ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Give me two Keef!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill Wyman wants to tour w/Stones again? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
4th March 2006 09:12 PM
tumbling dice Darryl Jones is playing better and better.just hear Midnight Rambler from Rio and jumpin Jack Flash too.Bill will be a stone forever ,i love him but now Darryl is their bass player, Itīs the end of history.
4th March 2006 09:32 PM
theanchorman Who the f$@k is Darryl Jones?
5th March 2006 06:11 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
theanchorman wrote:
Who the f$@k is Darryl Jones?

You dont belong here.
5th March 2006 06:14 PM
theanchorman
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:

You dont belong here.

hook, line & sinker
5th March 2006 09:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I want Bill back. The Stones just don't look right as a four piece band.

some traditionalists would argue they dont 'look right' as a 13-piece band either...
5th March 2006 09:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Really ? Thanks for that, does the story come from Keith or Bill ? You'd think Keith would have had enough of "followers" around to do that kind of dirty work, although I guess Spanish Tony was out by then ;-)

Sanchez was out of the picture by 1976, I believe. Dont think Keith had too many hangers-on in Toronto that time...the heat on him was too much for pretty much anyone, plus he had his 'stash' confiscated when he got busted. The rest of the band (Stu excepted) were pretty quick to leave him to his fate after the El Mocambo shows were over.
[Edited by Gazza]
7th March 2006 12:38 AM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Its the song not the singer. If other musicians can do it better (like Darryl Jones, Buckethead etc) then we should welcome these necessary changes.

Aerosmith are cock smegma compared to the even now Stones...
[Edited by jb]
7th March 2006 01:20 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Aerosmith are cock smegma compared to the even now Stones...
[Edited by jb]

Is it a donkey cock this time or some other cock you are fascinated with?
7th March 2006 01:23 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Dan wrote:

Is it a donkey cock this time or some other cock you are fascinated with?

All of this cock talk makes me want to play Rough Justice. Once upon a time I was your little rooster...
7th March 2006 01:34 PM
nankerphelge Is this the same Bill Wyman that shits:

(1) all over Mick in another contemporaneous interview;

(2) all over the Stones whenever they release a new CD, claiming he never got credit for JJF;

(3) all over the Stones whenever they tour because their music bores him;

(4) all over anybody that ever had anything to do with the Stones because they ripped him off?

Is that the same Bill Wyman.

Creator of Monkey Grip and Ju Suis un Rock Star (French for "I was always the weakest link of the chain")

Please.

Unless the Stones figure out how to create some previously unheard sound with a metal detector, leave Bill to his piss parties...
[Edited by nankerphelge]
7th March 2006 01:35 PM
Joey [quote]nankerphelge wrote:
Is this the same Bill Wyman that shits:"

Nanky ?!?!

7th March 2006 01:42 PM
nankerphelge Joey?!

7th March 2006 02:08 PM
nanatod
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Is this the same Bill Wyman that shits:

(1) all over Mick in another contemporaneous interview;

(2) all over the Stones whenever they release a new CD, claiming he never got credit for JJF;

(3) all over the Stones whenever they tour because their music bores him;

(4) all over anybody that ever had anything to do with the Stones because they ripped him off?

There is nothing to prevent Bill Wyman from ever playing (temporarily) with the Stones again.
You don't have to like someone to create great music with that person. Johnny and Joey Ramone didn't speak to each other for about eighteen years, but they knew that keeping the Ramones together on the road and in the studio was more important than their own feelings.
7th March 2006 02:21 PM
nankerphelge Nothing other than the fact that he reflexively slags those with whom he supposedly wants to play!

Funny -- someone slags me, I am not inclined to have anything to do with them.

If I were Mick, I'd send Bill a check for $8.32, thanking him from the bottom of my colon for his total contribution.
[Edited by nankerphelge]
7th March 2006 02:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
If I were Mick, I'd send Bill a check for $8.32, thanking him from the bottom of my colon for his total contribution.

That quote shows a complete misunderstanding of the Rolling Stones. You don't get it yet. But I have faith you will.
7th March 2006 02:46 PM
nankerphelge Misunderstanding my ass.

I understand Bill was a founding member.
I understand that Bill plays a unique style of bass that worked extremely well with the band.
I understand that the Stones' sound has not been the same since he left.

BUT

He was one member in a band.

He left said band because he found the music boring.

He has slagged his fellow Stones reflexively since.

Even if he somehow came up with the riff for JJF, does that represent the extent of his songwriting contribution to the Stones? Is that what he is really beefed up about?

Ultimately, he is not nearly as good as he thinks he is, and he is certainly replaceable (see Rolling Stones 1994 to date).
7th March 2006 03:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Misunderstanding my ass.

I understand ....

Thanks for the clarification.
8th March 2006 12:39 AM
PeerQueer
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Thanks for the clarification.

____

...classic.

Dry wit is such a rarity these days.

Kudos!
8th March 2006 06:44 AM
Yyteri Beach It would be great to see Bill back in bass and it would be great to have Mick Taylor back.
What a show/tour it would be if those two came back. Stones will not make many around-the-globe -tours in the future and we cannot get Brian and Ian back so it'd be great to see at least these two guys...
Darryll's a great bass player but he's not a Stone. And because we witnessed Roger Waters back in Pink Floyd (for a moment at least), I believe Bill (and Mick T) can be back at the Stones...
Let's hope so...

Mick J, Keith, Mick T, Ronnie, Bill and Charlie. What a group!!!
8th March 2006 07:00 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Yyteri Beach wrote:
It would be great to see Bill back in bass and it would be great to have Mick Taylor back.
What a show/tour it would be if those two came back. Stones will not make many around-the-globe -tours in the future and we cannot get Brian and Ian back so it'd be great to see at least these two guys...
Darryll's a great bass player but he's not a Stone. And because we witnessed Roger Waters back in Pink Floyd (for a moment at least), I believe Bill (and Mick T) can be back at the Stones...
Let's hope so...

Mick J, Keith, Mick T, Ronnie, Bill and Charlie. What a group!!!

Ronnie, he don't seem to have much of an ego at all, so if Mick Taylor were to come back, even just for a few shows, I'm sure Ronnie would share the stage. With some bands, when a former member returns, the replacement member don't take to it all that well and quits. And if the split with that former member was bad enough, maybe even another of the main members will quit.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)