ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1969 Robert Altman with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Genesis Announces Tour Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
9th March 2007 12:17 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Wait a minute . . . . Paris has anal warts???? Is there video of them???

Plenty. She even named them: Nicole and Lindsey. They're everywhere.
9th March 2007 12:23 PM
Lethargy By the way, whoever said "Was this Cohl's idea?" I don't know if they were kidding, but it turns out...Cohl IS the promoter!
9th March 2007 12:29 PM
jb
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
By the way, whoever said "Was this Cohl's idea?" I don't know if they were kidding, but it turns out...Cohl IS the promoter!

Cohl has become the most powerful rock promoter in history.
[Edited by jb]
9th March 2007 12:41 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Cohl has become the most powerful rock promoter in history.
[Edited by jb]

but unlike Bill Graham, he will not be honored. His legacy will be that of greed. Where Graham walked the fine line of being able to give to the fans and still take care of the bands. He cared about the music and nurtured many acts.

Cohl is a blood sucking leech
9th March 2007 12:54 PM
Lethargy Unfortunately, my jizz is not forthcoming.

It would be, if they were going to be playing selections from these albums (all of which are awesome, if you like the whole pretentious prog rock thing like me):

Trespass
Nursery Cryme
Selling England By the Pound
Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
Trick Of the Tail

Unfortunately, it will just be more pathetic selections from:

Duke
Abacab
Genesis (self titled)
Invisible Touch
We Can't Dance

Apparently they were inches away from having a real reunion (including Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett) and doing the Lamb in its entirety, but Gabriel pussed out at the last minute.

Don't cry, Sway. It might happen in the future.

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Lethargy just jizzed on his keyboard

9th March 2007 12:57 PM
Saint Sway ******BLANK FRIGGIN STARE******
9th March 2007 01:33 PM
Lethargy Sway, you're the man...you seem to have this invisible touch over me.

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
******BLANK FRIGGIN STARE******

9th March 2007 01:46 PM
Saint Sway why dont you go and su-su-sudio yourself
9th March 2007 02:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

but unlike Bill Graham, he will not be honored. His legacy will be that of greed. Where Graham walked the fine line of being able to give to the fans and still take care of the bands. He cared about the music and nurtured many acts.

Cohl is a blood sucking leech

The man who single handedly killed rock n roll

He is the music world's equivalent of Don King.

And THAT isn't a good thing.
[Edited by Gazza]
9th March 2007 02:57 PM
Special Ed Genesis be scret trippin'
9th March 2007 02:59 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Special Ed wrote:
Genesis be scret trippin'

Starbuck is that you?
9th March 2007 03:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

[Edited by Gazza]

I trust you're referring to Cohl, right?
9th March 2007 03:40 PM
Gazza Of course
9th March 2007 03:51 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Of course

whew!
9th March 2007 04:01 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Of course

Cohl is seen as the mercenary; yet he is doing exactly what his cleints want him to do..from the Stones to The Police, he is making his clients millions.
9th March 2007 04:12 PM
Lethargy I still think that they (Stones, others) could have made even MORE millions, particularly on this last tour, by better estimation of the demand. Selling more seats, even at less per ticket, can still equal the same amount.

That, plus they end up with more respect. Seems like a no brainer to me. But I didn't do the math - maybe Cohl had it perfect.

quote:
jb wrote:

Cohl is seen as the mercenary; yet he is doing exactly what his cleints want him to do..from the Stones to The Police, he is making his clients millions.

9th March 2007 04:17 PM
jb
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
I still think that they (Stones, others) could have made even MORE millions, particularly on this last tour, by better estimation of the demand. Selling more seats, even at less per ticket, can still equal the same amount.

That, plus they end up with more respect. Seems like a no brainer to me. But I didn't do the math - maybe Cohl had it perfect.

THEY MISCALCULATED THE DEMAND, BUT STILL CAME OUT WAY AHEAD BY PLAYING STADIUMS TO 30K AS OPPOSED TO ARENAS OF 12K.
9th March 2007 04:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

treating their fans like idiots?? Is that what they want? Because the fan clubs, deluxe packages and hot seat packaging and all the other crap is just insulting to the fans. Obviously they just look at us as herds of brainless sheep with giant wallets.
9th March 2007 04:31 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

treating their fans like idiots?? Is that what they want? Because the fan clubs, deluxe packages and hot seat packaging and all the other crap is just insulting to the fans. Obviously they just look at us as herds of brainless sheep with giant wallets.

BAAAA
9th March 2007 04:32 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

BAAAA

BAAAAA$$$$$$$$$$$AAAAAAA
9th March 2007 06:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

....and helping them destroy what credibility they have left - but hey, as long as they make enough cash at all costs to see them through those next difficult 5,000 years up ahead, thats the main thing.

It's only rock'n' roll, apparently....
[Edited by Gazza]
10th March 2007 09:35 AM
Bitch Obviously Phil Collins has few fans here, and I've never been a big fan either, I have 1 old Genesis cassette somewhere collecting dust. But I would go see them IF they played a small venue and the tickets were cheap, but def not Giants Stadium, I doubt they will be able to sell 80,000 tickets! MSG would have been a better venue IMO.
however,,,
It COULD be a good night out, at a theatre gig or a club show, and at the right price (under $50!). But stadiums or arenas, no thanks!

I see no ticket prices on this thread....that will make or break this tour! If it's a wallet-buster then it's doomed!
10th March 2007 02:02 PM
glencar The only genesis song I possibly like is "No Son of Mine" & even that's on the fence creasing my butt...
10th March 2007 02:17 PM
glencar This is a link to Mick & Warren leaving Madeo restaurant last week...

http://www.mollygood.com/celebrities/mick-jagger/hyde-and-go-old-20070306.php

10th March 2007 03:33 PM
mojoman phil collins rocks
10th March 2007 04:37 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

[Edited by Gazza]

Old King Cohl?

10th March 2007 07:05 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Obviously Phil Collins has few fans here, and I've never been a big fan either, I have 1 old Genesis cassette somewhere collecting dust. But I would go see them IF they played a small venue and the tickets were cheap, but def not Giants Stadium, I doubt they will be able to sell 80,000 tickets! MSG would have been a better venue IMO.
however,,,
It COULD be a good night out, at a theatre gig or a club show, and at the right price (under $50!). But stadiums or arenas, no thanks!

I see no ticket prices on this thread....that will make or break this tour! If it's a wallet-buster then it's doomed!

i beg to differ. i think they will have no problem selling most of the tickets at giants. think about it. it is a heavily populated area. nj, ny, conn.....
10th March 2007 07:23 PM
glencar There won't be much interest in a band that hasn't done anything in 20 years. Phil's most recent activity was writing a tepid Broadway musical based on Disney's Tarzan cartoon.
10th March 2007 07:27 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
glencar wrote:
There won't be much interest in a band that hasn't done anything in 20 years.

Guess you haven't seen the box office that The Police tour is doing...
11th March 2007 05:54 AM
Prodigal Son I'm not big into prog rock, and never will be. But I do enjoy Gabriel's work for the most part. One of the most underrated singers because when he wanted to sing the rock stuff, he was excellent (Genesis proved this and in his solo career he is really impressive vocally on songs like "Modern Love," "On the Air," "D.I.Y" "Perspective," "And Through the Wire," "I Don't Remember" and "Shock the Monkey"). His first 3 albums were good with PG III being a classic, while his last 3 less so (not including the good soundtrack to Last Temptation of Christ-called Passion).

Hell, he's only done 3 studio works in the past 21 years. I'm guessing the more mainstream overtones that hurt his big smash 86 album So, was a result of maybe a bit of competition when he saw all the hits his replacement was having with his old band and on his own. Genesis under Gabriel was ok, but was just crap under Collins and it only got worse from his takeover. While Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering followed thed old formula and weren't all that bad, And Then There Were Three sucks and Duke and Abacab are just lame.

They were barely a prog rock band anymore by the time the lousy Genesis and Invisible Touch were dropped like an unsuspecting bomb. We Can't Dance is pretty shitty stuff too. Their pop stuff had som tricky arrangements in the early 80s before going totally soft. "Turn it on Again" is a decent song and I believe it's in 5/4. Collins is a good singer too, not quite Gabriel but still. But his songwriting is as maudlin and poppy as they come. Collins' solo work=even worse!
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)