ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image and watch the show!
© Marcelo Sayao/ZUMA with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Super Bowl - Ford Field, Detroit, February 5, 2006 Setlist, reviews and pix Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
February 5th, 2006 11:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl See this way: 33% of the setlist comes from ABB
February 5th, 2006 11:37 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
See this way: 33% of the setlist comes from ABB

You have outdone me once again, Voodoo.
February 5th, 2006 11:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL
February 5th, 2006 11:52 PM
Puff The magic was there for all three songs.

Charlies good tonight.

Wonder what they are up to after the gig?

February 6th, 2006 12:02 AM
drummerjaymz Okay guys there was only one good thing about this performance, the stage. period. The music sucked ass, rolling stones is way too main-stream and has gotten more attention than their worth. Anyways, about the superbowl performance...
They should all be in a nursing home, seriously, did anyone see all the extra skin they had, flopping around everywhere, they only wore size extra small clothes to keep their skin in. they were all worn out, bassist, rythm guitarist, and drummer were completely wasted- they were there but they weren't actually there. clothes way way way too tight and i'm sorry but men don't wear sparkles, period. seeing their mid sections constantly and watching their gross, off sync gyrations about made me puke. the drummer made numerous mistakes, kept slowing the band down and played the same beat the whole entire time, no variations at all, same goes for the bassist. the bassist and rythm guitarist were facing eachother in a corner each time because they were way to f***** up to know what was going on, good thing they didn't have anything complicated to play. basically, the performance sucked.
February 6th, 2006 12:07 AM
jb
quote:
drummerjaymz wrote:
Okay guys there was only one good thing about this performance, the stage. period. The music sucked ass, rolling stones is way too main-stream and has gotten more attention than their worth. Anyways, about the superbowl performance...
They should all be in a nursing home, seriously, did anyone see all the extra skin they had, flopping around everywhere, they only wore size extra small clothes to keep their skin in. they were all worn out, bassist, rythm guitarist, and drummer were completely wasted- they were there but they weren't actually there. clothes way way way too tight and i'm sorry but men don't wear sparkles, period. seeing their mid sections constantly and watching their gross, off sync gyrations about made me puke. the drummer made numerous mistakes, kept slowing the band down and played the same beat the whole entire time, no variations at all, same goes for the bassist. the bassist and rythm guitarist were facing eachother in a corner each time because they were way to f***** up to know what was going on, good thing they didn't have anything complicated to play. basically, the performance sucked.

U2 board slow tonight?
February 6th, 2006 12:22 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox I was a bit worried coming in but I thought they pulled it off wonderfully. The guitars on SMU were too low: that is until Ronnie began his solo and they turned him WAY up, where he remained for the rest of the set. Has Ronnie ever been that much louder than Keith? It was cool though because he concentrated on what he was doing and absolutely ripped through Rough Justice and Satisfaction. Great setlist and great performance. Oh, and the Steelers won too which was pretty cool...
February 6th, 2006 12:28 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
HardKnoxDurtySox wrote:
I was a bit worried coming in but I thought they pulled it off wonderfully. The guitars on SMU were too low: that is until Ronnie began his solo and they turned him WAY up, where he remained for the rest of the set. Has Ronnie ever been that much louder than Keith? It was cool though because he concentrated on what he was doing and absolutely ripped through Rough Justice and Satisfaction. Great setlist and great performance. Oh, and the Steelers won too which was pretty cool...

The refs won. The Steelers just showed up. If the Seahawks had done likewise they would have prevailed.
February 6th, 2006 12:32 AM
voodoopug
quote:
drummerjaymz wrote:
Okay guys there was only one good thing about this performance, the stage. period. The music sucked ass, rolling stones is way too main-stream and has gotten more attention than their worth. Anyways, about the superbowl performance...

you shall NEVER be greeted
February 6th, 2006 12:43 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:

U2 board slow tonight?

LOL
February 6th, 2006 01:53 AM
highwire Show rocked. My mum even liked it. Good raw/slick performance. Liked the men in black get ups. Chris Berman seemed to really enjoy from ABC. You could tell he was trying to get in a good line. Finally settled on Jerome Bettis doing some Tumbling Dice at the goal line.
The other commentators were pure football meatheads and didn't seem impacted one way or the other.
Al Michaels didn't offer any thoughts. I think Jagger bugs him. Michaels likes to think he's the star of every game he broadcasts.
[Edited by highwire]
February 6th, 2006 02:46 AM
prodigalson whast with all the haters? man some people just dont get it. very good performance. lets get the idiots off the board.
February 6th, 2006 02:56 AM
FotiniD So, who recorded it?! I need a DVD of this so bad

Man, they look great. And the stage is AWESOME. They really should keep it along.
February 6th, 2006 03:36 AM
Slavegirl I don't understand how any band could possibly be so amazing. The performane put me on a total "Stones high" for the rest of the day and I drove home tonight kinda tipsy getting all happy and emotional while listening to the London Years collection. Overall a fucking great day.
February 6th, 2006 04:07 AM
silkcut1978
quote:
Gazza wrote:

really? I would imagine that, like us, even though the commentators were different from the US TV versions, you would have got the same sound and pictures as everyone else. They didnt 'bleep' anything out, the words were just silenced

No censorship, no "bleeps", no silence on Austrian TV - but horrible sound and only 2 hours of sleep last night..;-)

Is it allowed on the tracker? I've already finished the DVD (but NO menue as I don't care for useless pics and sounds) and could up it later on.

silkcut
February 6th, 2006 04:23 AM
FotiniD
quote:
silkcut1978 wrote:

Is it allowed on the tracker? I've already finished the DVD (but NO menue as I don't care for useless pics and sounds) and could up it later on.

Oh, please do silkcut!
February 6th, 2006 04:26 AM
silkcut1978
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Oh, please do silkcut!

No problem if somebody confirms that it's ok :-)

silkcut
February 6th, 2006 05:56 AM
Mathijs Great stage, thanks to U2 for the idea! And, they looked great all in black. I thought musically it was so-so, and we now can finally lay the Stones as a "rebel band" to rest. I mean, singing "Satisfaction" at Super Bowl...that's not R&R, that's corporate branding.

And playing rugby with padded suits and helmets is just like a swimsuit model in a burqa.

Mathijs
February 6th, 2006 06:50 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
No faggot padding. Just burly Aussie boys charging into each other, jumping on each other backs, and...

...wow! I just made Aussies Rules sound like Brokeback Mountain!

burly Aussie boys who can't bench 60% of what the linemen bench

burly Aussie boys who can't reach within a second the 50M times for the wide receivers and defensive backs

that being said, there is little doubt the NFL guys are overpadded....there were less injuries in the 40's and 50's and less severe injuries in Aussie or Gaelic football OR rugby
[Edited by lotsajizz]
February 6th, 2006 06:51 AM
LadyJane
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

This has HEADER written all over it.

And now the fun begins..........phone ringing off the hook last night...family and friends who really never got it now saying...."My God, LJ. Mick Jagger has the energy of a 35 year old. He is amazing."

Thank you......MY BAND. You made me proud.

LJ.
February 6th, 2006 06:56 AM
speedfreakjive What is the general concensus about Ronnie's performance?
February 6th, 2006 06:58 AM
charlotte Keith knew they nailed it! Did you see him acknowledge Mick and Mick returned the nod and hand on shoulder...classic
February 6th, 2006 07:10 AM
exile What a fucking great stage. cant wait to see the performance.
February 6th, 2006 07:40 AM
corgi37 Just saw the replay on ESPN (the 1st time i ever watched the station - hahaha). What a fucking knock out. I was so proud of them. Keith looked ill though. I wonder if he had a cold. Or, at the least, "flu like symptoms". Good on Jagger for saying "dead man cum". Now, finally, can they live down "lets spend some time together" - hahahaha.

The Stones were all over the news here tonight. This has garnered them great publicity. Might just tip the edge for a tour announcement.

Aussie Rules still kills as a sport though. Please, it IS NOT Rugby, its AUssie Rules. Totally different game.

Hope you Yanks enjoyed the game. I was sort of going for the Steelers because thats where George A. Romero is from.

Oh, and i had to laugh at Jaggers interview again. He was hilarious. He said he used to have Superbowl parties. I mean, who's he kidding? hahaha. Great comment. I can imagine. "More dip anyone?" "Bob, you want dip?" "Jerry, bring in the punch please". "Dont forget people, after the game, we get the Twister game out!".
February 6th, 2006 07:46 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

Goin' To A Go-Go>

I for one, am elated they didn't play this useless pointless tune.

Anyways, JJF is always a welcome addition, but the set was good.
February 6th, 2006 08:05 AM
Maxlugar The Superbowl was not Omaha'ed!!!

With just three songs, the Stones poured out more energy and excitement than the entire Quest Center show.

The crowd surrounding, and inside!, the new fantastic "Logo Stage" only added fuel to the fire, as opposed to the undeserving and listless crowd in attendance in Omaha.

So that's it.

All my best,

Maxlugar.

February 6th, 2006 08:25 AM
gimmekeef Just when some of us (me included)think we are heading for a disaster the boys pull it off.They aint the Greatest for nothin!...Sound was a little off but at full volume in 5.1 surround my party didnt notice!
February 6th, 2006 08:44 AM
corgi37 Watching Fox and Friends. OMG - I hate these people. The blonde fuckwit is saying they were not appropriate. The little black haired guy wanted an American band. Surpisingly, the big blonde geek liked them. he said they were better than McCartney. Dipshit blondie said they were not appropriate for family viewing. I mean, WTF! She said McCartney was. Big blonde guy says "Yeah, but McCartney was dull!".

Good to see the old fellas can still upset people.
February 6th, 2006 08:59 AM
Gazza
quote:
silkcut1978 wrote:

No censorship, no "bleeps", no silence on Austrian TV - but horrible sound and only 2 hours of sleep last night..;-)

silkcut

yes, of course its allowed on the tracker. Fire away!!

Thanks!
February 6th, 2006 09:01 AM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
What is the general concensus about Ronnie's performance?

Good. He was focussed on the music instead of fucking about. As someone said elsewhere, he managed to ditch his ADD for ten minutes

He should play slide more often
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)