ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Tony Gale with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in 2007!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
9th January 2007 12:54 AM
glencar Madrid is worth a Stones concert...
9th January 2007 06:02 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Madrid is worth a Stones concert...

I would like to nuzzle you .
10th January 2007 05:03 AM
corgi37 The director of the upcoming Pirates movie would not confirm or deny that Keith plays a guitar.

So, methinks the 1st viewing of Keith will be a close up of his skull ring, then pulls back showing him playing a raggedy old acoustic.

Probably croaking some sea shanty.
10th January 2007 10:42 AM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Funny !!!!!!!

Outstanding postin'

...you are on fire these days .
10th January 2007 11:04 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
The director of the upcoming Pirates movie would not confirm or deny that Keith plays a guitar.

neither will any members of the Stones road crew
10th January 2007 11:19 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
The director of the upcoming Pirates movie would not confirm or deny that Keith plays a guitar.

So, methinks the 1st viewing of Keith will be a close up of his skull ring, then pulls back showing him playing a raggedy old acoustic.

What do ya do with a drunken sailor,
Earl-aye in the morning?

Put him in a long boat till he's sober,
Earl-aye in the morning.

Keep him there and make 'im bale 'er,
Earl-aye in the morning.

Shave his belly with a rusty razor,
Earl-aye in the morning.

Put him in bed with the captain's daughter,
Earl-aye in the morning.

Way-hay, up she rises,
Way-hay, up she rises,
Way-hay, up she rises,
Earl-aye in the morning.

Earl-aye in the morning?

10th January 2007 01:32 PM
Jacques Hi
Rumoured today a free concert in Romania summer 07. Seen i two newspapers, here is one in english from 9 o clock :

"“Rolling Stones” show in Romania in 2007
published in issue 3846 page 12 at 2007-01-10
BUCHAREST – One of the major music events expected to take place in Romania this year is the performance by world famous “Rolling Stones.” Although the record company has not yet confirmed the band’s tour dates, sources say this spring Mick Jagger’s Romanian fans will see him live on one of Bucharest’s stadiums. Apparently access to the show will be free, just like the performance in February 2006 on the Copacabana beach in Rio de Janeiro, where approx. two million fans were present.

“Rolling Stones” has often been credited as the best rock & roll band in history. The band has a record for the most successful two tours in history. Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronny Wood’s performance is a show that everybody is looking forward to.
by Nine oCloc"
11th January 2007 05:00 AM
corgi37 Wonder if it will a stadium where they executed anti-communists?
11th January 2007 06:16 AM
Gazza If its a free concert, it would probably be in a park or something as a stadium wouldnt be big enough. There's only one stadium in Romania that holds more than about 33,000 and thats this one, which holds 60,000 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadionul_Lia_Manoliu

Odd choice for a free show, as I've never heard of them having any fanbase there. Guess it'll tie in with a TV broadcast to make it worth their while.

I might be wrong, but I think Michael Jackson performed an outdoor show in Bucharest a few years ago. Cant think of any other major western act who's gone there.
11th January 2007 07:27 AM
Jumacfly A Barbarians come back would be great in 2007!

Anyway, I agree with Sway, I smell a shitty year with a few stadium warhorses shows in Europe, a new irrevelant and poor live record and may be a lazy single, may be...

oh, and Rarities 2 of course,anyone wants to bet with me???
11th January 2007 07:31 AM
Gazza as they used songs from the 3.5 million selling 'Stripped' on 'Rarities' and Mick introduced 'Sway' on the recent tour as an 'obscurity', I fully expect 'Rarities Vol. 2' to include songs from those 'lost gems' Sticky Fingers, Some Girls and Tattoo You.

With a special bonus edition released just in time for the tour which includes 'Satisfaction' as well..
[Edited by Gazza]
11th January 2007 07:36 AM
Honky Tonk Man When does everyone expect the tour to be announced? Other major acts announced their 07' shows in Nov/Dec last year. Whilst it’s obviously evident that shows will be taking place, I wish they'd bloody hurry up and announce it! I've just ordered a new credit card especially to book my Wembley show(s).
11th January 2007 08:06 AM
Gazza I'm surprised it hasnt been announced by now. Traditionally, late November/early December is the norm.

However, it appears in the last month that things are falling into place with the Paris date being (unofficially) confirmed, Barcelona's Montjuic (Olympic) Stadium being booked and now talk of this free show in Bucharest. From what I understand, they're taking bids for shows at the minute , so I would like to think something should be announced soon - surely before the end of this month?
11th January 2007 08:13 AM
glencar Gazza, do you have any firm dates lined up? I'm thinking of going over there but I must plan ahead. Paris at teh end of April?
11th January 2007 08:47 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
Paris at the end of April?

Come to Barcelona instead!
better sound and crowd, plus a free room for ya in my house!
11th January 2007 08:50 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gazza, do you have any firm dates lined up? I'm thinking of going over there but I must plan ahead. Paris at teh end of April?

Glencar, see this link

http://www.iorr.org/tour05/tour07.htm

11th January 2007 09:07 AM
glencar Thanks HTW! Unfortunately, those 2 dates listed don't work for me.
11th January 2007 09:19 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
glencar wrote:
Thanks HTW! Unfortunately, those 2 dates listed don't work for me.

HTW?? How dare you! LOL

All we can do is sit tight and wait. Wembley will be the show of the tour I think, so that'll be the one to look out for. It is suprising that we haven't heard anything yet. With a money obsessed bansd like the Stones, you'd think they'd want to get tickets on sale as early as possible in order to fill the place up!
11th January 2007 11:31 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Paris at teh ( incredible sic ) end of April?

Paris when it sizzles ?!

Puffin Joe
11th January 2007 11:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gazza, do you have any firm dates lined up? I'm thinking of going over there but I must plan ahead. Paris at teh end of April?

Forget about playing outdoors in Europe that early. The football stadiums generally arent available until mid May at the earliest - June in some cases. THe tour will possibly start late May. I would imagine it will be all stadiums.

Paris seems a cert for June 16th. That is the only date that seems close to definite as yet. I dont expect the tour to last much beyond the end of June/mid July to be honest.

If theyre playing Wembley, it would be on a weekend. They wont be able to play there until June and the only weekends theyd be able to play there that month are June 2-3, 9-10 23-24 or 30-July 1. The stadium is in use for football on the last two weekends in May, on June 16-17 for the Muse concerts and the Stones appear to be in Paris the following weekend.

They will not be playing Wembley on the weekend of June 30-July 1st because the Princess Diana memorial show is there on July 1st. Rod Stewart is playing Twickenham the day before so that weekend is basically out as far as London goes.

I've been under the impression for some time it would be only be about 15-20 shows but if they're thinking of playing somewhere in the arsehole of nowhere like Bucharest then anything is possible.
[Edited by Gazza]
11th January 2007 12:01 PM
F505
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I've been under the impression for some time it would be only be about 15-20 shows but if they're thinking of playing somewhere in the arsehole of nowhere like Bucharest then anything is possible.

Don't hope for you the Romanian mafia will read this.
11th January 2007 12:17 PM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:

Don't hope for you the Romanian mafia will read this.

You are on fire .
11th January 2007 12:42 PM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:

You are on fire .

Not at all. I am drinking my Guinness.
11th January 2007 12:43 PM
glencar Romania has a Mafia????
11th January 2007 12:45 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Joey wrote:

You are on fire .

I Can Feel The Fire

Lyrics & Music Ron Wood

I can feel the fya
I can feel the fya - oh yeah
I can feel the fya - burnin´
I can feel the fya - burnin´

I can see you by my side
Picture you here by my side

I can feel the fya - buzzin´
I can feel the fya - ragin´up inside
I can feel the fya - burnin´ oh yeah
I can feel the fya - burnin´, burnin´

I can hear you calling me
Prettiest girl that I've ever seen

I can see you in the alley
(whatcha doin´ down there baby)
I can feel you in the alley
(got ya uppa my mind)
I think I can hear you in the alley

I can see you by my side
Gimmie a chance to slip inside
I can feel the fya...
11th January 2007 12:56 PM
F505
quote:
glencar wrote:
Romania has a Mafia????

Spain busts Romanian mafia ring, 297 arrested
ADVERTISEMENT

MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish police have arrested a mafia ring of nearly 300 Romanians in one of their biggest operations against foreign criminals.
The network was organised by one leader, known as Iorgu I or Talanu, with several lieutenants, and operated in eight of Spain's 17 regions, the Interior Ministry said on Friday.

"The crimes for which these mafia groups are accused include violent robbery, forgery and fraudulent use of credit cards, drug trafficking, falsifying documents, illegal possession of weapons, prostitution and offences against worker rights," Interior Minister Jose Antonio Alonso told a news conference.

Spanish police arrested 283 people and Romanian authorities detained another 14.

11th January 2007 01:01 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
F505 wrote:
Spanish police arrested 283 people and Romanian authorities detained another 14.

will they be able to get out in time to catch the Stones show?

they're needed to help win gross?

[Edited by Saint Sway]
11th January 2007 01:02 PM
glencar When I was in Rome, a couple of short scruffy types tried to pick my pockets on the Roman subway. They were fairly obvious about it & I shooed them away & warned other people I was with about what they were up to. I assumed they were Gypsy but maybe they were part of that Mafia?
11th January 2007 02:28 PM
Joey " When I was in Rome .... scruffy types tried to pick my pockets on the Roman subway. They were fairly obvious about it & I ........"

Sniggles ! ™

11th January 2007 02:38 PM
glencar You are getting gayer by the post! Not that *I* care!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)