ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

May 1969... days before passing
Very special thanks to the annonimous donator ;)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jack Sparrow calls out Keef Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
May 7th, 2004 07:05 AM
fmk438j
Screw this walk on cameo or one line part for Keith.

I wanna see the R rated version where he guts a mutineer with his switch blade.

May 7th, 2004 07:12 AM
nankerphelge I'd like to see a scene with Depp and Keith having a highly-slurred but deep, philosophical discussion, and we the audience cannot understand a fucking thing they say!

That would be classic!

May 7th, 2004 09:47 AM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I'd like to see a scene with Depp and Keith having a highly-slurred but deep, philosophical discussion, and we the audience cannot understand a fucking thing they say!

That would be classic!

May 7th, 2004 09:48 AM
jb Thanks Nanker-THAT WAS VERY FUNNY.
May 7th, 2004 10:57 AM
F505 Keith don't do it!
May 7th, 2004 11:00 AM
Sir Stonesalot F505...I would like to know what your reasoning is for your opinion. Could you explain why not?
May 7th, 2004 11:01 AM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
Keith don't do it!

Thanks for fighting the good fight.....you have shown a lot of courage.
May 7th, 2004 11:05 AM
parmeda Oh, c'mon guys...it would be hysterical!

Besides that, fans such as ourselves would be the only ones to "get it", lol
May 7th, 2004 11:11 AM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Oh, c'mon guys...it would be hysterical!

Besides that, fans such as ourselves would be the only ones to "get it", lol

What the hell is with Moises Alou ?
May 7th, 2004 11:12 AM
parmeda Do you mean his "hands"?

(That's just not normal...)
May 7th, 2004 11:16 AM
F505 That's why:

Though blessed with leading man looks, Keith Richards seldom rose above the supporting ranks -- not even when playing a character designated as "the Leading Man" in 1957's The Buster Keaton Story.
May 7th, 2004 11:18 AM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Do you mean his "hands"?

(That's just not normal...)

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/sports/article.adp?id=20040506162509990001
May 7th, 2004 11:22 AM
parmeda jb...that's not the talk of the town anymore.
(And again...that shit's not normal)
Kinda shocked me to hear it 'cause I really like the guy.

Just yesterday a White Sox fan was shot to death after the game outside by the Cubby Bear Lounge. Talk radio is going ga-ga with it...
May 7th, 2004 11:28 AM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
jb...that's not the talk of the town anymore.
(And again...that shit's not normal)
Kinda shocked me to hear it 'cause I really like the guy.

Just yesterday a White Sox fan was shot to death after the game outside by the Cubby Bear Lounge. Talk radio is going ga-ga with it...

Some people are into certain fetishes that include "Golden Showers", but urinating on one's own hand in order to harden it even strikes me as peculiar. As for the homicide, sadly, Chicago has always been and remains a very dangerous city.....Going to the United Center and getting home alive is a major accomplishment....stay safe Pam.
May 7th, 2004 11:37 AM
parmeda Josh...I was born, raised & will probably die in this city, lol
It's not as bad as you think. Grant it that if you look for trouble, you'll find it. You definately have to have some street-smarts to rough it out though.

I'll be fine, dear...thanks
May 7th, 2004 11:38 AM
Sir Stonesalot >That's why:

Though blessed with leading man looks, Keith Richards seldom rose above the supporting ranks -- not even when playing a character designated as "the Leading Man" in 1957's The Buster Keaton Story. <

What the heck does that have to do with anything?

I don't think you understand what the part in Pirates II is...it's just a quick walk on...a cameo. At the most he'll have one or two lines. HE DOESN'T HAVE TO ACT. All he will have to do is be Keef.

May 7th, 2004 11:46 AM
F505 Thx for explaining...nevertheless he shouldn't do it!
May 7th, 2004 11:52 AM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
Thx for explaining...nevertheless he shouldn't do it!

Billboards Review

Willie Nelson & Friends / May 5, 2004 / Los Angeles (Wiltern Theatre)

When Willie Nelson invites some pals down to play, you can usually expect a few surprises. So when Bob Dylan strolled out to duet with Nelson on Hank Williams' "You Win Again" last night (May 5), the nearly sold-out house leapt to its feet and exploded in glee.

Even without Dylan's unannounced appearance, the bill for Nelson's all-star show would have satisfied almost anyone in the house. The event was taped for a USA Network special premiering on Memorial Day.

A cavalcade of performers representing virtually every imaginable musical genre jammed the stage during the three-hour-plus concert, the third in an annual series of televised Nelson events. Actor James Caan split hosting duties with Nelson. As televised concerts go, the night moved smoothly, with quick set changes and only a few retakes.

Fellow country luminary Merle Haggard and acolyte Toby Keith were ongoing presences during the evening. Keith kicked off the show, backed by the 16-piece house band, dueting on "Georgia on a Fast Train" with Joe Walsh on guitar. Haggard strolled on to join them for "Ramblin' Fever."

Later, the Nelson-Haggard-Keith triumvirate returned to trade verses on Townes Van Zandt's "Poncho & Lefty" (from Merle and Willie's 1983 collaborative album) and Haggard's "Mama Tried," which found the generally outclassed Keith contributing his best singing of the night.

Soul man Al Green brought the audience to its feet with a rip-snorting up-tempo version of Nelson's "Funny How Time Slips Away" (which he first covered in 1973). The Reverend Al's testifying style ("Somebody say yeah!") tore up the crowd in revival-meeting style. He followed it up with a fine version of "Raining in My Heart" from his new Blue Note album, "I Can't Stop."

The ladies in the house all rose to the occasion on duets with Nelson. A playful Shelby Lynne glowed on "One With the Sun" and a jazzy "Stormy Weather," which found her balancing, leg outstretched, like a ballerina behind the mike. Carole King romped through "Will You Love Me Tomorrow?" and Lee Ann Womack showed off her pipes on "I'll Never Be Free." Lucinda Williams traded verses with Nelson on her "Over Time" and Rickie Lee Jones, backed by a trumpeter and beret-wearing standup bassist, swung in neo-beat style through "Nothing Can Be Done."

Nelson also plumbed his rock, reggae, R&B and Tejano roots, most notably during Ben Harper and Nelson shot smoking licks at one another on the Allman Brothers' "Midnight Rider." With Nelson sitting out, Harper backed reggae luminary Toots Hibbert on his classic "Pressure Drop." A few numbers later, Nelson probed his "Opportunity to Cry" with the blues/R&B trio the Holmes Brothers. And he tossed leads back and forth with the Texas trio Los Lonely Boys' young guitarist Henry Garza on a raucous, Jimi Hendrix-styled version of War's "The Cisco Kid."

An abundance of Rolling Stones t-shirts in the house indicated Keith Richards' status as the draw of the night, and he did not disappoint. Taking the stage in a sporty gray fedora and a white shirt open to the waist as the crowd howled, the Stones guitarist strapped on an acoustic and rasped through Waylon Jennings' hit "We Had It All." He dropped into a curtsy in front of Nelson at the end of the number.

The audience was thusly primed for the night's blowout highlight. Richards, Nelson and Haggard grouped behind the grand piano as Jerry Lee Lewis walked from the wings to pound through "Trouble in Mind," with all hands sharing verses.

The inevitable "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On" followed; Kid Rock (who earlier had dueted with Nelson on "Shotgun Willie") clambered atop Lewis' piano and joined the Killer for a bootheels-on-keys duet. It had suddenly become the Jerry Lee Show, but nobody in the theater -- least of all Nelson -- minded in the least.

After a night in the wings, Nelson's Family Band -- including sister Bobbie on piano, drummer Paul English and guitarist Jody Payne -- finally came on board to close the show with the gospel standard "I'll Fly Away" and the perennial "On the Road Again."

Nelson -- who graciously remained on stage to sign autographs for 20 minutes -- was often reduced to playing the role of sideman at his own gig. But his typically low-key and self-effacing performance was a compelling demonstration of his ability to mate himself to any sound or style you can name.

May 7th, 2004 11:54 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

Billboards Review

Willie Nelson & Friends / May 5, 2004 / Los Angeles (Wiltern Theatre)

When Willie Nelson invites some pals down to play, you can usually expect a few surprises. So when Bob Dylan strolled out to duet with Nelson on Hank Williams' "You Win Again" last night (May 5), the nearly sold-out house leapt to its feet and exploded in glee.

Even without Dylan's unannounced appearance, the bill for Nelson's all-star show would have satisfied almost anyone in the house. The event was taped for a USA Network special premiering on Memorial Day.

A cavalcade of performers representing virtually every imaginable musical genre jammed the stage during the three-hour-plus concert, the third in an annual series of televised Nelson events. Actor James Caan split hosting duties with Nelson. As televised concerts go, the night moved smoothly, with quick set changes and only a few retakes.

Fellow country luminary Merle Haggard and acolyte Toby Keith were ongoing presences during the evening. Keith kicked off the show, backed by the 16-piece house band, dueting on "Georgia on a Fast Train" with Joe Walsh on guitar. Haggard strolled on to join them for "Ramblin' Fever."

Later, the Nelson-Haggard-Keith triumvirate returned to trade verses on Townes Van Zandt's "Poncho & Lefty" (from Merle and Willie's 1983 collaborative album) and Haggard's "Mama Tried," which found the generally outclassed Keith contributing his best singing of the night.

Soul man Al Green brought the audience to its feet with a rip-snorting up-tempo version of Nelson's "Funny How Time Slips Away" (which he first covered in 1973). The Reverend Al's testifying style ("Somebody say yeah!") tore up the crowd in revival-meeting style. He followed it up with a fine version of "Raining in My Heart" from his new Blue Note album, "I Can't Stop."

The ladies in the house all rose to the occasion on duets with Nelson. A playful Shelby Lynne glowed on "One With the Sun" and a jazzy "Stormy Weather," which found her balancing, leg outstretched, like a ballerina behind the mike. Carole King romped through "Will You Love Me Tomorrow?" and Lee Ann Womack showed off her pipes on "I'll Never Be Free." Lucinda Williams traded verses with Nelson on her "Over Time" and Rickie Lee Jones, backed by a trumpeter and beret-wearing standup bassist, swung in neo-beat style through "Nothing Can Be Done."

Nelson also plumbed his rock, reggae, R&B and Tejano roots, most notably during Ben Harper and Nelson shot smoking licks at one another on the Allman Brothers' "Midnight Rider." With Nelson sitting out, Harper backed reggae luminary Toots Hibbert on his classic "Pressure Drop." A few numbers later, Nelson probed his "Opportunity to Cry" with the blues/R&B trio the Holmes Brothers. And he tossed leads back and forth with the Texas trio Los Lonely Boys' young guitarist Henry Garza on a raucous, Jimi Hendrix-styled version of War's "The Cisco Kid."

An abundance of Rolling Stones t-shirts in the house indicated Keith Richards' status as the draw of the night, and he did not disappoint. Taking the stage in a sporty gray fedora and a white shirt open to the waist as the crowd howled, the Stones guitarist strapped on an acoustic and rasped through Waylon Jennings' hit "We Had It All." He dropped into a curtsy in front of Nelson at the end of the number.

The audience was thusly primed for the night's blowout highlight. Richards, Nelson and Haggard grouped behind the grand piano as Jerry Lee Lewis walked from the wings to pound through "Trouble in Mind," with all hands sharing verses.

The inevitable "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On" followed; Kid Rock (who earlier had dueted with Nelson on "Shotgun Willie") clambered atop Lewis' piano and joined the Killer for a bootheels-on-keys duet. It had suddenly become the Jerry Lee Show, but nobody in the theater -- least of all Nelson -- minded in the least.

After a night in the wings, Nelson's Family Band -- including sister Bobbie on piano, drummer Paul English and guitarist Jody Payne -- finally came on board to close the show with the gospel standard "I'll Fly Away" and the perennial "On the Road Again."

Nelson -- who graciously remained on stage to sign autographs for 20 minutes -- was often reduced to playing the role of sideman at his own gig. But his typically low-key and self-effacing performance was a compelling demonstration of his ability to mate himself to any sound or style you can name.

What the heck does that have to do with anything?
May 7th, 2004 12:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Why shouldn't Keith step into an acting role? Maybe he doesn't want to but if he did the doors open. If I were the Producer/director/writer I'd strike while the irons hot. Jack Sparrows father would be more than a cameo. I'd rob lots from James Clavelle's books...Tai Pan especially.
May 7th, 2004 12:05 PM
F505 Why shouldn't Keith step into an acting role?

Maybe check out this:
Much more about your favoured actor Keith Richards is waiting for you! Don't miss the Keith Richards pictures, information, photos, posters, wallpapers, biographies, filmographies, galleries and links of our page.
May 7th, 2004 12:35 PM
Poplar
Absolutely!!!! I want the Nanky conversation. something we all have to watch 20 times to understand what is said.

anyone who thinks this is somehow a bad idea needs to lighten up, and put things in a little perspective. In 1972 maybe it would have been weird, but 2004? Shit, we're lucky to even be having the debate. Go for it Keith. Give us something to remember!

oh yeah ... John Kerry? no thanks. John Scary.
May 7th, 2004 12:52 PM
telecaster I want to see Keith act like it is the 1972 tour
May 7th, 2004 12:54 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:
I want to see Keith act like it is the 1972 tour

May 7th, 2004 02:23 PM
Sir Stonesalot F505...I'm still waiting for some sort of good reason from you for Keith not to do a simple little cameo.

Are you afraid that he is going to tarnish his image?

Are you afraid that he will embarrass himself?

Are you afraid that he will damage the reputation of the Rolling Stones?

Do you think a cameo is somehow an insult, or beneath him?

Is the whole movie thing silly nonsense that he shouldn't be bothered with?

Will his hectic shooting schedule interfere with a new Stones album coming out on time?

C'mon man, I'm curious to know why you think this is such a bad idea.
May 7th, 2004 02:30 PM
F505 The whole movie thing is silly nonsense that he shouldn't be bothered with...
May 7th, 2004 02:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh. OK then.

One last question....is it also your opinion that in Mick's case, the whole movie thing is silly nonsense and he shouldn't be bothered?
May 7th, 2004 02:55 PM
F505 Sir Stonesalot: in my opinion Mick as an actor has some talent and Keith, whose verbal qualities are known throughout the world, should stick to his guitar.
May 7th, 2004 03:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot MmmmHmmmm.

I see.

So Keith shouldn't dabble in Mick's domain.

Now we get to the nut of it.

It's OK for Mick to be a drag queen in the movies, but it's not OK for Keith to be a pirate in a kids movie.

OK, I understand completely. Thank you for taking the time to quell my curiosity.
May 7th, 2004 03:47 PM
F505 Yes.... but unfortunately you draw the wrong conclusions. You conclude what you wanna hear. That 'drag queen movie' is still one of the cult movies over here in Europe. I only hope Keith is so wise not to make a fool of himself. But it is not a big issue for me. If he wants to let him go.
Page: 1 2 3 4