ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the Brazilian leg of the tour 10 years ago today
Estadio Maracaná - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - February 4, 1995
© and thanks to Jair "Coca Buena" Mota
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick at Golden Globes Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
January 16th, 2005 08:33 PM
Gazza Mick is indeed in LA for tonight's ceremony, having been nominated with Dave Stewart for "Old Habits Die Hard" - he was interviewed a short time ago on German TV in the pre-show.

January 16th, 2005 08:55 PM
moy

[Edited by moy]
January 16th, 2005 09:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Oh my!
January 16th, 2005 09:12 PM
LadyJane Wow. Olive Oil looks REALLY good in the second shot. Where has she been hiding that rack or is it the magic of a wonder bra???

LJ.
January 16th, 2005 09:12 PM
Bloozehound mick must be wearing platform shoes tonight

or using stilts
January 16th, 2005 09:20 PM
mac_daddy are keef and patti tere..? they tend to go to these tings, too (without being nominated for anything)...

the reason i ask is that if he is in town, it might be worth my while to check out waddy's weekly gig tomorrow night...
January 16th, 2005 09:25 PM
LadyJane Johnny Depp's in the room. Do you think Mick is cozying up to him???

LJ.
January 16th, 2005 09:31 PM
IanBillen
Did Mick say in an interview there that he has been working hard on The new Stones album?
I heard he stated that there in an interview?
Ian
January 16th, 2005 09:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels What? One has to be a real dweeb to take any of this shit seriously. But I guess they do. They're there.
January 16th, 2005 09:44 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Did Mick say in an interview there that he has been working hard on The new Stones album?
I heard he stated that there in an interview?
Ian

you missed it Ian, Mick told a reporter

"We've been working bloody hard in the studio on the new Stones album, it's been bloody fookin' hell, what with IanBillen breathing down of fookin' necks and all everyday. Hell even Keith's spooked and Keith don't spook easily. He won't even get on the fookin' 'net anymore cause he's afraid Ian'll break his fookin' balls. Fookin' slave driver! Trifflin!"
January 16th, 2005 09:45 PM
LadyJane Bloozy..you and I may have our differences, but that gets my vote for post of the week!!!

LMFAO.

LJ.
January 16th, 2005 09:51 PM
Snappy McJack Hmm...Mick won.
January 16th, 2005 09:52 PM
Bloozehound ~~holy shit they just won!

btw thanks LJ

January 16th, 2005 09:54 PM
Bloozehound Did you hear him thank l'wren for the "flat shoes" LOL
January 16th, 2005 09:55 PM
LadyJane THEY WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care howe lame it seems. It's about damn time one of our BOYS stood on stage to accept an award.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Mick and Dave!!!!!!!

Bring on the Academy Awards!!!!

LJ.
January 16th, 2005 09:57 PM
Snappy McJack He looked pretty good; saw how Usher busted a move when Jagger came to receive the award. Looks like he's ready for a tour, hehe.

Yeah, I saw that (regarding the shoes). WTF is he thinking?
[Edited by Snappy McJack]
January 16th, 2005 10:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Yeah, well Mick won a knighthood too. Yet another paltry honor....besides being artistically destitute.
January 16th, 2005 10:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I like L'wrens dress though. But then again why do I even give a fuck? It ain't nuthin to me.
January 16th, 2005 10:11 PM
Saint Sway sure the emmys are lame. But Mick came off looking very cool - as he always does. His acceptance speech was great. He always carries himself as being The Man. He's an icon. I'm glad he won.
January 16th, 2005 10:18 PM
LadyJane Oh TTM...don't be such a downer. I'm sick of seeing Sting and Elton and Phil Collins win this shit. Be happy. Hell your football team is heading to the Championship!!!

Loved Mick's remark about having too many kids to mention!

And props to Jamie Fox too! I haven't seen the film, but I heard he nailed Ray Charles. Nice speech too!

I'll stop now.

LJ.
January 16th, 2005 11:19 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Oh TTM...don't be such a downer.

OK.
January 17th, 2005 12:08 AM
Monkey Woman Flat shoes... Too many kids... A song's wonderbra!!! Mick was in great form, last night!
Yeah, it's cool that for once, one of our boys gets to grab an award. Is there a vid online somewhere with Mick's acceptance speech?

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
January 17th, 2005 12:24 AM
Monkey Woman Arrival with Lwren (not quite flat shoes!)

Is Mick happy or what?

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
January 17th, 2005 12:26 AM
Monkey Woman And a little kiss for Lisa Marie

January 17th, 2005 12:36 AM
Monkey Woman Pics of Mick, Dave Stewart and Usher (courtesy of Nancy at the mickjagger.com message board):

Commentary at CHUD.com on Mick's win:

"9:50pm - Best Original Song. Mick Jagger for Alfie. Winning by leathery seniority in a category of retch. Slick suit though, Mick. Tell your buddy and Usher to take the f*cking sunglasses off."

Mick, Dave, Usher and Lisa Marie Presley

Congrats, Mick! You have us all salivating for the next Stones album now!

January 17th, 2005 12:51 AM
akissaway Congratulations, Mick. You were fabulous tonight -- witty, funny, and the best looking man in the house!

Edit: Congratulations to Mick and to Dave.
[Edited by akissaway]
January 17th, 2005 12:58 AM
seclusion YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! YAAAAAAYYYYYYYAAAAYYY!!!!
January 17th, 2005 01:20 AM
seclusion Hey, MonkeyWoman... would you mind if I "save as" some of Mick photos above? If not, that's cool... I'm just being lazy lol.
January 17th, 2005 04:38 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

you missed it Ian, Mick told a reporter

"We've been working bloody hard in the studio on the new Stones album, it's been bloody fookin' hell, what with IanBillen breathing down of fookin' necks and all everyday. Hell even Keith's spooked and Keith don't spook easily. He won't even get on the fookin' 'net anymore cause he's afraid Ian'll break his fookin' balls. Fookin' slave driver! Trifflin!"

Well Bloozehound I am not complaining anymore because they are in the studio and they are working on a new album presently but to answer your post:

*Obviously they need a slave driver....it has been 8 years between studio releases. Basically it is like from Steel Wheels in 1989 to Bridges to Babylon in 1997 with nothing in between as a released studio effort. That is a long, long time. So long it was getting dangerous for even a group like The Rolling Stones studio credibility and it is definately to long for any band that is considered still together and active.

Not that I am complaining, and I am happy Mick got this award and all I suppose........ but again, just to answer your post maybe this is the very reason they really do need a slave driver. We would of had an album a long time ago if it were not for soundtracks, movies, and solo efforts by Mick Jagger in the first place. Sure he can have hobbies like anyone. Just next time take six months off from those hobbies and do an album with the Stones.

That's not a complaint, it is just an answer to your humorous post. I feel relieved they are at work in the studio.

Ian
January 17th, 2005 04:40 AM
Gazza Great photos - thanks for posting.

And well done to Mick.

Oscar nominations are announced next Tuesday.

Two down, one to go. Here's hoping for the hat-trick.
[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood