I don't think the age is a valid excuse anymore. Keith Richards keeps referencing John Lee Hooker and Muddy Waters and so forth - Muddy Waters released some damn good albums late in his life. Let's see the Stones do the same, and put some life behind the show.

As for the prices, I was honestly expecting the ticket prices to be much higher than this, with the tickets that are currently $163 up at the $250 mark.

hey! nice to see you again... i hope all is well.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 14th, 2005 12:32 AM
Poison Dart Hey Savage Young:

I undertand that you love the Stones as much as I do. But it will be a cold day in hell before I'm working two jobs to see a bunch of strangers who could care less if I live or die. Or better yet,if I'm working two jobs to see their greedy asses.

And as far as their club shows go. They will go for 4 times what they are getting at stadiums and sports arenas. So I guess you can throw that theory about young people going to see them in small clubs out the window.

If your paying over $400 bucks to see the Stones or anybody else (I don't care how much money you have or make) you need your fucking head examined.
May 14th, 2005 12:43 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
If your paying over $400 bucks to see the Stones or anybody else (I don't care how much money you have or make) you need your fucking head examined.

quote of the week!
May 14th, 2005 01:06 AM
Poison Dart This reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they were talking about buying concert tickets from Ticketmaster.

One character (Smithers i think) say's to another character something like

"Concerts these days are a nice mixed crowd. They are full of the wealthy and the ignorant"

Never has this been as true as it will be tomorrow when lunatic fans fork over $450 (and more at ticket brokers) to Mick Jagger and his accountants.

Guy's they are laughing at us.

On the other hand god bless the Stones if (in their mid 60's)they can get it. After all nobody has to pay and see them. It's our own choice.

But, I sure as hell won't be paying it. Those $160 tix are my absolute limit.
I can afford much more. But I won't pay it just on principal.

Memo to Mick:

Mick if your looking in. I love you guys and your music but you can go fuck yourself if you think I'm stupid enough to pay that kind of money to see you guys in concert.

May 14th, 2005 01:14 AM
Dan
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I LOVE the Stones as much as anybody but this is fucking ridiculos.

I guess now is the time to be glad I am single. Buy my own ticket, and if I am lucky, just hook up there!

quote:

And if you have to go to a ticket broker you are looking at a $600-$1,600 night (I've see tickets on e-bay for nearly $4,000 each)

Nobody "has" to go to a ticket broker but if makes them feel like that much of a fan to spend that much money then there really isn't much else I can say or do about that. And if someone actually spends 4000 on a ticket from Ebay then that is probably the price the Stones should be charging rather than draw the line at a measly $450.

quote:

What kind of an asshole is going to pay $4,000 to see the Stones?

The kind of asshole who has a lot more money than either of us!

quote:

I don't think I'd pay $4,000 to see Jesus Christ never mind Keith Richards.

If you really want to see Jesus I don't think it matters how much money you have or are willing to spend. However if you have enough money in your pocket you can probably hire Keith to play in your living room.

quote:

Don't get me wrong, I can more than afford it,but this is bullshit. I'm 29 and have many friends who would love to see the Stones but their is no way they can afford it.

It doesn't matter who can't afford it.

quote:

Unless I can get a decent price at face value I will be sitting this one out. And I'm a huge life long Stones fan.

I dont think face value is a decent price

quote:

Why would a middle of the road fan go and pay that kind of money to see the Stones?

What is middle of the road? Owning one, two or twenty albums?

quote:

How are they going to expand their fanbase if only older people who have money can go and see them?

They havent released a new album in almost 8 years. That should tell you everything you need to know about how far they want to extend their fan base.

quote:

I'd hate to see the Stones playing to 1/2 full shows because of their greed.

Why? They would still get paid because the fee is guaranteed up front.

I would love to see them playing half full shows because of their greed. In addition to almost free tickets and short beer lines, it would be decades before any other artist would attempt to command such a fee and Clear Channel has already been backing away from paying big fees up front and trying to encourage bands to lower prices. This would only expedite that process.

quote:

I think I'll buy the album for $9 when it comes out,watch my Four Flicks dvd's and spend that same $600-$1,600 and go to the Caribbean for a fucking week.

I think I will wait to hear the album before I decide if its worth the money.

quote:

P.S. Mick is laughing at all the suckers paying more than $400 to fund his new mansion.

I think he recognizes his value as a performer even if he doesn't charge as much as he can get, I am sure he appreciates the sacrifice the fans make for the privelege of his presence and talents.
May 14th, 2005 01:22 AM
Poison Dart I love these people who will defend the Stones no matter what.

Let's all genuflect at the altar of the Stones the next time we hear Tumbling Dice on the radio.

It escapes me how you can defend the Stones and their $450 tickets.

I hope you enjoy the show.
May 14th, 2005 01:25 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
Dan wrote:
I guess now is the time to be glad I am single.

Ditto!
May 14th, 2005 01:27 AM
Dan
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I love these people who will defend the Stones no matter what. [/quote}

Wonder who that might be?

[quote]
Let's all genuflect at the altar of the Stones the next time we hear Tumbling Dice on the radio.

Personally I don't listen to rock radio.

quote:

Probably because I work for a lot less than I want to though its at the price the market dictates.

quote:

If I can get a cheap enough ticket.
May 14th, 2005 02:03 AM
HellsRollingThunder What are we actually paying for when we pay $450 and up for a
show anyway? Sitting way back from the stage where one has to
look at a GIANT screen is stupid. You can do that at home. Are
we paying for the stage, lights, special effects, crew to set it up,
trucks to bring it in, cars to bring the Stones in or what really?
I know they are very popular, but not THAT popular to charge THAT much money for a ticket are they for real? I was wondering
if maybe if they would play in smaller places where the audiences
could really see them up close(er) and not charge such exhorbant
prices if it would not be a better choice. These guys are NOT broke by a longshot and they would get MORE fans to their concerts, especially ones that have never seen them before, and
ones that can't afford the $5 million tickets. Does a Stones concert actually need special effects, lights, and so on to make it work?
Since I have never been to one (tickets sell out too fast) I don't
know. Their music should be good enough, ya think?! This is just
my humble opinion I am not really sure.
May 14th, 2005 02:29 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
How are they going to expand their fanbase if only older people who have money can go and see them?

I thought it was clear by now that they're not really interested in 'expanding their fanbase'. Why would they be? It's big enough already. They're at the end of their carreer. They're interested in expanding their bank acount. For their kids (I presume hehehe). Everyone can be insulted by the BBC guy at the PC, but at least he had the guts to ask them what most people (fans as well as non-fans) think in the back of their mind. Sure, they seem like they enjoy it too, but I think the wealth and fame is at least as big a motivation to tour again as the fun in performing live is.
I love them, always will, but I've never ever mistaken their -at least partial- intentions. I can't wait to find out the Dutch ticket prices... (has a fearful look on her face).

I know! I'll just visit like 10 club shows, they're only 50 bucks a piece right?? (Even with 10 memberships and 10 club tix it's just as expensive as attending a stadium show for 450 bucks with let's say your partner and your kid, lol)

May 14th, 2005 07:22 AM
gimmekeef Today the public sale begins.I think the average non fanatic will simply logg off without buying when they see the absolute joke these prices are.Cohl said they're up 10%..I'd call him a fuckin liar to his face.I've loved this band since 1963 but they aint gettin my $ this time.And Theater shows?.Mark my words they're gone just like the B Stage.Why "waste" a night in a small venue when they can try to make $4 million across town in a stadium.The theaters were a gimick to sell the tour DVD....
May 14th, 2005 07:22 AM
gotdablouse Is it Keith who said "you can have the money, mate" ? Ok Keith, we'll all take you up on that, you SOB !

I think everyone should relax and plan on showing up on the day of the show and pick up a ticket for $50, that's what I did in San Jose in 1999, there'll be tons of these !
May 14th, 2005 08:03 AM
lotsajizz I love these ignorant communist morons who bitch about the Stones crowding out the scalpers. Wake up you freeloaders...the market drives these prices. This ain't no charity or commune!! The scalpers were getting hundreds of dollars on the secondary tik market from Steel Wheels on. Finally, in the 90's the Stones decided to stop subsidizing the bitching whining freeloaders and bring their official prices up to market levels. This HAS resulted in a shrunken secondary tik market. And if it pisses people off who think they are somehow ENTITLED to see their entertainment at less than market prices, well...fuck 'em. Wake up cheapskates...the world passed you by a long time ago.
May 14th, 2005 08:29 AM
gotdablouse That's right this is free world so no one has to buy tix if they don't want to and the Stones can fuck off witht their crappy $500 tix. We'll see how well their little "supply and demand" theory works out this time around, sure, it would suck if their last tour was a financial meltdown, but then that's their problem, not ours.
May 14th, 2005 09:05 AM
corgi37 Maybe i should hope they dont tour Oz after all.

I'll have to sell a kidney.
May 14th, 2005 09:16 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Maybe i should hope they dont tour Oz after all.

I'll have to sell a kidney.

you got two of 'em!! :-)
May 14th, 2005 09:19 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
CraigP wrote:
I totally, whole-heartedly agree. I know quite a few kids getting into the Stones but can't afford a damn ticket!!! When the first words of a new tour cam eout, I asked a few people about going and they already had made the decision because of the prices. The tickets should be $40. And that asshole Michael Cohl up there, announcing the prices have gone up.
Fuck corporate greed.

There's nothing "corporate" about this greed -- it's personal!
May 14th, 2005 09:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I love these ignorant communist morons who bitch about the Stones crowding out the scalpers.

Dont talk fucking shite. "Communist" - what a fucking laugh.

Easy remark to make when you're loaded. Especially if you believe that wealth makes you a better fan
May 14th, 2005 09:41 AM
lotsajizz what Jair said
May 14th, 2005 09:42 AM
gotdablouse Yes like someone said above, whether you can afford it or not is irrelevant, it is outrageous to sell crappy tickets for $450, but again that's their choice. Still Keith should cut the crap about "you can have the money pal", how ridiculous.

As for me I have seen them enough in various environments not to want to shell out any $ for a stadium show unless it's GA for $50.
[Edited by gotdablouse]
May 14th, 2005 09:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
what Jair said

LOL
May 14th, 2005 10:02 AM
telecaster
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I love these people who will defend the Stones no matter what.

Shouldn't you be on the Spice Girls message board?

How many posts are you going to make telling us you are not going to go?

Shut up already, we get it, you are a broke cheapass

You also are a jealous ignorant cheapass

So lets get this straight: because you are jealous that someone is paying $450 a ticket, you refuse to see the show at the average price which is $100 because someone paid $450

Ya, that makes tons of sense!

You convinced me. I refuse to drive on the road because someone is driving a Ferrari

[Edited by telecaster]
May 14th, 2005 10:02 AM
HomerJRichards Coz the Stones ain't touring Australia this time round - i haven't paid too much attention to how much they are charging for their shows. But i was under the impression tickets vary in price starting from as low as $63???. i figure a $63 ticket would get you a shitty seat, so what do get for $450, i take these are not the 'on-stage' seats that Mick was talking about during the PC. Are the prices different for different venues? & what's all this talk about ticket-brokers? Sorry for the stupid questions...
[Edited by HomerJRichards]
May 14th, 2005 10:06 AM
billy Still one question still not answered. If you already own more than 200 million dollar what's the use of asking 400 dollar for a ticket? You reach a certain point when making more money is useless because you can't spend it anymore in a lifetime even if you have to pay alimentation to 5 or 6 women.
May 14th, 2005 10:13 AM
billy
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Shouldn't you be on the Spice Girls message board?

HE SHOULD BUT HE HATES YOUR BORING POSTS ON THAT BOARD

How many posts are you going to make telling us you are not going to go?

I HOPE A LOT MORE

Shut up already, we get it, you are a broke cheapass

You also are a jealous ignorant cheapass

AND YOU? A WEALTHY BOUNDER WITH NO TASTE

So lets get this straight: because you are jealous that someone is paying $450 a ticket, you refuse to see the show at the average price which is $100 because someone paid $450

HE IS NOT JEALOUS BUT DARES TO MAKE SOME CRITICAL REMARKS IN STEAD OF LICKING ASSES

Ya, that makes tons of sense!

INDEED!

And you want to be my latex saleman

AND I AM NOT RELATED TO BILL PERKS

[Edited by telecaster]

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour