ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Are You Retarded or Just Stupid? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
March 7th, 2005 04:55 AM
Poplar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
anti-10k twin posters

nice, LJ. ... and "savage" was great. lord we miss you.

i think we need better thread subject matter. That's what seems stale to me. We seem to be going in circles, and worse yet, preoccupied with trivial every-day nonsense that makes the new ... not THE STONES. we need to go back to basics. I take some responsibility for all this, for I could contribute more. Shame.

[Edited by Poplar]
March 7th, 2005 05:27 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
WE STILL HAVE THE FABULOUS FIJI,GLENCAR,TEN THOUSAND MOTELS,KATH,LADY JANE,SOME GUY,GAZZA,FLIGHT 505,JUMACFLY,MACDADDY,GYPSY AND THE IMMORTAL IAN BILLEN TO KEEP US AMUSED.I DO MISS IZZY.
IF THIS SHIP SINKS I'M GOIN DOWN WITH IT!

EDITED BY A KINDLER,GENTLER, PERKS

what a great idiot list Perkie!!! just kidding,thanks for quoting me between legends like Gazza or Gypsy 's boobs
March 7th, 2005 06:42 AM
Gazza if you were between me and Gypsy's boobs, you'd be in a lot of trouble....
March 7th, 2005 06:50 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Poplar wrote:
....preoccupied with trivial every-day nonsense that makes the new ...

Oh. Do you mean like the item about Jacko jerking off his premier primate Bubbles?

March 7th, 2005 06:56 AM
Nellcote Hey SS!

Every thing is just spot on from the way I see it.

Great posts about Stones info
Other info about bands with Stones links
Joey keeps us amused
MRD8 brings us great product to trade for
Trees pop up every now & then
The admin folks keep posting super, rare photos
LONG LIVE ROCKS OFF!!!!

Life is what you make it.

I like Rocks Off as it is.

Oh, and BTW, The Eagles lost the Super Bowl, did you catch that?

March 7th, 2005 07:11 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
if you were between me and Gypsy's boobs, you'd be in a lot of trouble....

LOL Gazza yes it s a rude vision but not me cup of tea
March 7th, 2005 08:28 AM
Gazza "Are You Retarded or Just Stupid?"

I'm all three!
March 7th, 2005 08:42 AM
LadyJane Didn't Savage announce his departure as he was off to college??

NO Board had pics, reviews and setlists as fast and accurate RO did during Licks.

TRUST me on this one.........it's just the calm before THE STORM!!!!!

LJ.
March 7th, 2005 08:46 AM
Fiji Joe I sort of agree with SS...but for different reasons...to me, it all comes down to this Joey/Voodoopug combo...they are rank...like Gary Busey's bottom of the hamper underwear...

It is too true...when JB left, a part of Joey died...the interesting and witty part...what is left is the part that rides the short bus to school
March 7th, 2005 08:49 AM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

I look at the board and I feel sad. That isn't a good thing. I love this place. Where did this flood of nitwits and fucknuts come from? Why isn't anyone taking a stand?

.....are you SERIOUS ?!?!?!

Come to Joey .......................

March 7th, 2005 10:27 AM
Sir Stonesalot Now do you see it? Do you see what I did?

Didja all see what I did with a couple of sentences? Took all of 20 seconds to do. And now look...up to a second page of replies.

Look atcha all with yer righteous indignation all up and bristling and shit. LOL! Nuthin' like a little purple nurple to get people all frothy.

I'm no better than any of you people. If I can rile things up and stir the pot, so can you. You all got it in you somewhere. Ya just gotta find it and find a way to make it spill onto the board...or is it bored? All it takes is one thoughtful and well executed post. But you gotta have the will to actually DO it. I think a lot of you are just content to sit back and post replies....let someone else start stuff. Fuckin' pussies. Get off your ass and make it happen. Use your brain. Get creative. Don't let the fucknuts run the show. In these lull periods you gotta get creative to keep things interesting, or you get shit like "What is your work" threads. Or even worse...threads about U2, Metallica, and Motley Crue. Yikes!

Yeah, this place will make it OK, no doubts there. We got the Trinity running the thing, and they are collectively, and individually, awesome. They are some of my fave people. With them steering things, there are no real worries.

My message is simple. If you want a fun, healthy, interesting board to look at and enjoy, then fuckin' do something about it. Square the newbies away, show them how to do things properly. Don't be afraid to rile shit up. Use your mind as a creative tool. But most of all....DO IT. Don't think about doing it....take the fuckin' leap. Make shit happen.

And now a poem:

Just another message board?
OH! I think not.
Every other board wishes they could be like us.
Yes, we are the light shining in the darkness.

Isn't it time to shine?
Shine the bright beacon bulb that you have burning inside.

As always, Rocks Off will come together and lead the way.

For leading us are the three brightest beacons.
Unholy Trinity doing the time for our crimes.
Can't we lighten their burden?
Kindle your inner light to strengthen their beam.
Nothing can outshine a fired up Rocks Off.
Until you decide to be part the solution
Then you are just a problem.

I now return you to your scheduled programming.

March 7th, 2005 10:51 AM
Fiji Joe SS wrote:

"If you want a fun, healthy, interesting board to look at and enjoy, then fuckin' do something about it. Square the newbies away, show them how to do things properly."

Squaring the newbies away is my job...I got dibs
March 7th, 2005 10:52 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I now return you to your scheduled programming.

Motley Crue takes its act to the extreme

By Tom Kielty, Globe Correspondent
March 7, 2005

The Los Angeles-bred glam-rock band cut its teeth in the 1980s with an over-the-top appetite for debauchery and excess. Its ''Better Live Than Dead" tour continued in this tradition during its stop in Boston Saturday night, though at times the excesses were considerable even for longtime fans of the group.

The tour's motif is that of a creepy, naughty traveling circus, and the grimy big-top rigging that concealed the stage before the show perfectly suited the theme. After an entertaining animated short in which Crue members gave fans a quick update on their reasons for reuniting, the festivities began. A box on the front of the stage revealed a midget; then women who simulated lesbian interaction, to the howls of many in the male-dominated crowd; and finally singer Vince Neil, who emerged as the band launched into ''Shout at the Devil."

With bursts of flames rising behind drummer Tommy Lee and on both sides of the stage, the spectacle was impressive; guitarist Mick Mars and bassist Nikki Sixx were locked in the kind of dirty and ragged-but-right groove that fueled much of the band's mayhem. Neil, never one of rock's strongest vocalists, was helped by the sound mix and was wise enough to surrender to group singalongs when faced with high notes.

For a solid hour the band cranked out a mix of thunderous arena-size hits, including the pounding ''Looks That Kill" and the chugging ''Too Young to Fall in Love," accompanied by every mix of pyrotechnics one could fathom. The surprisingly well-groomed crowd (with easily more Dockers than tank tops in attendance) embraced the shenanigans, which included women on trapeze-style rigging a la Jane's Addiction, punctuating its approval with a steady barrage of fists thrown in the air.

Unfortunately, in the midst of this the band took an ill-advised 10-minute break that brought the proceedings to a screeching halt. Neil, Sixx, and Lee returned on oversize motorcycles for a tear through their ode to strip club fun, ''Girls, Girls, Girls," and it seemed the group might pick up where it left off, but it was not in the offing. Whereas the first set was a workout of the band's undeniable catalog of radio hits, the second set was simply an illustration of the self-indulgence that has always burdened Motley Crue.

Solo performances by Sixx and Lee were particularly bloated, and a medley of power ballads led by Neil was equally lame. For all its choreographed depravity, Motley Crue should have simply let the music continue to do the talking, as it had when the night began.

March 7th, 2005 11:21 AM
Sir Stonesalot That was funny TTM.
March 7th, 2005 11:56 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

It is too true...when JB left, a part of Joey died...the interesting and witty part...what is left is the part that rides the short bus to school

FANTASTIC POST..JOEY THE WINDOW LICKER!
March 7th, 2005 12:07 PM
Joey " JOEY THE WINDOW LICKER! "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 7th, 2005 12:48 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

.....are you SERIOUS ?!?!?!

Come to Joey .......................

Yes! He is very SERIOUS!
That's why this board ain't what it used to be -- way too much seriousness going on. Don't we have enough to be serious about at work? At home? So who the fuck is SS to dictate to us about whether or not our posts are up to his standards?!
I say we break that motha fucka off somethin' proper like.

[Edited by Kenny Rogers]
[Edited by gypsy]
March 7th, 2005 12:54 PM
Bizarro JB Tell it like it should be sister...
March 7th, 2005 12:58 PM
gypsy
quote:
Bizarro JB wrote:
Tell it like it should be sister...

Nice tan, jb.
March 7th, 2005 01:05 PM
Bizarro JB South Florida Babe...where the sun is always shining
March 7th, 2005 01:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot Who the fuck am I?

I am what I am. I've been around for many a long year. I've seen it, been down in it, punked it out and made it my bitch. Everyone knows who the fuck I am. I'm the boss with the hot sauce. I'm the lamp lighter to the promised land. You knew it before you even said it.

I'm not being mean or malicious, far from it. I'm calling it like I see it. I'm trying to get people off their asses. You see, only truth will piss people off and get their hackles up. Pissed off people are action people. And Rocks Off needs action people right now. If what I'm saying wasn't true, it would simply be dismissed out of hand. But it's not. We can all do better....and you damn well know it.

Look, I know some of you liked the Joey/JB show. But the undeniable fact is that in the long run it was really BAD for the board. It ran good people off, and got everyone else used to sitting back and doing nothing. I mean, how is it possible to even dispute that? It's cystal clear. I know that you and LJ want it to be different, but unfortunately it's not. You know I'm right, and that is what is really pissing you off Gypsy.

I'm here to tell you, show's over. Folks are gonna have to actually DO something now. Vacation's over, school is back in session. Rocks Off needs it's regulars to step up and take charge again. I have every faith that they will. Cream always rises, and shit always gets flushed. Time to whip that cream baby, til the butter comes.

Sure I know that I come off as a conceited bullyboy. I don't fuckin' care. I say shit that needs said...shit people think but are afraid to say. My tactics may be crude, my stratagies simple, but they are effective.

Besides it isn't conceit if it's true. I've always walked it like I talked it. I'll not apologize for that.
March 7th, 2005 01:32 PM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Who the fuck am I?

I am what I am. I've been around for many a long year. I've seen it, been down in it, punked it out and made it my bitch. Everyone knows who the fuck I am. I'm the boss with the hot sauce. I'm the lamp lighter to the promised land. You knew it before you even said it.

I'm not being mean or malicious, far from it. I'm calling it like I see it. I'm trying to get people off their asses. You see, only truth will piss people off and get their hackles up. Pissed off people are action people. And Rocks Off needs action people right now. If what I'm saying wasn't true, it would simply be dismissed out of hand. But it's not. We can all do better....and you damn well know it.

Look, I know some of you liked the Joey/JB show. But the undeniable fact is that in the long run it was really BAD for the board. It ran good people off, and got everyone else used to sitting back and doing nothing. I mean, how is it possible to even dispute that? It's cystal clear. I know that you and LJ want it to be different, but unfortunately it's not. You know I'm right, and that is what is really pissing you off Gypsy.

I'm here to tell you, show's over. Folks are gonna have to actually DO something now. Vacation's over, school is back in session. Rocks Off needs it's regulars to step up and take charge again. I have every faith that they will. Cream always rises, and shit always gets flushed. Time to whip that cream baby, til the butter comes.

Sure I know that I come off as a conceited bullyboy. I don't fuckin' care. I say shit that needs said...shit people think but are afraid to say. My tactics may be crude, my stratagies simple, but they are effective.

Besides it isn't conceit if it's true. I've always walked it like I talked it. I'll not apologize for that.

You are way too SERIOUS.
March 7th, 2005 01:37 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Who the fuck am I?

!!!!!
March 7th, 2005 01:38 PM
Joey
quote:
Bizarro JB wrote:
Tell it like it should be sister...

BJB .............................

That last one ' burned ' .......

********* END TRANSMISSION *****************
March 7th, 2005 01:40 PM
LadyJane Allow me to speak for myself.

Truth of the matter is...LJ and Gypsy have issues with RO that have NOTHING at all to do with Joey/JB. Nothing. And YOU know what I'm talking about.

As far as my defending Joey and Josh I did the same fucking thing for you when you pulled your little "I'm leaving RO" prank about 6 months ago. Remember? You did it to stir the pot, just like you are doing now. I remember because I took massive amounts of grief for defending you.

I defend my friends...that's the kind of woman I am. Get off your high horse, will ya??

Your pompous tirades are becoming as annoying as hack posting!!

LJ.
March 7th, 2005 01:41 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
SS wrote:

"If you want a fun, healthy, interesting board to look at and enjoy, then fuckin' do something about it. Square the newbies away, show them how to do things properly."

Squaring the newbies away is my job...I got dibs

Good luck with that Billen kid...
March 7th, 2005 01:44 PM
Joey " Your pompous tirades are becoming as annoying as hack posting!! "

!

http://www.brandyledford.com/photos/brandyledford_c_billclinton-PRESS.jpg

March 7th, 2005 01:44 PM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
That was funny TTM.

*gypsy in Ed McMahon mode* "Yes! Ah ha ha ha! You are correct, SS! That post gets the Sir Stonesalot Seal of Approval. Well done, TTM."
March 7th, 2005 01:45 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Allow me to speak for myself.

Truth of the matter is...LJ and Gypsy have issues with RO that have NOTHING at all to do with Joey/JB. Nothing. And YOU know what I'm talking about.

LJ.

I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.
March 7th, 2005 01:49 PM
LadyJane No Perks, you don't. It's private and shall remain so. SS knows of what I speak. I trust he shall keep it to himself. He annoys the hell out of me at times, but he's still a friend and I love him to death.

LJ.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood