ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Give me two Keef!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill Wyman wants to tour w/Stones again? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
3rd March 2006 12:20 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not hardly. Someday?

True!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3rd March 2006 12:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
My flying experience was much like your busines "trip"(literally) last fall to Orlando(another horrible town), where you fell, or should I say tripped, and caused a large contusion on your forehead and broke your $300 dollar bi-focals. needless to say, you , like me on the plane, were HUMILIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am heading back to the same destination in a little over a week and hope to not injure myself again. Last "trip" was costly and painful. Just an inch or to to either side and I probably could have died from the bleeding.
3rd March 2006 12:43 PM
Egbert Does Bill go back on the "Rarities" cover if he rejoins?
3rd March 2006 12:49 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Egbert wrote:
Does Bill go back on the "Rarities" cover if he rejoins?

Mick has the ugliest guitar in that picture.
3rd March 2006 02:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The Stones just don't look right without Bill in the pic.
3rd March 2006 02:18 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The Stones just don't look right without Bill in the pic.

I agree, not just because Bill isn't there, but the pictures of them as a 4 piece, I just could never get used to. For the first 30 years, they were always a 5 piece band. At least have an official bass player, but I guess it comes down to financial reasons.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
3rd March 2006 02:19 PM
Dan If the quality of musicianship is so important, I say we replace Keith with a more technical guitar player, Ronnie with an actual guitar player and Mick Jagger with someone who can sing without needing backup singers and who can sing more than one night in a row to better fill demand. Also to alleviate any potential health concerns, we should retire Charlie too.
3rd March 2006 02:22 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Dan wrote:
If the quality of musicianship is so important, I say we replace Keith with a more technical guitar player, Ronnie with an actual guitar player and Mick Jagger with someone who can sing without needing backup singers and who can sing more than one night in a row to better fill demand. Also to alleviate any potential health concerns, we should retire Charlie too.

Then you'd have close to as many original members in the Stones as the current beach boys and Guns 'N Roses.
3rd March 2006 02:45 PM
Saint Sway Wyman coming back would be a welcomed and special event. Even if it was just one night for a song or two.
3rd March 2006 02:49 PM
Dan
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Then you'd have close to as many original members in the Stones as the current beach boys and Guns 'N Roses.

Its the song not the singer. If other musicians can do it better (like Darryl Jones, Buckethead etc) then we should welcome these necessary changes.
3rd March 2006 02:52 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:
If the quality of musicianship is so important, I say we replace Keith with a more technical guitar player, Ronnie with an actual guitar player and Mick Jagger with someone who can sing without needing backup singers and who can sing more than one night in a row to better fill demand. Also to alleviate any potential health concerns, we should retire Charlie too.

I know some guys that know the material pretty well...
Break The Spell
quote:
Dan wrote:

Its the song not the singer. If other musicians can do it better (like Darryl Jones, Buckethead etc) then we should welcome these necessary changes.

If thats the case, then it would just be a tribute band, there's plenty of those already.
Ten Thousand Motels
3rd March 2006 02:53 PM
Break The Spell
quote:

If thats reissued again someday, hopefully Wyman's image stays intact.
3rd March 2006 02:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Dan wrote:

Now if we could only replace Dylan with a Dylan. LOL.
3rd March 2006 03:33 PM
nanatod
quote:

Now if we could only replace Dylan with a Dylan. LOL.

It has been done. It's called the Wallflowers.
3rd March 2006 04:19 PM
Break The Spell If bill can't tour full time, which is understandable, at least he can lend his talents to a studio album. There's just no substitute.
3rd March 2006 07:24 PM
theanchorman
quote:
exile wrote:
I dont think they would have him back. why would you he was never an interral part, i was never much of a Bill fan. Always blowing his own horn.

Another reason I've just begun posting on this board after reading it daily for years - dolts like yourself...

Call the guy that wrote the greatest song ever - JJF - an un-important member...

You fools actually make me laugh.
3rd March 2006 07:26 PM
lotsajizz Bill was certainly not as important as he thought he was...or as he writes he was....

3rd March 2006 07:36 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Bill was certainly not as important as he thought he was...or as he writes he was....

Bullshit !!!
Bill saved the band many times, in many ways... You think copping dope for Keith when everyone turned their backs on him wasn't huge?

3rd March 2006 07:45 PM
lotsajizz Mr. Dog, I agree that Bill did huge things...very huge things...but my statement that he has an exagerated sense of importance stands...it oozes out of every page of his books

3rd March 2006 08:14 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
pdog wrote: Bullshit !!!
Bill saved the band many times, in many ways... You think copping dope for Keith when everyone turned their backs on him wasn't huge?

Never heard that story before, source ?

Someone wrote "WELCOME BACK THE LITTLE HANDS THAT COULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and yes, his playing between 77 and 82 was excellent, he didn't really play much with them after that, except on the 89 tour but his groove was largely gone by then, maybe the mix. His playing on the 81 tour is fascinating, they really couldn't have been out there in stadiums without him, although Keith still pumped out some mean rythm at the time, grooves, melodies, very good. Darryl...huh, he just fills the gaps, other than that RFD solo, anyone could play what he plays given a week of practice, which is mind boggling considering them musiscal talent of the guy.
But Bill has personality problem I think, they other guys, except Charlie, always looked down on him, probably despised him, mean, swearing little guy, banging all these chicks, no class.
3rd March 2006 08:18 PM
monkeyman62
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I want Bill back. The Stones just don't look right as a four piece band.

AMEN BROTHER
3rd March 2006 09:03 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

If thats reissued again someday, hopefully Wyman's image stays intact.

Don't bet money on it.
3rd March 2006 09:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

Never heard that story before, source ?

when keith got busted for heroin in Toronto in February 1977, Bill went out and scored smack for him when he started withdrawing
4th March 2006 03:10 AM
PeerQueer
quote:
Gazza wrote:

when keith got busted for heroin in Toronto in February 1977, Bill went out and scored smack for him when he started withdrawing

_____

That is friendship...
4th March 2006 06:29 AM
gotdablouse Really ? Thanks for that, does the story come from Keith or Bill ? You'd think Keith would have had enough of "followers" around to do that kind of dirty work, although I guess Spanish Tony was out by then ;-)
4th March 2006 06:52 AM
Stray Cat UK I never heard that story before. BRING HIM BACK NOW!

I propose a mini set each night with Bill and M.Taylor

Heartbreaker
Carol
Can't you hear me knockin'

think of some others,but it will never happen unfortunately.

sc uk
4th March 2006 11:09 AM
Poison Dart I think it is likely we will see Bill Wyman return at some point. Even if it is in a limited role or a one off deal.
4th March 2006 11:27 AM
lotsajizz read the Toronto saga for info on this, lots of good sources thereon but Flippo's book comes to mind first

I think Bokris covers it also

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)