ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bush Nears Nixon's Record! (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
12th May 2006 02:49 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
Thanks! DLM?

"Damned Liberal Media", Glennie. Get WITH it!
12th May 2006 02:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels McCain in 2008? I thought Jeb was next in line. And it probaly would have been Neil if he hadn't got his hand caught in the S&L cookie jar years ago.
12th May 2006 03:06 PM
pdog
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
McCain in 2008? I thought Jeb was next in line. And it probaly would have been Neil if he hadn't got his hand caught in the S&L cookie jar years ago.

His other hand was inside STD ridden Thai hookers too. The funniest thing is he gave his wife the clap, and he later said he didn't know the women were hookers. He thought they just showed up at his hotel room doors looking for sex, so he obliged them. Gotta hand it to the Bush family, they're bold, really bold! And they get away with this stuff.
12th May 2006 03:08 PM
Riffhard
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

"Damned Liberal Media", Glennie. Get WITH it!

Close. Dirty Liberal Media! With thanks to Maxlugar(Great American)!

Riffy
12th May 2006 03:09 PM
Joey " Bush support rating falls to 29 percent: poll 2 hours, 44 minutes ago "

" Only 29 percent of Americans now believe President George W. Bush is doing a good job, according recent poll.

The poll, conducted by the Wall Street Journal, is the latest to indicate a slump in public support for the US leader as his Republican party heads into the campaign for mid-term elections in November.

In the poll, released in the newspaper's online edition, Bush has lost six percentage points in a month.

Iraq remains the main concern. Twenty-eight percent of Americans say it is one of the two most important topics, up from 23 percent in April, followed by immigration (16 percent) and the price of petrol (gasoline) (14 percent).

Only 24 percent of the 1,003 people asked between May 3-8 said they believed the United States was "heading in the right direction". According to the Journal, 69 percent said "things have pretty seriously gotten off on the wrong track".

Bush is closing in on the unpopularity level of President Richard Nixon (24 percent) at the moment of his resignation in 1974 over the Watergate scandal. "

12th May 2006 03:11 PM
glencar
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
His approval rating could go to zero....he'd still be president so who cares about polls?....Didnt one this morning pick Kurt Cobain best rocker ever?..Nov 2008 is the next poll that matters...

Very wise post! And thanks so much for the ATL show! see: PM!
12th May 2006 03:11 PM
pdog What does God have to say about this, or is God not talking to him anymore!
12th May 2006 03:20 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
BUSH DOESNT CARE -HE ALREADY GOT REELECTED.

Perks ........................

You OBVIOUSLY are not a politician .

All these guys ( Republicans ) care about is getting re-elected and in 1974 , it was Nixon's own party ( see : Barry Goldwater ) who told him he must Go -- You see son , they all knew that as long as Nixon remained President NOBODY from the GOP stood a chance in Hell during the '74 Congressional Elections .

JACKY " Call Me ' Jerry ' " FORD !
[ Edited by Tricia ]
[Edited by Joey]
12th May 2006 03:21 PM
Dan
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

The Dems will not run Hillary. Will they? Given their record of shooting themselves in the foot, perhaps they will.

They do just what they did in 2004 and nominate whoever the Republicans tell them to.
12th May 2006 03:25 PM
pdog Wesley Clark is the only person in that party I would vote for.
12th May 2006 03:31 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Dan wrote:

They do just what they did in 2004 and nominate whoever the Republicans tell them to.

Well hell,if that's the case then I demand that the Dems nominate Howard Dean!

But seriously,who do the Dems have? I mean for real? Hillary will NEVER get elected. Kerry? Please! He's another non-electable option. Gore? The guy is insane. So who?

As bad as Bush's numbers are,he is not going to run again. Plus the numbers for Dems in congress are horrible. So,for that matter,are the Republican numbers. However,the Repubs have some very viable canidates. I just don't see any electable canidate from the Dems. So who is it gonna be?

Riffy
12th May 2006 03:32 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

But seriously,who do the Dems have? I mean for real? Hillary will NEVER get elected. Kerry? Please! He's another non-electable option. Gore? The guy is insane. So who?

General Wesley Clark

12th May 2006 03:34 PM
pdog Clark is the only person who I trust in these dangerous times. A miltary person is the person we need, someone who understand diplomacy and knows when to bomb the fuck out of someone, he's perfect!
12th May 2006 03:37 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

General Wesley Clark

Possibly. However,he has alot of skeletons in his closet as well. I mean the guy was fired by Clinton! You know damned good and well that the Clinton Machine will do everything in their power to scuttle his nomination in favor of Hillary. She cannot win. Too polarizing. So the Dems have some serious problems on their hands as well. I do not think that the national Dem party is ready to throw Bubba and Co. overboard just yet,but they may have to in order to get a viable canidate.

Riffy
12th May 2006 03:40 PM
pdog Why was he fired? I'm nor schooled about him as much as I like or should be... But!!! I like what he's saying.
12th May 2006 03:46 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
Why was he fired? I'm nor schooled about him as much as I like or should be... But!!! I like what he's saying.

He was fired for his actions in the Kosovo/Balkan action. Namely for fraternizing with the enemy! There were pictures which surfaced with him trading Military hats with a Serbian General who,at the time,was a known war criminal. Uhhh,how you say? Not a very bright move to say the least.

And make no mistake that Billary's people will do all in their power to shoot him down.

Riffy
12th May 2006 03:51 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

Perks ........................

You OBVIOUSLY are not a politician .

All these guys ( Republicans ) care about is getting re-elected and in 1974 , it was Nixon's own party ( see : Barry Goldwater ) who told him he must Go -- You see son , they all knew that as long as Nixon remained President NOBODY from the GOP stood a chance in Hell during the '74 Congressional Elections .

JACKY " Call Me ' Jerry ' " FORD !
[ Edited by Bebe Rebozo ]
[Edited by Spiro T. Agnew]

That's gold, Joey! GOLD!

You're POSTIN', Baby!
12th May 2006 03:53 PM
Saint Sway FPM,

Chrissie Hynde looks like shit in your sig pic
12th May 2006 04:08 PM
telecaster
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
His approval rating could go to zero....he'd still be president so who cares about polls?....Didnt one this morning pick Kurt Cobain best rocker ever?..Nov 2008 is the next poll that matters...

Great point. Polls mean shit now

When Hillary runs she will turn off the majority of men in the US because once she opens her trap she reminds them of their ex-wife with the shouting

BTW Vegas odds are even now for '08
12th May 2006 04:10 PM
telecaster BTW did this poll have 35% more Dems than Repubs questioned like the last CBS/NY Times poll did last month?
12th May 2006 04:11 PM
gimmekeef The lezzy in Hillary will be her undoing......Closet skeletons await.......
12th May 2006 04:12 PM
Dan I think Mark Warner is very electable. Hell, so is Hillary but the Republicans are so scared of her they will keep screaming "Un-electable" until enough Dems start repeating it. Remember, most people already know if they are voting for a Republican or Democrat so the election is really in the hands of a small percentage of swing voters who rarely base their decisions on any sort of logic.

The biggest problem a Democrat nominee will run into will having to run to the far left during Primary season then back to the center during the general election leaving the nominee already in a vulnerable position.

Even before Katrina I considered Haley Barbour a top tier candidate but apparently he says he isn't running. Jeb Bush's family fortune has been depleted by years in office so he might want to rebuild that rather than jumping into a grueling campaign though if GWB's endorsement is worth anything in 2008, it might come with a price such as Jeb for VP. That will give him 18 months to make some money in the private sector and if the Republicans don't win he may be very well positioned as a front runner for 2012.
12th May 2006 04:19 PM
FPM C10 You're right as usual, Telly. The polls are the invention of the Dirty Liberal Media, which is actually run by Bill Clinton, who is responsible for all of the ills mankind is heir to. In reality a resounding majority of red-blooded Americans agree with everything the President does and has done.

What are the Vegas odds on the Santorum race in PA? Since Ricky can't possibly wash the Bush stink off before November, it's a darned good thing for him that the POTUS is at the height of his popularity!

Man, it's a topsy-turvy world, huh?

OK, time for your "we win election after election! Why Flea why? Tell me why?" speech. Go!

12th May 2006 04:21 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Dan wrote:
I think Mark Warner is very electable. Hell, so is Hillary but the Republicans are so scared of her they will keep screaming "Un-electable" until enough Dems start repeating it. Remember, most people already know if they are voting for a Republican or Democrat so the election is really in the hands of a small percentage of swing voters who rarely base their decisions on any sort of logic.

The biggest problem a Democrat nominee will run into will having to run to the far left during Primary season then back to the center during the general election leaving the nominee already in a vulnerable position.

Even before Katrina I considered Haley Barbour a top tier candidate but apparently he says he isn't running. Jeb Bush's family fortune has been depleted by years in office so he might want to rebuild that rather than jumping into a grueling campaign though if GWB's endorsement is worth anything in 2008, it might come with a price such as Jeb for VP. That will give him 18 months to make some money in the private sector and if the Republicans don't win he may be very well positioned as a front runner for 2012.

Dude, this country will NEVER elect another Bush. Not in a million years, no matter who it was. Plus Jeb has his own closet to deal with - yes, THAT closet. He admitted he never had sex with a woman until he was married. Translation? http://www.howemilitary.com
12th May 2006 04:28 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Dude, this country will NEVER elect another Bush. Not in a million years, no matter who it was. Plus Jeb has his own closet to deal with - yes, THAT closet. He admitted he never had sex with a woman until he was married. Translation? http://www.howemilitary.com

LOL! While I fully agree with you about a Bush never getting into the WH again,I don't think that Jeb is a cock smoker. The guy just happens to be a morally upright guy as far as monogamy goes. Believe it or not these type people do actully exist! The Clinton factor has changed the parameters of what is considered morally acceptable these days. Sad but true.

Riffy
12th May 2006 04:30 PM
FPM C10 Moonie, you have been brainwashed by the Dirty Liberal Media!

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article364316.ece

Jeb would make an "awfully good" president! His dad even said so, and HIS approval rating only went down to 31%!

12th May 2006 04:34 PM
Dan
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on who is opponent is, the circumstances of the time and who is political consultants are. Actually I think Jeb was meant to be President in 2000 but those plans went out the window when he lost the 1994 Florida Governor's race.
12th May 2006 04:39 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

LOL! While I fully agree with you about a Bush never getting into the WH again,I don't think that Jeb is a cock smoker. The guy just happens to be a morally upright guy as far as monogamy goes. Believe it or not these type people do actully exist! The Clinton factor has changed the parameters of what is considered morally acceptable these days. Sad but true.

Riffy

I'm not sure you know what monogamy means, and I'm absolutely positive Clinton didn't change a thing with regards to its acceptibility. I was referring to Jeb's - excuse me, I mean John Ellis Bush's - admission to a particular type of abstinence, which has no moral component as far as 98% of the people on the planet, including yourself, are concerned.

In any event, gay men involved in business or politics often get married as cover, and my guess (and most people's guess) is that is the case here. I would be amazed if it didn't become a campaign issue when he does run.
12th May 2006 04:40 PM
telecaster
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
You're right as usual, Telly. The polls are the invention of the Dirty Liberal Media, which is actually run by Bill Clinton, who is responsible for all of the ills mankind is heir to. In reality a resounding majority of red-blooded Americans agree with everything the President does and has done.

What are the Vegas odds on the Santorum race in PA? Since Ricky can't possibly wash the Bush stink off before November, it's a darned good thing for him that the POTUS is at the height of his popularity!

Man, it's a topsy-turvy world, huh?

OK, time for your "we win election after election! Why Flea why? Tell me why?" speech. Go!

O.K. Republicans win election after election

You guys are already sweating like a Kennedy trying to get car insurance.
12th May 2006 04:46 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

While I fully agree with you about a Bush never getting into the WH again,I don't think that Jeb is a cock smoker. The guy just happens to be a morally upright guy as far as monogamy goes.

I debated Jeb back in college and got to know him despite our age difference. He is many things, but gay ain't one of 'em!!!

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

OK now

Cazart!!!

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)