ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Are You Retarded or Just Stupid? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
March 7th, 2005 01:52 PM
Joey " but he's still a friend and I love him to death. "

< ------- Ya wanna share that love ?!?!?!

My thoughts EXACTLY little fella :

LadyJane ..................................

Tonight , ....Come To Joey .
March 7th, 2005 02:09 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:
" but he's still a friend and I love him to death. "

< ------- Ya wanna share that love ?!?!?!

My thoughts EXACTLY little fella :

LadyJane ..................................

Tonight , ....Come To Joey .

No. See, you're MINE tonight, Joey. LJ gets you tomorrow.
I'm going to love you like you've never been loved before. Then, wait 'til LJ gets ahold of you. You won't even remember who "Cafe Hostess Jill" was.
March 7th, 2005 02:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh my.

I hit a nerve.

Who'da guessed?

LJ....did I ever ask you to defend me? Do you really think I need anyone to defend me? And defend me from what, reactions that I was/am deliberately trying to provoke?

You are a sweetheart, my babe, and I love ya to death. You have a heart the size of Alaska. But sometimes you need to think with your brain instead of your heart. You put a heart that size out there too often, and people will walk all over it.

Gypsy...

Guess you missed my class in sarcasm. Not to worry, it's a class I teach frequently...I'll even waive your tuition if you blow me.
March 7th, 2005 02:43 PM
LadyJane You accomplished EXACTLY what you intended, SS.

No hard feelings....this beats an afternoon of watching the Dutch twins soliciting PM's.

I guess I need to be more serious, like you. I shall try.

One more thing from my Alaska sized heart...."I miss JB"!!

LJ.
March 7th, 2005 02:57 PM
Sir Stonesalot >You accomplished EXACTLY what you intended, SS.<

Do you think so?

My dear, when have you ever known me to do anything else?

OK, fun time over. I gotta go get my kid and make dinner.

SS, domestic wonderman, bids you all a pleasant rest of the day.

*smooch*
March 7th, 2005 03:12 PM
gypsy Bye SS. I guess you accomplished whatever it was that you wanted. More turmoil? I hope you enjoyed it.
LadyJane, you could never be full of bitterness and hatred. He obviously hardened his heart a long time ago.
March 7th, 2005 03:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
...."I miss JB"!!

Me too.

March 7th, 2005 03:18 PM
gypsy I miss JB too. I miss the jb/joey camaraderie. I guarantee you that those are the two LJ and I will have the most fun with at the gathering.
March 7th, 2005 03:39 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I miss JB too. I miss the jb/joey camaraderie. I guarantee you that those are the two LJ and I will have the most fun with at the gathering.

Is there going to be potato salad at this gathering?...
March 7th, 2005 03:46 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm bringing kettle cooked potato chips, Amish macaroni salad, fresh trout, and whoopie pies. Some fresh bread and butter corn if it's in season. I'm hoping the trout will still be alive when I get there. They are best if grilled within a couple of minutes after gutting.

Either that or a big ol' fat hog. Nothing better than a pig roast. Some people get squeemish when you kill the pig. But if you know what you are doing, the pig never feels a thing.

Anyone have a pig cooker and a big ol' black iron cauldron we could use?

No?

OK, I guess I'll have to bring that stuff too. Lemme guess. I gotta bring the saurkraut.

You people are no fun.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
March 7th, 2005 03:53 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Think what ya'll like.

No bullshit, in 2004, 4 different people emailed or PMd me to say they were going elsewhere, or not going to be around as much, because of the JB/Joey show. I know at least 2 other people who won't even bother with this place because of them.

That's six people. And that's just who I know about. I'll wager there's more. Maybe those people will come back eventually, I dunno.

I hope so.

this saddens me. Avoiding off topic threads is not hard to do, i encourage those who left to come back and to those who refuse, well, tough shit...we need not have the Whiners around here.
March 7th, 2005 04:05 PM
Joey " I'm going to love you like you've never been loved before. "

Gyps...............

You make Joey more and more moist.

" The kid is now hotter than Georgia Asphalt Ronnie ! "

Bursce !
[Edited by Joey]
March 7th, 2005 04:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I'm going to love you like you've never been loved before. "

ALL FOURS ?!?!

not a very good post....we are going to have to have you come in on Saturday
March 7th, 2005 04:21 PM
F505 This board is going down the drain.
March 7th, 2005 04:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, that was kinda my point.
March 7th, 2005 04:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
F505 wrote:
This board is going down the drain.

we could use your help f505, my schedule has not permitted me to be as annoying and entertaining as i can be these last few days.
March 7th, 2005 05:05 PM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Yeah, that was kinda my point.

This board started going down the drain a loooong time ago. And it wasn't jb or joey's fault.
March 7th, 2005 05:07 PM
Riffhard You guys can say what you want,but I gotta tell ya RO is way way better than Screwy Lewy's site! Just my two cents.

Riffhard
March 7th, 2005 05:09 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

This board started going down the drain a loooong time ago. And it wasn't jb or joey's fault.

For My Princess ........................

" Woman "
( John Lennon )

" Woman I can hardly express
My mixed emotions at my thoughtlessness
After all I'm forever in your debt
And woman I will try to express
My inner feelings and thankfulness
For showing me the meaning of success

Ooh, well, well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Ooh, well, well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo

Woman I know you understand
The little child inside of the man
Please remember my life is in your hands
And woman hold me close to your heart
However distant don't keep us apart
After all it is written in the stars

Ooh, well, well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Ooh, well, well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Well

Woman please let me explain
I never meant to cause you sorrow or pain
So let me tell you again and again and again

I love you, yeah, yeah
Now and forever
I love you, yeah, yeah
Now and forever
I love you, yeah, yeah
Now and forever
I love you, yeah, yeah .....( fade to Baby Steel Magnolia ) "

March 7th, 2005 05:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot Thanks for making my point for me Joey.
March 7th, 2005 05:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Thanks for making my point for me Joey.

i shall accept your thanks on behalf of Brother Joey
March 7th, 2005 05:44 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

For My Princess ........................

" Woman "
( John Lennon )

" Woman I can hardly express
My mixed emotions at my thoughtlessness
After all I'm forever in your debt
And woman I will try to express
My inner feelings and thankfulness
For showing me the meaning of success

Ooh, well, well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Ooh, well, well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo

Woman I know you understand
The little child inside of the man
Please remember my life is in your hands
And woman hold me close to your heart
However distant don't keep us apart
After all it is written in the stars

Ooh, well, well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Ooh, well, well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Well

Woman please let me explain
I never meant to cause you sorrow or pain
So let me tell you again and again and again

I love you, yeah, yeah
Now and forever
I love you, yeah, yeah
Now and forever
I love you, yeah, yeah
Now and forever
I love you, yeah, yeah .....( fade to Baby Steel Magnolia ) "

Thank you my darling Joey. That was beautiful, and it almost made me cry.
March 7th, 2005 05:46 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Thank you my darling Joey. That was beautiful, and it almost made me cry.

My lovely Queen Bee :

Come To Joey .....

I just ' soaped my crack ' and if that ain't love I don't know what is .....................

Little Frisky !
March 7th, 2005 05:51 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

My lovely Queen Bee :

Come To Joey .....

I just ' soaped my crack ' and if that ain't love I don't know what is .....................

Little Frisky !

Wow! I don't think you even soaped your crack for "Cafe Hostess Bruce"...err, I mean, "Jill."
I feel special. Not tardrite-wearin', sittin'-in-the-short bus-with-Ianbillen special either.
March 7th, 2005 06:53 PM
Madafaka Do you have too much free time? Come on, guys! RO is the best RS place in the whole net, but is just that, a RS place. There is a life outside!
Here are great people, but what's about your real FRIENDS? People you can touch, see live, share a drink or a dinner, etc, etc? Give me a break! Just take things as they are.

I know a lot of great/funny people here, and some of them will hate me after this post, but is my point of view. You can share it or not, but isn't wrong because is a point of view!
Easy... Next tour is coming!
March 7th, 2005 07:14 PM
Jumacfly

Stupid but having a cute tractor, what about you??
March 7th, 2005 07:16 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Do you have too much free time? Come on, guys! RO is the best RS place in the whole net, but is just that, a RS place. There is a life outside!
Here are great people, but what's about your real FRIENDS? People you can touch, see live, share a drink or a dinner, etc, etc? Give me a break! Just take things as they are.

I know a lot of great/funny people here, and some of them will hate me after this post, but is my point of view. You can share it or not, but isn't wrong because is a point of view!
Easy... Next tour is coming!

Great post, I couldn't have said it better myself and it was just what I was thinking. This is a great place to share your love for the Stones, music, and life in general. It's a great way to pass away your time here in cyberspace but there is a life outside just waiting to be explored, savored. Life's too short to be taken too seriously. It should be spent in the pursuit of meaningful, life enriching experiences and fun filled moments, pleasures whenever and wherever possible.

[Edited by time is on my side]
March 7th, 2005 07:19 PM
Starbuck as a newbie of sorts, perhaps i don't know beans from a pile of shit. however, i have known many of you in different venues for several years, so maybe i realize what SS is saying.

i think posting around here lately parallels american culture. we americans used to put good books, movies and music the likes of john steinbeck, star wars and bob dylan, but now what do we got? john grisham, justin timberlake and another sequel to a late 70s sitcom plastered on a giant screen TV for nine bucks and a tub of popcorn and small coke for $15?

creativity comes in spurts. sophocles, euripides, aeschylus and the like all lived and wrote at roughly the same time, as did shakespeare, marlowe and johnson, and tolstoy, dostoevsky, gogol and the rest (if memory serves). the revoltuionary war era had washington, jefferson, franklin, the adams boys and their cronies. and the late 60s had such luminaries as dylan, john & paul and george, mick and keith and the boys, and joe raposo.

right now, RO is going through a "heavy metal hair band" phase, perhaps.

off to the tub!
March 7th, 2005 07:42 PM
MrPleasant With one post you shook the board, SS. There's no denying.

New music from the Stones coming soon!!!!!!
March 7th, 2005 08:25 PM
Some Guy It's all good! Joey has lost his passion, but things are fine. As long as BILL PERKS stays, it can't be wrong!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood