ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Tony Gale with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in 2007!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
11th January 2007 05:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
F505 wrote:

Don't hope for you the Romanian mafia will read this.

Fuck 'em. I've dealt with worse. You try spending 5 days in an apartment with Jaxx and Voodoo.

Bring them on.
11th January 2007 05:07 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Fuck 'em. I've dealt with worse. You try spending 5 days in an apartment with Jaxx and Voodoo.

say no more

we've all seen the underwear pics

11th January 2007 05:43 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

Joey Carson
11th January 2007 06:22 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Bring them on.

You tell 'em, Gazz, you've been scared by experts!

11th January 2007 06:25 PM
Saint Sway the "tent" photos provided shock-n-awe
12th January 2007 05:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

say no more

we've all seen the underwear pics

yeah. And that was just Voodoo's
14th January 2007 04:41 PM
Gazza From the "pinch of salt" department:

A UK ticket broker is now advertising for reservations for tickets for a Rolling Stones show at the newly renamed and reopened 02 Arena (formerly the Millennium Dome) in London on Saturday 30th June, with broker prices ranging from £150 to £599. Date and venue listed as "subject to change", which from past experience watching these sites basically means they dont know where and when the show will be but theyre just listing a date and venue in order to attract business.

Seems a bit of a strange venue choice, though. However, if they WERE to play there at that time, they'll be the first act to do so (Justin Timberlake is at present scheduled to be the opening act on July 4, 2007). The venue is a covered indoor arena seating 23,000 in the round (making it the biggest in Europe) and 20,000 for regular concerts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Dome

Find it a bit hard to believe to be honest, for several reasons. The tour is mooted to be exclusively a stadium tour and one where money seems to be the prime concern as to whether they'll do it or not, and it seems odd they'd shoot for an indoor show in London and pass up the prestige of playing Wembley Stadium - a venue which despite its size (approx 75,000 capacity for a seated concert) they could probably fill, especially as 17,000 of the tickets would already be accounted for by members who have, as part of their high priced membership fee, automatically qualified for tickets for every event at the new stadium for the next ten years.

A further issue is the projected date. with Rod Stewart playing Twickenham the same day and the Princess Diana Memorial concert taking place at Wembley Stadium on July 1st and tickets already on sale for both events, it seems strange they'd have a show in London on the same weekend.
[Edited by Gazza]
14th January 2007 04:48 PM
erikjjf That same broker site is selling tickets to a U2 concert at Stade de France on June 15th, while other sites are selling tickets to the Stones at Stade de France on June 16th. They are also selling tickets to The Police at Wembley Stadium on July 21st, while the entire Police reunion tour has yet to be officially announced.
[Edited by erikjjf]
14th January 2007 05:57 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
That same broker site is selling tickets to a U2 concert at Stade de France on June 15th, while other sites are selling tickets to the Stones at Stade de France on June 16th. They are also selling tickets to The Police at Wembley Stadium on July 21st, while the entire Police reunion tour has yet to be officially announced.
[Edited by erikjjf]

the police are getting back for a concert???? wow, that is so awesome.

everybody say ow
14th January 2007 07:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

the police are getting back for a concert???? wow, that is so awesome.

No..a tour. They'll be playing the US too.
15th January 2007 10:03 PM
Bitch
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The Police, thats exciting news! Once again GAZZA is a wealth of information! Breaking the news before the official announcement. ROCKS OFF!
22nd January 2007 07:01 AM
Gazza
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
That same broker site is selling tickets to a U2 concert at Stade de France on June 15th, while other sites are selling tickets to the Stones at Stade de France on June 16th. They are also selling tickets to The Police at Wembley Stadium on July 21st, while the entire Police reunion tour has yet to be officially announced.

U2 WON'T be touring this summer. So, that broker cant really be relied upon.

meanwhile, more encouraging developments for European shows as it seems a show at Rome's Olympic Stadium is in the works for the first half of June

Link here (text in Italian) :
http://www.rockol.it/news.php?idnews=84433

(thanks to 'only stones' on IORR for the link)
[Edited by Gazza]
22nd January 2007 11:39 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Damn Straight My WebMaster !

|
|
|
V

www.QWESTCENTER.com

22nd January 2007 11:47 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

even cooler...i saw these guys twice back in the day..once in toronto and once at a small college basketball arena. sting was awesome up there playing "walking on the moon" with that stand up bass.

everybody say ow
22nd January 2007 04:22 PM
egon can you smell it....?

rarities 2!

hmmmmmmmm.
24th January 2007 05:17 PM
Gazza Hers's hoping THIS wont be the Stones token UK show this summer. The 3rd and 4th paragraph are intriguing to say the least...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6296489.stm

If it is, you wont get a sniff of tickets, as the tickets for Glastonbury go on sale before the bill is announced and they get snapped up immediately.

24th January 2007 05:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
If it is, you wont get a sniff of tickets, as the tickets for Glastonbury go on sale before the bill is announced and they get snapped up immediately.

quote:
JB wrote:
Wide open...........neither show sold out and thousands of seats avaialble both night....we were humiliated by Europe and should never go back....

24th January 2007 05:19 PM
pdog Do you think it's The Stones?
24th January 2007 05:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
Do you think it's The Stones?

quote:
JB wrote:
To me, if you don't hear either GS or MR, and preferably both, it is not a complete Stones show. Regardless how well Young Jake ppapers the venue. GS, albeit not the fire and brimstone as played by a astonishing MT in Philly Spoecial, still embodies everything this band is all abour...same for Rambler. Still...we will acrifice both in order to win Gross.

24th January 2007 06:06 PM
Saint Sway just one mo before I go....

quote:
Gazza wrote:
Hers's hoping THIS wont be the Stones token UK show this summer.

quote:
JB wrote:
hOWE CAN THEY JUSTIFY ANOTHER SHOW WITH THE THOUSANDS OF EMPTIES!!! WHAT A GUARANTEE cOHL MUST HAVE GOT!!!!!!!!

24th January 2007 07:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
Do you think it's The Stones?

well..historically they dont do those type of events, but its not going to be U2, so that basically leaves only the Stones.

Someone on IORR suggested Radiohead as a possible - who may have a new album out around then - but whilst theyre huge here, to call them the biggest band in the world would be a serious bit of overhyping.

It'd be terrible if that was their only (and possibly last) UK show as most fans of the band wont see it, even though its a massive event. Conceivably they could do both this one and their own major outdoor show as it would be two very different audiences
24th January 2007 07:33 PM
pdog It would suck to get tickets now, and then have it be Coldplay!
24th January 2007 07:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
It would suck to get tickets now, and then have it be Coldplay!

It would suck to have it be Coldplay regardless of when the tickets were sold!
25th January 2007 04:57 PM
Gazza From stonesdoug, it seems that the proposed Far East leg is off as has been feared for a while. From what I've been told, there were too many contractual problems involved

European Tour to start in early June.

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=14529.topic

Hopefully the lack of Asian shows means we'll get more than what was rumoured.

Read elsewhere that we might hear official news next week, but I havent any official info to back that up.

25th January 2007 05:02 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
From stonesdoug, it seems that the proposed Far East leg is off as has been feared for a while. From what I've been told, there were too many contractual problems involved

European Tour to start in early June.

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=14529.topic

Hopefully the lack of Asian shows means we'll get more than what was rumoured.

Read elsewhere that we might hear official news next week, but I havent any official info to back that up.

the macihne will roll into North America in the fall. if they do europe in the summer, one must assume, but then again.... Dudes are old!
25th January 2007 05:52 PM
Soldatti I'm with pdog, a short US tour in the fall is very likely, they could be touring with a movie by first time!
25th January 2007 06:09 PM
glencar They ain't never never coming back-ack-ack...
25th January 2007 06:43 PM
Flairville Best news of the year! Everyone get saving!!
25th January 2007 06:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
They ain't never never coming back-ack-ack...

Nice imitation...

I'll name that tune in one...

"No Use In Crying"
25th January 2007 07:11 PM
glencar See, now that's an "overlooked" song! Very nice!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)