ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image and watch the show!
© Marcelo Sayao/ZUMA with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Super Bowl - Ford Field, Detroit, February 5, 2006 Setlist, reviews and pix Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
February 7th, 2006 07:12 AM
LadyJane
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Gypsy, thanks so very MUCH for the pictures, they're all so great!

Is it just me, or is this 3-song gig one of their best photographed ever?

I think you are right, Fotini. Best photos EVER.

Let me share this too. I was on the phone with our dear gypsy during the performance. In between screaming and singing along she says "Can you just imagine all the great pics I'm going to find for us, Sis??"

She's ALWAYS thinking of us...thanks my dear friend.

LJ.
February 7th, 2006 07:38 AM
charlotte I will second that LJ!!!!!
February 7th, 2006 07:39 AM
SweetVirginia
I agree....the pictures
Gypsy finds for us are
absolutely priceless!
Thanks so much.

February 7th, 2006 09:04 AM
moy from detroit news

February 7th, 2006 11:07 AM
Lavendar OMG!!!!!! WOW!!!!
THANK YOU GYPSY!!!
Love the Header today!!!! GAURANTEED AMAZING!!!!The STONES ROCK OUR WORLD! *_*
[Edited by Lavendar]
February 7th, 2006 03:15 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Sadly, ratings were down from last year and the Stones are being blamed.

This years Super Bowl was viewed by the 2nd largest number of people in TV history!!!! And the Stones rocked all their faces!!!
February 7th, 2006 05:08 PM
jaggergurl WOW!! That stage is just too cool.. *crossing fingers* we will see it in the Fall... *hint hint, Stones*
February 7th, 2006 09:43 PM
Bovine49
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Clearly you've never ever actually seen them. You should.

How wrong you are! I saw them in the '70s, '80s and '90s, ya pip-squeek!
February 8th, 2006 12:10 AM
gypsy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I think you are right, Fotini. Best photos EVER.

Let me share this too. I was on the phone with our dear gypsy during the performance. In between screaming and singing along she says "Can you just imagine all the great pics I'm going to find for us, Sis??"

She's ALWAYS thinking of us...thanks my dear friend.

LJ.

Thanks so much for all the kind words...and for starting a "Thank You" thread. I really appreciate it! So, here are a few more, courtesy of ABC Media:

February 8th, 2006 05:04 AM
throbby Way to go Gypsy! Thank you!
February 8th, 2006 06:27 AM
corgi37 Keef Riff master indeed!

Hey, i go onto this zombie movie site. I am like SOOOOOO old compared to the little fuckers. As 1 voice, they HATED our band. Old farts, music for 60 year olds, yada, yada. These (frankly frightening) odd balls would prefer to see Cannibal Corpse or Slayer or something. Or, heaven forbid, Ozzy! I point out, heh heh, that the Stones havent done a BS/Ozzy cover, but the washed up hack did a Stones song on his last cd. They are like "Wha? What would he do?" I go "Ever hear of a song called Sympathy for the Devil?", "Like, whoa, dude, those old farts didnt write that". I'm like "THOSE OLD DUDES are 3-4 years older than Osbourne!" You cant win with morons. Fair dinkum, i bloody hate young people. I truly do.

I weep for the youth of America. And to think, the NRA feeds these kids! Keeps 'em well stocked.

For when school is too tough, or some one looks at them wrong or they get a job in the mail service.
February 8th, 2006 09:06 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl GYPSY STRIKES AGAIN!!

February 8th, 2006 09:21 AM
silkcut1978 some of the most amazing pics ever - THANKS A LOT !!!

just one suggestion - is it necessary to put the words "ROCKS OFF" on 'em ? these pics would be great to use for CD/DVD-artwork but it's half the fun if one has to cut away the legs because of the RO-sign.

silkcut
February 8th, 2006 10:01 AM
nankerphelge Last nite at dinner, a few people razzed me about how bad the Stones sounded. One of the guys was actually at the game and said the sound problems weren't just ABC -- he said they sounded off.

I was surprised -- I didn't think they were bad at all.
February 8th, 2006 10:06 AM
LadyJane
quote:
silkcut1978 wrote:
some of the most amazing pics ever - THANKS A LOT !!!

just one suggestion - is it necessary to put the words "ROCKS OFF" on 'em ? these pics would be great to use for CD/DVD-artwork but it's half the fun if one has to cut away the legs because of the RO-sign.

silkcut

Yes it's necessary.

People love to STEAL the pics and not give proper credit where credit is DUE!!!!

LJ.
February 8th, 2006 11:25 AM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

I was surprised -- I didn't think they were bad at all.

They sounded great !!!! .. Tell your friend to Frig Off !!!!

Joe Sea
February 8th, 2006 12:13 PM
Moonisup this show cleary pointed out that the stones still have enough energy and don't need stage props and a 4 man horn section on almost every song
February 8th, 2006 01:57 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Thanks so much for all the kind words...and for starting a "Thank You" thread. I really appreciate it! So, here are a few more, courtesy of ABC Media:

Wow, thanks again, Gypsy! I've actually got a cramp in my finger from all the right-clicking! And I love the "Keith = Riff Master" sign.
February 8th, 2006 02:16 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gypsy wrote:
A few more from Getty:

Mercy. That's a beauty.
February 8th, 2006 02:28 PM
tumbling dice Great performance! the audience were very on.Mick was amazing singing high notes.
February 8th, 2006 06:52 PM
silkcut1978
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Yes it's necessary.

People love to STEAL the pics and not give proper credit where credit is DUE!!!!

LJ.

see your point, good idea - thanks ! now I'm thinking about some "watermarks" on my recordings - I could scream "recorded by silkcut" into the microphone every 5 minutes ;-)

silk
February 8th, 2006 08:43 PM
Martha
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:

How great is that?

Indded. I am melting.

:-)

February 8th, 2006 11:04 PM
gypsy
quote:
silkcut1978 wrote:

see your point, good idea - thanks ! now I'm thinking about some "watermarks" on my recordings - I could scream "recorded by silkcut" into the microphone every 5 minutes ;-)

silk

Do not get snippy with LJ. I'm not here to provide you with free artwork from my agencies, which would be you stealing from me - and I don't play that. I also don't like it when someone like you complains about photos, which I have spent a lot of money, time, and effort on, just because you want some freebies. Tough luck.
February 9th, 2006 02:45 AM
silkcut1978
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Do not get snippy with LJ. I'm not here to provide you with free artwork from my agencies, which would be you stealing from me - and I don't play that. I also don't like it when someone like you complains about photos, which I have spent a lot of money, time, and effort on, just because you want some freebies. Tough luck.

sorry gypsy - I forgot to write "please don't take me too seriously" - I thought a ;-) is enough. bad luck.

apart from this you may like or dislike my "complaints" but you wrote "do not get snippy" - honey, never tell me what to do, thanks!

silk
[Edited by silkcut1978]
February 9th, 2006 06:01 AM
corgi37 Ok, this might be the last word on this, but i gotta comment. Daethgod will probably know what i am talking about.

Every Thursday in one of our daily papers, the have a lift out. One of the features is the "Whats hot - whats not" column. WEll, fucking predictable, under the "Whats not" section is "Stone at the Super bowl - Retire already!"

The dudes name is Cameron Adams. He's one of those "Rap is cool? I love rap" "What you say? Dance is in? I love dance?" "Tell me, eating children is hip? I eat children" - kinda guys. Hey folks, the MOFO is like 3 years younger than me! DAETH - if i am wrong - dont fuck my line of thought! ahahaha

Anyway, this is the same cunt who (no doubt) will be front row centre when (if) they tour, shouting loudly and flashing his press kit approved blinking badge and Stones laminated press kit tongue.

Again, i speak to Daeth, but ya'lll can dig where i am coming from.

In 95, the "GHOST", who programmed 3RRR, bagged VL so much, said they were so old and stupid and why dont they just die and let some indy band take over, that he left the show.

Well, 2 points.
1. The cunt got free tickets.
2. The cunt was in front of me, and waving and squealing like a bitch who's hymen was taken by Muslim extremists. Fair dinkum, during STM, he was reacting more dumber than i was! Then the cunt had the temerity to say " I walked out less than 1/2 way through, went to the "Corner" and saw some REAL rock and roll".

Yeah mate.

And, yeah "Retire already". Yep, middle aged white guys pretending to be hip and representative of "yoof culture" should indeed retire.

No talent, wish i was them, i cant do nuffink, i am jealous but i went to creative writing class, middle class, Daddy pays my bills assholes go first!
February 9th, 2006 06:12 AM
Daethgod yer i saw that in the paper today
farken tool

insipid journalism at its best, CA thinks its 'cool' to do the 'age' gags.
Surprised he didnt do the 'lets add up all their ages and print that they have a combined age of 400' line.

i saw it, you saw it, we all saw it, the band freaking rocked.

even my Mum, who is 60, rang me and said , 'that Mick Jagger sure looks good'

Corgi, if we see that stiff at the 'alleged' Aussie shows lets go him. You hold him and I'll nipple cripple the little shit.
If their is a date conflict, Im sure CA will ditch Kanye West and be spotted squealing like a banshee at the Stones gig, no doubt with his free ticket.

: P

February 9th, 2006 10:21 PM
gypsy
quote:
silkcut1978 wrote:

sorry gypsy - I forgot to write "please don't take me too seriously" - I thought a ;-) is enough. bad luck.

apart from this you may like or dislike my "complaints" but you wrote "do not get snippy" - honey, never tell me what to do, thanks!

silk
[Edited by silkcut1978]

bitter
February 9th, 2006 10:28 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
how long did it take to set that stage up? ten minutes?

I suppose when you allow it to be a rush job like that, some things are going to get compromised - which is a shame

I think they had 7 minutes all told to set it up.
February 9th, 2006 10:32 PM
Martha My computer is going to blow-up the photos are incredible!!!!!

Gypsy you've outdone yourself!

Kudos!

xxoo,
Martha

February 9th, 2006 11:04 PM
sammy davis jr. Awesome photo's Gypsy- thanks so much!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)