ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Woody says: 'Fight Plaque Not Iraq' Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
02-19-03 12:56 PM
jb Max's interest in the tour has wanned considerably...this was made abudantly clear by his no show for the 1/16 and 1/18 shows. On the other hand, having been blessed with a beautiful baby girl, I am sure his priorities have changed. Good luck max and you will always have a home here.
02-19-03 02:09 PM
Joey " Moogie. Hey Joey, I got the goods. Tx, bud. Remember when we hugged like long lost sole brothers in Denver? Alcohol! Yes! "

Damn Straight My Brother................... I am so glad I was able to buy you a couple of Guinnesses !!!!!!!

The night sure flew by fast after the gig .............Remember when we saw a drunken " Blondie " at the " Brown Palace Bar " ????????? Hell , I was pretty trashed by then anyway --- it WAS Blondie , right ??????

Still can't believe nobody was selling any tickets outside the venue or in the venue parking lot !!!!! AMAZING !

Did you hear about Steelie ???????

{{{{{{ JACKY ! }}}}}}}}}}}}
02-19-03 02:22 PM
sirmoonie Yeah, that was ole Blondie and he was in same state we were in.

I hear Steelie got the Gas Hammer! Poor guy. What with the flapjacks and ding dongs and all.
02-19-03 02:45 PM
Joey " I hear Steelie got the Gas Hammer! Poor guy. What with the flapjacks and ding dongs and all. "

<---- Oh , He got " Hammered " alright Moonie !

Easy little buddie .............. ! That's right Moonie , Steelie got a " Two Week " ban and was poised for more ..............

Developing .................

Shiver......................

Stones !

{{{{ J KINS }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

02-19-03 03:04 PM
jb Long live Sharon ...we will not rest until all the terrorists are brutally and savagely killed. 9/11 shall never be forgotten...
02-19-03 03:23 PM
sirmoonie I will no longer eat french fries to show my maniacal vengeance to the pro-9/11 posters on this board.
02-19-03 03:26 PM
jb They are now being referred to Patriot Fries by some establishments.
02-19-03 03:33 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
Long live Sharon ...we will not rest until all the terrorists are brutally and savagely killed. 9/11 shall never be forgotten...

Yecch. Sharon... he and Arafat both need to go. They're both scheming maniacs that make themselves out to be pariahs of some sort, while Israel's economy goes straight to hell.

Get rid of both of them. Call elections on both sides of the fence, have neither of them run, see what happens. As long as Sharon and Arafat remain in power, we'll never have peace over there.

Remember, jb, Sharon's more than capable of killing innocent folks too... remember back in the 1980s? Neither side is "right" in this whole mess.

As for our frend Senor Lugarismo, I have no doubt Macky's around.

As long as Joey is still here to be deemed a scumbag hack poster...

-tSYX --- Can't you hear me knocking?
02-19-03 03:33 PM
sirmoonie Sadly, some people here would call them Saddam fries and dip them in shishkabob sauce. What a waste of wholesomeness.
02-19-03 03:34 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I hear Steelie got the Gas Hammer! Poor guy. What with the flapjacks and ding dongs and all. "

That's right Moonie , Steelie got a " Two Week " ban and was poised for more ..............

Awww... what did Steely do to get the Hammer of Love dropped on him like that?

-tSYX --- Take this hammer...
02-19-03 03:41 PM
jb I don't want to start a political argument again as we have all been warned to behave..however, don't compare retaliation, albeit brutal, in response to terrorists who blow up kids at a pizza parlors ..for whatever their misguided reasons may be...believe me, if suicide bombers appeared here in the USA, our country will be virtually shut down...
02-19-03 05:39 PM
FotiniD Well, juding by all the sane opinions expressed in this thread, let me take this chance to express my heartfelt gratitude to the United States!

Thank you America for saving the world!
Thank you America for being a role-model for us!
Thank you America for being the best country in the world!
Thank you America for freedom of speech!
Thank you America for the hamburgers, the Coke and all the good things of this universe!
Thank you America for thousands of bombs, be it atomic, be it plain, thank you America for your war against terrorism!
OH THANK YOU AMERICA FOR YOUR WAR FOR PEACE!

Enough said. I refuse to spend any more brain cells or KB's trying to prove the concept that war is meaningless and financially-motivated and that people like Bush are as far from heroes as can be. I feel like (and I don't mean it personally, this is not just me trying) i'm trying to prove the earth is round and people seem to be stuck to the idea it's square! Guess what, it ain't!

Well thanks America again Can't wait for your war for peace! How rational! How sweet! How heroic!
02-19-03 05:45 PM
Mother baby [quote]FotiniD wrote:
Thank you America for saving the world!
Thank you America for being a role-model for us!
Thank you America for being the best country in the world!
Thank you America for freedom of speech!
Thank you America for the hamburgers, the Coke and all the good things of this universe!
Thank you America for thousands of bombs, be it atomic, be it plain, thank you America for your war against terrorism!
OH THANK YOU AMERICA FOR YOUR WAR FOR PEACE!

And THANK YOU AMERICA FOR ROCK N ROLL MUSIC!!!!!!

02-19-03 05:50 PM
~AzQb

SirMoonie

I just adore you, man

I really do.

(now what exactly did KSAY? i didn't catch this, and it's probably for the best...)

~no laughs today, i'm afraid
02-19-03 06:23 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
~AzQb wrote:
SirMoonie

I just adore you, man

I really do.

(now what exactly did KSAY? i didn't catch this, and it's probably for the best...)

~no laughs today, i'm afraid

Hey lady!

He didn't say anything much. I think he saw a peace march on tv and caught a nice vibe from it.

Smokin'.......
02-19-03 06:43 PM
~AzQb

....cat fuckin spews before he thinks sometimes. Let him PONDER before spewing, exercise t'brain before loading...i'm wit ya all t'way

~
02-19-03 07:55 PM
Scottfree
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
people like Bush are as far from heroes as can be.

And I suppose that you are a hero? Practicing your first amendment rights isn't heroism, creating the first amendment is....(which I don't believe you had any part in)
02-20-03 12:19 AM
sammy davis jr. "Fight Plaque Not Iraq"? So Woodie's a dentist now?
02-20-03 08:07 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

And I suppose that you are a hero? Practicing your first amendment rights isn't heroism, creating the first amendment is....(which I don't believe you had any part in)

No, I don't consider myself a "hero". In the terms that I don't wake up in the morning and think "my country is going to save the universe, I'm among the heroes!!!". I consider people who fight for their lives heroes. People who struggle to make something better, people who take as little as they're given and make a lot with it. People who have high hopes, high ideals and tolerance to others' opinions. People who want to make this place a little less hell-ish than it is. People who are open to the world, not isolated in their continent thinking they're the best and let the rest of the world think what it wants.

Iraq is not the only country in the world ruled by a dictator. I suppose we should expect that the American government will rid the world of all dictators, madmen etc. Amazing! Mr. Bush should tell us all how he does it, it's incredible. And since when are politicians so un-corrupted, pure, sweet and lovely - oh, we want to save the world! Let's make a war for peace, makes sense.

Iraq has one of the most amazing shares of oil available. Bush wants it like a maniac. A change of the regime will help him do it. Some European countries with oil contracts with Iraq oppose to the war because they're afraid the new regime will harm their interests. It's simple people: it's all about the money. M-o-n-e-y. Nothing to do with idealism and heroism. And you don't conquer ideals with war either way. But why do I even bother? People like Scottfree or SirMoonie seem to think that the world is against America, we all hate USA's President, we all are a bunch of cowards and we want to be killed by a crazy dictator somewhere in Iraq. Yes, we're all masochists. We all suddenly fell in love with terrorism. Sure enough, how logical, I should have thought of it myself.

This is not the right place for such a conversation either way, so I'll stop here. Let's hope that not many innocent people pay for this insanity - once again.
02-20-03 09:10 AM
NHStonesfan If were about Oil we could declare war on
Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, declare victory(they have no military) and start selling to the French and thier pals

02-20-03 10:52 AM
egon i like your posts fotini.

are you greek born?
02-20-03 11:04 AM
FotiniD NHStonesfan, the States have commercial relations / contracts regarding oil with Saudi Arabia. No reason attacking them.

Egon, thanks for the positive comment I was born in Greece, yeah. But IMO countries are only important as origins, as far as culture is concerned. What I mean is I don't have a "my country is the best in the world" syndrome. Countries as culture groups are all amazing, interesting and with something good to give - enter politics in the picture and you get a bunch of liars (politicians) governing people's way of thinking and creating enemies with no real reason just to serve their pockets! I only wish people would understand this, stop the propaganda and be more humane with each other. We have nothing to separate us and borders are lines drawn on maps.

Now, how idealistic and hippy-like does that get? Can't wait on Sir Moonie's reaction on this
02-20-03 11:33 AM
egon hey fontini.

reason i asked was because of your use of (english)language.

krgds

you commie bastard :-)))
02-20-03 12:32 PM
sirmoonie I like your posts too Fotini. They are very Spartan.
02-20-03 03:14 PM
FotiniD
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I like your posts too Fotini. They are very Spartan.

And what would you know about Spartan SirMoonie?

Commie like hell, Egon LOL
02-20-03 03:22 PM
Moonisup sorry to say, the Israeli's bombed the US ship "liberty" to get them down cos they heard they where killing 1000 Egyptians,
38 americans who where unarmed died in that shooting, so I think Israel thinks of Israel most of the time, (i don't blame then) but don't praise them to much!
02-20-03 03:26 PM
Maxlugar I'll say it.

My country is the best.

The traffic going across the Caribbean of boats made of sticks, doors and cow dung? It's going on way baby!

The people risking their lives to get over the Berlin Wall back in the day? One way baby!

THEIR COMIN' TO AMERICA!!

"Neil Diamond me betwixt mein butt cheeks, Ronald!"

MICK!

KEITH!

STONES!

MACKY!
02-20-03 03:36 PM
Scottfree Dear FortiniD,

We have something here in this country that you have mocked, reffered to as that constitution of the United States, that many, many people have given their lives for. I'm pretty certain that they didnt feel war was meaningless. They fought for our freedoms and to this day we will continue to fight for our freedoms. Yes your arguement will be that Iraq isn't a threat to the US, we can argue about that all day long. However, they are a threat to our freedoms that we have here, if we don't honor the people that gave their lives upholding our freedoms, than their fight and lives were meaningless.......
02-20-03 03:41 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
And what would you know about Spartan SirMoonie?

Are you saying I don't know anything about the Spartan lifestyle? I drink seawater and breathe butane, dude.
02-20-03 03:44 PM
Fiji Joe Fotini...shove your sarcastic "thank yous" up your ass...there about 60 years too late...

Amazing to me how some people can reach the point of such intellectual and individual freedom as to lose sight of the measures and means that were needed to obtain said freedoms...How can one take absolutely every advantage of these freedoms and then thumb their noses at the very enablers of that freedom?...Must be the dope...gotta be the dope...

Get a job...a real job
Page: 1 2 3 4

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST