ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Tony Gale with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in 2007!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
8th January 2007 11:10 AM
Poison Dart So far this is what we know (or think we know) of what The Stones will be doing in 2007.

1/ The Martin Scorsese/Stones as of yet untitled film.
2/ Most likely a live album from the Scorsese project.
3/ European summer tour dates (strong rumors)
4/ Keith in the Pirates of the Caribbean sequel (this is sure to bring a ton of press to Keith and the Stones.

Any chance of new material?
8th January 2007 11:11 AM
Gazza No

Christ - you had my hopes up with that thread title.....

as for your points

1) "Shine a Light" is the projected title
2) Pretty much a definite. probably out before the summer to coincide with 3).
3) Definite. Not a rumour. It'll happen. Most projected venues are at the 'bidding' stage by now.
4) May 2007 (POTC #2 incidentally was the biggest grossing film in the UK in 2006..even though it only came out in September. I'm sure it was something similar in other markets. Gives some idea of what a big deal this thing is)

[Edited by Gazza]
8th January 2007 11:23 AM
MICK_JAGGER yup, POTC2: Dead Mans Chest recieved approx. 1 billion worldwide, tying it up there with the other biggest movies of all time, Titanic, and Lord of the Rings:Return of the King.

EVERYONE will see keith, but judging from the picture of him with depp he has a LOT of makeup on, wig and everything, not really recognizable to the untrained eye, but if people hear about him doing it, or if the curious youngins dare to ask or google him itll open a whole new generation to the stones
8th January 2007 11:30 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
No

Christ - you had my hopes up with that thread title.....

as for your points

1) "Shine a Light" is the projected title
2) Pretty much a definite. probably out before the summer to coincide with 3).
3) Definite. Not a rumour. It'll happen. Most projected venues are at the 'bidding' stage by now.
4) May 2007 (POTC #2 incidentally was the biggest grossing film in the UK in 2006..even though it only came out in September. I'm sure it was something similar in other markets. Gives some idea of what a big deal this thing is)

[Edited by Gazza]

Gazza ..............................

You make Joey giddy . In fact , I am now so excited that I am typing this with me nipples .

By the way , we missed you at The Brazen Head Friday Night . " Acoustic Groove " rocked the place hard ( .. as usual ) and the crowd was extremely fired up for a cold winter's night in early January just after the Holidays .

Bad News though ..... Shannon's last day was December 31st as she finished her Masters Degree in Pharmacy and Megan's last day was December 29th as she too landed a new job in her field of study .

W- What ?! Why yes , Kristen is still there behind the bar and they hired this hot new bartnder named Samantha . She is looking forward to meeting you ....

Developing ..................

Jose and the Pussycats !
8th January 2007 11:36 AM
Gazza I was in the 'back' bar on Friday, Joey.
I also went home with Samantha.

'All fours', son.....
[Edited by Gazza]
8th January 2007 11:39 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I was in the 'back' bar on Friday, Joey.
I also went home with Samantha.

'All fours', son.....
[Edited by Gazza]

All Fours ?!?!

ALL FOURS ?! .... Really ?!?!

YES !!!! -- Friggin Cool ! ... Wait until Keith finds out

8th January 2007 01:08 PM
Poison Dart Sorry Gazza.

That was a shitty title.

I thought their record deal was up. Who would be putting this cd (Shie a light)out?
[Edited by Poison Dart]
8th January 2007 01:14 PM
gimmekeef You forgot the impending cancellation of Mick's sitcom...
8th January 2007 01:17 PM
Poison Dart It would be cool if they could do a song for the POTC film.
8th January 2007 01:42 PM
Saint Sway 2007 will be another great addition to the Stones legacy!!

I am eagerly looking forward to:

• Having to renew another $100 for "Legacy" Fan Club membership

• $750 Platinum Seating

• Exclusive Amex Gold Card pre-sale only specials for $450 seats in 100/200 and 300 sections

• The 2-shows-a-week, 8-city European "Tour"

• "health" cancellations

• the $45 Exclusive Limited Edition Football-Tongue t-shirt from _______ city.

• Hot-Seat Packaging w/laminate and bus fare.

• Seeing The 2007 Bigger Bang stadium tarp design proudly displayed across the 300 & 400 sections

• reading about Ron Wood going into rehab 4 weeks before the start of the tour

• having Keith play the entire 2nd half of the show without a guitar

• 5% student discounts

• the 2007 European Tour program

• the "Uptown Edition" 2007 European Tour program (with 6 new photos!!!)

• playing Boston for the 19th time this tour

• Hearing that the list of opening acts include: Fergie, Panic At The Disco, Gwen Stefani, My Chemical Romance, Avril Lavigne, Snow Patrol, Nelly Furtado...
8th January 2007 01:49 PM
speedfreakjive Lets hope they play a few theatre's and arena's in europe
8th January 2007 02:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Sorry Gazza.

That was a shitty title.

I thought their record deal was up. Who would be putting this cd (Shie a light)out?
[Edited by Poison Dart]

The record deal IS up. However, it was for 3 studio albums. I'm not sure, but maybe live releases are "optional" additions.
8th January 2007 02:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

The original Boston is of course a small town in England. I expect Cohl to book a show there by mistake sometime this summer out of habit...
8th January 2007 02:10 PM
Saint Sway does Voodoo have any "Tent" press conferences scheduled in '07

I'd love to attend!!!!!

provided it doesnt fall on a date where I have something more pressing or interesting scheduled

like drying socks
8th January 2007 02:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Lets hope they play a few theatre's and arena's in europe

Unfortunately, there's about a snowball's chance in hell of that happening,I would think.
[Edited by Gazza]
8th January 2007 02:15 PM
Jumping Jack Saint Sway, that's some funny postin', even in Omaha!
8th January 2007 02:21 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Saint Sway, that's some funny postin', even in Omaha!

thanks JJ!

but I just wish that more than a 1/4 of them were actual jokes
8th January 2007 02:32 PM
Some Guy Stones in 2007!!!

You'll get nothin and like it.
8th January 2007 02:34 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The original Boston is of course a small town in England. I expect Cohl to book a show there by mistake sometime this summer out of habit...

LMAO!!!!!!
8th January 2007 03:14 PM
Joey
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Lets hope they play a few theatre's and arena's in europe

This summer's tour should start in Spain .

Those poor citizens have had to suffer through numerous Stones' Cancellations and that in itself is a very painful event in one's life . Mick's voice is always solid but you know damn well he ain't gonna have ' bronchitis ' or any sort of ' vocal problems ' for the opening gigs.

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !
8th January 2007 03:16 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
2007 will be another great addition to the Stones legacy!!

I am eagerly looking forward to:

• Having to renew another $100 for "Legacy" Fan Club membership

• $750 Platinum Seating

• Exclusive Amex Gold Card pre-sale only specials for $450 seats in 100/200 and 300 sections

• The 2-shows-a-week, 8-city European "Tour"

• "health" cancellations

• the $45 Exclusive Limited Edition Football-Tongue t-shirt from _______ city.

• Hot-Seat Packaging w/laminate and bus fare.

• Seeing The 2007 Bigger Bang stadium tarp design proudly displayed across the 300 & 400 sections

• reading about Ron Wood going into rehab 4 weeks before the start of the tour

• having Keith play the entire 2nd half of the show without a guitar

• 5% student discounts

• the 2007 European Tour program

• the "Uptown Edition" 2007 European Tour program (with 6 new photos!!!)

• Hearing that the list of opening acts include: Fergie, Panic At The Disco, Gwen Stefani, My Chemical Romance, Avril Lavigne, Snow Patrol, Nelly Furtado...

Ladies and Gentlemen .....................

Did you all read what Saint Sway wrote above ?!

DID YOU READ IT ?!?!

Now THAT , my fellow Stones' Brothers and Sisters , is THE definition of Postin' .

P.O.S.T.I.N. !
8th January 2007 04:00 PM
Trey Krimsin My prediction for 2007:

NO box set with completed unreleased songs and other rarities will be released by the Rolling Stones.

I reiterate: There will be NO box set.
8th January 2007 04:47 PM
gimmekeef I'm waitin for the Paris Hilton box set....widely available I'm sure
8th January 2007 04:58 PM
Joey " I'm waitin for the Paris Hilton box set....widely available I'm sure "

8th January 2007 06:11 PM
Soldatti A 10 track outtakes collection with VL, B2B, 40 Licks and ABB leftovers is more decent than another pointless live album.
8th January 2007 06:16 PM
Gazza I'd personally draw the line at '40 Licks' leftovers, if the four released songs are anything to go by.

They supposedly recorded about 28 'songs' in two weeks. Going by the time they normally take, I'd seriously doubt too many were anywhere near finished.

If theyre going to do an outtakes collection, then do it right and make it a full career retrospective. A selection of left overs from 1993 onwards and then a proper boxed set of 60's - 80's stuff later on would be a stupid way of doing it.

[Edited by Gazza]
8th January 2007 06:36 PM
gimmekeef Everything they do the last few years seems "stupid"...yet somehow we fork out $450 million to let em do it....
8th January 2007 09:42 PM
killerbitch I wanna see Keith play the second half of the show without a guitar!!
8th January 2007 09:47 PM
Taptrick
They should work a bit of "You Got The Silver" into the Pirates movie during Keith's part.

8th January 2007 10:22 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

They should work a bit of "You Got The Silver" into the Pirates movie during Keith's part.

bravo!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)