ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Are You Retarded or Just Stupid? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
March 6th, 2005 12:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot What the hell has happened to my beloved Rocks Off?

I look at the board and I feel sad. That isn't a good thing. I love this place. Where did this flood of nitwits and fucknuts come from? Why isn't anyone taking a stand?

I used to be able to find 5-10 different threads that I'd want to post in every day. Now it takes me days or WEEKS to find ONE thread to post in.

This is just so wrong. I'm so bummed out.
March 6th, 2005 12:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I used to be able to find 5-10 different threads that I'd want to post in every day. Now it takes me days or WEEKS to find ONE thread to post in.

Well ... start some. The Drinking Thread continues...
March 6th, 2005 12:32 PM
Barney Fife
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
What the hell has happened to my beloved Rocks Off?

I look at the board and I feel sad. That isn't a good thing. I love this place. Where did this flood of nitwits and fucknuts come from? Why isn't anyone taking a stand?

Come on over to the Hank III Cussin' Board. It's segmented into different categories so that you can more quickly zero in on your interests. Plus it's got advanced features like searching, being able to save a certain amount of PMs, nothing dropping off into archives, etc., that make it far superior to Novogate boards.

http://64.247.23.87/phpBB2/index.php

B.

March 6th, 2005 12:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

JB left.
March 6th, 2005 12:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels There's nothing wrong with the world that another dollar in the jukebox won't cure.
March 6th, 2005 12:42 PM
iluvmickjagger07 im retarded.
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

we all know that answer. its because keithrichardsgrl and i came along.
March 6th, 2005 12:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Well ... start some<

Well....what did I just do? Duh.

Not only that, but I started the drinking thread and the what are you listening to thread, although I called it the what's in your CD player thread. Those threads are both alive and kicking.

Sorry, but I can't bring myself to start threads about Metallica or Motley Crue, and I don't care what people's jobs or ethnicity are.

[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
March 6th, 2005 12:49 PM
gordo i love her
March 6th, 2005 12:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Not only that, but I started the drinking thread and the what are you listening to thread, although I called it the what's in your CD player thread. Those threads are both alive and kicking.

I knew that. The drinking thread may well go down in history as the most successful thread EVER started. But a true artist does NOT rest on past succeses.

March 6th, 2005 02:29 PM
crb69 The answer is that the Stones need to put out a CD already & stop cashing in on music they made 20-40 years ago. If they want to do that they should release some old stuff that we never heard (or saw) before. Otherwise boys please shit or get off the pot already! Announce the tour & please release a kick ass new CD so we have something to discuss here!

Thank you...
March 6th, 2005 02:50 PM
LadyJane Lack of Stones news is part of the problem. But SS is right. Something has changed. It IS sad. We seem to have lost many good posters.

Besides the Drinking thread and Superblow, I hardly post at all.

JB left and a lot of the craziness went with him. Maybe he was right...maybe he and Joey DID keep things going during the dull times. I miss them. They made me laugh like Hell. That is my opinion and I'm sure others will disagree vehemently. I don't really care.

Thanks SS...maybe if we talk about it...we'll come to some conclusions.

LJ.

March 6th, 2005 02:54 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

I really understood your point Stonesy. I just hope this board doesn't fall in a deep endless hiatus......

Also I would like to say that I REALLY enjoy almost every fuckin' word you say.

Take care!

Your pal!

Jacky!
March 6th, 2005 05:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot No, it isn't the lack of anything happening in the Stones camp. There have been lots and lots of lulls and it never got like this.

I don't know what the fuck is going on here, but I know it sucks. And it makes me sad. I hope it's just a phase?

And LJ, it wasn't that Joshy left. Those guys drove away the very people who would be holding things together now. If anything, this is THEIR fault.

This is distressing me. Time for a drink or five.
March 6th, 2005 05:27 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I don't know what the fuck is going on here, but I know it sucks. And it makes me sad. I hope it's just a phase?

And LJ, it wasn't that Joshy left. Those guys drove away the very people who would be holding things together now. If anything, this is THEIR fault.

Bullshit..SS. This is not THEIR fault. If there had been a mass exodus of anti-10k twin posters, why haven't they returned??? I don't buy it. Just my opinion, though.

I really think it is a phase. Combination of people being busy, no REAL Stones news and other places to post.

Things will get back to normal. I have faith.

Who knows? Maybe this is the new face of RO....maybe SS and I are in the minority and nothing is wrong at all. It's all a matter of opinion.

LJ.
March 6th, 2005 05:40 PM
Some Guy Just Stupid.
March 6th, 2005 05:41 PM
West 8 Hey SS,why diden't you make it down last year to Stones weekend in the Poconos. I thought you were going to. I not trying to highjack your thread BUT there is another one comming this April 1-3.
March 6th, 2005 06:04 PM
corgi37 I dont miss anyone once they've left. People go for their own reasons. Who cares? I think its pretty bad manners to call people names. Sure, there are some morons here (maybe i'm one?), but they dont seem to last long, or they soon adapt to the group way of thinking.

Joey and JB are lovely people, but i can get sick of their posts some times. And the hijacking.

SS, just because some people's posts arent worthy of a Pulitzer is no reason to come down on them.

Having no Stones news of note also is not helping.
[Edited by corgi37]
March 6th, 2005 07:51 PM
gypsy I agree with LadyJane 100%. And, y'know, if joey or jb ever want to be the first and ONLY male members of the ROCC, that would be fine by me.
March 6th, 2005 09:03 PM
Soldatti The lack of Stones news is the main reason.
March 6th, 2005 09:50 PM
Make It Funky My two cents worth: To try and paraphrase Keith Richards:

Rock and roll will never go away. It cant. It goes on holidays, goes on a hiatus, but it can't ever become extinct. It happens in lulls.. and then makes a resurgence.

Same with the Rocks off site. There's a lull. Its healthy.
Time for you to collect your thoughts. To reflect. To regroup. Recharge. Rejuvenate yourself mate.

Guarunteed, once the Stones get back up and running, this site will be even busier than it has ever been before. This I promise you. So.. chill man.. chill~...

Cheers! ;-)
March 6th, 2005 11:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot Think what ya'll like.

No bullshit, in 2004, 4 different people emailed or PMd me to say they were going elsewhere, or not going to be around as much, because of the JB/Joey show. I know at least 2 other people who won't even bother with this place because of them.

That's six people. And that's just who I know about. I'll wager there's more. Maybe those people will come back eventually, I dunno.

I hope so.
March 6th, 2005 11:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Are You Retarded or Just Stupid?

Hey Sir... Do I have other options?

To be honest just take a look to all other boards, it's slow times everywhere and I gotta admit is a very "special" time for us, even boring sometimes

...but we will survive
March 6th, 2005 11:41 PM
BILL PERKS NO MATTER WHO LEAVES THIS PLACE IT'S STILL MORE INTERESTING SHIDOOBEE AND MAXY'S..I PERSONALLY AM ENJOYING READING JOEY DROWN WITHOUT HIS LOVER.IT'S TRUE MANY NEW POSTERS OFFER NOTHING MUCH OF SUBSTANCE BUT EVERYBODY'S GOTTA START SOMEWHERE.
WE STILL HAVE THE FABULOUS FIJI,GLENCAR,TEN THOUSAND MOTELS,KATH,LADY JANE,SOME GUY,GAZZA,FLIGHT 505,JUMACFLY,MACDADDY,GYPSY AND THE IMMORTAL IAN BILLEN TO KEEP US AMUSED.I DO MISS IZZY.
IF THIS SHIP SINKS I'M GOIN DOWN WITH IT!

EDITED BY A KINDLER,GENTLER, PERKS
March 6th, 2005 11:42 PM
exile I wouldnt go as far as saying people here are Retarded or Just Stupid! I certainly am not,

I am not a regular poster
I am may not post because I am busy for 3 or 6 months at a time.

Then eventually I will come back and post something here or there if i have a question.

I have never however thought it was boring here...even lately. with no stones news......

Perhaps the posts posted lately have not interested Sir Stones but do intrest other people that or people always think the good old days were better.

[Edited by exile]
March 7th, 2005 12:08 AM
beer I see ya mentioned Xizzy, PERKS.

I almost replied a little while ago sayin the same thing.
I miss Thesavageyoungxizzy. That kid loved the Stones and i liked readin his posts.

%
March 7th, 2005 01:37 AM
Bloozehound ah hell, the boards been slow cause the Eagles are on tour again, everyones been out catchin the shows
March 7th, 2005 02:19 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
beer wrote:
I see ya mentioned Xizzy, PERKS.

I almost replied a little while ago sayin the same thing.
I miss Thesavageyoungxizzy. That kid loved the Stones and i liked readin his posts.

%

Yes I liked reading his posts too. the kind of guy we miss here.

and to answer to SS: both for me

cheers to all the RO "survivors"

Ju
March 7th, 2005 02:53 AM
glencar I agree with the hot chicks. No big deal. People will return. Joshy's actually missed. Who'da thunk it?
March 7th, 2005 04:22 AM
F505
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

March 7th, 2005 04:26 AM
Jumacfly great post F505...I totally agree
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood