ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Woody says: 'Fight Plaque Not Iraq' Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
02-17-03 09:37 AM
CHIEFMOON The Age. 17 February 2003. Stones roll onto anti-war bandwagon.

SYDNEY -- The Rolling Stones have added their voice to the growing chorus of anti-war sentiment
around the world.

The rock supergroup were in Sydney on Sunday as an estimated 200,000 people flooded the streets
to demonstrate against a possible military strike on Iraq.

The mass protest didn't go unnoticed by The Stones, whose hard-living guitarist Keith Richards, 59,
said it was important to keep abreast of world developments amid a tight international touring
schedule.

"They're out in force, right, all over the world, which is very peaceful," Richards told journalists in
Sydney.

"We're zooming around this globe and all this stuff's going on. We keep a close eye on it, let's hope it
gets resolved sensibly."

Guitarist Ron Wood, 55, hoped the public anti-war showing would be noticed by the world's
decision makers.

"I hope the governments are taking notice," Wood said.

"My favourite banner is 'Fight Plaque Not Iraq'."
02-17-03 05:32 PM
sirmoonie What, being against global warming isn't enough for these so-called "moralists"?

Now they gotta be communist traitors to their very own countries too?

Hey don't get me wrong, the Stones made some good music, but you would think Mr. Richards and the rest of these un-American anti-war homo-pansies would have the common decency not to be trashing the US when we are about to go to war to save their drugged up hippie asses from Islamic terrorists!!
02-17-03 06:32 PM
steel driving hammer Jesse Jackson says,

No invasion w/out justification or they'l be reprecation before liberation...

STAY OUT THE BUSHES!

LOL.

No joke, I used to be pro war, but now, I'm slightly feeling that we shouldn't.

We already have the bastard contained.
02-17-03 06:36 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
What, being against global warming isn't enough for these so-called "moralists"?

Now they gotta be communist traitors to their very own countries too?

Hey don't get me wrong, the Stones made some good music, but you would think Mr. Richards and the rest of these un-American anti-war homo-pansies would have the common decency not to be trashing the US when we are about to go to war to save their drugged up hippie asses from Islamic terrorists!!

Bla...

I love em even more for it!
02-17-03 06:44 PM
Moonisup these politics are so sad and some are so pigheaded,

keep this away from this board, we don't agree on this board so why bother to discuss it??
why again and again talk about this, how bad the islam is this and that, and we all know it's rubbish. Come on Grow up, don't point fingers,

at least try to keep this board free of shit in these strange times

try at least
[Edited by Moonisup]
02-17-03 07:04 PM
icydanger

a saying: only fools never change their mind.

02-17-03 07:19 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
No joke, I used to be pro war, but now, I'm slightly feeling that we shouldn't.

WTF? Did they teach anything besides blow jobs and flag burning at that military academy you went to? Do words like war, victory, America and patriotism mean nothing to your warped little mind? Or are they just concepts that you and people like MoonIsUp laugh at when you're all high on the Pot?

I suppose you have your rights....but, I'll tell you this, Steelie: the Stones can forget that '04 American tour! No decent American would be caught dead at one of those Jane Fonda commie fests now, goddammit!
02-18-03 12:16 AM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems The Stones really havent said ANYTHING!!! And they wont either...so calm down.
02-18-03 12:22 AM
Fiji Joe Hey Sir Moonie...where the hell have you been?

I been missing you like a mah fuck G!
02-18-03 12:50 AM
gypsymofo60 Everybody's entitled to an opinion, but I really don't think alot of people fully understand the full implications of what America& Britain feel needs to be done......It's not just Saddam, there are far too many irrational regimes out there acquring WofMD. It's all very well to debate the pros& cons of war on Iraq today, but what happens in 5, 10, or 15 years when the likes of Saddam acquire delivery systems, or the means to smuggle such a weapon/weapons across borders? How ya gonna protest in the streets of your city when your city's gone? During The Falklands crises in '82 Jagger was asked to comment on the situation after sending a video of an American concert to The British Troops, in the words of the reporter, " to offer moral support", but wisely refused to comment on The British action itself. I agree with Sirmoonie, you don't take millions of dollars out of a country, and then condemn it's foriegn policy. Just my opinion anyway.
02-18-03 08:45 AM
TT Can�t wait for jb and Maxlugar joining this great thread

Last remark:
If you don�t like Keith or Woody saying that: bomb their houses.
02-18-03 09:20 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
these politics are so sad and some are so pigheaded,

keep this away from this board, we don't agree on this board so why bother to discuss it??
why again and again talk about this, how bad the islam is this and that, and we all know it's rubbish. Come on Grow up, don't point fingers,

at least try to keep this board free of shit in these strange times

try at least

Thank you, Moonisup and some others, for keeping what little sanity is possible on this weird board!

Tyrants are bad and terrorists are bad (we all agree) but do we want bloodshed right here on Rocks Off? The Stones are entitled to their opinion, too. Keith will give his anyway, wether you or me like it or not!!!
And the opinions stated by Woody and Keith in the article are pretty tame and commonsense and lots of people in either camp could agree with them.
02-18-03 11:05 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
And the opinions stated by Woody and Keith in the article are pretty tame and commonsense and lots of people in either camp could agree with them.

Yeah, maybe if they were terrorist sympathy bearers!

You, Keith and Woody sicken me and real Americans to the point of illness beyond relief! Well you won't see me making any apologies for being sickened by anti-war communists! None! I stand by my country! Unlike those who don't!
02-18-03 11:53 AM
Joey " Yeah, maybe if they were terrorist sympathy bearers! "

Moonie ...................

Is that really you ?????

Where in the Hell have you been these past few weeks ???

Man , you are always Minty Fresh , can write a great and original post , and really really drink Guinness with the best of them .............................!

Welcome home Brother .............

" Help Me Ronnie , Help Help Me Ronnie !!!!!!!!! "

J. O. E. Y. !!!!!!
02-18-03 11:58 AM
egon sirmoonie.

i'm sure you don't mean to, but your post are funnie!

thanks.
02-18-03 12:33 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
egon wrote:
sirmoonie.

i'm sure you don't mean to, but your post are funnie!

thanks.

Well, I'm glad that anthrax chemical pies and freedom are so amusing to you, Mr. egon. The question I put to you is, are you on the right side or the wrong side? If your answer is anything but an unprevaricational yes in the affirmative, the free world has no time for your discarded thought process of the distant past thats currently smoldering on the dung heap of history as we speak right now!!
02-18-03 12:47 PM
FotiniD I too think we should keep the war discussion out of the board, cause certain people seem to be pretty hot-headed and refuse to agree to disagree. I've been e-mail attacked by one American fellow just because I said that "War is meaningless". You can't imagine the names I've been called. Just for stating a sane opinion, obviously cherised by the vast majority of people with logic around the world. I'm standing by my opinion, just don't want to spend KB's and server bandwidth to explain why one and one makes two, to people who think they're the heroes of the universe, the only ones who're brave, live in the best country in the world and all the rest are against them.

The word "propaganda" flashes like a neon sign all over everytime I read opinions like Sir Moonie's. It's sad to realize that there are people convinced by the pathetic excuses used by a brainless president to justify a war with financial motivation only.

It is the oil darlings - the "big mean mad dictator with blasting nuclear weapons" is 5% true (the dictator part only makes some sense!) and 95% propaganda. It's not like Saddam is a nice boy. But do you actually believe he will nuke the world? Or do you actually trust this statement when it's only supported by Bush and the like?

It's a Stones board and Sir Moonie will accuse me of awful, nasty, terrible, unspoken of "hippy" roots or -God forbid, no!-, that disgusting thing called communism -oh, how dare I-, but let me just say this: Give peace a chance.
02-18-03 12:51 PM
Moonisup
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

You, Keith and Woody sicken me and real Americans to the point of illness beyond relief! Well you won't see me making any apologies for being sickened by anti-war communists! None! I stand by my country! Unlike those who don't!

Open the cage let sirmoonie out
please sirmoonie, grow up

So you piss on the stones, ok join a Paul M board and call names there
02-18-03 12:59 PM
Moonisup
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I too think we should keep the war discussion out of the board, cause certain people seem to be pretty hot-headed and refuse to agree to disagree. I've been e-mail attacked by one American fellow just because I said that "War is meaningless".

You're not alone on that one!
02-18-03 01:04 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
but let me just say this: Give peace a chance.

You'd really like that wouldn't you?

Well, I hope you get a chance to find out all about peace, you commie-crusader!
02-18-03 01:13 PM
egon
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Well, I'm glad that anthrax chemical pies and freedom are so amusing to you, Mr. egon. The question I put to you is, are you on the right side or the wrong side? If your answer is anything but an unprevaricational yes in the affirmative, the free world has no time for your discarded thought process of the distant past thats currently smoldering on the dung heap of history as we speak right now!!

right & wrong can't be translated into �war� or �no war�!

you can have your opinion, and by all means express it(here), but don't dismiss other people just because they have a different views.

If you want to discuss, then discuss,
but to say �fuck you� to anyone who doesn�t agree has got nothing to do with a discussion.
(whatever the topic might be)

I�m sure you don�t care about anything I wrote here above, so let me just answer your question;

in your little world i would be on the wrong side i guess�.

Now, do you need my addres so you can bomb my house? Cos by the sound of it, you�d like to get rid of just about anybody that does not agree with you.

02-18-03 01:38 PM
sonicrock NO WAR NO WAR NO WAR
02-18-03 01:40 PM
Fiji Joe Is this Sirmoonie or Raging Goat?
02-18-03 03:39 PM
Hannalee Who left The Thoughts of Chairman McCarthy lying around where Sirmoonie could get at it?

I mean he is taking the piss, right? Speaking as a dangerous, not-in-my-name Pinko...
02-18-03 03:49 PM
Joey " If your answer is anything but an unprevaricational yes in the affirmative, the free world has no time for your discarded thought process of the distant past thats currently smoldering on the dung heap of history as we speak right now!! "

Moonie , when you use words like " unprevaricational " ....................you make young Joey very MOIST !!!!!

{{{{{{{ JACULATION }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
02-18-03 04:48 PM
Scottfree
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
It is the oil darlings / Give peace a chance.

Yeah give peace a chance? I'm sure these Islamic fundamentalists see your point. I hate to say this but I feel because of them it is a kill or be killed scenario.(jmo)

They are not going to care that you marched in a peace parade and were against the war. You are an American (for those who are) and they want you dead. Debate why they want you dead all you want, but the fact remains, they want you dead. If they could push a button right now to do so, they would. So your camps arguement is that they are not an immediate threat? We can argue whether they are or not all day long, however, are we suppossed to wait until they become an immediate threat? People in your camp also were the ones questioning why we didn't do or couldn't do anything to stop 9-11? So now we're attempting to take a proactive stance against Iraq, and you say were rushing to war??

It's about oil? For France it certainly is, they stand to make billions in oil revenue if Saddam stays in power. Simple research will back this up. For Russia it's about money, Iraq is in the hole for about 11 billion dollars to Russia. What happens to the IOU when Saddam gets a bomb dropped on his ass? That's right, no money for Russia! If we promise them the money, they change their view on this war.

For the US, it is about our safety, and Saddam is just one piece of the terror puzzle that needs to be dismantled. Once Iraq is under our control, it gives us a prime place to launch our intelligence in the region. Bordering Syria and Iran, coincidental? I do not think so, Convenience Of course...

Oh and oil? If we wanted their oil, why didn't we take it in 91? BTW, I'm all for taking it, call it the spoils of war. What country spends more money in aid around the world? That's right, the evil, warmongering bullies,
Americans! Let's reward ourselves for a change.
02-18-03 04:49 PM
Moonisup I must say I have respect for the guys going over there!!

let's drink for the common foot soldier

whatever our opinions are:

WE AREN'T EATING SAND

02-18-03 04:52 PM
FotiniD
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

You'd really like that wouldn't you?

Well, I hope you get a chance to find out all about peace, you commie-crusader!

Now, that's original I've never been called a commie-crusader before. Thanks SirMoonie, your posts are a constant source of entertainment. Just like your President!
02-18-03 04:58 PM
Fiji Joe Look, when France, Germany, China and Russia become the voices of reason, kiss your candy asses good-bye...grab a bottle of wine and a chinese yo-yo and kiss your candy-asses goodbye...
02-18-03 04:58 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Look, when France, Germany, China and Russia become the voices of reason, kiss your candy asses good-bye...grab a bottle of wine and a chinese yo-yo and kiss your candy-asses goodbye...

true
Page: 1 2 3 4

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST