ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1994 José Luis Velasco
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: farewell to a great Stones friend Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
March 31st, 2004 04:23 AM
Bob Tamp It's about 4am in the US, Wednesday morning. Matt Mulcahy (known to many of you as Riffhard) passed away earlier tonight after a nine day struggle with pnuemonia. He was an avid stones freak, but more importantly he was my best friend. Even though Doctors tell you to prepare for the worst, you're are never really ready. He was just 39 years old and he and I sometimes pushed the envelope to excess.

I know Matt is in a better place now cranking up the tunes. He will never know how much I will miss him.

Thanks to everyone on the Board for being so supportive. He loved you folks too.
March 31st, 2004 04:51 AM
mac_daddy Bob-

My thoughts and prayers are with you, as well as with Matt's family and friends...

Hang in there, and Godspeed.

March 31st, 2004 05:17 AM
FotiniD Bob, this is so damn sad We all prayed and we all hoped Matt would make it..

You've been a fantastic friend to him and I'm sure he knows, wherever he is.

All my love and prayers go out to you and Matt's friends and family.
March 31st, 2004 05:45 AM
Nellcote Hey Man, sounds like he put up a heroic effort in this struggle. You need to understand that his time in this battle was assisted by your great friendship.

Hang in there, we are all thinking of you.
March 31st, 2004 06:02 AM
Jumacfly Bob

you can be very proud of you, you were with your friend till the end, i m sure he s now in the Stones paradise, enjoying torn and frayed and all his fav tunes....

be strong, we re all with you his familly....
Cheers

JU
March 31st, 2004 06:48 AM
nankerphelge So sorry to hear the terrible news BT.

March 31st, 2004 06:56 AM
Honky Tonk Man This is tragic. I always enjoyed reading his posts.

Rest In Peace Matt. My thoughts are with your family.

Alex
March 31st, 2004 07:15 AM
LadyJane I'm so, so sorry Bob.

Like Ju said, Matt is now in a better place, Stones Paradise.

I hope that your memories of good times shared with your friend will somehow bring you comfort.

May God Bless you and all of Matt's family and friends!!

LJ.
March 31st, 2004 07:17 AM
Factory Girl Damn, damn, damn, it is so f/ing sad. Matty, you are a beautiful spirit and I will miss you tremendously.

PS. Bob, you are a great person and a great friend.

PSS. I don't understand how the docs couldn't do more for him.
March 31st, 2004 07:58 AM
Factory Girl We need to "sticky" this thread, please.
March 31st, 2004 07:59 AM
scope So sorry to hear this news. Never easy losing a friend Bob. You guys apparently were very close and you were lucky to have each other.

May the good Lord shine a light.....
March 31st, 2004 08:13 AM
parmeda Bob...the good things will always surpass the bad.
Please remember that.

I'm so sorry to hear this news.
March 31st, 2004 08:14 AM
Zeeta Terrible news! Tragic. Take care of yourself Bob..
March 31st, 2004 08:53 AM
Navin
Sorry to hear the tragic news. I've been fortunate enough to have trades with Matt in his lifetime.
March 31st, 2004 09:26 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm so sorry to hear this, rest in peace Matt Mulcahy.

March 31st, 2004 09:50 AM
Lazy Bones Thanks for sharing such painful news, Bob. Tragic, indeed. Matt will be missed.

God bless!
March 31st, 2004 10:03 AM
coowouters Bob, sorry to hear that Matt lost the fight. But when my time comes, I hope to have a friend like you!!!!

My sincere Condolences to Matt's family & friends

Chris
March 31st, 2004 10:21 AM
egon Bob,

I did not know Matt, but it is always sad to hear someone passed away, especially so young...

All the strenght to those who loved him.

Kind regards,
Egon Van de vrugt
March 31st, 2004 10:46 AM
Factory Girl Voo, that is a great pic. RIP, Matty.
March 31st, 2004 10:56 AM
Angiegirl Wow... that's really awful news .
March 31st, 2004 11:01 AM
BillyBoll RIP Matty and you take care of yourself Bob.
March 31st, 2004 11:03 AM
jb I am deeply saddened by your lose and "our" lose of a member of this wonderful "Stones Family". My prayers and thoughts go out to Matt's friends and family .
March 31st, 2004 11:05 AM
Lavendar PEACE
[Edited by Lavendar]
March 31st, 2004 11:05 AM
Tom So sad to see this, rest in peace Matty we're gonna miss you
March 31st, 2004 11:06 AM
nankerphelge Damn -- I remember that header pic and thinking how happy he looked getting ready with a rolling party!

Way too young....
March 31st, 2004 11:10 AM
moy too young to die, sorry Bob, rip matty
March 31st, 2004 11:15 AM
GerryS I never wrote to Matty or traded with him but did read his posts and this really really sucks rocks! I was praying (as were alot of other people) that he'd recover. My condolences to his family, his friends and you Bob. I too hope when my time comes I have a friend like you there.

RIP Matty
[Edited by GerryS]
March 31st, 2004 11:27 AM
caro Bob, I'm so sad to hear this. It must have been awful to wait in the hospital for days not knowing if he was going to make it. My condolences to you and to his family.
March 31st, 2004 11:27 AM
Moonisup this is horrible news!

My thoughts go out to his family and friens.

Rik
March 31st, 2004 11:28 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Oops sorry )I finally found the thread explaining those pix (thanks Caro) and that one is not Matt but Mike, see this thread posted by the very same Riffhard64

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/08-31-2003/163077-1.html

So I'm changing the header for the candle
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
Page: 1 2 3 4