ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1969 Robert Altman with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Genesis Announces Tour Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
11th March 2007 06:21 AM
Jumping Jack $227 plus fees is a bargain. Cohl is a genius ay artificially creating demand. Crashing the website for a day during the presale and letting Pavlov's dogs drool another day was brilliant!
11th March 2007 08:05 AM
glencar
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Guess you haven't seen the box office that The Police tour is doing...

Good point!
11th March 2007 10:42 AM
Bitch
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i beg to differ. i think they will have no problem selling most of the tickets at giants. think about it. it is a heavily populated area. nj, ny, conn.....

I guarantee if I show up at the Stadium on show day, I'll get in for under $50.00. Heck, I might even get in for $20 if I wait till the last minute! No way will I worry about it selling out! Philly is even easier! Last Who show I got 9th row seats outside the venue for $40. The last Stones show at Giant's, people were buying/selling tickets in the parking lot, I bought decent seats at $100 for A PAIR! Some people got stuck with unused tickets! It was a crying shame, I tell you! Box office had nosebleeds for $99 day of the show. It's a big place, and people dont buy because its outside and the weather could ruin it. Thats why I'll wait till showday to decide. Giants Stadium is a gamble, weather-wise and the age group of the average Genesis fan is older and wont want to be stuck outside in the cold rain!
11th March 2007 11:03 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Bitch wrote:

I guarantee if I show up at the Stadium on show day, I'll get in for under $50.00. Heck, I might even get in for $20 if I wait till the last minute! No way will I worry about it selling out! Philly is even easier! Last Who show I got 9th row seats outside the venue for $40. The last Stones show at Giant's, people were buying/selling tickets in the parking lot, I bought decent seats at $100 for A PAIR! Some people got stuck with unused tickets! It was a crying shame, I tell you! Box office had nosebleeds for $99 day of the show. It's a big place, and people dont buy because its outside and the weather could ruin it. Thats why I'll wait till showday to decide. Giants Stadium is a gamble, weather-wise and the age group of the average Genesis fan is older and wont want to be stuck outside in the cold rain!

lisa and i were at the 2nd giants show too. we had 1st row small stage seats....omg.
it sounds like you have already made up your mind.....i make bets that you go to this show. hey, if they sell out...good for them.
it will be a nice day out......food/beers in the parking lot.....
i always have a grand time at giants stadium shows. i just wish they would post more traffic sighns around the area...last time we got lost leaving and well.....i won't go there.
11th March 2007 02:02 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:
Genesis with Gabriel was good, Gabriel's first 3 after Genesis are great. Phil Collins is what happens when drummers front a band!

Everyone knows that Phil Collins is a weeny. But Genesis with Peter Gabriel was good. "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" remains one of my all-time favorite albums. I also liked "Selling England By The Pound," "Nursery Cryme," and especially side two of "Foxtrot." I like a lot of Gabriel's solo work, but I find Genesis' post-Gabriel stuff to be unlistenable - actually, it goes beyond unlistenable - I find it downright aurally offensive.

11th March 2007 02:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Everyone knows that Phil Collins is a weeny. But Genesis with Peter Gabriel was good. "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" remains one of my all-time favorite albums. I also liked "Selling England By The Pound," "Nursery Cryme," and especially side two of "Foxtrot." I like a lot of Gabriel's solo work, but I find Genesis' post-Gabriel stuff to be unlistenable - actually, it goes beyond unlistenable - I find it downright aurally offensive.

I consider "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" as one of the best albums in rock history, I love the previous albums, but the post-Gabriel albums are not all unlistenable; check "Trick of the Tail" it's great and even "Wind and Withering" is OK, the post-Hackett Genesis is like a blurred shadow of the real Genesis. However I saw Genesis twice without Hackett and Gabriel and the show were great.

Stebe Hackett has a blues album "Blues with a feeling" and it's great. Steve is one cool guy, very simple and nice with the fans. I had a short conversation with him a day before one of the many shows he has played here and found him a great person.

Tony Banks falls in the same category not sure about all others.

Genesis was one of my fav bands in the early 70s
11th March 2007 02:25 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

I consider "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" as one of the best albums in rock history, I love the previous albums, but the post-Gabriel albums are not all unlistenable; check "Trick of the Tail" it's great and even "Wind and Withering" is OK, the post-Hackett Genesis is like a blury shadow of the real Genesis. However I saw Genesis twice without Hackett and Gabriel and the show were great.

Stebe Hackett has a blues album "Blues with a feeling" and it's great. Steve is one cool guy, very simple and nice with the fans. I had a short conversation with him a day before one of the many shows he has played here and found him a great person.

Tony Banks falls in the same category not sure about all others.

Genesis was one of my fav bands in the early 70s

Now that you mention it, I liked both "Trick of the Tail" and "Wind and Wuthering". There are some nice tunes on both albums. I actually saw Genesis on their first tour without Gabriel. I think Bill Bruford was on drums, but it might've been Chester Thompson...my memory is kind of hazy. I enjoyed it, but it just wasn't the same without Gabriel. I wish I could've seen the "Lamb" live...
11th March 2007 02:38 PM
Lord Homosex It's a mystery how someone who was such a bitch drummer could turn into such a whimp out front. He's just has no business fronting a band. All that sill "Oh shucks" armwaving and stuff...
But Nursery Chryme, Foxtrot, Selling England by the Pound and The Lamb Lies Down are all SUPERB. And I always include "Trespass" too. It is still before Collins, yet Collins would eventually turn "The Knife" into the live showpiece that it became. "Trick of a Trail" still had enough of the goodness left in the fold that it translated over into the grooves. First time I heard "Volcano" I was sure it was Gabriel actually. Thought there was a mistake.
11th March 2007 02:46 PM
Highwire Rob My fave Collins era track is Paper Late. I was disappointed that they didn't put this on the Greatest Hits (single CD). I do, however, have it as a download & burn. Correct me if I'm wrong but is this track still only officially on THREE SIDES LIVE?

Also, do you think Phil will be going shirtless with arm sweat bands?
11th March 2007 02:49 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

yeah...they went pop for sure, but hey they made big bucks.

...digging in the dirt...find the places i got hurt...
11th March 2007 02:51 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

Also, do you think Phil will be going shirtless with arm sweat bands?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NO

he is to old for that stuff

everybody say ow
11th March 2007 04:27 PM
glencar
quote:
Bitch wrote:

In 1997, Giants stadium tix were being offered for $5 as the show started.
11th March 2007 04:43 PM
TampabayStone Have not read any of this thread, but I am fine with them touring. I might even go seem them if I scored a freebie!!

Although, I think Phil is a wee bit ghey..
14th March 2007 04:40 PM
Bitch Did anyone else receive an email from Ticketmaster about the Genesis absurd pre-sale? They are actually asking people to BID on tickets, setting your own price! What is this, a joke? It's an auction, Bid Now! You get to select a city and name your price!! What is this, Priceline.com for Genesis??? Absolutely crazy, IMO.
14th March 2007 04:47 PM
Dan
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Did anyone else receive an email from Ticketmaster about the Genesis absurd pre-sale? They are actually asking people to BID on tickets, setting your own price! What is this, a joke? It's an auction, Bid Now! You get to select a city and name your price!! What is this, Priceline.com for Genesis??? Absolutely crazy, IMO.

This is how I almost always do big concerts. Let everyone holding know what I am paying and just kick back and wait for someone to take my offer.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)