ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Dave Stewart, celebrating the release of Honest
© 1991 The Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick is currently in the studio Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
April 30th, 2004 11:49 AM
Nellcote Hey JB, say what you want, those pale hose look good!
Show me a better pitching staff presently.
Bullpen has 33 scorless innings...Bring it on!
Thanks for Vince Wilfork, he will replace Ted Washington greatly.
By the way, how are those 'Phins doing?
Won any Super Bowls lately?
Are they ready to have their unbeaten streak broken this year?

LJ, finally a voice of reason.
April 30th, 2004 11:50 AM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
[quote]LadyJane wrote:
No Nelly..you AREN'T alone. I feel the exact same way!!

I look forward to the next release and tour with much excitement.

LJ.
Indeed, you are not alone.http://www.alighthouse.com/alone.htm

LMAO!!!!

LJ.

April 30th, 2004 11:53 AM
LadyJane I'm NO sheep, Snappy!! Just have a different opinion than yours. I believe that is allowed.

F505..I hear Styx has a great message board..why not check it out!!!

LJ.
April 30th, 2004 11:55 AM
F505 Lady J I think you are one of the biggest sheeps of this board
April 30th, 2004 11:57 AM
LadyJane Really?

WELL then BAH..BAH..BAH...I wear my wool proudly!!!

LJ.

April 30th, 2004 12:06 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Really?

LJ.

April 30th, 2004 12:15 PM
Bloozehound
April 30th, 2004 03:04 PM
F505
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Really?

LJ.

I bet you even like the wet farts of the boys!
April 30th, 2004 03:35 PM
Ben Gurion Sheep are soft and very responsive lovers.

That said, the band should just hang it up. Please spare us another 4 flicks memento mori. And - anyone who calls a bunch of 60 year old guys "the boys" should eat a lot of yogurt and brie. And then go play in traffic.
April 30th, 2004 03:37 PM
LadyJane F505..now you are just being a jerk!

FU!!

LJ.

April 30th, 2004 03:39 PM
Ben Gurion The Running Out of Luck feature video was the last good thing any of them did.
April 30th, 2004 03:39 PM
F505
quote:
Ben Gurion wrote:
Sheep are soft and very responsive lovers.

That said, the band should just hang it up. Please spare us another 4 flicks memento mori. And - anyone who calls a bunch of 60 year old guys "the boys" should eat a lot of yogurt and brie. And then go play in traffic.

Didn't you die in 1973?
April 30th, 2004 03:43 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
F505 wrote:

Didn't you die in 1973?

No, I am hiding in the shadows.
April 30th, 2004 03:43 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Ben Gurion wrote:
Sheep are soft and very responsive lovers.

The theatre disc of Four Flicks was very sad. Sans "Stray Cat Blues", the other obscure tunes were carried by Chuck and the horns.
April 30th, 2004 03:45 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:

The theatre disc of Four Flicks was very sad. Sans "Stray Cat Blues", the other obscure tunes were carried by Chuck and the horns.

They looked like shit. Played half arsed. It was the only one I bothered watching. I have no idea why they released it. Odd.
April 30th, 2004 03:48 PM
jb I took a lot of abuse for my critique of 4 flicks...yes, it was a nice to finally have a high quality dvd of the band on tour, but with the exception of few songs from the twickenham show, their performances sucked big time...I could not even recognize songs like HOF ....and this with the benefit of editing...it must have really been awful!!! The simple fact is that but for Mick and Charlie, there is no longer any Stones sound..Ronnie is a washed up crack head and Keith, god bless him for carrying ronnie so long, just is too inconsistent at this stage.
April 30th, 2004 03:50 PM
Snappy McJack With that said, I can't believe they will be doing a huge tour like Bill German says they will. Will they even have any fuel in the tank half way through a tour? I mean, in 2005 these guys are going to be older, not any friggin' younger!
April 30th, 2004 03:52 PM
Bloozehound Bright Side of Life
by Eric Idle

Cheer up, Brian.
You know what they say;
Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse,
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a whistle,
And this'll help things turn out for the best, hey,

Always look on the bright side of life,
Always look on the light side of life,
If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten,
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps,
Just purse you're lips and whistle,
That's the thing.

And, always look on the bright side of life,
Always look on the right side of life,
For life is quite absurd,
An. death's the final word,
You must always face the curtain with a bow,
Forget about your sin,
give the audience a grin,
Enjoy it, it's you last chance of the hour.

So, always look on the bright side of death,
Just before you draw your terminal breath,
Life's a piece o' shit,
When you look at it,
Life's a laugh and death's a joke it's true,
You'll see it's all a show,
Keep 'em laughing as you go,
Remember that the last laugh is on you.

And, always look on the bright side of life,
Come on, Brian cheer up,
Worse things happen at sea, you know,
I mean, what do you have to lose?
You come from nothing,
You go back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!
Always look on the bright side of life.
April 30th, 2004 03:52 PM
gimmekeef Just put some passion behind 2-3 songs..Words that have that old Stone flare!.....Enough "cuttin up meat;don't stop dont stop......;and no more Keith snore tunes!..but I'll still luv em no matter what they do!
April 30th, 2004 03:53 PM
jb They will tour and like alwasy we will love it...the live shows come over much better than the boots and videos which come later.....at this point, it's the event , not the music.
April 30th, 2004 03:55 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
jb wrote:
I took a lot of abuse for my critique of 4 flicks...yes, it was a nice to finally have a high quality dvd of the band on tour, but with the exception of few songs from the twickenham show, their performances sucked big time...I could not even recognize songs like HOF ....and this with the benefit of editing...it must have really been awful!!! The simple fact is that but for Mick and Charlie, there is no longer any Stones sound..Ronnie is a washed up crack head and Keith, god bless him for carrying ronnie so long, just is too inconsistent at this stage.

Well, it's my opinion that the best thing in the set is the documentary. The music was just second-fiddle, IMO. I was actually surprised to see a great version of "Tumbling Dice" (they usually play this one at a snails pace), but then again, I dread the version of "Honky Tonk Women" on the NY disc. My friends were saying "That's how they play one of the greatest rock n' roll songs?"

Concert videos are lame anyway. Nothing like being at a concert; it's not even a good consolation.
April 30th, 2004 03:55 PM
Ben Gurion And for what? Aside from a handful of internet obsessives, no one really cares. It's just show biz. Why wreck good songs, just to entertain the masses? It would be another thing if they were Dylan. They don't need to prove they've lost it. That said - I liked B2B a lot. So did many of my friends. What happened after, who knows...
April 30th, 2004 03:58 PM
Snappy McJack Maybe instead of making an album with maybe 3 great songs and 11 fillers, they should make an EP instead.

Just put out the best 6 or 7 songs. That's enough.
April 30th, 2004 03:59 PM
jb Look, I didn't evden like how they sounded on LSTNT and that was 23 years ago!!! They are definitely better as a live act......with that said, L&G still makes me smile.
April 30th, 2004 04:04 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Ben Gurion wrote:
And for what? Aside from a handful of internet obsessives, no one really cares. It's just show biz. Why wreck good songs, just to entertain the masses? It would be another thing if they were Dylan. They don't need to prove they've lost it. That said - I liked B2B a lot. So did many of my friends. What happened after, who knows...

April 30th, 2004 04:05 PM
jb Is that LAMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 30th, 2004 04:17 PM
Joey " Aside from a handful of internet obsessives "

I resemble that remark .
April 30th, 2004 04:20 PM
Snappy McJack

Spoony Luv be down wiff the Lamby...
April 30th, 2004 04:31 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Aside from a handful of internet obsessives "

I resemble that remark .

No dear Joey - you are one of the good ones - rarely do you post on topic, in fact - I've been bad today, something like three on topic posts - more than I have all year!....emote on!
April 30th, 2004 04:32 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:

Spoony Luv be down wiff the Lamby...

You haven't called. Who are you on the phone with you creep? It's that Elmo bitch again, isn't it?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5