ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
Đ Dave Hogan with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Micks LIVE singing is TERRIBLE! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
25th March 2008 11:30 AM
The jinn, my friend.

Duzn't Call Me Down
I wuz tryin' t'fo'get Jew
But Jew won't tell me how
Lately I'm findin' it tricky
Wid Jewr picture plastered all upside town
Cuddies pick Jew down in conversashun
Just t'see how I'll react
I dig dis internal lacerashuns
Dat Buckwheat me down and lay me out flat
But ah' can't drow mah' life away
I kin't cut de game away
You's plum wandered off de stage
And left me dealin' wid de pain
So's duzn't call me down
Oh when Jew wanna cry
Cos ah' might let ya' waaay down
Duzn't call me down On some rainy night
Cos ah' might let Jew waaay down
Let Jew waaay down
Sucka's ax' gots Jew seen her
I say not fo' some while
I'm gonna see mah' goathomey
Way waaay down in Argentina
We's gonna gots some blast fo' some while
But ah' see Jew in mah' inna' eye
Touch me wid some gentle smile
Wonda' if Jew catch mah' mood
Can Jew feel mah' solitude
So's duzn't call me down
Oh when Jew wanna cry
Cos ah' might let Jew waaay down
Duzn't call me down
When some oda' dude
Hangs Jewr heartstrin's out t'dry
As de waves crash around
And da damn stars hit da damn ground
I'll be out uh my mind once again
As de rain lashes waaay down
And da damn stars kin't be found
I gots'ta hold mah' haid high
Duzn't call me down
And plum gaze at da damn sky
I wuz unda' Jewr spell
And Jew took me t'hell
Duzn't call me down
If Jew wanna cry
I might let Jew waaay down
Duzn't call me down
If ya' wants' some lie
I might let Jew waaay down
Might let Jew waaay down
Might let Jew waaay down
Might let Jew waaay down
I wuz tryin' t'fo'get Jew
Yeah But Jew won't tell me how
Now Jew're out all upside town
Jew're plastered all upside town
Plastered all upside town
25th March 2008 12:41 PM
Mr Jurkka Gep? huh? I have never heard him saying "gep"?
25th March 2008 12:58 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:
Gep? huh? I have never heard him saying "gep"?

Hey !Forgeppaboudit!

(I can't gep no) Satisfaction
25th March 2008 08:37 PM
gorda
quote:
THE RAMBLER wrote:
Listening to SAL sampler. The title track and SFTD are awful! Same with JJF and SHe Was HOt! He has no power in his voice. I also can't stand the fact that he still sings "Hope you GEP my name" during SFTD. You'd think for a lvie album released to the public he'd be able to properly pronounce words. "Gep" isn't a word in any language that I know of. His voice was strong early on in the Bang tour, then it went to crap in Europe. Embarassing! I also hate when his voice goes really low to sing certain parts of song. Sadly, he sounds nasally and old. Please don't use the excuse that he still sounds good for his age. That may be true, but it's NOT good enough to do justice to the songs he sings.
[Edited by THE RAMBLER]

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

Well, why don't you try singing and dancing for three hours straight! Let's see how you sound!

I think he sounds great! He is amazing on stage! I love watching him perform. He has this raw sexual energy!

26th March 2008 01:16 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
gorda wrote:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

Well, why don't you try singing and dancing for three hours straight! Let's see how you sound!

I think he sounds great! He is amazing on stage! I love watching him perform. He has this raw sexual energy!

Photobucket
26th March 2008 07:32 AM
guitarman53 Jagger from Rollin Stone interview '68 asked the question "Often times when you record, you mumble your lyrics, is this done purposely as a style? (Jagger): that's when the bad lines come up, I mean I don't think the lyrics are that important, I remember when I was very young, this is very serious, I read an article by Fats Domino which has really influenced me, he said you should never sing the lyrics very clearly"
26th March 2008 11:42 AM
CrissCrossMind "I got my thrill on Blueberry Hill" ... his voice was near wreaked by the time of the Beacon ... yet many here cried when he took a night off to rest ... he's R&R singer so the voice aint that big a deal ... in the total band concept thingy ... let the boys rock on ...CCM
26th March 2008 01:28 PM
ebmp I think the way he sings is great, but the nasally sound bothers me a little...

But then again, the way he used to shout the words in the 70's bothered me too, so it's all good... I still think he's the best
26th March 2008 07:18 PM
THE RAMBLER http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ARdG5oseo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaZNRw1v8Ng
I have posted SFTD '89 and SFTD '07
Anybody who thinks the version from '07 is VOCALLY better than '89 needs their head examined and their ears drained. Prove me wrong! All the people attacking me! Find me a good VOCAL version of SFTD from the Bang tour and post it. Prove me wrong big mouths. Audio or video.
26th March 2008 08:11 PM
Soldatti
quote:
THE RAMBLER wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ARdG5oseo
Anybody who thinks the version from '07 is VOCALLY better than '89 needs their head examined and their ears drained. Prove me wrong! All the people attacking me! Find me a good VOCAL version of SFTD from the Bang tour and post it. Prove me wrong big mouths. Audio or video.

18 years is a BIG differece, even the '97 versions of any song is better than any version of '07.
Dudes are VERY old.
26th March 2008 08:18 PM
THE RAMBLER
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

18 years is a BIG differece, even the '97 versions of any song is better than any version of '07.
Dudes are VERY old.

Very sad, but I gep it's true.
26th March 2008 10:46 PM
open-g
quote:
THE RAMBLER wrote:

Very sad, but I gep it's true.

der, you nearly lost your teef
27th March 2008 10:47 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
THE RAMBLER wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ARdG5oseo

While this research is being done, please find me a good Sympathy guitar solo from '94 forward.

TIA!

27th March 2008 02:20 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

While this research is being done, please find me a good Sympathy guitar solo from '94 forward.

TIA!

There ain't one. But I didn't hear a suprisingly smokin' jam and wailing solo on Out Of Control when I saw them at the Rogers Centre in Toronto in 2005.
Left me gobsmacked, actually. SFTD solo... mmmm, not so much. But Jagger did nail that shrieking "tell me baby, what's my name" business at the end on that evening, which he sure as hell didn't do the times I saw them in '89 or '94 for that matter. I'm no apologist, I'm not blindly fawning over the recent performances as much as I love the band and their music, in fact I've been extremely critical at times. But ya gotta give credit where it's due.
Gep I'm just old fashioned that way.

27th March 2008 02:35 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
glencar wrote:
I gep this guy prefers the Gep Who to the current Stones?

Can we call you gepcar?

Your friend,

Factory geppy!
27th March 2008 03:32 PM
LSTNT SFTD at the Radio City Music show in 2006 was the best modern day performance I have ever seen. Jagger went nuts on that line you speak of below. I thought he was going to jump into the audience at that point.

quote:
polytoxic wrote:

But Jagger did nail that shrieking "tell me baby, what's my name" business at the end on that evening, which he sure as hell didn't do the times I saw them in '89 or '94 for that matter.

27th March 2008 04:00 PM
Joey
quote:

THE RAMBLER wrote:

Please don't use the excuse that he still sounds good for his age. That may be true, but it's NOT good enough to do justice to the songs he sings.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
27th March 2008 04:50 PM
sammy davis jr. At this point,live anyways, Jagger is more like a gymn instructor who sings than a singer. I wish the Stones would change the KEYS of the songs instead of Mick singing an octave lower in the traditional keys. It would sound much more natural. When you listen to stuff from the '72 Tour, you can see why he has no range anymore- he was basically shredding his voice every night.
27th March 2008 06:15 PM
Joey
quote:

sammy davis jr. wrote:

When you listen to stuff from the '72 Tour, you can see why he has no range anymore- he was basically shredding his voice every night.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
27th March 2008 06:19 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

TIA!

Rio 2005 was a pretty good solo and the solo that was on the stadium disc of four flicks rocked too.
28th March 2008 03:03 AM
marko Micks voice is getting lower,because of his age.Thats VERY
obvious and normal.On the shine a light,i hate the way he
sings she was hot,when he sings this way,you notice other
fuck ups easier.
Then,nothing on this universe matches The rolling stones in
and out of the studio 1966-1986.
Only exception,a real glimmer of the past was Voodoo tour.
Babylon comes close.Bigger bang is their worst,in all counts.Mostly because keith was very tired,and fingers and
brains were somewhere else.
Just listen tumbling dice from 1972 to 1982,fucking brilliant,keith rides the riff,and mick throws in some jibberish,nonsense.Beatifull if you ask me.
Only thing i donīt want to see now is,mick roll on stage,
or having a rope,or,football clothes.
Thoese wouldnīt suit for 63 year old.
With Licks and ABB tours,same thing happened.Shows got
worse when year changed.2002 was stronger than 2003.
Same with 2005(EX) but 2006 was below zero,not to mention
awful 2007.
28th March 2008 11:16 AM
Joey
quote:
marko wrote:
Micks voice is getting lower,because of his age.Thats VERY
fuck ups easier.
Babylon comes close.Bigger bang is their worst,in all counts.Mostly because keith was very tired,and fingers and
Just listen tumbling dice from 1972 to 1982,fucking brilliant,keith rides the riff,and mick throws in some jibberish,nonsense.Beatifull if you ask me.
awful 2007.

Hello Baby Marko , C10

Baby Joe , C10
28th March 2008 11:56 AM
EELPIE Joey?

28th March 2008 04:14 PM
THE RAMBLER
quote:
marko wrote:
Micks voice is getting lower,because of his age.Thats VERY
fuck ups easier.
awful 2007.

100% dead on! I'd like to add "She Was Hot" from Shine a Light maybe one of his worst vocal performances, until I heard JJFLash from the same movie, and the title song. HORRIBLE!
28th March 2008 04:37 PM
glencar They did Shine A Light & I missed it even though I was in attendance??? WTF??? You got insights.
28th March 2008 10:53 PM
THE RAMBLER I forgot to mention Micks goawful singing during Satisfaction. Terrible. This could be there worst liver release EVER! I know Mick had vocal troubles. Why the hell would you release this as a movie and a soundtrack then?!?! They could have recorded another show or 2 after the Bang tour ended and gone from there. Why not release a movie and soundtrack that has good VOCALS AND GUITARS!
Sadly, I wish overdubs were done for this project.
28th March 2008 11:00 PM
mrhipfl I don't like you.
29th March 2008 12:58 AM
BriansBabe
quote:
THE RAMBLER wrote:
I also can't stand the fact that he still sings "Hope you GEP my name" during SFTD. You'd think for a lvie album released to the public he'd be able to properly pronounce words. "Gep" isn't a word in any language that I know of.

...may I ask, to which language belongs the word "lvie" ????
I "Gep" you mean "live"?????
Well, itīs easy to judge over others, no?

Btw, Iīve never heard him singing "Gep"...and, I find, Mickīs voice and the way he sing a song, was and is, very special and unique!!!
[Edited by BriansBabe]
29th March 2008 09:49 AM
THE RAMBLER
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:

?

Btw, Iīve never heared him singing "Gep"...and, I find, Mickīs voice and the way he sing a song, was and is, very special and unique!!!

I gep that's your opinion. Clean your ears.
29th March 2008 09:51 AM
glencar y you such an asshole?
Page: 1 2 3 4

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)