ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Another Kennedy with a Drinking/Driving "Problem" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
5th May 2006 11:09 AM
jb
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Have you been hitting the Ambien cocktails, too, this a.m.?

The "never been a president so harassed" line was brilliant though. Brilliant. And with a straight face, no less.

Thge thing is,are many posts on all these aboards about getting fucked up ...? If zanything, if Pat was dui, I would think he would fit right in....and shit, he only hit a concrete barrier..not his best friend..

Most harassed....Yeh, Clinton was only impeached by Congress fopr lying under aoth about a blow job....but lying about WMD, outing CIA agentsw, skewing intelligence to justify a war, oil prices at a all time high(and hilarioulsy, the big oil guy Bush calling for consevationalism), all are so less serious.............lets be fair and bvalanced (see Fox news), this has been the most corrupt adm in hiostory)

PS-sorry for thr poor typing, Iw as out until 3 gettting drunk of my ass clebrating cinco de maypo..which I bet you cpoonsevativera are noew protestijg...I love it!!!
5th May 2006 11:10 AM
Riffhard
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Dude, you are soooo easily riled. It's practically a thing of beauty.

Thanks anyways but Barney doesn't do a lot for me, but if you're looking for some fun this weekend you could always try Mehlman, Drier or Drudge.

I won't bother to list the fucktard morons who lead your party because I'm sure you know who they are.

I'm not riled! LOL! Not at all. It's a comedic give and take with you big fella! As for leading Republicans? Some of them have me furious as hell. I am sick of them pandering on shit like illegal immigration to cater to the "so called" Hispanic vote. As if Hispanics are just one distinct group! Both parties pull this kind of shit though. I'm just frustrated to see the GOP doing it.

I'm pissed that they drifted far from true "conservativism". If the Repubs could nominate another canidate in the mold of Reagan then I would be happy. George Allen is the closest thing to Ronald Reagan and he's already got many in the Dem party worried. I have faith that the GOP will get it's collective shit together before this country ever refers to Hillary "Cankles" Clinton as Mrs. President. That day would truly destroy this country. And,yes,I really believe that.

Riffy
5th May 2006 11:16 AM
rasputin56 Hey, just checking but was that George Allen comment part of the the comedic give and take because that was fucking hysterical?!

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Hillary will not be the nominee. She's only a wet dream for the Republican lackofintelligentsia.
5th May 2006 11:17 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Ronald Reagan didn't reduce the size or power of the federal government either.
5th May 2006 11:27 AM
rasputin56
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Ronald Reagan didn't reduce the size or power of the federal government either.

But he did save a bundle on his car insurance.
5th May 2006 11:30 AM
Riffhard
quote:
jb wrote:

Most harassed....Yeh, Clinton was only impeached by Congress fopr lying under aoth about a blow job....but lying about WMD, outing CIA agentsw, skewing intelligence to justify a war, oil prices at a all time high

If Bush lied about WMDs,than is it safe to say that French Intel,Israel's Mossad,Russin Intel,Spainish Intel,and the UN itself lied too? Because they all said the exact same thing that the Bush Admin did. It was intel that was handed to the Bush admin from the outgoing Clinton admin. So does that mean that Clinton lied too?

Clinton was NOT impeached for a blowjob! This is one of the biggest lies ever hoisted up by liberals! Let's remember a couple of things shall we? You know,like facts! Bill Clinton was involved in a sexual harrasment lawsuit brought by Paula Jones. This lawsuit coming on the heels of at least three other sexual scandals involving Bubba. During the trial he started to have an affair with a 21 year old intern,Monica Lewinsky. Linda Tripp,a woman who was completely villified,became aware of this affair and was concerned that the most powerful man in the world was using his power to take advantage of "that woman",Miss Lewinsky. As news of the Lewinsky scandal hit the Drudge Report(because Newsweek and the Washinton Post were sitting on it)Clinton obstructed justice by coaching Lewinsky on her testimony,and other in his inner ciircle like his secretary,and others. Then he,himself,lied about it so has to cover his ass for the Jones trial. So he knowingly commited perjury to avoid the scandal. Now fast forward and liberals would have the whole world believe that Republicans were on some kind of political witch hunt! That's bullshit and does not jibe with the facts at all. It was a Clinton created scandal,and he got caught trying lie about it. Period. The end.

Oh,and one more thing. If Linda Tripp had been a "good" liberal,and Clinton had been an "evil" Republican she would have been hailed as an heroic "whistle blower",but alas,poor Linda,even though she was and is a liberal,she tried bringing down the Liberal's Golden Boy. So she has been villified. Typical liberal double standard.

I won't get into the "big oil" debate other than to say that Oil Companies make less than 9 cents on a barrel,and the federal goverment taxes around 53 cents on the barrel. So the gougers would appear to be the goverment more than "big oil".

Riffy
5th May 2006 11:35 AM
rasputin56
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

If Bush lied about WMDs,than is it safe to say that French Intel,Israel's Mossad,Russin Intel,Spainish Intel,and the UN itself lied too? Because they all said the exact same thing that the Bush Admin did. It was intel that was handed to the Bush admin from the outgoing Clinton admin. So does that mean that Clinton lied too?

Clinton was NOT impeached for a blowjob! This is one of the biggest lies ever hoisted up by liberals! Let's remember a couple of things shall we? You know,like facts! Bill Clinton was involved in a sexual harrasment lawsuit brought by Paula Jones. This lawsuit coming on the heels of at least three other sexual scandals involving Bubba. During the trial he started to have an affair with a 21 year old intern,Monica Lewinsky. Linda Tripp,a woman who was completely villified,became aware of this affair and was concerned that the most powerful man in the world was using his power to take advantage of "that woman",Miss Lewinsky. As news of the Lewinsky scandal hit the Drudge Report(because Newsweek and the Washinton Post were sitting on it)Clinton obstructed justice by coaching Lewinsky on her testimony,and other in his inner ciircle like his secretary,and others. Then he,himself,lied about it so has to cover his ass for the Jones trial. So he knowingly commited perjury to avoid the scandal. Now fast forward and liberals would have the whole world believe that Republicans were on some kind of political witch hunt! That's bullshit and does not jibe with the facts at all. It was a Clinton created scandal,and he got caught trying lie about it. Period. The end.

Oh,and one more thing. If Linda Tripp had been a "good" liberal,and Clinton had been an "evil" Republican she would have been hailed as an heroic "whistle blower",but alas,poor Linda,even though she was and is a liberal,she tried bringing down the Liberal's Golden Boy. So she has been villified. Typical liberal double standard.

I won't get into the "big oil" debate other than to say that Oil Companies make less than 9 cents on a barrel,and the federal goverment taxes around 53 cents on the barrel. So the gougers would appear to be the goverment more than "big oil".

Riffy

Isn't it wonderful how they have their rationalization down pat?

Just for kicks, who was the money man behind Paula Jones and her nose, et al.?
5th May 2006 11:47 AM
glencar
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
All the Kennedy's aren't that bad. JFK Jr. was the one to watch for President though. I still don't believe that plane crash was accidental.

It wasn't accidental? What was it then?
5th May 2006 11:55 AM
rasputin56 And on "Big Oil", Jabba's boys made 8.4 Billion profit the 1st quarter. Is the 9 cents figure on barrels or gallons because that comes out to 93 billion of either barrels or gals.? Are these guys still getting corporate welfare, too? Good deal and good for America because high fuel prices really doesn't affect the entire economy too much. Either way, at least with the tax, we all are supposedly getting something from it like decent roads, bridges to nowhere, etc.
5th May 2006 11:59 AM
Riffhard
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Isn't it wonderful how they have their rationalization down pat?

Just for kicks, who was the money man behind Paula Jones and her nose, et al.?

Now that's rich! You accuse me of rationalizing,and then in the very next sentance you make a claim of conspiracy about Bubba's sexual idiocy! Who's foolin' who here Raspy? Bubba brought the whole ugly episode on himself! Did the Republicans help Paula Jones out? Hells yes they did! The Dems would have done the exact same thing,and you know it! That does not mean that she was lying though! Nor does it mean that Kathleen Wiley,or Juanita Broadrick were lying either! In fact the only proven liar in the whole episode was your hero Bubba Clinton!

Blame the GOP all you want,but it wasn't the Republican party who shoved a cigar in Monica's snatch! I also love all this conspiracy talk when you take into account that every woman that Clinton sexually abused or used were all liberal Democrats! Hell even that heroic whistle blower,Linda Tripp was a liberal Democrat! But somehow,you try and persuade people that it was all a "vast rigtht wing conspiracy"!

Who's rationalizing here Raspy? Sure as hell isn't me! I know the truth. You try and rewrite history.

Riffy
5th May 2006 12:07 PM
gimmekeef An awlful lot of energy is used up here..trying to convince people to view things in a way..their mind wont allow...on both sides.....Futile guys!
5th May 2006 12:07 PM
Riffhard
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
And on "Big Oil", Jabba's boys made 8.4 Billion profit the 1st quarter. Is the 9 cents figure on barrels or gallons because that comes out to 93 billion of either barrels or gals.? Are these guys still getting corporate welfare, too? Good deal and good for America because high fuel prices really doesn't affect the entire economy too much. Either way, at least with the tax, we all are supposedly getting something from it like decent roads, bridges to nowhere, etc.

Huh,yeah! It's called capitalism! It's also called supply and demand! Are you suggesting that oil companies make no profit because you deem that profit to be too big? Take a look at the profit margins for other major industries. Oil companies make less profit persentage wise than many industries. They reap huge profits because gasoline is a commodity that people need every single day. Can't very well tar and feather them for that. I will say that the golden parachute that Jabba got was shit public relations though. Hey maybe if we could ever pump the oil that we have in our own backyard or refine oil we would see the prices fall. I mean that's what all the experts say anyway,but for some reason a certain poitical party has put the breaks on any of those plans for over thirty years now.

Riffy
5th May 2006 12:11 PM
rasputin56 Bwahahahahahaha, too easy as your buddy Tele would say.

The Repubs certainly didn't stick the cigar but they certainly wouldn't/didn't stop until they made sure the whole world did. It is kind of funny that all these alleged incidents occurred years before he was President but all of a sudden with the lure of a little plastic surgery they come out of the woodworks.

BTW, what was proven? Did I miss Clinton convicted of something?

BBTW, what exactly is the definition of "liberal Democrat"? Is that different from regular "Democrat"? It's used so often by noise machine and is pinned on just about everyone who may not be swilling the koolaid and was curious. Thanks.

5th May 2006 12:19 PM
Saint Sway I'm glad that Keith & Ronnie no longer drive.
5th May 2006 12:25 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Huh,yeah! It's called capitalism! It's also called supply and demand! Are you suggesting that oil companies make no profit because you deem that profit to be too big? Take a look at the profit margins for other major industries. Oil companies make less profit persentage wise than many industries. They reap huge profits because gasoline is a commodity that people need every single day. Can't very well tar and feather them for that. I will say that the golden parachute that Jabba got was shit public relations though. Hey maybe if we could ever pump the oil that we have in our own backyard or refine oil we would see the prices fall. I mean that's what all the experts say anyway,but for some reason a certain poitical party has put the breaks on any of those plans for over thirty years now.

Riffy

You use your talking points well, grasshopper. Just so we're clear, it's OK that the oil companies make ungodly profits that may in turn have a tremendously adverse effect on its economy which in turn would weaken the country? So much for America first, right?

Second, I didn't know guys like Jeb Bush were Democrats, too? Damn not drilling off Florida. And yes, if only we told the caribou to go fuck themselves, we could fill our swimming pools with crude. Refineries? The lack of them here can only be blamed on the companies themselves. It's also kind of funny that the Republicans are so quick to blame the Dems for high prices when the Republicans have ruled virtually unopposed for 5 years and yet the price per gal. has doubled since last there was a Dem in the WH. I wonder why so many Republicans are in the oil business and who's benefitting the most?

Ahh, I'm tired and it's a beautiful day. I think I'll call it a day. Enjoy.
[Edited by rasputin56]
5th May 2006 12:26 PM
lotsajizz Rasputin56, you are really POSTIN' lately!!

carry on

5th May 2006 12:31 PM
glencar Please. The Kennedys are an incredibly corrupt family that has hurt this country. I just saw "Nixon" last night & what they did to that poor man was inhuman.
5th May 2006 12:33 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
glencar wrote:
Please. The Kennedys are an incredibly corrupt family that has hurt this country. I just saw "Nixon" last night & what they did to that poor man was inhuman.

I'm sorry...you must have mis-typed.....Nixon WAS inhuman?

Oh yes. Quite so.

5th May 2006 12:34 PM
gimmekeef Poor Nixon?....post of the century!.....At least we can laugh huh>?
5th May 2006 12:43 PM
glencar
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Poor Nixon?....post of the century!.....At least we can laugh huh>?

Actually, the film was somewhat sympathetic towards Nixon. Considering that Oliver Stone directed it, that's something!

PS Check PM!
5th May 2006 12:45 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
It's funny how everyone spews the party line hate mantras... Yet!
These people are working PR machines, that just gets regurgitated here.
Cheney got drunk and shot a guy in the face hunting, now we got a Kennedy possible DUI.
The only difference is which side you're on...
For the most part these people are above the law as long as The PR machines and bullshit rehetoric keeps them one step ahead.
Everyone is retarded in this thread. Seriously mentally challenged.

Good point. This Patches guy obviously has issues with anger management & drinking but so do many other people. While I don't think he should get away with DUI, this isn't exactly the year's biggest scandal.
5th May 2006 12:47 PM
jb Bottom line, Fox News , Drudge Report and even so-called lib stations have it as their top story, while another 3 marines were killed today and oil prices keep climbing...it is a great distraction for bush, but like Clinton, and most Prez', his 2nd term will be remebered as a disater....the legacy is gone, and that must hurt the "righties" a lot. O know it still hurt me regarding Clinton, cause absent lying under oath about a BJ, he was such a great Prez...
5th May 2006 12:57 PM
glencar Joshy, I agree that Bush's presidency is teetering right now but calling Bubba a great president is silly. He was on the underside of mediocre & the whole Lewinsky thing trhew him in the trash.
5th May 2006 12:58 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, I agree that Bush's presidency is teetering right now but calling Bubba a great president is silly. He was on the underside of mediocre & the whole Lewinsky thing trhew him in the trash.

Please Glencar, aside from the Lewinsky thing, look at what he accomplished..!!!! he was simply the best since FDR!!!
5th May 2006 01:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels This ought to be a fun to watch election year. My guess is that the Dems will take the House and the Reps retain control of the Senate. Most of our (Maine) canditates for national office are shoe ins. But it might be a tight Governor's race if the Reps run someone decent against Baldacchi.
5th May 2006 01:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
5th May 2006 03:40 PM
sirmoonie "I simply do not remember getting out of bed or being pulled over by police..."

Hey, the man has his faults, primary amongst them that he is a Kennedy. But flat cold bang, man, that is one classic line! Keith, eat your heart out, baby!
5th May 2006 03:41 PM
Nellcote Rep. Kennedy entering rehab after crash

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. Rep. Patrick Kennedy said Friday that he will enter a drug rehabilitation program after crashing his car on Capitol Hill a day earlier.

"I know that I need help," he said at an afternoon press conference, detailing what he called a long-term struggle with addiction.

"I struggle every day with this disease, as do millions of Americans," he said.

He said he had been in the Mayo Clinic during the congressional recess at Christmas and returned "reinvigorated and healthy."

Kennedy, 39, said that he had no recollection of the events surrounding the crash into a barricade on Capitol Hill early Thursday.

Police labor union officials said earlier that officers were told not to give the Rhode Island Democrat a sobriety test after his traffic mishap.

Superiors told the officers instead to drive Kennedy home after the accident early Thursday, according to Greg Baird, acting chairman of the U.S. Capitol Police union, who called for an inquiry.

The Capitol Police said Friday that it's investigating the accident, the procedures followed and whether the evidence would support traffic charges.

Kennedy, son of Sen. Ted Kennedy, said Thursday he was apparently disoriented by prescription medication when he crashed his car.

The lawmaker said police drove him home afterward but that he did not "ask for any special consideration."

Asked if he thought he got preferential treatment, Kennedy said, "That's up for the police to decide, and I'm going to cooperate fully with them."

Police reported seeing Kennedy's car swerve before the crash.

The police report, seen by CNN, includes an observation that Kennedy appeared to have been drinking and his ability was impaired.

"At no time before the incident did I consume any alcohol," Kennedy said in a statement Thursday.

The report shows Kennedy was cited for three infractions -- failure to keep a proper lane, unreasonable speed and failure to give full time and attention to the operation of a vehicle.

According to the report, Sgt. Kenneth Weaver said he saw Kennedy's vehicle "traveling at a high rate of speed in a construction zone and also swerving into the wrong lane of travel" with its lights off.

Weaver said Kennedy's vehicle hit a curb and swerved back into the wrong lane. He said he was driving east and used "evasive maneuvers in order to avoid a collision" with Kennedy's car.

The officer said he turned around and pursued Kennedy, whose car did not stop but did slow, "finally stopping after colliding head-on with a vehicle barrier."

The report said that when Weaver approached Kennedy he noticed that his "eyes were red and watery, speech was slightly slurred, and upon exiting his vehicle, his balance was unsure."

Officers at the scene said he appeared intoxicated, law enforcement and congressional officials said.

Baird said when two sergeants arrived at the accident scene after the initial two officers, they conferred with the watch lieutenant on duty.

Afterward, the sergeants told the other officers to drive Kennedy home. His car had been damaged, police said.

"I think he was extended a courtesy by virtue of his position," union President Lou Cannon told CNN. Cannon was not at the scene of the crash.

Capitol Police declined CNN's request for an interview Friday.

Lawmaker says medications caused him to be 'disoriented'
In a statement issued late Thursday after the initial media reports of the mishap, Kennedy said that he had returned home after final votes in the House of Representatives around midnight Wednesday and taken "the prescribed amount" of sleep aid Ambien and an anti-nausea drug.

The lawmaker identified that drug as Phenergan, "which in addition to treating gastroenteritis, I now know can cause drowsiness and sedation."

"Sometime around 2:45 a.m., I drove the few blocks to the Capitol complex believing I needed to vote," he said. "Apparently, I was disoriented from the medication."

CNN's Ted Barrett and Brian Todd contributed to this report

For all of you outside The PROM (Peoples Republic of Massachusetts) while this is tragic, for us here, it's just another in a long line of Kennedy problems, which are more commonplace than sporadic, and not surprising with their frequency. As I noted yesterday, this guy's gene pool was doomed from birth, as they all are. Here's hoping he gets the help he needs.

[Edited by Nellcote]
5th May 2006 03:51 PM
sirmoonie I simply do not remember getting out of bed or puking all over my neighbor's gardenias.
5th May 2006 04:06 PM
sirmoonie I simply do not remember getting out of bed or spilling jalapeno cheese sauce all over your sister's dress.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)