ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Woody says: 'Fight Plaque Not Iraq' Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
02-18-03 05:13 PM
hoobler you need to put an r between those two ohs there, and turn off your fuck'n tv. did you ever see 'band of brothers'? did you see the scene where the german pastry chef was completely clueless when the soldier told him there was a concentration camp down the street? are you a pastry chef?

quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
What, being against global warming isn't enough for these so-called "moralists"?

Now they gotta be communist traitors to their very own countries too?

Hey don't get me wrong, the Stones made some good music, but you would think Mr. Richards and the rest of these un-American anti-war homo-pansies would have the common decency not to be trashing the US when we are about to go to war to save their drugged up hippie asses from Islamic terrorists!!

02-18-03 05:18 PM
Moonisup ouch

war is bad, 2 sides are always wrong
02-18-03 05:46 PM
F505 Always a pleasure to debate with a person who uses a machinegun in his avator
02-18-03 06:13 PM
100 Years Ago Marianne's lyrics pretty relevant today...just insert different names for countries...

Could have come through anytime
Cold lonely, your return
What are you fighting for?
It's not my security
It's just an old war
Not even a cold war
Don't say it in Russian
Don't say it in German
Say it in broken English
Say it in broken English
Lose your father, and your husband
Your mother and your children
What are you dying for?
It's not my reality
It's just an old war
Not even a cold war
Don't say it in Russian
Don't say it in German
Say it in broken English
Say it in broken English
Say it in broken English
Say it in broken English
02-18-03 06:27 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
hoobler wrote:
you need to put an r between those two ohs there, and turn off your fuck'n tv. did you ever see 'band of brothers'? did you see the scene where the german pastry chef was completely clueless when the soldier told him there was a concentration camp down the street? are you a pastry chef?

Lookie here McGovie, I know I speak for all real Americans here when I say we don't watch German anti-government shows about flitty pastry cooks who want to put people in terrorist camps like you, Keith and other haters of freedom watch. Got that? We know what to watch and what NOT to watch. Its called having a Quotient. Perhaps you've heard of it?

Not! Not you who watches stuff even if its wrong, and you don't even care because you have no soul to bare and children and dogs sneer at you in the streets when you're marching home in black leather boots from some worker's rally of some kind.
02-18-03 07:06 PM
icydanger

whats the right side the wrong side, help!
i thought god was on both sides

there is a problem and solutions should be and will be found. (or are all the leaders stupid?)

bush is convinced, ok, he has his reasons, so he and colin should meet with all the members of Nato and debate.

no need to become bitter over it
you cant expect 4 different artists to think exactly like you! But i am sure you would love debating with them even if your ideas are not exactly the same...

02-18-03 07:18 PM
Fiji Joe Sirmoonie wrote:

"when you're marching home in black leather boots from some worker's rally of some kind".

Damnit man, you're killing me...softly...like Sade...who is a broad I would give my left coconut to squeeze in a loving, but still, nasty manner...
02-18-03 08:21 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
icydanger wrote:
i thought god was on both sides

There's the rip, Icedinger. Don't get too caught up in what god says. This is about right and wrong.

Semi-benevolent deities are not the issue (although thats not what Keith and the liberal terrorists would have you believe). At least in the abstraction.

No, whats at stake is your very own backyard, even if its a small, squalorish one because you are lazy and don't work very hard. Saddam wants those backyards too. He wants it all. All the backyards where freedom is made.
02-18-03 09:28 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
100 Years Ago wrote:
Marianne's lyrics pretty relevant today...just insert different names for countries...

Could have come through anytime
Cold lonely, your return
It's not my security
It's just an old war
Not even a cold war
Don't say it in Russian
Don't say it in German
Say it in broken English
Say it in broken English
Lose your father, and your husband
Your mother and your children
What are you dying for?
It's not my reality
It's just an old war
Not even a cold war
Don't say it in Russian
Don't say it in German
Say it in broken English
Say it in broken English
Say it in broken English
Say it in broken English

Ah yes! probably came up with those insightful lyrics out of her scone camping on that West End wall. Nobody enjoys war!.....Nobody enjoys going to the dentist, but sometimes ya just gotta do it, know what I mean?
02-19-03 02:58 AM
FotiniD Going to war cannot be compared to going to the dentist. For one thing. Secondly, war is the most absurd human act and is ALWAYS (at least in the past 100-200 years) led by financial benefit. Forget the patriot/super-hero/we're here to save the world propaganda.

100years ago, I most CERTAINLY agree Marianne's lyrics fit here.

It seems to me there are certain people who want to die in order for two madmen to add more cash in the register. Well, whatever. What about the ones who REFUSE to die for that? No respect for that? Sir Moonie's opinions and way of expression make me thing we have developed NONE at all as human beings. Still in the jungles, hanging from trees and fighting for food - only this is someone else's food dears, not ours.

And as about Keith's opinions. Someone said that both sides could agree with the remarks, they were sort of neutral and I seem to believe that too. Also, when someone expresses his / her opposition to war, that doesn't mean he / she expresses liking of terrorism!!! This is so insane! Do they put anything in the hamburgers or milk or whatever? What on earth, how come so many people believe this stuff?

Going to war is plain insanity. Going to war for oil is insanity doubled. And SirMoonie, maybe you should start thinking why on earth terrorism - which I condemn as much as war, to make myself clear - is so focused on America, the anthrax attacks and so on. The goverments have made terrible mistakes and the only ones who pay for it are innocent people - be it American or Iraqi for all I care.

Let's hope logic prevails, although I doubt it.
02-19-03 03:02 AM
FotiniD By any chance SirMoonie, have you been sending me any e-mails during the past week? You really do sound a lot like the guy who did... Scary...

Cause you'd think that people who like and appreciate what the Stones are, would at least be opposite to war. And more clever not to bite the propaganda.

But then again, freedom of expression. As much as you criticize it SirMoonie, it's the only reason you're allowed to speak up your mind under any circumstances! You should then praise it.
02-19-03 04:17 AM
macawber i don't think keith really said all that much,just"they're out in force all over the world,very peaceful"and "lets hope it gets resolved sensibly"that doesn't exactly mean he's trading in the headband for a turbin.by the way,is it true that when they set off fireworks at euro-disney half of paris surrenders?.
02-19-03 07:11 AM
FotiniD
quote:
macawber wrote:
i don't think keith really said all that much,just"they're out in force all over the world,very peaceful"and "lets hope it gets resolved sensibly"that doesn't exactly mean he's trading in the headband for a turbin.by the way,is it true that when they set off fireworks at euro-disney half of paris surrenders?.

I still don't understand why an anti-war statement, any anti-war statement, either from Keith or Woody or me and you, should be interpreted as a "I love terrorism" statement. So it's either war or terrorism? I consider these two to be the same. Ten Years After put it very plainly and beautifully in "Tell me where is sanity?" in "I'd love to change the world".

And you don't have to wear a turbin to be a terrorist. Attacking civilian buses with women and children (Kossovo) was a terroristic act, which, in American/democratic/civilized and non-terroristic dimensions (fully equipped with ties and costumes, instead of the turbin) was called "a mistake". Have you any idea how many "mistakes" were made during the attacks in Kossovo, all against innocent people? Images of splattered arms and legs and children's heads are still in my mind everytime I think about it. Guess CNN only broadcasts the Twin Towers episode of terrorism. Well you know, terrorism is a global thing and you don't need a turbin to do it.
02-19-03 08:00 AM
telecaster Fotina D: "Forget the patriot/super-hero/we're here to save the world propaganda."

Nice of you Fotina to dismiss two World Wars started in your continent and the freeing of your continent and your country. Just sweep that under the rug when it suits you.

It seems your continent easily forgets that lesson.
That is why my country has to keep coming back again and again. WWI, WWII, Cold War, Kosovo.

"Oh by the way evil USA, we have another little problem in Kosovo." Can you provide your $3 Billion apiece B-2 bombers and additional airpower to end it because we do not have the airpower to do the job???

Germany had to RENT a plane from the Ukrane to fly its troops to Afghanastan. France has one aircraft carrier
that they are not sure if it is seaworthy to leave port.
Last time it did the propeller broke (sadly, I am not making these examples up)

At somepoint someone has to do the job with the heavy lifting and sadly that all too much of the time is the US.

War seemed to be the answer in WWI when if freed your
continent and country and it seemed to be the answer in WWII when it freed your continent and country.

Freedom is never free. But I guess for some it is while others get stuck with the bill.

02-19-03 08:02 AM
NHStonesfan As much as stones represent my music life

Sometimes war is a necessary evil and
I'm in favor of global warming (it's sure been a cold cold winter, my waist is dragging in the snow)

Rock On
02-19-03 09:38 AM
Joey " Lookie here McGovie, I know I speak for all real Americans here when I say we don't watch German anti-government shows about flitty pastry cooks who want to put people in terrorist camps like you, Keith and other haters of freedom watch. Got that? We know what to watch and what NOT to watch. Its called having a Quotient. Perhaps you've heard of it?

Not! Not you who watches stuff even if its wrong, and you don't even care because you have no soul to bare and children and dogs sneer at you in the streets when you're marching home in black leather boots from some worker's rally of some kind. "

^
|
|
|
|

Ladies and Gentlemen .....do you all see this ?

DO YOU SEE IT ??????? !!!!!! ???????

Now THAT'S Posting my friends !

..........................and I can learn from it .

Perhaps I should take a week off too ...............Nah !

" Help Me Ronnie , Help Help Me Ronnie "

Stones !

{{{{{{{{{ THE JOEY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

02-19-03 09:42 AM
gypsy Joey, I knew I'd find you here. I was just thinking of you as I did my last bit of blow.
*single tear*
02-19-03 11:11 AM
jb Thank god Sasca and Marcus Aurelius left the board...maybe a few more should follow their lead.
02-19-03 11:35 AM
TracyGene Sirmoonie,I've got it,lets have the French take care of the Iraqi situation.At least America knows which side we are on!
02-19-03 11:38 AM
egon learning a lot here.
especially how america single-handedly won ww2.
keep the history lessons coming, if nothing else
they entertain me!

seriously; everyone's entitled to their opinion
but i find it very scary that, according to quite a few people here,
if you are not for this war, you are against the US.

and if you are not for this war, you should shut up, leave, die or whatever.

such bullshit!

i thought americans were so big on "freedom of speech"?
[Edited by egon]
02-19-03 11:42 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
egon wrote:
i thought americans were so big on "freedom of speech"?
[Edited by egon]

We are, goddamit! As long as its the right kind of speech. Thats what you pro-terrorists fail to comprehend as you trod on the snake in the dark waves of grain that so majestically waivered.
02-19-03 11:46 AM
jb Ariel Sharon is my hero....
02-19-03 11:50 AM
egon moonie, take a valium or something.
you've been raging for 2 days straight now.

come to think of it; they can use people like you in the army.

not the french army of course, cos that only exists on paper.
02-19-03 11:57 AM
100 Years Ago the way i look at it, keeping UN inspectors there, you're keeping him contained, he's not going to do anything offensive while under that scrutiny, and slowly you will uncover what WOMD he may or may not have. It's a longer process, but you weaken him through a war of attrition. He's not going to attack anyone as long as the weapons inspectors are present, there's too much scrutiny. If we attack he will undoubtedly lob some missles into Israel, Turkey and if the mood strikes him Kuwait.
02-19-03 12:01 PM
Joey " Joey, I knew I'd find you here. I was just thinking of you as I did my last bit of blow.
*single tear* "

Gypsy , I would like to nibble your elbows and caress your kneecaps -- all at the same time !

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Shall I put on some ' Let it Bleed ' she purred ?????? ' Come to Joey ' I said to her Ronnie "

{{{{{{{{{{{ JOEY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
02-19-03 12:18 PM
TracyGene JB,I agree with you.The middle east is still a hot bed.It has taken a back seat to Iraq and North Korea.So many "hot spots",so many headaches...
02-19-03 12:22 PM
sirmoonie I actually gave myself a headache! Sorry to anyone else who got one. Seriously.

Whew......

Moogie. Hey Joey, I got the goods. Tx, bud. Remember when we hugged like long lost sole brothers in Denver? Alcohol! Yes!
02-19-03 12:31 PM
telecaster
How can you people sit and talk about this stuff when:

1. Catherine Zeta Jones is suing because she looks fat
in her wedding pictures.

2. Michael Jacksons reputation is being attached. ATTACKED
on a daily basis.

3. The foot fetish chick didn't get picked on "Joe Millionaire"

4. Dolly the cloned sheep was put to sleep

5. Maxlugar has not been heard from in days (Iriana likey?)

There is some really serious stuff going on in the world folks. Pay attention
[Edited by telecaster]
02-19-03 12:40 PM
nankerphelge #4 should be #1.
02-19-03 12:54 PM
sirmoonie She will never be forgotten.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2765075.stm
Page: 1 2 3 4

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST