ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1994 José Luis Velasco
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: farewell to a great Stones friend Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
March 31st, 2004 11:39 AM
Fiji Joe Indeed...so sad...Riffhard was one of my faves here
March 31st, 2004 11:46 AM
telecaster Sorry to hear about this loss

He sounded like a great person that had a full but all too short life

March 31st, 2004 11:48 AM
stewed & Keefed So sorry to hear this sad news.

Rest In Peace Matt.
March 31st, 2004 12:04 PM
Irina So sad news.... I just can't believe
My sincere condolences to You and to Matt's family
and friends
March 31st, 2004 12:21 PM
Joey http://test.universalchronicles.com/images/lyrics.htm

" OLD RED WINE "

' Old red wine
Well past its prime
May have to finish it
After crossing the line

Dusty old wine
Two thousand a time
An inch of black mud
Always left behind

They say you turned in
While the sun still shined
That gorgeous girl with you
Was highly primed

She said she'd take you
Way down or way up
She might break your heart
She might crack you up

Old red wine
Not worth a dime
Gonna have to drink it with yer
Some other time

Expensive old wine
Forty years lying
Mice chewed the labels
Don't know what we're buying

Back home in California
They got wine for the meek
There's the Bowl and the Fillmore
The Cow and the Greek

You sniffed at the cork
Chose low on the list
Held your glass to the light
And gazed through the mist

Old red wine
Well past its prime
Gonna have to drink it with you
Some other time…….
Let it breathe

Let it breathe

Let it breathe '

R.I.P. My Stones Brother !!!!!!!!

J. T.
[Edited by Joey]
March 31st, 2004 12:22 PM
Bob Tamp The picture is me on the left, and Mike on the right. Matt took the photo the day we were leaving from Boston for Licks London shows.
I read the board daily, but I don't post much. Matt really loved it. He enjoyed Gazza, loved Joey's sick sense of humor, and sometimes got annoyed at JB...( no offense JB, Matt and I annoyed eachother constantly)

I'm still in shock. If we were 90 years old it may have been easier. When you lose a best friend, somebody you talk to daily, love the same music, party and get into trouble together...you have lost part of your life, and I now have a void that may always remain. We weren't related but we were brothers. I keep hoping this is a bad dream and I will wake up.

Matt was getting married this summer, and I was going to be his best man. It was already planned to be a big Stones event. I am very sad to say the least.

I want to thank all the Rocks Off people for their support. It shows Stones fanatics stick together. I would like to thank Gazza for today's heading picture. I'm sure Matt would love it to.
Thanks again for everything
Bob

March 31st, 2004 12:31 PM
Trey Krimsin This is a sad day.

My thoughts go out to Bob and Riffhard's family.
March 31st, 2004 12:33 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Terrible news. Bob: you were a great friend for him.
March 31st, 2004 12:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
The picture is me on the left, and Mike on the right. Matt took the photo

Yes Bob, now I know that, see this thread by Riffhard http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/08-31-2003/163077-1.html

That's why I changed the header and put the candle instead. But if you can send me a picture of Matt it will be great to use it as today's header. Send it to [email protected] or to the address U gave you in a PM early today

March 31st, 2004 12:43 PM
Martha Oh no. I am so sad to hear that Matty has passed away. :-(

My deepest sympathies go out to you Bob on the loss of your best "brother" friend. I do know what it is like to lose a dear friend and understand how a void appears in your life as a result. Matty will be with you though, look for signs of that. He will help you through as will your love of music. Hang on to that, to your other friends and take GOOD care of yourself. Remember the good times and take solace in those memories as you are able to. Let yourself go through the grieving process Bob. The grief process takes time and is very healing.

Matt was really the first person at Rocks Off to take me under their wing in terms of offering me and sending me music for no good reason. I mean, I had nothing to trade with him at this time, but he didn't seem to mind. He just sent me some music and then asked me what else did I like and would surprise me by sending out another package of great music. I remember not feeling worthy. He taught me how to give, to be generous and kind to others and I have taken his example to heart. It brings me so much joy to share music freely and I know it gave Matt much joy as well. He was a wonderful man. He will be missed.

My deepest sympathies also go out to Matty's fiance and his Mother. How are they holding up Bob?

May you be blessed.

RIP Matty

with tea and sympathy,
Martha

March 31st, 2004 12:46 PM
Gazza It's very hard to adequately express oneself when something like this happens. We've had this board for five years and I think this is the first time since then that we've lost a regular that most or all of us seem to know.

And yeah, strange as it seems to say when it's someone you've never met, but when you're coming here every day and reading or posting, you do feel that in many ways its someone you "know" as we are a community of sorts, aren't we?

I traded and corresponded with Matt a few times. He seemed a lovely guy. I enjoyed his posts too (never realised he liked mine so much - thanks Bob!)

Bob - thanks for all the updates over what has been a traumatic couple of weeks for you. Our thoughts are with you and please pass on our condolences to Matt's family from his many friends around the world.

Rest In Peace, Matt.
March 31st, 2004 12:50 PM
Factory Girl It is such a damn sad day. Matty, "may the Good Lord shine a light on you".

Bob, Matt was very fortunate to have you as a best friend. And vice versa, of course.
March 31st, 2004 12:56 PM
LadyJane I know how you feel, FG!! I feel just awful.

Like Gazza said, altough many of us have never met, we are a true community. I feel closer to some of you than I do to some of my friends and family.

Bob, your latest post has brought tears to my eyes. Please know that we are all with you and if you need ANYTHING feel free to PM.

LJ.

March 31st, 2004 01:03 PM
voodoopug Indeed Sad,

Our Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

The Voodoo Pugs

John, Tim, Rob, and Phil
March 31st, 2004 01:04 PM
jb [quote]LadyJane wrote:
I know how you feel, FG!! I feel just awful.

Like Gazza said, altough many of us have never met, we are a true community. I feel closer to some of you than I do to some of my friends and family.

Bob, your latest post has brought tears to my eyes. Please know that we are all with you and if you need ANYTHING feel free to PM.

LJ.

[/quote

Yes LJ....I too feel closer to many here than some of my s0-called regular friends....this is too sad.
March 31st, 2004 01:08 PM
voodoopug For Matt, my band will close an upcoming show with Torn and Frayed in his honor.

You will be missed!
March 31st, 2004 01:14 PM
Factory Girl Yes, we are a cyber family. The loss, however, is very real.
March 31st, 2004 01:27 PM
mickmask I will say a prayer for Matt tonight. May God rest his soul... and watch over yours... you wonderful, loyal friend. Fiona.
March 31st, 2004 01:29 PM
doo doo doo Dude Rest in peace Matt.
March 31st, 2004 01:57 PM
Phog Very sad news. Rest in peace, Matt.
March 31st, 2004 01:59 PM
Joey " Like Gazza said, altough many of us have never met, we are a true community. I feel closer to some of you than I do to some of my friends and family. "

March 31st, 2004 02:07 PM
NHStonesfan I never knew, met or spoke with but recall
how badly I felt when they took his ticket
while entering the Fleetcenter's (Boston)Stones Concert.

I sympathized with then but now all I can do is pray
for him and honor him. Torn and Frayed will always
have special meaning.

March 31st, 2004 02:09 PM
Monkey Woman I'm so sad to hear this, Bob. Your friend could be proud of you. You did a great job with the updates and taking care of him and all.

I'm sure Matt is in a better place now and music all around him.

Rest in peace, Matt.

Let's have a thought for the salt of the earth...
March 31st, 2004 02:32 PM
J.J.Flash Oh my God, I just don't know what to say..... Matt, Rest in Peace little brother. May the good Lord, shine a light on you. Bob, you are a great guy, a true friend. I wish I could have a friend like you.

My pray will have Matt, his family and friends, including yourself.
March 31st, 2004 02:33 PM
glencar Sad old day. Rest in peace, Mr. Mulcahy. Bob, I'm sorry for your loss. Riffhard was a nice poster.
March 31st, 2004 03:18 PM
Child of the Moon Wow. This is very sad, indeed. It's never cool when a fellow poster passes (those from Gas X3 will remember Honest Man), especially if you knew him or her personally. My thoughts and prayers, y'know? Rock and roll, Matt.
March 31st, 2004 03:24 PM
L&A 39, it's terrific. Rest in peace, Matt.
March 31st, 2004 04:17 PM
Ruby Tuesday Rest in peace Matt, hope you enjoy the next Stones tour with a great view from up there.

And I hope that all the good wishes and the sympathy that shows in these messages give Matts family and friends some comfort.
March 31st, 2004 04:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot This is awful.

I feel REALLY bad because Matt and I were not on very good terms. And now it will ALWAYS be that way. There is no way to let bygones be bygones and bury the hatchet. I really regret that.

So I'll just have to do it unilaterally.

Matt, I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot. No hard feelings on my part.

My condolences to Matt's loved ones.

I will toast one for Matt with Nanky and the Monkey on Sat.

So long Riffhard64.
March 31st, 2004 04:52 PM
Moonisup Winter:

Sometimes I wanna burn a candle for ya
Sometimes I wanna wrap my coat around ya lord
Sometimes I wanna burn a candle for ya
Yes I wanna keep ya, wa wa wa
Sometimes I wanna wrap my coat around ya lord I'm crying
Sometimes it feels like...
Page: 1 2 3 4