ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Another Kennedy with a Drinking/Driving "Problem" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
7th May 2006 01:04 PM
Lethargy
quote:
jb wrote:
Bottom line, Fox News , Drudge Report and even so-called lib stations have it as their top story, while another 3 marines were killed today and oil prices keep climbing...it is a great distraction for bush, but like Clinton, and most Prez', his 2nd term will be remebered as a disater....the legacy is gone, and that must hurt the "righties" a lot. O know it still hurt me regarding Clinton, cause absent lying under oath about a BJ, he was such a great Prez...

More specifically, he lied under oath (a crime for which thousands of people are in jail at any given moment in this country), in a sexual harassment case!

If this had been a Republican, the media, and the entire Leftist political machine, would have been outraged, calling him unfit for office. Instead, the leftist propaganda machine launched into their unified soundbite of "it's only part of his PERSONAL life, and doesn't influence his leadership/politics".

Watching and listening to the hypocracy of Democrats during that time is actually partly why I stopped voting Democrat in the late 90s. Up until the Clinton/Gore/Daschle/Gephardt era, I had supported Democrats exclusively.
7th May 2006 03:35 PM
Taptrick
And again, your personal life is entirely relevant when you have to access classified information. If he doesn't remember the evening it's entirely possible he doesn't remember talking to someone at Hawks & Doves who kept asking unusual questions. This is why sleepk walking can qualify as a denial to active duty in the military. If he doesn't remember how does he know he didn't drink?

7th May 2006 08:13 PM
glencar Clearly he was drunk. I think he'll get away with this incident but all other Reps should be forewarned.
7th May 2006 08:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Clearly he was drunk. I think he'll get away with this incident but all other Reps should be forewarned.

Once things go back off the front page it will all go back to business as usual.
7th May 2006 08:47 PM
glencar Of course.
7th May 2006 08:55 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

More specifically, he lied under oath (a crime for which thousands of people are in jail at any given moment in this country), in a sexual harassment case!

When? A jury of his peers says he didn't including ten Republicans.
[Edited by rasputin56]
7th May 2006 11:44 PM
corgi37 I'm sure the right-wingers will offer the same support to Kennedy they gave Limbaugh.
7th May 2006 11:57 PM
jb Leth, as you know I am a moderate dem...and I did point out Clinton lied under oath; however, as a plaintiff's atty(and am proud to be called a "trial lawyer") I have handled or been co-councel in over 100 sexual harassment cases in my 18 plus year career. I have deposed everyone from co-workers, supervisors, managers, CEO's, and of course the alleged tortfeasor. I can tell you. politics aside, that I have caught people in out and out lies to many times to remeber....these are civil suits, and usually once you have the goods(impeachable testimony, inconsistent testimony) the cases settle quickly, or you have insurance comapanies(which over the past 2 decades often exclude this type of coverage)or large comapanies pay out huge jury awards......................and guess what, not once has anyone who lied in any of the cases I handled gone to jail...a few lost their jobs, or were sanctioned by the court, but atleast in civil cases , it is rare the perjured testimony in a sexual harassment case would lead to any jail time....Thank you.
[Edited by jb]
8th May 2006 10:49 AM
Lethargy
quote:
jb wrote:
Leth, as you know I am a moderate dem...and I did point out Clinton lied under oath; however, as a plaintiff's atty(and am proud to be called a "trial lawyer") I have handled or been co-councel in over 100 sexual harassment cases in my 18 plus year career. I have deposed everyone from co-workers, supervisors, managers, CEO's, and of course the alleged tortfeasor. I can tell you. politics aside, that I have caught people in out and out lies to many times to remeber....these are civil suits, and usually once you have the goods(impeachable testimony, inconsistent testimony) the cases settle quickly, or you have insurance comapanies(which over the past 2 decades often exclude this type of coverage)or large comapanies pay out huge jury awards......................and guess what, not once has anyone who lied in any of the cases I handled gone to jail...a few lost their jobs, or were sanctioned by the court, but atleast in civil cases , it is rare the perjured testimony in a sexual harassment case would lead to any jail time....Thank you.
[Edited by jb]

Interesting stuff. I'm not a lawyer, but I've heard the same thing you're saying. From what I understand perjury is one of the stickier areas of the law, hard to prove, challenging to prosecute. And every crime takes a prosecutor willing to pursue the case.

Just ask Barry Bonds. His case has taken an interesting turn lately, namely that they pretty much know he committed perjury in his grand jury testimony last year (or year before?). However, it doesn't appear likely he'll be prosecuted for it.

Thanks for the details from the inside. I do appreciate the fact that you're a reasonable and/or moderate dem which is why I'm always interested in your take on these things.
8th May 2006 11:15 AM
jb Bonds is a good example...impossible to prove. Sadly, the guy ruined the joy out of breaking the records b/c he has been so press/fan unfreindly, that no one wants to give him the benefit of the doubt......rough justice!!!
8th May 2006 11:17 AM
Saint Sway benefit of the doubt????!?!?!?!??? WTF?? Bonds head is the size of a medicine ball!!!!
8th May 2006 12:16 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
benefit of the doubt????!?!?!?!??? WTF?? Bonds head is the size of a medicine ball!!!!

He refused to sign #713 obtained by a airforce serviceman, but shook his hand....he is apparently having a reality series filmed as well as a release was required to be signed...
8th May 2006 02:12 PM
pdog Does anyone know how many Kennedy's there are?
8th May 2006 03:23 PM
sirmoonie I like those pilots who fly large commercial aircraft drunk, careening around the clouds all fucked up, flipping buttons and pegging LEDS, singing into the intercom and stuff.

I have a friend who is an ex-stew, and she says pilots, especially ex-military ones, routinely get kong-hammered and fly the next day obviously still drunk. At least they did when she was in the industry circa 1990-1995.
8th May 2006 03:36 PM
sirmoonie Drunken boating is fun too, and its very hard to get busted doing it. You have to like fucking run aground shouting "Thar she blows!" or crash into a dock full of orphans or something to get a BUI.
8th May 2006 03:54 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Drunken boating is fun too, and its very hard to get busted doing it. You have to like fucking run aground shouting "Thar she blows!" or crash into a dock full of orphans or something to get a BUI.

In Florida they really crack down on BUI..............>
8th May 2006 03:58 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

In Florida they really crack down on BUI..............>

Do you have a boat?

I bought one this winter, can hardly wait take it out and get blitzed with some friends.
8th May 2006 04:04 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Do you have a boat?

I bought one this winter, can hardly wait take it out and get blitzed with some friends.

No...I suffer from Motion sickness..even on large boats...Enjoy.
8th May 2006 04:09 PM
lotsajizz I love boating. I used to work on a lobster boat summers from high school through law school. And on R.I.'s Narragansett Bay they really crack down on drunk boaters. Indeed, Patrick got busted for that ten years ago or so....chiba instead

8th May 2006 04:16 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I love boating. I used to work on a lobster boat summers from high school through law school. And on R.I.'s Narragansett Bay they really crack down on drunk boaters. Indeed, Patrick got busted for that ten years ago or so....chiba instead

UM in trouble in all sports!!! We even suck in baseball now!!!!
8th May 2006 04:45 PM
lotsajizz football team will be no less than #2 this year...

8th May 2006 04:46 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
football team will be no less than #2 this year...

Kyle Wright=bust..plus no big play reciecers in a long time....UM baseball 30-16...losing ev ery series to ranked teams..Basketball underachieved again....!!!!
8th May 2006 04:55 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:

No...I suffer from Motion sickness..even on large boats...Enjoy.

I do too. I have to take Dramamine whenever I go boating.
They are very strict around here when it comes to BUI's as well. As a matter of fact, the Lake Patrol is very annoying.
8th May 2006 05:30 PM
rasputin56
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
"Thar she blows!"

Another thing Republicans have problems with.
8th May 2006 10:25 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

Kyle Wright=bust..plus no big play reciecers in a long time....UM baseball 30-16...losing ev ery series to ranked teams..Basketball underachieved again....!!!!

The Nets handed it to you guys. Any team with perennial ball-hucking hacks like Antoine Walker and Gary Payton is destined to go nowhere. Why Riley picked them up, we will never know.
9th May 2006 10:06 AM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

The Nets handed it to you guys. Any team with perennial ball-hucking hacks like Antoine Walker and Gary Payton is destined to go nowhere. Why Riley picked them up, we will never know.

100% correct Sir!!! Riles made a deal with the Devil, and we went from 2 minutes from the finals last year, to be eliminated in 5 by the Nets...Shaq and Wade have absolutely no help...Shaq also needs to adjust and stop getting into fowl troublr in the first 2 minutes....while he is no longer in his orime, he is still the most dominate force on the court when he is out there....Riley , ino, forced Van Gundy out as he thought he would get that final elusive championship...instead, we became worse and wasted another year of Shaq...very similar what happened to marino...Johnson fucked up the offense so much, that Dan had no one and eventually his skills declined when they finally had a defense...................................I am very disapointed today...but it's only sports..fuck em all...they, like the Srtones, could give a rats ass about us...
9th May 2006 10:30 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

100% correct Sir!!! Riles made a deal with the Devil, and we went from 2 minutes from the finals last year, to be eliminated in 5 by the Nets...Shaq and Wade have absolutely no help...Shaq also needs to adjust and stop getting into fowl troublr in the first 2 minutes....while he is no longer in his orime, he is still the most dominate force on the court when he is out there....Riley , ino, forced Van Gundy out as he thought he would get that final elusive championship...instead, we became worse and wasted another year of Shaq...very similar what happened to marino...Johnson fucked up the offense so much, that Dan had no one and eventually his skills declined when they finally had a defense...................................I am very disapointed today...but it's only sports..fuck em all...they, like the Srtones, could give a rats ass about us...

Thats why I am a lifetime Pittsburgh Steelers fan. They love us, which in turn makes us better and mopre valuable human beings than everyone else. We are so great.
9th May 2006 10:56 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I do too. I have to take Dramamine whenever I go boating.
They are very strict around here when it comes to BUI's as well. As a matter of fact, the Lake Patrol is very annoying.

www.Nebraskacoeds.com

9th May 2006 11:22 AM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

www.JoeyIsGay.com

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)