ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

May 1969... days before passing
Very special thanks to the annonimous donator ;)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jack Sparrow calls out Keef Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
May 6th, 2004 11:11 AM
Riffhard Well it's now official. Fox News just showed a blurb about how Johnny Depp has called on his friend Keith Richards to do a walk-on/cameo role in the sequel to Pirates of the Carribean. I know this is rather old news,but it's always nice to see Keith on the news and also nice to see the offer/request made so public. Maybe Keith will take him up on it. I'd love to see him in the role of Jack's long lost pirate father. That role would be just as fitting as Mick's role in the Man From Elaysian(sp?) Fields.

Riffhard
May 6th, 2004 11:20 AM
jb God i hope Keith doesn't do it.....he has made enough of a jack-ass of himself these past few years.
May 6th, 2004 11:21 AM
Joey
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Well it's now official. Fox News just showed a blurb about how Johnny Depp has called on his friend Keith Richards to do a walk-on/cameo role in the sequel to Pirates of the Carribean. I know this is rather old news,but it's always nice to see Keith on the news and also nice to see the offer/request made so public. Maybe Keith will take him up on it. I'd love to see him in the role of Jack's long lost pirate father. That role would be just as fitting as Mick's role in the Man From Elaysian(sp?) Fields.

Riffhard

May 6th, 2004 11:40 AM
glencar Has Keith ever done a speaking role before? Why start now?
May 6th, 2004 11:42 AM
LadyJane Did you guys see "Pirates"??

Johnny was slurring like crazy!!

Keith would be perfect! I hope he does it! It'll make Mick nuts!

LJ.
May 6th, 2004 11:43 AM
Main Offender Good God, don't do it Keef.
May 6th, 2004 11:46 AM
jb
quote:
Main Offender wrote:
Good God, don't do it Keef.

Good Posting.
May 6th, 2004 12:07 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Did you guys see "Pirates"??

LJ.

Yes , My Stonesian Princess .............. you raise a lucid , valid and saliant point .

Kudos !

Jazzy !

May 6th, 2004 12:39 PM
Riffhard Oh come on guys. Give an old dog his bone for god's sake. Keith could have a blast doing a little sendup of his own well deserved,and practiced,image. I think that he not only would make a great pirate. I think that he IS a great pirate. I mean Depp didn't get his idea for the role because of Keith's acting chops. He got the inspiration due to Keith's badboy pirate image. I'd like to see Keith play it for all it's worth. I'd be willing to he do a great job of it!

Riffhard
May 6th, 2004 12:44 PM
jb
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Oh come on guys. Give an old dog his bone for god's sake. Keith could have a blast doing a little sendup of his own well deserved,and practiced,image. I think that he not only would make a great pirate. I think that he IS a great pirate. I mean Depp didn't get his idea for the role because of Keith's acting chops. He got the inspiration due to Keith's badboy pirate image. I'd like to see Keith play it for all it's worth. I'd be willing to he do a great job of it!

Riffhard

Excellent posting my George W. Bush , Sean Hannity, Tom Delay loving friend. We(the democrats) could not have possibly chosen a worse candidate to opposw W. The worse it looks for Bush, the higher his poll #'s go....see ya at Too-Jays at the beautiful Regency Plaza next to Woodfield Country Club in luxurious Boca Raton.
May 6th, 2004 12:50 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Excellent posting my George W. Bush , Sean Hannity, Tom Delay loving friend. We(the democrats) could not have possibly chosen a worse candidate to opposw W. The worse it looks for Bush, the higher his poll #'s go....see ya at Too-Jays at the beautiful Regency Plaza next to Woodfield Country Club in luxurious Boca Raton.

Agreed , John Kerry just seems like a loser to me ( skin appears blue , lips purple sometimes -- like somebody just shot himself up with Heroin ( see Lynott , Weller , Townshend at the " Club for Heroes " circa 1980 ) .

Hopefully , the Democratic Convention in Boston this summer will contain a few " Surprises " .

Paging Hillary Clinton ...........................

Al Gore ?!?! .......................................

Developing ................................

Oh , one more thing : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

LBJOEY !
[Edited by Joey]
May 6th, 2004 12:52 PM
jb I would like to see Hilary bitch slap that benedict arnold Dick morris.
May 6th, 2004 01:11 PM
MrPleasant The producers could ask him to do a cameo (i.e. Roger Corman in Silence of The Lambs; Hunter S. Thompson in Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas). Uneventful, recognizable by some, and a good day's pay.
May 6th, 2004 02:27 PM
Riffhard Yeah,jb and Joey I hear ya about Kerry. He is toast. I really don't think enough dems paid attention to who they were nominating. It's like all of the sudden the Dem leadership woke up and said,"Geesh,who is this guy?!"

The good news is that we will continue to have strong leadership in Washington for the next four years as opposed to a guy who blames his wife for the SUV in his driveway! LOL!

Ouch! Sorry fellas!

Riffhard

[Edited by Riffhard]
May 6th, 2004 02:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
The good news is that we will continue to have strong leadership in Washington for the next four years as opposed to a guy who blames his wife for the SUV in his driveway!

Strong leadership? Bush,the Red Ink President?
May 6th, 2004 02:53 PM
Main Offender What's up with these pics in the media of our army abusing the prisoners? Rummy = Dummy?

And I still say, Good God, don't do it Keef.
May 6th, 2004 02:53 PM
jb http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/elections/article.adp?id=20040506071009990024
May 6th, 2004 03:00 PM
Joey

http://www.homunculus.com/eikona/brown.html
May 6th, 2004 03:05 PM
Ben Gurion The alchemist Paracelsus once proposed that he had created a false human being through his science. Called a homunculus, this creature stood no more than 12 inches tall and does the work usually associated with a golem. However, after a short time, the homunculus was known to turn on it's creater and run away. The recipe consisted of a bag of bones, sperm, skin fragments and hair from any animal you wanted it to be a hybrid of. This was to be laid in the ground surrounded by horse manure for forty days, at which point the embryo would form. This supposed beast relied upon the theories of spontaneous generation.
May 6th, 2004 03:12 PM
Riffhard Somehow this story just dosen't seem to play if it were Kerry that was the subject.

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/05/06/loc_moment06.html

In Flint Michigan-"I love your products from this state! My daughter and son both drive SUVs. My wife and I get around in a Suburban."

Two weeks ago on Earth Day-"I don't own a SUV. My family does."

"I voted for the 87 billion before I voted against it."

To an audience of Jewish leaders-"Israel has every right to build a wall of defense against those who wish her harm."

Six weeks later to an audience of Arab Americans-"The security wall,or fence,that Israel is propossing is going to add the resentment and isolation of those on the other side of this wall. It's not the right thing to do."

Yeah,Kerry. Great leader. I guess with him it just depends on which way the wind is blowing. LOL!

Riffhard
May 6th, 2004 03:14 PM
Joey : Called a homunculus, this creature stood no more than 12 inches tall and does the work usually associated with a golem. However, after a short time, the homunculus was known to turn on it's creater and run away. The recipe consisted of a bag of bones, sperm, skin fragments and hair from any animal you wanted it to be a hybrid of. This was to be laid in the ground surrounded by horse manure for forty days, at which point the embryo would form. This supposed beast relied upon the theories of spontaneous generation. "

Yeah , I got your spontaneous generation right HERE :

www.HoweMilitary.com

JJJJJJJJJACKY !
May 6th, 2004 03:15 PM
jb Six weeks later to an audience of Arab Americans-"The security wall,or fence,that Israel is propossing is going to add the resentment and isolation of those on the other side of this wall. It's not the right thing to do."

Say it aint so!!!
May 6th, 2004 03:16 PM
Ben Gurion Josh - I thought Israel was moving to your house?

May 6th, 2004 03:20 PM
Riffhard True story Josh. Crazy huh? The guy is a flip flopper from way back. If you don't like what Kerry stands for wait around a couple of weeks he'll change his mind.

Riffhard
May 6th, 2004 03:38 PM
Joey " The good news is that we will continue to have strong leadership in Washington for the next four years as opposed to a guy who blames his wife for the SUV in his driveway! "

Six Months to go before the Presidential Election and ANYTHING can happen ........................but history shows that WHENEVER an incumbent President ( regardless of party affiliation ) is running for re-election , that year's election result is a complete BLOWOUT !!!!!!! ( See Clinton '92 AND '96 , Reagan '80 AND '84 , Nixon ' 72 , Eisenhower '52 AND '56 , Truman '48 , all of FDR's huge wins .......................etc.

JACKY !

Word ! To Your Momma's !

[Edited by Joey]
May 6th, 2004 03:53 PM
The Eggman Don't forget PHIL COLLINS in HOOK

"Turn it on, turn it on again!..."

urghhhhh
May 6th, 2004 04:26 PM
Martha
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Did you guys see "Pirates"??

LJ.

Damn straight LJ! Perfect indeed! Keef is a shoe in.
;-)
May 6th, 2004 08:36 PM
parmeda I am most definately crossing my fingers in the hopes that Keith will partake, even in the most blink-of-an-eye role, with Depp.

I would even go to say that I could care less if it was a speaking role or not...his presence would be enough!

I keep having this flashback of John Belushi in ANIMAL HOUSE. The man hardly said a word. But when he did...lmao
Not only that, Keith, much like John, could use his facial expressions to do the speaking for him. And, oh yeah...Belushi wore a pirate costume for that parade! His body language along with the raised eyebrow had me roaring.

Keith could do that!
May 6th, 2004 11:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot It's a DISNEY MOVIE about a DISNEY WORLD RIDE. Disney is the home of crappy acting. Johnny Depp is an anomily. No one is expecting Keef to turn in an Academy Award nomination type performance. All he has to do is put on his stage costume, down a bucket of "toxic waste", and just be Keef. Hell, he may not even have to speak....it's just a walk on/cameo.

What's the big deal?

Jagger played a fuckin' drag queen in "Bent"...Keef can't be a damn pirate?
May 7th, 2004 05:49 AM
FotiniD Right on Sir Stonesalot. Keith doesn't need to act, he just needs to be himself!

And we all know if he does get around to saying "yes", someone will turn green

But I couldn't care less of whether he'll be good in acting, or what the reactions will be, all I can think of right now is he'll be GREAT as a pirate and playing Jack Sparrow's dad?! God, we have to get this on screen! Bring it on!

Yo-ho me harties (sp?!), Yo-Ho!!! The pirate's life, Yo-Ho!

KEITH SAY YES!
Page: 1 2 3 4