ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1969 Robert Altman with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Genesis Announces Tour Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
8th March 2007 02:13 PM
monkey_man OMIGOD. . .I'm so not going to this!

Genesis Announces North American Tour
Thursday, March 8, 2007

Genesis is coming to America this fall.

The band, which is preparing to go on the road for the first time in 15 years, has announced the dates for the North American leg of its "Turn It on Again" tour.

The 13-city stadium tour will open in Toronto on Sept. 7 and end in Los Angeles on Oct. 12. Other destinations are Boston; Montreal; Hartford, Conn.; Philadelphia; Columbus, Ohio; Washington; East Rutherford, N.J.; Cleveland; Detroit; Chicago; and San Jose, Calif.

Genesis was formed in 1966 by Mike Rutherford, Tony Banks, Anthony Phillips and Peter Gabriel, who left the group in 1975 and was replaced by Phil Collins. They became one of the biggest bands of the '70s and '80s, with hits such as "Turn It on Again,""Follow You, Follow Me,""That's All" and "Invisible Touch."

Collins, who quit the band to go solo in 1996, has said the reunion wasn't motivated by money.

"I think we are all loaded enough not to worry about where the next million or two is coming from," the 56-year-old singer said. "I just felt now was the right time to have a go at it."
8th March 2007 02:16 PM
jb They truly are one of the lamest acts of the past 100 yrs...
8th March 2007 02:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
They truly are one of the lamest acts of the past 100 yrs...

That I agree with 100%.
8th March 2007 02:19 PM
nankerphelge At a recent party, I was "treated" to the full-length concert video of Genesis at Wembly circa 1988.

Wow!

What a total waste of time and electricity.

Music to be rammed up the poop-chute by.

I don't get it at all.
8th March 2007 02:20 PM
Saint Sway Lethargy just jizzed on his keyboard
8th March 2007 02:42 PM
pdog Genesis with Gabriel was good, Gabriel's first 3 after Genesis are great. Phil Collins is what happens when drummers front a band!
8th March 2007 02:45 PM
Jumping Jack Which is worst, U2, the Police, or Genesis?
8th March 2007 02:50 PM
glencar U2 is great, teh Police *were* good & Genesis is like pdog stated.
8th March 2007 02:51 PM
pdog
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Which is worst, U2, the Police, or Genesis?

Van Halen!
8th March 2007 02:57 PM
BILL PERKS RIK FROM THE YOUNG ONES ONCE SAID "GOD I'M BORED...I MIGHT AS WELL BE LISTENING TO GENESIS" (1984)
8th March 2007 02:58 PM
glencar And they only got more boring from there...
8th March 2007 03:01 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

Van Halen!

you know what... for as much as I bash VH, I'll say this, they're not boring. A complete joke? YES! A laughing R&R parody? SURE. But at least they tried to rock once upon a time.

but U2, Police and Genesis are just boring farts making boring music. BORING! Theres not a single drop of R&R in those bands.

I'll take crackhead Ed, his tubby teenage kid and the smiling clown with the hair piece any day over any of those bland bands
8th March 2007 03:01 PM
Dan I was just watching Police on Rockpalast 1980. They definitely rocked then.
8th March 2007 03:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Which is worst, U2, the Police, or Genesis?

Don't forget to throw in Styx, Creed and Journey.
8th March 2007 03:03 PM
Saint Sway Sting NEVER rocked.

in fact, if R&R is in the room, Sting will suck the life out of it

that is why he is Sting

it is sole purpose in life to be bland and sucky
8th March 2007 03:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Don't forget to throw in Styx, Creed and Journey.

please dont pick on Journey.

I have been told numerous times that Pug is very sensitive and does not like it when we mock his favorite bands
8th March 2007 03:08 PM
Some Guy
8th March 2007 03:11 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Sting NEVER rocked.

in fact, if R&R is in the room, Sting will suck the life out of it

that is why he is Sting

it is sole purpose in life to be bland and sucky

Nothing bland about them then. But considering the abomination that is Sting's solo career I would have been happy if Andy and Stewart toured some scab Police ala New Cars or most of the classic rock bands on the road today.
8th March 2007 03:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:
considering the abomination that is Sting's solo career I would have been happy if Andy and Stewart toured some scab Police ala New Cars or most of the classic rock bands on the road today.

thanks! I had forgotten about the Cars/new cars.

they definately belong on the bland list with U2, Genesis and all things Sting.
8th March 2007 03:20 PM
Jumping Jack I actually saw Styx last summer with Foreigner and they were better than I anticipated.
8th March 2007 03:22 PM
pdog I stapled paper to my face, it didn't hurt as much as I anticipated!
8th March 2007 03:22 PM
Jumping Jack Since Steely Dan is coming back to Chastain again this summer I'll throw them in the boring as hell group as well. Much worse than I expected. Sorry kins.
8th March 2007 03:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
Dan wrote:
I was just watching Police on Rockpalast 1980. They definitely rocked then.

The Police werent bad, but I remember watching that show "live" and the universal opinion at the time, even from Police fans was that it was an underrehearsed shambles.
8th March 2007 03:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I actually saw Styx last summer with Foreigner and they were better than I anticipated.

You set the bar pretty low huh?
8th March 2007 03:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
At a recent party, I was "treated" to the full-length concert video of Genesis at Wembly circa 1988.

Thats the musical equivalent of having your haemorrhoids lanced.
8th March 2007 03:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I actually saw Styx last summer with Foreigner and they were better than I anticipated.

++++ BLANK FRIGGIN' STARE ++++
8th March 2007 03:25 PM
Jumping Jack "I stapled paper to my face, it didn't hurt as much as I anticipated!"

Dead from the shoulders up, LOL?
8th March 2007 03:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
I stapled paper to my face, it didn't hurt as much as I anticipated!

LOL

this is why pdog is the gold standard of posting
8th March 2007 03:27 PM
Dan
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

The only thing more exciting than a Foreigner/Styx show would be a Def Leppard/Foreigner/Styx show. See my sig.
8th March 2007 03:27 PM
MRD8 Does Genesis really think they can fill stadiums in the U.S. while charging $55-$240 per ticket? They'll be embarrased when some of their shows have less fans than would fill an arena, much less a stadium!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)