ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bush Nears Nixon's Record! (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
12th May 2006 01:17 PM
FPM C10 Bush Nears Record

President just five points away from Nixon's mark

12 May 2006

WASHINGTON, DC -- According to Harris Interactive, President Bush's approval rating now stands at 29 percent. It is the first time the president's popularity has dropped below the 'magic 30 percent' figure in any poll.

Mr. Bush's new low puts him just five percentage points away from the all-time leader, Richard M. Nixon. The legendary Sultan of Sleaze registered an approval rating of just 24 percent in August 1974, days before he resigned in the wake of the Watergate scandal.

Anxious fans are now following the president's every appearance, waiting for history to happen. With a new domestic spying scandal in full swing and Rove indictments on the way, supporters are confident Bush will break the record some time this summer.

However, critics say Mr. Bush's record-breaking effort is tainted by his use of controlled substances in the 1970s and 1980s, which rendered him as simple-minded as a child.

"It's hard to be totally corrupt when you can't even spell 'corrupt'," says one aide, who declined to be named.

Critics also note the president has enjoyed advantages not available to Mr. Nixon. Though both men presided over an unpopular war and a scandal-plagued administration, Bush's quest for the record was aided by his disastrous response to Hurricane Katrina, a trigger-happy vice president, and the most corrupt GOP-lead Congress in more than 100 years.

Officials at Harris Interactive have stated that if the president does surpass Mr. Nixon's mark, there will be no asterisk next to his name in the record books.

"A record is a record, no matter how deplorable," said the spokesman.

http://houseoflabor.tpmcafe.com/node/29782
12th May 2006 01:22 PM
gimmekeef Oh No Not This Again........time out!
12th May 2006 01:24 PM
Nellcote And Billary's butt gets larger by the day...
12th May 2006 01:26 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
And Billary's butt gets larger by the day...

You been peaking?......hell you could show a drive in movie on that ass.....
12th May 2006 01:29 PM
pdog In infalationary term, and the fact that most Americans think Jesus is coming real soon, I'd say Bush is way ahead at being the lowest... Nixon at least had people believing Viet Nam was winnable, at this point only a few die hard Bushies think there a victory coming out of Iraq! Which is why, we must now attack Iran!
12th May 2006 01:31 PM
FPM C10 True! I guess. I really don't look at Hillary's ass. She's the senator from NY, I think, and I'm from PA, so I don't much care how big her butt is.

And this relates to the topic of the thread because....?
12th May 2006 01:32 PM
jb And yet, I predict, we dems make no gains!!! We are truly pathetic and weak!!! We have no one!!! What a spineless party we have become....truly humiliating that we can't do a thing despite , possibly the most corruot administration since Nixon.
[Edited by jb]
12th May 2006 01:33 PM
gimmekeef Well lets start another political pissing match....geez its been at least 10 minutes since the last one...
12th May 2006 01:35 PM
FPM C10

What you mean "we", Kemosabee?
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Well lets start another political pissing match....geez its been at least 10 minutes since the last one...

Is anyone arguing yet??
Dan Less than 30% of Americans are patriotic. At this point most people don't even deserve to have their sorry ass saved by our fearless leader. We should just give up and surrender to Iran right now.
12th May 2006 01:40 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
Less than 30% of Americans are patriotic. At this point most people don't even deserve to have their sorry ass saved by our fearless leader. We should just give up and surrender to Iran right now.

I am very Patriotic and would die for my country....I also feel that you cam disagree with policy and still be patriotic...There is a lot of apathy among today's young people, unlike the 60's. they simply they are unimterested and unconcerned. The only thing that would cause students to uprise as in the 60's, would be a mandatory draft, which I am in fav or of. All of us then will feel the pain of loss...and the people screaming the loudest shouldb e drafted first...
12th May 2006 01:42 PM
BILL PERKS BUSH DOESNT CARE -HE ALREADY GOT REELECTED.
12th May 2006 01:43 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I'd like to see the Generals walk into the Oval Office and arrest the bastard.

Hmmm...nope, don't care much for the "military coup d'etat" option. Retaking control of Congress and then impeachment will suffice.

OR we could just be miserable with a regime which the majority NOW agrees is pathetic and corrupt and bad for America for two more years.

As for posting a political topic - I don't like sports. And it IS fairly newsworthy when the President's ratings get down to where Nixon's were right before he slipped out the back door...

But hey, does that Hillary have a big ass or WHAT?
12th May 2006 01:49 PM
glencar Much of the reason for Bush's current low rating is due to conservative disgust with him. That's what all the chatter's about right now at conservative blogs & boards. He's giving a speech about illegal immigration on Monday night at 8PM. If he sticks with his usual nonsense, watch for even lower ratings!
12th May 2006 01:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Hmmm...nope, don't care much for the "military coup d'etat" option. Retaking control of Congress and then impeachment will suffice.

Technically it wouldn't be a coup d'etat. They swear to uphold the Constitution. When you have a constitutional renegade like Bush it's their duty to remove him.
12th May 2006 01:51 PM
glencar Of course, it would be a military coup d'etat. that would put us on the level of Burkino Faso.
jb
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
BUSH DOESNT CARE -HE ALREADY GOT REELECTED.

Exactlty...these #'s mean nothing...he won, fair and square(this time).....and he can do want he wants..even if it, arguably, breaks the law.(see Hardball last night)
stonedinaustralia Mistah Bush...he dead...
12th May 2006 01:52 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
Of course, it would be a military coup d'etat. that would put us on the level of Burkino Faso.

Are they in The Coalition?
12th May 2006 01:52 PM
glencar Please, we don't comment on your politics. Stick to your own.
12th May 2006 01:53 PM
glencar
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Are they in The Coalition?

No, they're a country that overthrows their leaders on a regular basis. Fiji is in the coalition.
12th May 2006 01:53 PM
Nellcote "True! I guess. I really don't look at Hillary's ass. She's the senator from NY, I think, and I'm from PA, so I don't much care how big her butt is.

And this relates to the topic of the thread because....?"

Just because it's for fair & balanced reporting!
We now return you to your regular programming...
12th May 2006 01:54 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Please, we don't comment on your politics. Stick to your own.

SIA is a great man Glencar!!! Please don't argue with him(consider it a favor).
[Edited by jb]
12th May 2006 01:56 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
"And this relates to the topic of the thread because....?"

Just because it's for fair & balanced reporting!
We now return you to your regular programming...

THAT'S not Fair and Balanced! Hillary's ass is WAY bigger than W's. If they were on a see-saw, he would never touch the ground again!
12th May 2006 01:57 PM
Nellcote Now, that's good ASS talk!
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:

Fiji is in the coalition.

THAT figures!
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

SIA is a great man Glencar!!! Please don't argue with him(consider it a favor).
[Edited by jb]

There's no argument with him, Joshy. I don't like outsiders talking about our gov't.
12th May 2006 01:58 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
There's no argument with him, Joshy. I don't like outsiders talking about our gov't.

Really!!!LOL
12th May 2006 01:58 PM
glencar
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

THAT'S not Fair and Balanced! Hillary's ass is WAY bigger than W's. If they were on a see-saw, he would never touch the ground again!

If she gets the nomination next time around, look forward to Prez McCain. You guys need Gore or that cellular guy from VA.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)