ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the Brazilian leg of the tour 10 years ago today
Estadio Maracaná - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - February 4, 1995
© and thanks to Jair "Coca Buena" Mota
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick at Golden Globes Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
January 18th, 2005 02:09 AM
Sir Stonesalot I'll put up a copy of any boot in my collection, complete with artwork, if there is any. What will you put up?

BTW, I only bet on sure things, so bet something really good.
January 18th, 2005 02:14 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'll put up a copy of any boot in my collection, complete with artwork, if there is any. What will you put up?

BTW, I only bet on sure things, so bet something really good.

Stonesalot I really do not have anything you would really want. I have Voodoo Stew, or Brew and tons of books but I surely don't want to bet that and you're not interested in them.
How about we make a friendly bet. I don't get into betting much. Secondly, and honestly I really don't have anything you would want Stonesalot.
Lets not bet material things. I don't want to get into all that. Lets just bet. It will be better this way. How does this sound to you?
Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
January 18th, 2005 02:41 AM
Angiegirl So, is anyone, ANYONE, ever going to tell what Mick said exactly? For the largest group of people in the world: those who couldn't see it???

I wanna know. I wanna know!!!

Transcript please.

Some show program on Dutch tv showed like 5 minutes of the awards, but no Mick, only the actors and blablabla about dresses and designers (yawn).
January 18th, 2005 03:06 AM
montana same here angie, all programs and tvnews showed a few minutes of the event, but as spanish director won the foreing movie awards....the most of the news was about it, also they talked about main awards but NO MICK! i couldnt believe it :'(
January 18th, 2005 03:21 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
montana wrote:
...but as spanish director won the foreing movie awards....the most of the news was about it

God yeah I know about that stuff, apparently, a Dutch woman taught Hillary Swank how to box fight for the movie she won the award for. 'So in a way, Holland did win something at the Golden Globes...' they said, AAAARRRGGGHHH! yeah right...
January 18th, 2005 04:40 AM
Angiegirl More pix at Getty Images:

January 18th, 2005 09:18 AM
Sir Stonesalot OK Ian, we'll bet, with the prize being nothing.

Is it just me, or has Mick had some work done? Especially around the eyes...
January 18th, 2005 09:20 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Oscar nominations are announced next Tuesday.

Yes , and a hearty Congratulations to my High School Classmate , Alexander Pane , for his Golden Globe Awards ( Sideways )

Go Mick !

Go Alex !

Frazzy ! ™

January 18th, 2005 12:38 PM
luxury1 Monkey Woman!! Many thanks for the pic on page three of this thread--oh my, those close fitting trousers indeed. First thing I noticed, then I was ashamed (once a groupie always a groupie...) then I noticed your comment at the bottom--too funny!! So it wasnt just me!
Enough talk bout the impending Stones album--are the pants a soft leather or satin to match the jacket? He said they were "christian Dior of course" at the interview after the show.
And yes, corgi, his hair is a bit dated, but it suits him, doncha think? That's Mick's hair style. Always the same shag, just sometimes longer and sometimes not. It works for Mick.
SS--I think Mick has done some laser. Nothing else. Much of the facial and neck redness is gone (busted capillaries) and that laser does encourage the skin to produce collagen, so maybe that is why he is looker so vital. How do I know all this??? None of your f-ing business, folks. Gypsy--back me up here....
January 18th, 2005 12:42 PM
Nellcote I never knew Dave Stewart was height challenged, from the looks of that video...
Give me the name of another rock star who can work the room so good besides Jagger....
Right, silence!
January 18th, 2005 12:47 PM
jb It was overall an embarrassing event for me as a Stones fan.....I resent Mick further alienating the Stones for the price of some stupid globe........................>
January 18th, 2005 01:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot It doesn't have anything to do with the Stones...so I don't give a shit about the stupid award.

Mick has less jowl too. And his neck looks tighter...he doesn't have neckgina now.

I think he's definately had some work done.
January 18th, 2005 01:23 PM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
It doesn't have anything to do with the Stones...so I don't give a shit about the stupid award.

Mick has less jowl too. And his neck looks tighter...he doesn't have neckgina now.

Maybe...I think Keith would be wise to follow...
January 18th, 2005 01:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot I don't think Keef is vain enough about his exterior, or has the gumption, to do it.

I mean, if he can't be bothered to write songs, why would he be bothered to get a nip/tuck? And honestly, I think he's probably beyond help.

Besides, Disney spent thousands of dollars trying to put actors in make up and costumes to look like Keef did when he showed up first day of shooting. I think Keith likes the old pirate look.
January 18th, 2005 01:52 PM
Monkey Woman From RollingStone.com

Jagger, Stewart Win Globe

Duo snags Best Original Song award for "Old Habits

Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger and Eurythmics producer-songwriter Dave Stewart won Best Original Song at the 62nd Annual Golden Globe Awards Saturday night in Los Angeles for the track "Old Habits Die Hard." This was the first time either veteran rocker had been nominated for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association prize.

"Old Habits" is among the thirteen original tracks written, produced and recorded by Jagger and Stewart for last year's remake of the 1966 comedy Alfie, starring Jude Law. (They have collaborated in the past: on Jagger's 1987 solo record Primitive Cool and on the title song of the 1986 comedy Ruthless People.) But while Stewart has penned soundtracks in the past -- Showgirls, Striptease and Beautiful Girls among them -- this was the first such effort for Jagger.

"It's good to do something new," Jagger told Rolling Stone in December. "Lots of Stones songs have been quite famously featured in movies, but it's different when you're starting from scratch. It's nice to do it and get nominated for the first time around."

According to Jagger, the song title, which captures the dilemma of serial philanderer Alfie, came to him while flipping through some of his scribblings. "I found that lyric in a notebook," Jagger said, "and it just worked for me."

"Old Habits Die Hard" -- featured on the soundtrack album as a Jagger solo effort, an instrumental and a bonus-track duet with Sheryl Crow -- beat out songs from the Counting Crows ("Accidentally in Love," Shrek 2), Wyclef Jean ("Million Voices," Hotel Rwanda), Josh Groban ("Believe," The Polar Express) and Andrew Lloyd Webber ("Learn to Be Lonely," The Phantom of the Opera).

ALEX MAR AND BRIAN HIATT
(Posted Jan 18, 2005)
January 18th, 2005 02:40 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
OK Ian, we'll bet, with the prize being nothing.

Is it just me, or has Mick had some work done? Especially around the eyes...

I don't know? Your right about his neck though. His neck looks more muscular as well. Maybe it is expensive creams? I am not sure he would plastic surgery done. He does look really fit though huh.

Ian
January 18th, 2005 02:57 PM
Monkey Woman Press Release by Virgin Records on Mick and Dave's win (source: Yahoo News)

'Old Habits Die Hard' by Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart Wins 2005 Golden Globe for Best Film Song
Tuesday January 18, 9:34 am ET
Song Highlights Virgin Records Soundtrack 'Alfie -- Music from the Motion Picture'

NEW YORK, Jan. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- "Old Habits Die Hard," the single from the acclaimed soundtrack of Alfie, was named Best Original Song in a Motion Picture, at the 62nd Annual Golden Globe Awards in Los Angeles.

The song is one of thirteen originals written, produced and performed by Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart on the Virgin Records soundtrack album "Alfie -- Music from the Motion Picture." It was the first Golden Globe nomination and win for both Jagger and Stewart. The song was created for the 2004 version, starring Jude Law, of the classic 1966 comedy.

Virgin Records Chairman and CEO Matt Serletic said: "Everyone at Virgin Records joins me in congratulating Mick and Dave for this well-deserved honor. It's an acknowledgement of the obvious depth and quality of 'Old Habits' -- both musically, and for its contribution to the emotional ambience of the movie."

"Old Habits Die Hard" appears on the "Alfie" soundtrack album in three versions: a solo version by Jagger, an instrumental reprise, and a bonus-track duet with guest vocals by Sheryl Crow. Jagger also sings lead vocals on "Let's Make It Up" and two versions of the pivotal song "Blind Leading the Blind" on the soundtrack.

Stewart, whose movie soundtracks have included Cookie's Fortune, Beautiful Girls, and The Ref, had initially invited his old friend Jagger to collaborate on three songs for Alfie, but the teaming proved so productive creatively that the duo produced the entire soundtrack album together, including instrumental material. Stewart and Jagger had collaborated previously on Jagger's Primitive Cool album, and on the title song of the 1986 movie Ruthless People.

In a four-star rave review upon its release, Rolling Stone Magazine described the soundtrack as "freshly minted Swinging London soul," praising the "great tomcat tenacity" of Jagger's vocal performances, and concluding, "This is how to make a soundtrack."

Also appearing on "Alfie -- Music from the Motion Picture" are P-Funk legend Gary "Mudbone" Cooper, who teams with Stewart for "Darkness of Your Love;" and the Grammy-nominated young British soul singer Joss Stone, who duets with Jagger in "Lonely Without You (This Christmas)" and also sings the classic Bacharach/David theme song from the original 1966 Alfie.
January 18th, 2005 08:27 PM
Soldatti Maybe this award can help Alfie, movie and soundtrack.
January 18th, 2005 09:39 PM
corgi37 How hard is it for him to jump onstage for some memorial/tribute concert, play chords he already knows, easily hidden by 23 other guitarists on stage?

He's been allowed to get away with this for too long, so its too late for some one to pull his head in.

I cross my fingers he really has re-discovered his desire.

I cross my fingers, because looking at his, i know he cant!

hahahahaha.
January 19th, 2005 11:27 AM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
How hard is it for him to jump onstage for some memorial/tribute concert, play chords he already knows, easily hidden by 23 other guitarists on stage?

He's been allowed to get away with this for too long, so its too late for some one to pull his head in.

I cross my fingers he really has re-discovered his desire.

I cross my fingers, because looking at his, i know he cant!

hahahahaha.

Amen Corgi---------------------------------->
January 19th, 2005 11:39 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
And a little kiss for Lisa Marie

they should do the future of R&R a favor and get it on until she bares a son: Elvis Jagger
January 19th, 2005 04:57 PM
moy again the same photo from the arrivals but bigger and in better resolution

January 20th, 2005 08:14 AM
Gazza Now I know where the event got it's name from
January 20th, 2005 09:02 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Now I know where the event got it's name from

LOL! The award is like a push up bra, Mick said! What did he have in mind I wonder!
January 20th, 2005 03:36 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

he might of. he does look a lot younger and better.
maybe they just did a extremely good job on his make-up
[Edited by iluvmickjagger07]
January 20th, 2005 03:43 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
So, is anyone, ANYONE, ever going to tell what Mick said exactly? For the largest group of people in the world: those who couldn't see it???

I wanna know. I wanna know!!!

Transcript please.

Some show program on Dutch tv showed like 5 minutes of the awards, but no Mick, only the actors and blablabla about dresses and designers (yawn).

yeah i missed it and i want to no what mick said word by word or are they going to replay it?
January 20th, 2005 04:14 PM
glencar It's being rebroadcast on the BRAVO cable channel on Friday at 8PM. He said nothing on the broadcast however about upcoming plans. During the pre-show Lisa Ling asked him what he was working on & he said he was writing songs for an upcoming Stones album. He didn't have a lot of time as the ol' ball & chain was waiting impatiently a few yards away.
January 20th, 2005 04:15 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's being rebroadcast on the BRAVO cable channel on Friday at 8PM. He said nothing on the broadcast however about upcoming plans. During the pre-show Lisa Ling asked him what he was working on & he said he was writing songs for an upcoming Stones album. He didn't have a lot of time as the ol' ball & chain was waiting impatiently a few yards away.

January 20th, 2005 04:25 PM
glencar She's tall & she carries a new & improved rack but boy does she look mean. Mick looked interested in the young actress from "Phantom of the Opera" according to some online jism I read.
January 20th, 2005 10:18 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's being rebroadcast on the BRAVO cable channel on Friday at 8PM. He said nothing on the broadcast however about upcoming plans. During the pre-show Lisa Ling asked him what he was working on & he said he was writing songs for an upcoming Stones album. He didn't have a lot of time as the ol' ball & chain was waiting impatiently a few yards away.

cool. ill be sure to watch it. thanks for telling us
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood