ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Give me two Keef!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill Wyman wants to tour w/Stones again? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
3rd March 2006 06:42 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I'll give you this, Mr. Fly, a few guest appearances would be nice. But it can't go beyond that at this point in time. Many of their studio tracks have a second bass on them (but you knew that already) so a Daryl-Bill thing could work in the short term on a few tunes.

Best regards,
Sean

Bill playing RFD would be very funny, I give you this too!
3rd March 2006 06:58 AM
Break The Spell So Keith sends him a candle for Christmas each year, I wonder what kind?? My money is on them scented yankee ones. I think Bill would do a great job on the 1994-2005 material, I'd love to hear how he interputs the material plus I'd love to hear the classic Watts / Wyman rhythm section do the songs proper justice. Darryl's great live, no doubt about that, but in the studio, they do need Bill.
3rd March 2006 07:38 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Bill quit, but hell, he was old, tired, and pissed himself whenever the idea of flying came up.

Not to mention (at the time he left the band) he started having problems with Mandy and his father had died.
3rd March 2006 07:42 AM
Break The Spell I still think he should do a show with them this October 24th when he turns 70.
3rd March 2006 07:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
This is the most surprising Stones news all year, and last year.

I never dreamed he would say he would tour with The Stones again if asked (even though it is just England). I'd of bet almost everything that Bill would never even consider it, let alone admit he WOULD do it!

before anyone gets too excited, he said he'd consider it if it was a 'farewell' tour

If thats the condition, then thanks, but no thanks.
3rd March 2006 08:09 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Gazza wrote:

before anyone gets too excited, he said he'd consider it if it was a 'farewell' tour

I took it as a goodbye from him, not the band. I could be wrong...

This needs to happen.

Do it Bill!!!!!!
3rd March 2006 08:20 AM
Nellcote Would someone buy Bill a new metal detector, so he can hunt his coins, and ask him to go away.
I for one want no part of this charade.
His well of dough has dried up, only reason this is coming out.
At the time he left, he was pleaded with to stay.
He decided to turn his back.
Give him a curator role, pay him to put out a dvd/cd retrospective, which he could do a spot on job with.
3rd March 2006 08:31 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Nellcote wrote:
Would someone buy Bill a new metal detector, so he can hunt his coins, and ask him to go away.

Maybe it will lead him to the metal plate in your head!

The Bill Wyman "Thump" is sorely missed.

Open your arms, and your heart, to the greatness that still is Bill "The Little Hands That Could" Wyman.

Cheerish this great man and his four thick strings.

Your children will ask you "Did you walk cool in the 00's daddy? Did you see Bill with the Stones?" And God willing, you will say "Oh yeah".

All my best,

Maxy (CEO- www.maxlugar.com, and all around kind soul)
3rd March 2006 08:51 AM
Gazza
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]Gazza wrote:

I took it as a goodbye from him, not the band. I could be wrong...

This needs to happen.

Do it Bill!!!!!!

No..he specifically stated he might be interested ONLY IF it was a Stones 'farewell' tour, because he feels thats something they should do at some point.

Given the straight choice behind a Stones 'farewell' with Wyman (which you wont see anyway unless you choose to travel to England for the occasion) and the band continuing indefinitely WITHOUT him, I would think this is something that for most people DOESNT need to happen.
3rd March 2006 09:04 AM
gimmekeef Perhaps Bill is thinking..damn a farewell tour with him in on the proceeds?:

Fanclubs $250
Top Tix $750
Commemorative T Shirts $75
Teen Age Bimbos Priceless!
3rd March 2006 09:06 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Gazza wrote:

Given the straight choice behind a Stones 'farewell' with Wyman (which you wont see anyway unless you choose to travel to England for the occasion) and the band continuing indefinitely WITHOUT him, I would think this is something that for most people DOESNT need to happen.

Oh sure. I totally agree.

But it sure would end it right, if it was the last.

All of you, embrace your inner Wyman!
3rd March 2006 09:22 AM
Nellcote Maxlugar wrote:

"Maybe it will lead him to the metal plate in your head!"

Oh great one, best compliment I've heard since Pedro decked another plate head, Don "The Gerbil" Zimmer.

C'mon, stop living in the past.
While Wyman was great with his band when they toured
the states a couple years ago, do you even think Keith
would let this happen? Maybe a one off gig, but look,
it's about as far fetched as Mick "time to make the donuts"
Taylor coming back.

Wyman knew what he was doing when he walked away.
Sorry, but he could not cut it now.
He'd want the Stones to slow down, play some boogie woogie
for him, or even worse, let him warble some great numbers
like "I'll Pull-You Throw" or "Peanut Butter Time"

Sherman, set the way back machine to 2006, deal with it.
3rd March 2006 09:28 AM
lotsajizz well put Peter
3rd March 2006 09:31 AM
glencar Even if you have a plate in your head, that's a great post. I wouldn't die if Wyman came back but I'm not nervously hoping for it.
3rd March 2006 10:25 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Nellcote wrote:

With Bill Wyman, we all have a greater future!

3rd March 2006 10:29 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]Nellcote wrote:

With Bill Wyman, we all have a greater future!

agree!
Bill is good for our health Macky!
3rd March 2006 10:30 AM
glencar Words from 1963!
3rd March 2006 11:05 AM
Dan
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

This is the funniest thing I have ever read on this board.
3rd March 2006 11:06 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Dan wrote:

This is the funniest thing I have ever read on this board.

We are Rolling Stones fans. We don't have much else.

3rd March 2006 11:20 AM
jb Man, thT WOULD BE GREAT.....i WOULD BE IN lONDON IN NO TIME!!!!
3rd March 2006 11:40 AM
glencar London? I'll be there in 7 weeks. MaxJet, no less!
3rd March 2006 11:41 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
London? I'll be there in 7 weeks. MaxJet, no less!

how long a flight /
3rd March 2006 11:42 AM
glencar Who cares? It's bidness class!
3rd March 2006 11:45 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Man, thT WOULD BE GREAT.....i WOULD BE IN lONDON IN NO TIME!!!!

your eratic behavior on flights would not allow you to fly overseas. With the discontinuation of Concord Service, must we be reminded of your recent family vacation and you accusations of "once again ruining the trip before we even get there"?

I advise against you traveling to Europe, with your many medical ailments (cue joey), this is a health risk not worth taking as if you become aflicted during midflight, there would not be enough time for you to have the proper treatments that would enable you to remain alive (albiet not alert) until all the proper lawsuits are filed/settled.

I have helped guide you many times this tour, please take my advise.

cc YJC
bcc oldkr (TLKROTW)
3rd March 2006 11:49 AM
jb My flying experience was much like your busines "trip"(literally) last fall to Orlando(another horrible town), where you fell, or should I say tripped, and caused a large contusion on your forehead and broke your $300 dollar bi-focals. needless to say, you , like me on the plane, were HUMILIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3rd March 2006 11:52 AM
glencar It's pretty quick getting there. 6 hours or so. I'm flying over there twice this year. Crazy, no?
3rd March 2006 11:56 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's pretty quick getting there. 6 hours or so. I'm flying over there twice this year. Crazy, no?

Very risky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cc;Tom Delay
3rd March 2006 12:05 PM
glencar Life w/o risk is rather dull. And it's not like I'm flying to Baghdad!
3rd March 2006 12:15 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Life w/o risk is rather dull. And it's not like I'm flying to Baghdad!

Mission accomplishes?

cc:Condi
3rd March 2006 12:17 PM
glencar Not hardly. Someday?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)