ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Tony Gale with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in 2007!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
27th January 2007 07:58 AM
Bitch Lets hope for an announcement soon! Will the RS wait till the last minute to announce the new dates, to be careful not to disappoint the fans with date changes or venue changes? They got so many complaints last time aroud maybe this time the RS are being more considerate to the fan base.
27th January 2007 09:49 AM
Gazza waiting until the last minute is being anything but considerate as people have flights and hotels to book

Its also pretty suicidal as it gives them no time to sell tickets
27th January 2007 02:31 PM
Gazza Central/South Eastern Europe leg seems to be shaping up per rumours

July 9 - Zagreb, Croatia
July 11 - Belgrade, Serbia
July 14 - Bucharest, Romania
27th January 2007 02:38 PM
pdog USA arena tour for the fall, to milk the last drops of cash out of the market?
27th January 2007 02:41 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
pdog wrote:
USA arena tour for the fall, to milk the last drops of cash out of the market?

They better visit Florida this time around!
I still got some money for 'em.
27th January 2007 03:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
USA arena tour for the fall, to milk the last drops of cash out of the market?

Not that I can see. From what I've heard of late, even Europe was up in the air for a while. If fall '06 was the "Doing It For The Kids" tour, then Europe appears to be the "Guilt Trip" tour.

Anyway, hopefully this coming week we'll hear what's happening in summer '07.
27th January 2007 03:16 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Not that I can see. From what I've heard of late, even Europe was up in the air for a while. If fall '06 was the "Doing It For The Kids" tour, then Europe appears to be the "Guilt Trip" tour.

Anyway, hopefully this coming week we'll hear what's happening in summer '07.

Part of me wants them to come back, and part of me doesn't.... It's an odd feeling...
27th January 2007 03:39 PM
Gazza I know the feeling. The part of me thats on bended knee praying they wont tour this year is my wallet.

No doubt it'll be over ruled by the rest of me
[Edited by Gazza]
28th January 2007 12:30 AM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I know the feeling. The part of me thats on bended knee praying they wont tour this year is my wallet.

No doubt it'll be over ruled by the rest of me
[Edited by Gazza]

Well then that should be the best part Gazza. The part of you that say's yeah the stones are back on tour is always the best part.
28th January 2007 05:44 AM
GotToRollMe Fuck it. If they're playing, I'll be there.
28th January 2007 06:11 AM
Jumping Jack Stones in Europe
Zep in the States

Too many choices the summer.
28th January 2007 08:26 AM
gotdablouse "Guilt Trip" ? It doesn't have to be if they put out a new album !
28th January 2007 10:25 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Stones in Europe
Zep in the States

Too many choices the summer.

WHA WHA WHAT!?!? Zep are reuniting? Where did you hear that? Who's on drums? Jason Bonham? Man, that'd be so sweet.
28th January 2007 02:19 PM
Gazza For Fotini

http://iorr.org/tour05/tour07.htm

Athens, July 6th, baby!
28th January 2007 02:25 PM
glencar Sadly, I shant make it. I'm actually sad yet relieved. I've seen them so often that I can't upend my summer vacation plans at this point especially considering last minute cancellations...
29th January 2007 05:07 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
For Fotini

http://iorr.org/tour05/tour07.htm

Athens, July 6th, baby!

Oh Gazza, thanks a lot!!!
That's the best news I've heard in a while!

Plan the next summit for Athens babies, it's got to happen!
29th January 2007 07:19 AM
corgi37 I think they should do a Oz arena tour to make up for the 2 only shows they did here. Though unless there is new material, it could be a shambles.

And, they simply cannot afford to go anywhere near New Zealand again. It's too close to Fiji.

Where, i might add, Shane Warne is right now with his newly divorced wife. The stupid (but oddly hot MILF) looks like taking him back. Dumb bitch. And fuck me, Warney is sooooo fat!
29th January 2007 07:45 AM
Bitch I'm with GotToRollMe. If the Stones play, I'm going even if it costs a small fortune! What is the point of money if you dont use it to enjoy the things you work for? Oh I know, eat and pay bills, lol. There will always be bills but there will not always be the Rolling Stones.

Let the Gulit Trip tour be announced! Gazza you're right as usual, it is more considerate to the fans for advance notice to make travel plans, etc. so I hope they make it official soon.
30th January 2007 01:17 PM
Honky Tonk Man According to the IORR site, the Stones could be playing the O2 Arena on Sat June 30th. Whilist I would love to see them in an arena again, I was hoping to see them at the newly opend Wembley Stadium. What does everyone else think?
30th January 2007 01:44 PM
Gazza I think Bjornulf is simply relying on the same source as everyone else - namely the ad. by overland touring (the same company, incidentally, who advertised for places for U2 shows this summer - which arent happening) who are touting for business. I notice now that theyve added that the dates and venues are "subject to change" on their website. Ho hum.

I'd like to believe theyd play both venues if anything but I cant see it. And you know as well as I do that if the only Stones UK show this summer is going to be an indoor one opening a new 20,000 seater arena, then a) the amount of tickets reserved for non-corporate fans will be minimal and that b) while they may advertise prica ranges as, say £40 - £150, a very high percentage of those tickets are going to be in that top range, as is the case when they play high demand cities with a high proprtion of very wealthy business and media people such as New York and LA.
30th January 2007 02:40 PM
fna69 any chance on getting anything new song wise this year?
30th January 2007 02:41 PM
polytoxic
quote:
pdog wrote:
Part of me wants them to come back, and part of me doesn't.... It's an odd feeling...

I know exactly how you feel. Because if they don't come back this fall, that's probably it. At the same time, they could be grinding themselves into the ground, and I don't want to see that. Last fall was a harsh wake-up call. But I just can't see it. I'm amazed they've stayed on this far with the Bang tour. That said, I'm ever optimistic they'll come up big performance-wise in Europe this summer.
30th January 2007 02:44 PM
polytoxic
quote:
fna69 wrote:
any chance on getting anything new song wise this year?

I'm no expert but if you're talking about an album, I'd put more money on a Zep reunion. Set-wise, I'm sure they'll switch up one or two.
[Edited by polytoxic]
30th January 2007 02:46 PM
fna69 Nah no album. Bin Ladin will turn into a bishop before that happens. I'm thinking mayby a new tune to promote the Shine A Light doc or mayby to throw on the live album, ala flashpoint.
3rd February 2007 02:11 PM
Gazza Rolling Stones Planning New Tour For 2007?

Published: 2/2/07 at 6:07 PM ET
Written By: andPOP Staff

andPOP) - Rock legends The Rolling Stones are planning a new tour for 2007, according to reports.

The band only recently completed their smash hit A Bigger Bang trek – but sources claim they are hooked on hitting the road and are planning to make the next road trip more spectacular than ever.

A source tells British newspaper the Daily Star, "The Stones are well aware of their reputation as being innovators in the live sector and don't want to do anything by half measures. The tour went so well last year they decided there was not point in taking a lengthy break.

"They're all up for doing any project they can and playing live is one of their favourite ways to spend their time.

"Going on the road this summer is part of their schedule and promises to be just as exciting as last time."

http://www.andpop.com/article/8284
[Edited by Gazza]
3rd February 2007 02:13 PM
Gazza Bjornulf on IORR states that Dusseldorf and Gothenburg are pretty much definite for this summer

Local press reports suggest the Gothenburg show will probably be around Midsummer weekend (ie..June 23-24)
3rd February 2007 02:19 PM
fireontheplatter rocking good news. i hope they come to the usa again.
[Edited by fireontheplatter]
7th February 2007 07:28 PM
Gazza Latest gossip today over here is for an Irish show in July. Either at Phoenix Park in Dublin (the venue for last year's show that was cancelled before it went on sale due to a legal dispute between rival promoters) or (more likely) a return after 25 years to Slane Castle
7th February 2007 08:47 PM
GotToRollMe *sigh*
8th February 2007 05:40 AM
RSRTG If they play Wembley I have the money and I will be booking the flight......waiting in anticipation.....i hope they dont leave it until the last minute.....being from oz, i need to make plans.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)