ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Dave Stewart, celebrating the release of Honest
© 1991 The Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick is currently in the studio Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
April 30th, 2004 04:49 PM
Joey
quote:
Ben Gurion wrote:

No dear Joey - you are one of the good ones - rarely do you post on topic, in fact - I've been bad today, something like three on topic posts - more than I have all year!....emote on!

Here's ONE Emoto I'd LOVE to crush :
|
|
|
V

April 30th, 2004 05:54 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
Look, I didn't evden like how they sounded on LSTNT and that was 23 years ago!!! They are definitely better as a live act......with that said, L&G still makes me smile.

I just received L&G on DVD-R in my mailbox this afternoon (thank you so much CF) and have it on the player and I can tell you I am smilin' too! Wonderful stuff. I've never seen the footage before in full.

And, I for one will be right back there when they tour again excited as ever when they take the stage. I know time has passed, things have changed, but I don't care about that I share Nellcote and LJ's sentiments. I'm thankful they still tour and that I can go see 'em shine.

Last night I dreamt I was hanging out with Mick, Keef and Ronnie again. I keep having these dreams that I get to hang out with them, and the dreams comfort me. I got some R&R on my side!

Afterall we all know Stones IS Stones! Even in my dreams that constant remains true!

"all my love is in vaaaaaaaaaaaain"
April 30th, 2004 06:11 PM
Joey

BEST STONES YET MARTHA !
May 1st, 2004 06:23 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Always look on the bright side of life.

ROTFL!!!

Seriously, I'm looking forward to the new album and tour, too. What if they are not "what they used to be"? I wasn't around at the time... And let me tell you, I know young people (16-17 year old) who discovered the Stones on the Licks tour and are now hooked for life! Not bad for a bunch of old farts!
So if that makes me a crazy obsessed Internet addict, I'm proud to be one of that worthy bunch!!!

BTW, let's give Mick a break! What if he takes a few days to write some disposable songs for a comedy flick? Keith and Ron are being feted as guest stars at other people's concerts, Charlie releases a jazz album... Who cares? So Mick is having a few laughs with Dave Stewart and incidentally getting back into creative mode, and with hope exercising his vocal chops. Well, good for him! I hope it'll make him happier when he gets back in studio with the Stones. Remember, the date hinted by friends of the Stones is May 20th...
May 1st, 2004 06:29 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Martha wrote:

I just received L&G on DVD-R in my mailbox this afternoon (thank you so much CF)

oh-oh! I sent you that dvd, along with the STP vol.2 disc (DC 7/4/72), several days ago. If you dont want the extra copy of L&G, please send it someone else from the board. thanks!

I must say that seeing Keith and Mick sing together in Ft Worh 78 is just as sweet as seeing them do it in 72 on L+G. I hope that Keith/Mick do that again on the upcoming tour - even if only on a couple of tunes...

[/thread hijack]

[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 1st, 2004 09:45 AM
Ben Gurion What is "creative mode"?

May 1st, 2004 10:23 AM
stewed & Keefed Which one did you vote for
May 1st, 2004 04:41 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Ben Gurion wrote:
What is "creative mode"?

Take a guess!
May 1st, 2004 05:09 PM
luxury1 Monkey Woman--you are so cool, intelligent, witty, and good on the computer, well, I would marry you if I was gay........
May 1st, 2004 06:26 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

Take a guess!

I expect a serious, well thought out and articulate answer -otherwise you're just a loser two digit IQ kook like I suspected.

I want to know what the hell someone like you thinks is "creative mode". Seriously.

[Edited by Ben Gurion]
May 1st, 2004 08:01 PM
kahoosier Charlie plays with his group, and he is going to release a CD, and that is a good thing. Keith gets to guest with Willie, and again in New Orleans, is on the new album with Toots, and we are happy. Ronnie is all over England with everybody and we are overjoyed. Mick writes three songs in the studio with an old friend for a movie soundtrack, and everyone is screaming in alarm and disgust! My question is WHY WHY WHY?
May 1st, 2004 10:26 PM
Steel Wheels I loved 4 Flicks. I thought the theater show was a lot of fun - the energy and passion were infectious. It's my favorite of the lot.

I think the Stones will produce more great music. They are so good together. I just love whatever they do. I can't wait to see them in concert again, my 4 lads from London. They make music that soothes the soul and moves me to dance like I've never danced before.

There's no one on this board that dances better than I. Not even Mick can touch me when I get my groove on. I dance as if my life depends on it. Their new album will grace my every moment, as I memorize lyrics and act out new and outrageous dance moves.

God I love the Stones. The Rolling Stones. Damn, I like typing that. The Rolling Stones. Fuck the boo-hoo club. Get a new band if this one ain't yer cup of tea.

I love drinking and listening to their music. I'm a few cuts and drinks into 40 Licks. Under My Thumb sounds so good through headphones.

Lady Jane, are you reading this? Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?

May 1st, 2004 10:30 PM
LadyJane Steel Wheels..I'm right here and bowing to the computer reading your words.

I agree with EVERYTHING you say.

The naysayers make me sick!! I mean everyone is entitled to an opinion, but don't and I repeat DON'T get nasty with me!

LJ.

Oops..typo. Could it be the delicious Seabreeze I'm sipping??

[Edited by LadyJane]
May 1st, 2004 10:37 PM
Steel Wheels Lady Jane,

This round's on me!

May 1st, 2004 11:34 PM
BILL PERKS AMEN STEEL WHEELS-YOU SAID IT!F THE NAYSAYERS...NONE OF US ARE WHAT WE WERE 30 YEARS AGO..AS MICK SAID "EITHER YOU'RE DEAD OR YOU MOVE ALONG"
May 2nd, 2004 12:28 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
... They make music that soothes the soul and moves me to dance like I've never danced before.

...God I love the Stones. The Rolling Stones. Damn, I like typing that...

...and I like reading that.
May 2nd, 2004 04:33 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Ben Gurion wrote:

I expect a serious, well thought out and articulate answer -otherwise you're just a loser two digit IQ kook like I suspected.

I want to know what the hell someone like you thinks is "creative mode". Seriously.

Am I to think that *you* are serious? If you can't use a dictionnary, too bad! If you just want to jerk around, double dose of too bad, then!!!

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame34.html
May 2nd, 2004 03:26 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

Am I to think that *you* are serious? If you can't use a dictionnary, too bad! If you just want to jerk around, double dose of too bad, then!!!

Thank you for proving my point. You don't know the first thing about "creativity", are posting out your fat flabby arse, and you are presumptuous about people you do not know, and never will, let alone understand, and their thought processes and behaviors. Please be concerned that your statements indicate dangerous psychological projections and bare no resemblance to reality. Thank you.

May 2nd, 2004 03:36 PM
Snappy McJack

I told you I was fixin' ta call you up. But then I hads'ta get my ass to the golf course and play some G.O.L.F wif Fitty Cent and Coolio!

I'll call you tonight....fo' sho'.
May 2nd, 2004 04:04 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:

I told you I was fixin' ta call you up. But then I hads'ta get my ass to the golf course and play some G.O.L.F wif Fitty Cent and Coolio!

I'll call you tonight....fo' sho'.

Bullshit puppetboy. I'm going out with your best friend in an hour. You'll have yet another night sittin home watchin E! true hollywood stories and wondering what you've done wit yer life...

If you make nice I COULD be persuaded to make it up to you...

Till then .........
May 3rd, 2004 07:33 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Ben Gurion wrote:

Thank you for proving my point. You don't know the first thing about "creativity", are posting out your fat flabby arse, and you are presumptuous about people you do not know, and never will, let alone understand, and their thought processes and behaviors. Please be concerned that your statements indicate dangerous psychological projections and bare no resemblance to reality. Thank you.

ROTFLMFAO!!! Thanks for nothing, bully-boy!!!

Does this remind you of someone?
May 3rd, 2004 10:22 AM
Ben Gurion jesus Monkeywoman - put some clothes on.

I still want to know what you think "creative mode" is, and how you apply it to people you don't know. Is it THAT hard to come up with some sort of answer, to require actual THINKING?
May 3rd, 2004 10:40 AM
Snappy McJack How funny. So I'm a naysayer and not a fan because I offer my opinion about some things I don't like about the Stones?

Fuck that! I ain't no ass kissin' blowhard!
[Edited by Snappy McJack]
May 3rd, 2004 10:55 AM
glencar No matter what Mick does, I'm there. Even that "Let's Work" song. The negativity of the anti-Mick brigades is just another cacophony of phoniness.
May 3rd, 2004 11:05 AM
Ben Gurion
quote:
glencar wrote:
No matter what Mick does, I'm there. Even that "Let's Work" song. The negativity of the anti-Mick brigades is just another cacophony of phoniness.

What's a cacophony?

Now look what you did glencar - I won't be able to get "Let's Work" and the horrific visuals of that video out of my head today. Bastard!

Judging by what some people think being a "fan" is, one should be damn relieved they are not.

I'm off to the soap opera fan messageboards - where the grasp of reality is much stronger than here.

May 3rd, 2004 11:09 AM
glencar I thought it was you! No, stay. The soaps will be the same dull thing next week. Then again, so will this place.
May 3rd, 2004 11:19 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
glencar wrote:
No matter what Mick does, I'm there. Even that "Let's Work" song.

"Well. Isn't that just friiiiiggin' special!?"
May 3rd, 2004 11:21 AM
glencar Wow! A 20-year-old comic bit! You're very smart. I bet all the cool kids like ya!
May 3rd, 2004 11:28 AM
Snappy McJack With that kind of comeback one can only think that you are one of those kids.

Although, you probably aren't that cool.
[Edited by Snappy McJack]
May 3rd, 2004 12:35 PM
Ben Gurion Boys - only fight if you can provide video.

I still can't get bad 80's Mick out of my head. Thanks glencar. Good god - that yellow sweat suit from the Mixed Emotions video. It's been like 6 years since I saw that comp video with all their clips - but the horror burned into my head. UGH! No one should have a mid life crises in public like that...I think he did it worse than any of his contemporaries, no?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5