ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

May 1969... days before passing
Very special thanks to the annonimous donator ;)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jack Sparrow calls out Keef Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
May 7th, 2004 06:11 PM
scratched Don't forget Keith has had a cameo appearance before in Michael Kohlhaas' Der Rebell in 1969 as a man on horseback.

Anyone seen/got this by the way?
May 8th, 2004 12:29 AM
Sir Stonesalot But F505...you are assuming that Keef will make a fool of himself.

I don't think he will because the part will require absolutely nothing of him other than showing up and walking through a scene.

BTW, I really liked "Bent". It was indeed bent. You know, in the US, Pirates Of The Caribbean was #1 at the box office, and also #1 in DVD sales. It was much much more than a cult hit...it was a bona fide blockbuster...and the sequel will do just as well if not better.

I say, let Johnny Depp tip his hat to Keef. Give the kids a flash of that sly Richards smile. Keef is a rock n roll pirate...let him have his minute of on screen fun.
May 8th, 2004 12:37 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy What's next, Bob Dylan as a judge on American Idol?

I think Keith, as a human being, can do whatever Keith wants to do.

I'd *like* him to stop gallavanting about and make some rock'n'roll, sure, but hey, it's his life.

-tSYX --- Everybody's got something to hide...
May 8th, 2004 12:49 AM
Sir Stonesalot No...next is Bob Dylan on an ad for bras & panties.....oh wait, that already happened.

Besides, I thought "galavanting about" was all part of being a rock n roll star...no?

You people are making way to much of this. Keith is going to have a very small walk on/cameo in the movie. It will take him all of a day on location. His on screen time will be under a minute. If he has any dialogue at all it will be a line or two at the most.

He was not offered the part of Jack Sparrow's father...we are assuming that because we see it as a good fit. More than likely, he'll just be a drunk pirate in a bar scene.

He's fuckin' 60 years old...let him have his fun now while he can still enjoy it.
May 8th, 2004 01:21 AM
beer i just saw that pirates movie recently. i liked it, thought it was great actually. nine times outta ten, i usually hate movies, but i really dug that one. i gotta lotta respect for Mr. Depp

i hope he portrays Hunter again!

Whats up with that, SIA??
May 8th, 2004 04:33 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
F505 wrote:
The whole movie thing is silly nonsense that he shouldn't be bothered with...

Take that, Hollywood!
May 10th, 2004 10:36 AM
egon here it is:

keef CAN'T act.

Keef CAN play the guiter, but keef CAN'T act.

I say; keef stick to what you CAN do....

which is playing guitar....

and not acting.
May 10th, 2004 11:57 AM
Sir Stonesalot Wrong. Keith will not be asked to act. He will be asked to put on a costume, walk in front of a camera, and be Keith Richards. That is not acting as far as I'm concerned.

Some people would argue that the entire "Keef" persona is nothing more than an act...that he has been acting his entire life.
May 10th, 2004 12:02 PM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Wrong. Keith will not be asked to act. He will be asked to put on a costume, walk in front of a camera, and be Keith Richards. That is not acting as far as I'm concerned.

Some people would argue that the entire "Keef" persona is nothing more than an act...that he has been acting his entire life.

It became an act circa 88
May 10th, 2004 12:04 PM
Zeeta Life is merely an act my friends...
May 10th, 2004 07:47 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
beer wrote:

i hope he portrays Hunter again!

Whats up with that, SIA??

Difficult to find any hard news beer but it seems "the rum diary" is still in the works - benecio del toro is producing

check out this crazed site (includes a little SC)

http://www.rumdiary.cjb.net/

you might find something amidst the madness

May 10th, 2004 07:50 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Life is merely an act my friends...

*******************SHAKESPEARE ALERT****************

"Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more.It is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Thank You
May 10th, 2004 09:12 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

*******************SHAKESPEARE ALERT****************

"Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more.It is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Thank You

May 10th, 2004 09:52 PM
stonedinaustralia tSYX -

****************BLANK STARE******************

what's the connection??
May 10th, 2004 10:42 PM
corgi37 For Pirates 2, i want Keef and Rupert, from Survivor. Now, there is a big saving on make up for them 2.
May 10th, 2004 10:47 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
tSYX -

****************BLANK STARE******************

what's the connection??

I'm comparing two bards with some of their lighter comedic fare...

...in retrospect, I should have posted "Give My Regards To Broad Street", for there he's actually acting.

(***pause***)

You're giving back the same stare he's giving you!

(***laugh track, cries of relief***)

Thank you.

-tSYX --- Rebel rebel...
May 10th, 2004 11:11 PM
stonedinaustralia tSYX - after i made my post and upon reflection i though it maybe your version of joey's (in)famous

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
May 11th, 2004 01:23 AM
beer The Rum Diary would be a great movie! how could anyone consume that much Rum?? and the ending is totally nuts! i liked that book alot. also been reading a bunch of Bukowski, though I'm not sure if he was a true talent or just a brutally honest piece of shit.

right now though, I'm in a Kerouac obsessive mode. I'm halfway through 'Desolation Angels'. Without doubt, Kerouac is the best writer i know of...
May 11th, 2004 01:54 AM
stonedinaustralia interesting beer - i've had a couple of attempts at getting into Kerouac - "On the Road" is the only one i've made it all the way through

what do you like about him so much??

any recommendations as to what I should have a look at - it's been sometime since i have read anything by him -

i've always loved these passages

"...and I shambled after as I've been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles...."

"At lilac evening I walked with every muscle aching among the lights of 27th and Welton in the Denver colored seciton, wishing I were a Negro, feeling that the best the white world had offered was not enough ecstasy for me, not enough life, joy, kicks, darkness, music, not enough night. . . I wished I were a Denver Mexican, or even a poor overworked Jap, anything but what I was so drearily, a "white man" disillusioned."

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
May 11th, 2004 02:07 AM
beer on the road is usually most peoples intro to Jack. I suggest 'The Dharma Bums'. it is just as good. 'Big Sur' is also great , though it's a bit frightening cuz it documents the end result of drinking too much.
i guess i just like his style of writing more than anything. he had a certain sorta carefree loose style. And it all kinda flows. Like The Stones, in their hey-day. lotsa soul. he pointed out cool stuff in everyday things that most people would miss, or maybe take for granted..
May 11th, 2004 02:11 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
beer wrote:
though it's a bit frightening cuz it documents the end result of drinking too much.

shiver.............

thanks my friend
May 11th, 2004 10:57 AM
Ctiger2 I think Keith should do it if he wants to.

Go for it!
May 11th, 2004 11:07 AM
egon what keef should do is get his ass in the the studio.

although being keef, he can of course do whatever the fuck he wants.
May 11th, 2004 11:51 AM
Sir Stonesalot I don't think it's Keith that we need to worry about getting to the studio...
May 11th, 2004 02:08 PM
gypsy Hey beer! I'm reading Gerald Nicosia's "Critical Biography of Jack Kerouac." It's good so far.
Have you read Carolyn Cassady's bio? It really gives a great perspective of Neal and Jack's relationship with each other and with her. I highly recommend it...it's titled "Off the Road."
May 11th, 2004 02:13 PM
Joey " I'm reading Gerald Nicosia's "Critical Biography of Jack Kerouac."

" It's good so far. "

" Have you read Carolyn Cassady's bio? "

" It really gives a great perspective of Neal and Jack's relationship with each other and with her. I highly recommend it..."

" it's titled "Off the Road."

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Sniggling Jack !

May 11th, 2004 02:44 PM
gypsy F U joey.
May 11th, 2004 02:52 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I'm reading Gerald Nicosia's "Critical Biography of Jack Kerouac."

" It's good so far. "

Joey, when you edit the emoticons that way, it brings me genuine happiness...and I'm serious about that..it's dam good!!!
" Have you read Carolyn Cassady's bio? "

" It really gives a great perspective of Neal and Jack's relationship with each other and with her. I highly recommend it..."

" it's titled "Off the Road."

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Sniggling Jack !

May 11th, 2004 02:58 PM
LadyJane Oh gyps...joey's just jealous because YOU can read!!!

LJ.
May 11th, 2004 02:59 PM
gypsy You two fuckwits need to get some new material. That shit is so fucking played out.
But I still luv you.
Page: 1 2 3 4