ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Dave Hogan with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Micks LIVE singing is TERRIBLE! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
24th March 2008 07:01 PM
BluesMafia21 Mick's live singing sucks huh?

Not nearly as much as your own pathetic life.

He's Mick fuckin' Jagger.

And you are?

Enough said...
24th March 2008 08:01 PM
GotToRollMe Gep? Yer way ahead of me. I'm still wondering why he wanted to paint that rickshaw black.
24th March 2008 08:24 PM
mojoman
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Gep? Yer way ahead of me. I'm still wondering why he wanted to paint that rickshaw black.

sai wong?
24th March 2008 08:29 PM
THE RAMBLER Mick lost all power in his voice. I knew I'd get flamed for this one, but I stand by what I say. His singing on Steel Wheels and B2B on songs like SFTD are VASTLY superior to todays versions! His poor singing takes away from the power of the song. The songs lose there edge the way he sings them now. You all can deny all you want, but it's a fact. FYI, real great singing on She Was Hot on SAL soundtrack. He should have let Bernard do the lead and Mick could have stood between Lisa and Blondie supplying backing vocals. TERRIBLE!
24th March 2008 08:30 PM
Paranoid_Android RAMBLER...really...lame lame on you...

JAGGERISM 101:

1) CYHMK...Live Licks..."...trow me down da key"

next...
24th March 2008 08:35 PM
Paranoid_Android Rambler...in actual...Mick's voice is SO much better live now than say...pre 1989...simply because he is NO LONGER clocking in 5 miles plus (foward AND backwards) per stadium show...have you heard the 81 shows?!? AWFUL!!!

Since he has slowed down his pace...his vox has improved a great deal...also...if you know ANYTHING about that part of the tour...you know his throat was shot and missed (too)MANY Euro dates...and a few (Fuckin' AC!!!) nites here too...just so he could do the the film...your critique in not unwarranted...it's just mis-directed...

now...relax...enjoy the boards.

Call me when you reach 10 posts!!!
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
24th March 2008 08:42 PM
THE RAMBLER I actually prefer the '81 shows to now. His singing was strong 89-97. '99 NS tour weak vocals. Compare OOC '97 to OOC '99. No comparison. No power in his voice in '99. Licks tour. GREAT! Especillay club shows. That's How Strong, CYHMK etc. Bang tour- good vocals early, terrible towards the end.
FYI best version of SFTD vocally was 11/22/97 MGM Las Vegas. Last known show before guessed was changed to gep also!
24th March 2008 09:36 PM
BluesMafia21 [quote]Paranoid_Android wrote:
Rambler...in actual...Mick's voice is SO much better live now than say...pre 1989...simply because he is NO LONGER clocking in 5 miles plus (foward AND backwards) per stadium show...have you heard the 81 shows?!? AWFUL!!!

Since he has slowed down his pace...his vox has improved a great deal...also...if you know ANYTHING about that part of the tour...you know his throat was shot and missed (too)MANY Euro dates...and a few (Fuckin' AC!!!) nites here too...just so he could do the the film...your critique in not unwarranted...it's just mis-directed...

now...relax...enjoy the boards.

Exactly. The guy's entire thread-premise is completely flawed. Idiot.

[Edited by BluesMafia21]
24th March 2008 10:22 PM
akula gep down
24th March 2008 10:30 PM
mojoman gep off my cloud
24th March 2008 10:33 PM
andrews27
quote:
THE RAMBLER wrote:
Mick lost all power in his voice. I knew I'd get flamed for this one, but I stand by what I say. His singing on Steel Wheels and B2B on songs like SFTD are VASTLY superior to todays versions! His poor singing takes away from the power of the song. The songs lose there edge the way he sings them now. You all can deny all you want, but it's a fact. FYI, real great singing on She Was Hot on SAL soundtrack. He should have let Bernard do the lead and Mick could have stood between Lisa and Blondie supplying backing vocals. TERRIBLE!

Is it perhaps that he's a bored and, thus, boring singer now, after so little exercise with changing setlists? He was far more exciting slurring through '75-'76. Precisely because you couldn't be sure what was coming next.

People perceive art in different ways according to approach. I loved slurring 75-76 because that's when I first saw them, though Gazza and others frequently say they hate that stuff. To me, it's Mick simultaneously at his most privileged and at his blackest - an actor's paradox. Jolson had years like this.

I loved 78 when I saw it, but when they came back in 81 it seemed strained. There are few really inspired versions of "Beast of Burden" and "Time is on my Side" in 81 (compared to the number of swell BoBs in 78), though the ones that do resonate, and the good dates like Gothenberg 82, are impressive.

[Edited by andrews27]
24th March 2008 10:36 PM
mojoman
quote:
andrews27 wrote:

Is it perhaps that he's a bored and, thus, boring singer now, after so little exercise with changing setlists? He was far more exciting slurring through '75-'76.

slurrin in the seventies........
24th March 2008 10:38 PM
andrews27
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
RAMBLER...really...lame lame on you...

JAGGERISM 101:

1) CYHMK...Live Licks..."...trow me down da key"

next...

JAGGERISM 102, 103

"When the chain left the station..." (Love in Vain, on Ya-ya's)

"I was jeamin' last night..." (Emotional Rescue]

But why do we fucking care? I thought that's part of why we love these guys.

JAGGERISM 104

"Heartbreaker, with your bowling ball..."

[Edited by andrews27]
24th March 2008 10:44 PM
mrhipfl gep off his back guys.
24th March 2008 10:46 PM
andrews27
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
gep off his back guys.

His back is broad, but it's a hurtin'.
25th March 2008 12:34 AM
yellerstang You know, it's Jagger's personal taste in mis-pronunciation that makes him so original. "Start me up" (the original recording) is the ultimate example. He's hardly making words at all, but the effect is so overwhelmingly sexual and provocative.

I bet Rambler prefers this version of "Start me Up"....pronunciation and all!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P19CZn6Cswk

Oh, but wasn't the pronunciation fantastic?!

Congratulations, Rambler. You stand by the fact that you're an idiot.
25th March 2008 01:28 AM
GotToRollMe ...and it HOITS!"
25th March 2008 01:43 AM
pdog gep is the new jew!
25th March 2008 02:37 AM
maumau apart from this curious spellingcal correctivism i must remember that in the days just before the gigs at the beacon mick suffered of one of his (frequent) sore throats.
and you can tell exspecially on SWH, i think
25th March 2008 06:56 AM
Jumacfly I partly agree with the fact that Mick's voice sounds terrible on "Some Girls".
It s not really the voice,but the way he sings.

To be honest, I don t feel the same when listening to she was hot or loving cup..I m convinced by the frontal sound of the band, and the voice is ok on these tracks for me.

Anyway, I m more fan of the 81 Mick: raw,growling,or by the 70's Mick: shouting and more energic....

But I got a good feeling about the forthcoming record, simply because it sounds very fresh and raw compared to Live Slicks for example...

25th March 2008 07:43 AM
The jinn, my friend. An inability to annunciate or not.
It is just a cover for what he really passionately pursues.
;P

25th March 2008 08:18 AM
Some Guy Is this jb?
25th March 2008 08:34 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Is this jb?

or Saint Sway may be??
25th March 2008 09:18 AM
mojoman
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Is this jb?

miss jew?
25th March 2008 09:22 AM
Some Guy
quote:
mojoman wrote:

miss jew?

All About Jew
25th March 2008 09:25 AM
mojoman
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

All About Jew

jew can't always get what jew want.....
25th March 2008 09:34 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
andrews27 wrote:

JAGGERISM 102, 103

"When the chain left the station..." (Love in Vain, on Ya-ya's)

"I was jeamin' last night..." (Emotional Rescue]

But why do we fucking care? I thought that's part of why we love these guys.

JAGGERISM 104

"Heartbreaker, with your bowling ball..."

[Edited by andrews27]

The correct term, actually, is JAGBONICS.

25th March 2008 09:51 AM
Some Guy
quote:
mojoman wrote:

jew can't always get what jew want.....

jew make a grown man cry
25th March 2008 10:43 AM
StonesChick I love the way Mick has his own way of pronouncing certain words....this chick finds it charming.

ramble, ramble...what a great handle
25th March 2008 11:12 AM
The jinn, my friend.
Page: 1 2 3 4

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)