ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image and watch the show!
© Marcelo Sayao/ZUMA with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Super Bowl - Ford Field, Detroit, February 5, 2006 Setlist, reviews and pix Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
February 6th, 2006 02:08 PM
PartyDoll MEG Love the animation Jeep!!

Voodoo!! Gazza!! It's making me dizzy!!

P.S. The sheep commercial was thoroughly appreciated by me, Nanky!!
February 6th, 2006 02:18 PM
jb Commercials, game and officiting sucked...I lost 3k b/c of the total Steeler friendly reefs..........Joe Montanna and Terry Bradshaw dicks for asking 100k to walk on field..........Only thinh memmorable asx the best performance ever at a Supr-Bowl and the lifeless Detroit crowd...truly cadavewrs...It was 70 and sunny here yesterday..thankfully we will host agan anothr SB...with my luck, U2 will be back.
February 6th, 2006 02:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Love the animation Jeep!!

Voodoo!! Gazza!! It's making me dizzy!!

Dizzy? I've been having epileptic seizures for the last hour!!!

February 6th, 2006 03:10 PM
gypsy A few photos from last night's Super Bowl halftime performance, courtesy of Frank Micellota:

February 6th, 2006 03:11 PM
gimmekeef Not sure we can blame the crowd for lack of response.Talked to 2 friends who were there in diffrent parts of stadium.They said you couldnt hear even what song was being played..and many people are moving to concessions or bathrooms..
February 6th, 2006 03:17 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
jb wrote:
mONTANNA OVERRATED ASS HOLE(WIG WEARER) AND bRADSHAW A BALD DICK HEAD BITTER STILL FROM HIS LACK OF RECOGNITION..........cZONKA WAS THE MAN!!!

WHY?????????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
February 6th, 2006 03:44 PM
jb
quote:
HardKnoxDurtySox wrote:

WHY?????????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Refused to particpate in pre-game ceremony for less than 100k a piece3...
February 6th, 2006 04:03 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Refused to particpate in pre-game ceremony for less than 100k a piece...

this is also the reason why Bernard & Blondie didnt show up.
February 6th, 2006 04:08 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

this is also the reason why Bernard & Blondie didnt show up.

Send In The Frogs / Baby Joshy / Baby Joey

Isn't it rich? Are we a pair -
Me here at last on the ground, you in mid air?
Send in the Frogs.
Isn't it bliss? Don't you approve -
One who keeps tearing around, one who can't move?
Where are the frogs? Send in the frogs.
Just when I'd stopped opening doors
Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours.
Making my entrance again with my usual flair.
Sure of my lines. No one is there.
Don't you love farce? My fault, I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want.
Sorry, my dear.
But where are the frogs? Send in the frogs.
Don't bother, they're here.
Isn't it rich? Isn't it queer -
Losing my timing this late in my career?
Where are the frogs? There ought to be frogs.
Well, maybe next year...... ( fade to Baby Steel Magnolia )

February 6th, 2006 04:57 PM
ketvos
quote:
radiomanno wrote:
Any guitar junkies out there know what guitar Ronnie Wood was playing during Rough Justice???

The brand is Zemaitis, and it's basically called a Disc Front. Here's a link...
http://www.privateguitarcollector.com/zronwoodszem.htm

Did anyone else think the sound sucked for this show? Where was Keef's guitar? He should have been heard, but it was like he was muted. Personally I'm going to blame the sound people who mixed it. Anyone see the preshow? There was numerous mixing errors (mics muted when it was someones turn to sing) Ohhh well...
February 6th, 2006 05:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Any guitar junkies out there know what guitar Ronnie Wood was playing during Rough Justice???<

Yeah, that's one of Woody's Zemitis guitars.

You can't buy that guitar. The one Woody is playing is a one off custom job. They do make a version availible for public consimption though.

If you want one, I hope your bank account is very large.
February 6th, 2006 05:06 PM
sammy davis jr. You'd think for once, the fucking sound engineers would get it right......As someone who has played music live for years, a shitty sound man or monitor tech can make a great performance sound like shit. Your'e basically at their mercy- especially on an event like the SB. It seems like the Stones ALWAYS get screwed on their mixes.
February 6th, 2006 05:59 PM
Saint Sway thanks for that Zematis link. some cool pics of Rich Robinson's custom Zematis on the photo gallery page. One of those looks like he cloned Woody's. No surprise.
the other one is pretty trippy
February 6th, 2006 06:38 PM
fluke182 I read somewhere that Charlie Watts was wearing a hypercolor shirt last night during half time, was that really a hypercolor shirt? Can we get some sort of confirmation. I'm convinced I saw an interview with him somewhere about it, but now I can't find it. Any help would be fantastic, thanks.
February 6th, 2006 07:19 PM
jaggergurl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

This has HEADER written all over it.

And now the fun begins..........phone ringing off the hook last night...family and friends who really never got it now saying...."My God, LJ. Mick Jagger has the energy of a 35 year old. He is amazing."

Thank you......MY BAND. You made me proud.

LJ.

ME TOO, LJ!!! As soon as the Stones were off the stage.. the phone started ringing.... same things my friends and family said.. LOL.... isn't it great?

I did get some.. satisfaction...
February 6th, 2006 07:21 PM
jaggergurl and wonderful Gypsy.. thank you for those shots.. LOVE them.. *swoon-sigh*
February 6th, 2006 07:50 PM
ketvos
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
You'd think for once, the fucking sound engineers would get it right......etc etc etc

AMEN!!! I'm also a musician and I think whoever did the halftime sound needs to be put in jail or at least tied up and have rocks thrown at them.

IT"S THE ROLLING STONES, there is no reason to have sound like that, I expect it at the local bar, but not at such a big event.
February 6th, 2006 08:43 PM
Gazza how long did it take to set that stage up? ten minutes?

I suppose when you allow it to be a rush job like that, some things are going to get compromised - which is a shame
February 6th, 2006 09:06 PM
Soldatti
quote:
fluke182 wrote:
I read somewhere that Charlie Watts was wearing a hypercolor shirt last night during half time, was that really a hypercolor shirt? Can we get some sort of confirmation.

He wore a violet shirt.
February 6th, 2006 09:41 PM
fluke182
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

He wore a violet shirt.

I know he wore a violet shirt, but hypercolor is where it changes color when hitting heat. That was what I read on the net at least.
February 6th, 2006 10:42 PM
Bovine49 Mick tried to be exciting; the band was generally sloppy; but Charlie was cool.

Stones are about 30 years past their prime. Who else agrees with me?
February 6th, 2006 11:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Bovine49 wrote:
Stones are about 30 years past their prime. Who else agrees with me?

That's one of the reasons why I like them, it's only rock and roll not the new crap
February 6th, 2006 11:32 PM
Bovine49
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

That's one of the reasons why I like them, it's only rock and roll not the new crap

I don't mean stylistically - I mean performance-wise.

I agree that their style is better than most modern music.
February 6th, 2006 11:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Two more with thanks to Gypsy and a header change

February 7th, 2006 12:42 AM
gypsy A few more from Getty:

February 7th, 2006 03:13 AM
FotiniD Gypsy, thanks so very MUCH for the pictures, they're all so great!

Is it just me, or is this 3-song gig one of their best photographed ever?
February 7th, 2006 04:58 AM
LE PAUL JAGGER great Jeep, as always
February 7th, 2006 05:04 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Bovine49 wrote:

I don't mean stylistically - I mean performance-wise.

I agree that their style is better than most modern music.

Clearly you've never ever actually seen them. You should.

February 7th, 2006 06:24 AM
corgi37 Hey, i have a question. The people on the field were very enthusiastic. Maybe, "too" enthusiastic. Were they paid goons or real fans or competition winners? I mean, it looked good and all with that arm waving and people jumping up and down, but just wasnt too natural. Or am i being cyncical? Still, i loved it. Great photo in Melbourne's AGE today. Our other daily rag (owned by 1 Mr. R. Murdoch) featured nothing on them at all.

And, Bovine clearly has mad cow disease!

Boom-boom.
[Edited by corgi37]
February 7th, 2006 06:47 AM
Gazza they were fans who had to put their names forward as a 'team'

I know a few folks who were there. (Hello, Cindy P!)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)