ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAΡOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Another Kennedy with a Drinking/Driving "Problem" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
5th May 2006 04:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Been there, heard that, didn't buy the excuse
By DOUG THOMPSON
May 5, 2006,
Capitol Hill Blue

My, my. Another Kennedy bombed out of his gourd crawls into a car and crashes. How original.

But U.S. Rep. Patrick Kenney's pathetic tale of getting stoned on prescription medication and crashing his car into a Capitol Hill barrier at 2:45 a.m. because he thought he needed to vote on the House floor sounds a lot like the many different excuses his daddy used many years ago to try and explain his drunken behavior the night he drove off a bridge and swam to safety while one of his girlfriends drowned.

Capitol Police officers say their superiors ordered them to stop investigating the accident and to drive the stoned Patrick Kenney home. Their bosses refused to allow a sobriety test on young Kennedy. Kennedy was cited for three minor traffic violations but, without a sobriety test, he evaded charges for the more serious infraction of driving under the influence.

Kenedy claims he took Phenergan, a prescribed anti-nausea medication, as well as Ambien, prescription sleeping pills. Phenergan is sometimes used as an antihistamine, a sedative or a sleep aid. Both drugs had been prescribed by the attending physician of the Capitol, who hands out powerful prescription drugs like candy to any lawmaker who asks for them. The Phenergan, Kennedy claimed, was prescribed this week as treatment for a gastrointestinal problem and he claimed the Ambien had been "prescribed by the attending physician some time ago" to help him sleep.

"Following the last series of votes on Wednesday evening," Kenendy said in a prepared statement released many hours after the Thursday morning crash, "I returned to my home on Capitol Hill and took the prescribed amount of the two drugs. Some time around 2:45 a.m. I drove the few blocks to the Capitol complex believing I needed to vote. Apparently, I was disoriented from the medication."

His "disorientation" led him to almost crash into a Capitol Hill police car and then to try and elude police before crashing his Mustang into a barrier.

Those who know Patrick Kennedy best say disorientation is business as usual. The Rhode Island congressman is known as a lightweight, even by Kennedy standards, and often appears under the influence of drugs or booze or both.

So it's not surprising he drove his car into a barrier in the wee hours of the morning while thinking he needed to vote in a House that wasn't in session. Hell, some say Kennedy has trouble finding the House floor in daylight hours.

This tawdry tale tells us a lot about how Capitol Hill works.

This is, after all, the Capitol Hill where all a member of Congress has to do to get drugs is call up the attending physician's office and ask for them. No exam, no appointment and, of course, the drugs are free.

And this is the Capitol Hill patrolled by the politicized Capitol Police, a department where kid gloves replace nightsticks and certain members of Congress get preferential treatment. I say certain because a rich white boy like Pat Kennedy gets a ride home while a mouthy black woman like Cynthia McKinney gets pushed around because runs into some cops who just don't like black women with attitude.

Some now raise questions on whether or not Kennedy got preferential treatment.

Of course he did.

An ordinary citizen gets handcuffed, blood tested and forced to prove in court whether or not he was drunk or stoned and why.

But not on Capitol Hill where ordinary rules do not apply and the laws that affect the rest of us don't apply to the elected officials.

And Patrick Kennedy has two get out of jail free cards. He's a member of Congress and a member of a political family known for raising troublemakers who disobey the law at will and escape punishment.

Another Kennedy, another late-night car crash, another lame excuse.

At least this time nobody died
5th May 2006 06:43 PM
glencar Man, that's one sorry excuse. At least he's getting the help he needs.
5th May 2006 06:45 PM
glencar
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
This ought to be a fun to watch election year. My guess is that the Dems will take the House and the Reps retain control of the Senate. Most of our (Maine) canditates for national office are shoe ins. But it might be a tight Governor's race if the Reps run someone decent against Baldacchi.

Your guess is at odds with most political handicappers. The Senate is more likely to change hands in any given election but even more likely these days because of district lines.
5th May 2006 06:45 PM
glencar And will Little Rhody get so disgusted with Patches's behavior that they'll toss his ass out?
5th May 2006 07:11 PM
Dan
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I simply do not remember getting out of bed or spilling jalapeno cheese sauce all over your sister's dress.

I simply do not remember chopping fresh jalapenos. Until I took a piss.
5th May 2006 07:12 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
glencar wrote:
And will Little Rhody get so disgusted with Patches's behavior that they'll toss his ass out?

My State will make up its own mind based on what Patrick (get it straight, dickhead) does for us--the rest of you can fuck off to yer' GOP fantasies...

5th May 2006 07:20 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

My State will make up its own mind based on what Patrick (get it straight, dickhead) does for us--the rest of you can fuck off to yer' GOP fantasies...

Nothing pissier than an angry young liberal. Buck up young un! You got Howard Dean to steer you to victory! Yeeeehow!!!!

Riffy
5th May 2006 07:41 PM
lotsajizz I am no 'liberal' you unAmerican phalangist.

5th May 2006 08:02 PM
Riffhard phalangist

\Pha*lan"gist\, n. (Zo["o]l.) Any arboreal marsupial of the genus Phalangista. The vulpine phalangist (P. vulpina) is the largest species, the full grown male being about two and a half feet long. It has a large bushy tail.

Hmmm,I can't say as I have ever been called a phalangist! If I were one though I would no doubt throw feces in your general direction. I still love ya though Jizzy! In fact I get the distinct feeling that we would have one hell of time powering down some Guinnesses together. Call me nuts,but I think dat yes I do!

Riffy

5th May 2006 08:05 PM
lotsajizz I'm a Hennessey man myself.....Bushmills if the situation is right.....I have a small bladder so I likes me booze concentrated...and yes, I can drink and toke with 'em from all over the spectrum....from Pat Buchanan (who has MANY good ideas) to Jerry Brown (who has some too)

5th May 2006 08:06 PM
lotsajizz btw, the Phalangists were Salazar's ruling party in Portugal for most of the last century
5th May 2006 08:17 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I'm a Hennessey man myself.....Bushmills if the situation is right.....I have a small bladder so I likes me booze concentrated...and yes, I can drink and toke with 'em from all over the spectrum....from Pat Buchanan (who has MANY good ideas) to Jerry Brown (who has some too)

We are finding common ground! As the son of a son of an Irishman I too like Bushmills! Though admittedly I prefer Jameson's,or Tullemore Dew. But fuck it! It's all good. Booze is booze afterall!

Riffy
5th May 2006 08:41 PM
glencar
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Hey asshole, it's not even yer whole state. And one must have a mind to make up in the first place. Do assholes have minds?
5th May 2006 08:50 PM
lotsajizz Tullamore Dew and Jameson's are fine product....as is regular Bushmills....now, Black Bush, that's a nice step up, and they have some reserves above that level that are just 'to die for'!! the distillery itself is a lovely destination. I have been there four times and proudly hang my Bushmills Certified Irish Whiskey Taster plaque in my office. A great tourist destination in Ireland, only a half hour or so away from the Giants' Causeway--which is way cool on LSD btw. "Paddy" is excellent too, but I do not think they export it, you have to buy it there and bring it back.

btw, Glencar, shutthefuckup concerning business outside your State motherfuckeh--you know not!!!
[Edited by lotsajizz]
5th May 2006 09:08 PM
glencar Shutthefuckupyourself, dipshit. I have a good knowledge of politics & it extends past my state's boundaries. Your turn, pissant.
5th May 2006 09:18 PM
lotsajizz All politics is local, after that I demur, I'm on my second cognac, my Red Sox just went ahead on Ortiz's 3-run double (see my avatar), and I'm about to hit the basement for a turn on the vaporizer...

or two

[Edited by lotsajizz]
[Edited by lotsajizz]
6th May 2006 12:45 AM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
All politics is local, after that I demur, I'm on my second cognac, my Red Sox just went ahead on Ortiz's 3-run double (see my avatar), and I'm about to hit the basement for a turn on the vaporizer...

or two

You must be a Kennedy too...
6th May 2006 01:09 AM
Taptrick
If you think lying about infidelity and a blow job is trivial then you have no understanding how security clearances work, much less top secret security clearances.

6th May 2006 01:13 AM
Dan I am pretty conservative, can't ever see myself voting for a Democrat (though throwing it away on an independant isnt out of the question), I thought the whole impeachment was a political witch-hunt, a waste of $70 million dollars. Would be funny if the Republicans nominated an adultering sodomite like Giuliani in 2008.
6th May 2006 01:17 AM
pdog
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

If you think lying about WMD's and blow is trivial then you have no understanding how security clearances work, much less top secret security clearances.

Please, do tell, or would that negate your top secret security status?
6th May 2006 01:37 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Both drugs had been prescribed by the attending physician of the Capitol, who hands out powerful prescription drugs like candy to any lawmaker who asks for them.

This is, after all, the Capitol Hill where all a member of Congress has to do to get drugs is call up the attending physician's office and ask for them. No exam, no appointment and, of course, the drugs are free.

And in a related story, Rush Limbaugh has announced his candidacy for Congress.
6th May 2006 01:44 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
At least this time nobody died

Good point. Like the difference between Clinton's lies and Bush/Cheney's.
6th May 2006 06:42 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:

You must be a Kennedy too...

Except I do it while never having to do more than walk---they can't bust you for weaving on your way upstairs!!

6th May 2006 06:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Officer Disciplined in Kennedy Crash
Did Rep. Kennedy Get Special Treatment?

May 5, 2006 — Capitol Police have taken disciplinary action against a watch commander for the handling of Rep. Patrick Kennedy's car accident, acting Capitol Police Chief Christopher McGaffin said.

McGaffin said the incident was improperly delayed due to "poor judgment" on the part of police managers and that a field sobriety test should have been administered to Kennedy after his car hit a barrier near the Capitol at 2:45 a.m. on Thursday.

The police report said Kennedy was speeding and his eyes were "red and watery." It also stated that his speech was slightly slurred and that upon exiting his vehicle his balance was "unsure."

Kennedy announced earlier today that he would enter the Mayo Clinic for treatment for addiction to prescription pain medication.

There are questions about why Kennedy was not given a sobriety test immediately after the accident.

"I would say within law enforcement that there is probably … concern that consideration was given a member of Congress that would not be afforded a normal citizen on the street," said Lou Cannon, president of the Fraternal Order of Police for the District of Columbia.

McGaffin would not elaborate on the disciplinary actions, but he did say "significant administrative and personnel corrective action has been taken." Other officers may be disciplined. No one has been fired at this point.

The report indicates alcohol may have played a role in the crash, but officers from the Capitol Police on the scene were apparently told by their supervisors to simply drive Kennedy home. Kennedy has said that he did not ask for special treatment.

A police officer in Los Angeles said it appears that standard procedures, which would include a field sobriety test if the driver was found to have bloodshot eyes or slurred speech, were not followed.

LAPD Detective Felix Padilla said if an officer suspects driving under the influence he has an "obligation to do that."

"We have a duty to the public to protect the public, and to ignore that would be neglect on our part," he said
Kennedy has said he was not drinking but had taken the sleeping pill Ambien and another drug that can cause drowsiness. Experts say Ambien has been linked to so-called sleep driving — where users are not even aware they are behind the wheel.

Kennedy has long struggled with depression and drug addiction and now the congressman admitted that he once again needs help.

ABC News' Lisa Stark and Mary Walsh contributed to this report
6th May 2006 07:43 PM
Taptrick
No I don't have a top secret but pretty much anyone in the military has a ten year secret. Infidelity means you are susceptable to bribery and not telling the truth. It can be a big deal with a secret clearance but usually not unless you've pissed someone off or you have other charges pending. With a top secret it is a big deal.

6th May 2006 07:46 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Officer Disciplined in Kennedy Crash

May 5, 2006 — Capitol Police have taken disciplinary action against a watch commander for the handling of Rep. Patrick Kennedy's car accident, acting Capitol Police Chief Christopher McGaffin said.

McGaffin said the incident was improperly delayed due to "poor judgment" on the part of police managers and that a field sobriety test should have been administered to Kennedy after his car hit a barrier near the Capitol at 2:45 a.m. on Thursday.

The police report said Kennedy was speeding and his eyes were "red and watery." It also stated that his speech was slightly slurred and that upon exiting his vehicle his balance was "unsure."

Kennedy announced earlier today that he would enter the Mayo Clinic for treatment for addiction to prescription pain medication.

There are questions about why Kennedy was not given a sobriety test immediately after the accident.

"I would say within law enforcement that there is probably … concern that consideration was given a member of Congress that would not be afforded a normal citizen on the street," said Lou Cannon, president of the Fraternal Order of Police for the District of Columbia.

McGaffin would not elaborate on the disciplinary actions, but he did say "significant administrative and personnel corrective action has been taken." Other officers may be disciplined. No one has been fired at this point.

The report indicates alcohol may have played a role in the crash, but officers from the Capitol Police on the scene were apparently told by their supervisors to simply drive Kennedy home. Kennedy has said that he did not ask for special treatment.

A police officer in Los Angeles said it appears that standard procedures, which would include a field sobriety test if the driver was found to have bloodshot eyes or slurred speech, were not followed.

LAPD Detective Felix Padilla said if an officer suspects driving under the influence he has an "obligation to do that."

"We have a duty to the public to protect the public, and to ignore that would be neglect on our part," he said
Kennedy has said he was not drinking but had taken the sleeping pill Ambien and another drug that can cause drowsiness. Experts say Ambien has been linked to so-called sleep driving — where users are not even aware they are behind the wheel.

Kennedy has long struggled with depression and drug addiction and now the congressman admitted that he once again needs help.

I can't freaking believe this. It's that dirtbag KENNEDY who gets off (like other Kennedys before him) breaking the law without a hitch, and it's the policeman who gets in trouble. Jeez, is that ever an injustice.

P Kennedy belongs in jail for drunk driving, as T Kennedy belongs in jail for drunk driving and manslaughter.
6th May 2006 07:46 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Officer Disciplined in Kennedy Crash

I can't freaking believe this. It's that dirtbag KENNEDY who gets off (like other Kennedys before him) breaking the law without a hitch, and it's the policeman who gets in trouble. Jeez, is that ever an injustice.

P Kennedy belongs in jail for drunk driving, as T Kennedy belongs in jail for drunk driving and manslaughter.
7th May 2006 02:08 AM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Except I do it while never having to do more than walk---they can't bust you for weaving on your way upstairs!!

If Bush has his way, the cops will be in your house waiting for you...
7th May 2006 01:00 PM
glencar Bush weaved his way up some stairs in his lifetime. I'm sure we're all perfectly okay in our own homes.
7th May 2006 01:00 PM
glencar Bush weaved his way up some stairs in his lifetime. I'm sure we're all perfectly okay in our own homes.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)