ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Give me two Keef!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill Wyman wants to tour w/Stones again? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
2nd March 2006 07:45 PM
Poison Dart According to a guy named Steven Wright at the BBC2 (and to the IORR board) Bill Wyman would like to do some limited touring with the Stones. Wyman suggested a small tour of England.

Let me be the first to say I live in the US and have no idea who Steven Wright from the BBC is or how credible this info is. But I think it would be cool to see Bill up on stage w/ the Stones again. Even if it's on a limited basis.
2nd March 2006 07:48 PM
Poison Dart Wyman also made mention of this in Uncut Magazine that came out today.
2nd March 2006 08:01 PM
corgi37 Probably has his eye on another 13 year old girl, and needs the money to buy off the parents and cops.
2nd March 2006 08:03 PM
Gazza the story has obviously been lifted from an interview with Bill in the new issue of UNCUT, out today

When asked about whether there have been moves from the Stones to get him back in the band. he says "I've had casual, through the grapevine, remarks like 'If youre not doing anything next year, maybe theres a job for you" but that "up to now, I've not had the slightest inclination to say "yeah, maybe.." as 'it would mean taking on all that baggage again.

He ruled out anything "on a grand scale" regarding "one final tour", as he doesnt fly any longer, but says "if they asked me to tour England, I'd have to think about it. Not least because the fans would like it. I've always thought that one final goodbye Stones tour might be a good idea. If they asked me to do something like that, well yeah, I probably would.."

Its only a one page interview, but its quite a good one. he describes Charlie as "one of my closest mates. I still see him 3 times a week. he sends me the best Christmas presents - Bronze Age swords, medieval daggers..what do I get from the others? Well, Mick will send me an orchid plant or something like that. Keith sends me the same thing every year - a candle!"

[Edited by Gazza]
2nd March 2006 08:03 PM
speedfreakjive probably has his eye on the $, his cash has no doubt dried up since he left. Bad news for Darryl though.
2nd March 2006 08:06 PM
glencar What an ingrate! Mick & Keith still remember the guy every Christmas & he gripes about it? What does he send out? I hope he stays home.
2nd March 2006 08:28 PM
Soldatti Bill already talked about a UK tour with them back on 2002. Eventually, it will happen.
2nd March 2006 08:33 PM
exile I dont think they would have him back. why would you he was never an interral part, i was never much of a Bill fan. Always blowing his own horn.
2nd March 2006 08:50 PM
lotsajizz and Bill was an over-rated bass player...gimme Daryl any day

2nd March 2006 08:51 PM
gimmekeef He quit..simple as that...Keith wont have it PERIOD!
2nd March 2006 09:03 PM
pdog I think Bill sucks for quitting and should be made to feel bad for it...
BUT !!!
Bill Wyman's sound in The Stones can not be matched. Charlie and Bill had a chemistry that no two people could duplicate, both live and studio.
If he was ever to have a chance to play, I'd like to think it would be a really great thing... If I was him, I wouldn't do it. Not the way they've acted since he quit. I understand why he quit, it was his choice... Better to quit a job than be bitter doing it... They need Bill in the studio, really bad...
I'm done!
2nd March 2006 09:05 PM
lotsajizz studio? I like that...good idea, invite him next time...but no touring!
2nd March 2006 09:30 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
studio? I like that...good idea, invite him next time...but no touring!

They'd probably put the studio on a jet.... Just to piss him off.
2nd March 2006 09:37 PM
Poison Dart I want Bill back. The Stones just don't look right as a four piece band.
2nd March 2006 09:44 PM
Lazy Bones To all those that hate Bill or reserve resentment because he left, shame on you. Bill doesn't need to prove he's good or belongs. We all know he belongs, just as he probably does. It has nothing to do with Darryl and his ability to play with the Stones. In fact, that's the only difference - when Darryl plays, he plays with the Stones; when/if Bill plays, he IS a Stone!

Darryl is a great bass player. No need to argue.

If Bill really wanted back, I don't think there would be a question. I think that 28 years speaks volumes!

I'd welcome Bill back!

2nd March 2006 11:08 PM
Poison Dart Lazy Bones:

I agree 100%. D.Jones has been great. But Bill Wyman is a Stone. End of story.

Besides Wyman is scared to fly and would only play in England and maybe other parts of Europe. DJ could play w/the Stones everywhere else.
2nd March 2006 11:52 PM
corgi37 What a dumb idea. He has no right to play on anything post 89. Yet, Darryl has the right to play anyhing prior to his joining because Bill quit.

However, i really would like to see him do a few numbers in U.K. But i feel DJ deserves a bit of respect. What's he gonna do? Play tambourine? Dj should just tell the old bitch to keep away from his men.
3rd March 2006 12:17 AM
PeerQueer I have heard this rumor bounced around since Licks----the band was in discussion with Bill at that time regarding doing a show or two but it never panned out.

Now it appears it might just happen, and I say YES!

I agree with those who state Bill's style compliments Charlie greatly and is/was a major component of the Stones sound.

Much respect to DJ - but he is no Stone.

Bill quit, but hell, he was old, tired, and pissed himself whenever the idea of flying came up.

Now he's older, more tired, but also rather cash-poor. Hell Ronnie could buy and sell Bill several times over just on what he will earn this year from Stones Inc. That has gotta sting just a wee bit.

WELCOME BACK THE LITTLE HANDS THAT COULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3rd March 2006 02:07 AM
Freejack
Maybe they can get Mick Taylor to play that same night
3rd March 2006 02:12 AM
exile you couldnt let him back with hair like that
3rd March 2006 02:18 AM
Altamont Bill Wyman will appear with The Stones again. He will be working as head of security by checking people entering the shows with his trusty metal detector.

3rd March 2006 03:44 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
and Bill was an over-rated bass player...gimme Daryl any day

typical from a guy who has never touch an instrument!!

[Edited by Jumacfly]
3rd March 2006 04:22 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I wouldnt mind seeing Bill with the stones again but I think it would mean cutting songs. He would have to try and learn all of the "newer" material.

I cant see it happening
3rd March 2006 05:01 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I wouldnt mind seeing Bill with the stones again but I think it would mean cutting songs. He would have to try and learn all of the "newer" material.

I cant see it happening

due to the poor bass lines of recent songs I don t think it would be a problem..
3rd March 2006 05:06 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

typical from a guy who has never touch an instrument!!

[Edited by Jumacfly]

I got yer intrument right HERE!!!

don't be puttin' Daryl down...do you know his pedigree? He is a helluva better player than Winin'..excuse me, Wyman, could ever be
3rd March 2006 05:26 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

I got yer intrument right HERE!!!

don't be puttin' Daryl down...do you know his pedigree? He is a helluva better player than Winin'..excuse me, Wyman, could ever be

I don t put Darryl down.
No offense but I don t judge players by their pedigree.
In the case of bass players, the energy and the chemistry with the drummer and rythm guitar is essential (but you know that of course )

Bill got it.

A bass line made by Darryl with the Stones can be played by a beginner.
From VL to ABB, you just need a finger to play them.
just plays the notes, no particular intensity, boum boum and basta!
check Bill's on 78 and 81 boots. That s incredible.the guy is swinging, grooving, rocking.
He doesn t have to play a silly solo to show how good he is.
but I m sure you know that,like all the rest

[Edited by Jumacfly]
3rd March 2006 05:38 AM
Jumacfly From the Famous couch, a brilliant tribute to Bill by the brilliant Maky

www.maxlugar.com

Bill Wyman; Bass Playing God.

I get tired of reading attacks on Bill Wyman from people in our community. This man is a giant among bass players and a founding member of The Rolling Stones. His playing was an integral part of the Stones sound from the very beginning. Listen to the first few albums. What stands out the most to your ears? Firstly it’s Mick really. Then it’s the thumping, jumping bass. He’s all over those early songs. More of his stand out work can be heard on any live material from 1978 or 1981-82. He blends so well into the music that you don’t really hear him play so much as feel him play. That is the true genius of any great bass player. When you actively set out to listen to what he’s doing, it’s amazing. Darryl Jones is a fine player and may be “better” but he’s not Bill. There is a certain jump to his playing that I miss.

Beyond his playing, I also find Bill extremely fascinating. We can thank Bill for his attention to detail through the years. His books on the band, and especially his incredible Blues book, are indispensable accounts from the inside. He’s really the only one you can rely on for the real story on many parts of the Stones history.

Bill Wyman also had a way with the ladies to say the least.

If there were one Stone I’d like to sit down and have a pint with it would be Bill. He’s the one guy I could see having a normal conversation with. He’s the guy who could tell you some stories about the band. Mick is a giant in the music industry but I’m not stupid enough to think he could sit down and have a beer with Joe Fan. He may slip into some French or talk about things like comparative religion or economics. With Keith you’d get indecipherable sentence after indecipherable sentence and hearty lung butter laughs after each over-your-head joke. He’d soon devolve into a slurring chatterbox that sounded like a warped acetate of himself. Charlie would be too quiet and uninterested in your prying questions. Ron Wood would steal your beer when you turned your head. Within minutes he’d lean over and put his head under the Guinness tap then go looking for Rod Stewart. Mick Taylor would call and cancel from a Burger King.

Yeah I know he quit the band and for that he can never be forgiven. But I don’t blame him. He is the oldest and he was turning into a bit of a homebody. I’m sure it’s hard to get up for the game at that stage in your life. I believe he was also carrying around a little Mick Taylor-like resentment. For that I don’t blame him either.

I would love it if Bill did a few songs or better yet, a few shows with the band some day. Mick Taylor too. It’s incredible to me that the Stones could still field the same team that toured in ’72-’73 if they wanted. I wish they would do it before someone dies. Imagine a 5-show stand at MSG or Roseland with that line up. There is no need for an entire tour just a few shows. They would be the most precious shows of our lifetime.

Anyway, Bill Wyman is a true founding father of The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World and much more. He deserves your respect.

To Bill ‘The Little Hands That Could” Wyman, I drink to you tonight. Perhaps we can dream you’ll play with the boys again.

Or maybe I’ll just play Handsome Girls tonight and groove to some of the best bass the world, indeed the universe, has ever known.

I thank you for your time.

Maxlugar

WORD MACKY!!!!!

3rd March 2006 06:00 AM
IanBillen This is the most surprising Stones news all year, and last year.

I never dreamed he would say he would tour with The Stones again if asked (even though it is just England). I'd of bet almost everything that Bill would never even consider it, let alone admit he WOULD do it!

What the Fuck? Am I reading things right? Damn.

Although,
Don't bet The Farm on it happening. Not so much on Bills account....but The rest of The Stones. If he wanted back in for a full go. There would be a great chance. But an England thing. I think The Stones know the rest of the entire world would feel ridiculously gyped and their ticket sales eles where may suffer. I can't see The Stones just specifically touring England anyway. I just don't see that happening.

But Golly, all be damned, he said he would tour with them again. Shit. Now I have heard it all. Who the hell would of ever thought you know. Well I guess there is the old saying holding true....never say never.

*You know, if it wasn't for flying. Just for the sake of arguement. Lets say magically Bill didn't have to fly but he could go on a world tour with The Stones and do an album. I wonder if he would if they all came to him? Three minutes ago before reading this I'd of said no friggin way man. Now, it would be a possibility at least.

Hmmmmm?

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
3rd March 2006 06:21 AM
Jumacfly that 's probably won t happen.
this rumor is recurent with the last tours.
I hope I m wrong!
3rd March 2006 06:40 AM
lotsajizz I'll give you this, Mr. Fly, a few guest appearances would be nice. But it can't go beyond that at this point in time. Many of their studio tracks have a second bass on them (but you knew that already) so a Daryl-Bill thing could work in the short term on a few tunes.

Best regards,
Sean
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)