ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1994 José Luis Velasco
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: farewell to a great Stones friend Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
March 31st, 2004 05:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot Holy shit?!?

Honest Man died??? When was THAT??? He was a cool cat. I really liked him when I was posting over at Gasx3...oh man, that really sucks.

My condolences go out to his loved ones too...belated as it may be.

OK everyone, that is enough of this getting dead crap. Stay alive dammit! There are too few of us as it is....we don't need to lose anyone else.
March 31st, 2004 05:29 PM
Bob Tamp Thanks Voodoo for posting Matt and Tracy's picture. He would have loved it in a bashful sense, and I know all these posts are helping his family and friends. Im having a real bad day today, and keep breaking down when I look at his picture, but he had the exterior of a bear but a soul of an angel. Everyone loved Matt.

If I know our Matthew, he will be working behind the scenes at the upcoming Stones studio sessions helping them to create that magic.
March 31st, 2004 05:39 PM
Scottfree Time should've been on his side, say hello to Brian for me.........

RIP, fellow Stonesian!
March 31st, 2004 06:05 PM
Scot Rocks God, what terrible news.

A dreadful loss to his family, friends and the Stones community as well.

Thanks for posting Bob, which I know what must be a hard time for you just now.

Rest in Peace

Mark
March 31st, 2004 06:08 PM
KeithRichards210 Oh NO...I'm so sorry to hear of this. Even though it was sorta expected, nothing ever really prepares you for this.

Bob, my sympathies go out to you.

Riffhard, I'll go home tonight and crank up Exile in your honor. RIP.
March 31st, 2004 09:50 PM
akissaway Very sad to hear of Matt's passing. My condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace, Riffhard64.
March 31st, 2004 10:24 PM
MarthaMyDear I'm REALLY sorry to hear about your loss, Bob, and my condolences go out to Tracy and Matt's family and other friends, also!!! I cried when I read this thread this morning even though I never met Matt in person but he was a good person on this board and this is a very sad day, obviously, for ALOT of people!!! Rest in peace, Matt, and take care, Bob!!!

*** Martha ***
March 31st, 2004 10:46 PM
MP Bob...my prayers are with you and also with Matt...over the past few days I've read your posts and can't imagine being in your place....hang tough, man
March 31st, 2004 11:08 PM
CS He was a morning star amongst the living;
Now that his spirit is fled;
He shines in the heavens
like the evening star
He gives new splendour to the dead.

Dead ! Dead ? He isn't dead !

He hath awakened from the dream of life
He hath outsoared the shadow of our night;
The soul of Adonais, burning like a star
Beacons from the abode where the eternal are.

(The spring does not rebel against the winter - it succeeds it;
The dawn does not rebel against the night - it disperses it.)

The One remains, the many change and pass
Life, like a dome of many coloured glass,
Stains the white radiance of Eternity.

O wind if winter comes can spring be far behind?
Can Spring be far behind?
March 31st, 2004 11:21 PM
jaggergurl So tragic...I am so sorry... this is such sad news... many prayers to his family and friends...may the Good Lord shine a light on all of you through your grief, and may the memories of your friend give you comfort...
April 1st, 2004 12:50 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan Am so sorry to hear about Matt(riffhard64) There IS a Rock N Roll Heaven and He is there hearing some damn good music right now, My thoughts n prayers go out to all of his family n friends...
April 1st, 2004 01:21 AM
McQueen Peace to the loved ones.

Hold 'em close while ya got 'em.

And remember 'em when ya don't.

Life's a shit bastard, but it's got the market cornered, so appreciate the time it gives us.

My prayers go out...
April 1st, 2004 02:10 AM
littleredrooster I'm sorry for your loss and the loss of a dedicated Stones fan
April 1st, 2004 02:23 AM
Madafaka So sorry to hear this sad news...
April 1st, 2004 02:31 AM
Prodigal Son Wow, this is really sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to Riffhard and his family. The loss of a Stones fanatic is everyone's loss here.
April 1st, 2004 08:48 AM
scratched
April 1st, 2004 09:04 AM
corgi37 I am so sorry for the loss for the family and friends. All my best wishes.
April 1st, 2004 09:14 AM
albert My sincere condoleances to all family, friends and the global Stones community for losing a great Stones fan.

Albert
Holland
April 1st, 2004 09:23 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Very sad notice...
I feel very bad, all my love to a friend that I never meet but I 'm certain that he was a great guy...same age (39), same tastes (Keef's riff)
I'm really sad....life is a bitch...
Rest in Peace Matt, God bless ya
April 1st, 2004 02:23 PM
polksalad69 Very sorry to hear the news, my condolences.
April 1st, 2004 04:01 PM
jb In Flander's Fields

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flander's fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, tho poppies grow
In Flander's fields.

Liet. -Col. John McCrae
April 1st, 2004 04:22 PM
sirfito I'm so sorry...RIP
Fito
April 1st, 2004 08:04 PM
rogerriffin sorry, really it feels something rare at open this message board.... rest in peace.......
April 1st, 2004 11:27 PM
Cardinal Fang Hey Bob !!

I'm so sorry to hear about Matt. I still have the video of you and him driving on the freeway to the Stones show.

As a person who also lost a best friend last month I can tell you Bob that you as his friend did everything you could do. (Please don't torture yourself with, "If only I had....") Also Bob, it IS going to be very weird for you for a while. I am doing "so-so" with it and I hope you do as well or better.
One of the things I did was go by our old childhood homes and walk the exact route to our school (just like we used to) That meant walking across a low tree branch across a creek. (Much easier when your 14 than when your 39 !!) I didn't fall in though.

Then I went to the football field where we both played football (he was a running back, I was a wide receiver) and sat on the 50 yard line and got wasted. (Just like we used to) It helps.

PM me if you need to.

For Marc: Honest Man died late 2002/early 2003. His son emailed to let us know. Honest Man sent me a cassette tape once and he had the NEATEST printing you ever saw in your life.

Be Well Everyone. : - )

Later, Jimmy
April 2nd, 2004 01:17 AM
GChamb Bob is right. Matt will be greatly missed. Exterior of a bear but a very soft interior. This type of person and this type of friendship is not replaceable and will leave a void in my life as well. I have never been to this board (at least not on my own) but I'm glad Matt had so many friends here. This would have meant a lot to him and it helps me and his friends deal with their pain, and that pain for me is massive. Bob, Matt appreciated everything you have done for him and I'm glad you were there for him and Tracy.

And I'm sure you're right, he'll be at the next stones show. Take Care and thanks to everybody for their thoughts, prayers and good memories. Good people on this board.

Greg
[Edited by GChamb]
April 2nd, 2004 05:23 AM
hotlicks So sad....going to play torn and frayed now in matt's memory
April 2nd, 2004 11:13 AM
Navin
Matt..at least you went when The Stones are still around,
You always had the Sun, the Moon, and the Stones with you.
April 2nd, 2004 04:07 PM
Riffhard Oh man what a shame! I had heard that Matt was very ill but had not read of his passing until Maxy pointed it out to me. Godspeed Riffhard64 from one Riffhard to another. Prayers to his family and friends such as yourself Bob. He's doing fine right about now I'm sure!

Riffhard
April 2nd, 2004 04:51 PM
gypsy I'm so sad to hear this news. My heartfelt prayers and sympathy go out to his family and friends.
You can never be prepared for this kind of thing, Bob. You're always going to miss your friend...even though you know he's in a better place...it still doesn't make it any easier.
April 2nd, 2004 05:27 PM
Helmut Another goodbye to another good friend, too bad RIP Riffhard64
Page: 1 2 3 4